Essence Gel Eyeliner Brush

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/31/2013 2:33:00 AM

Great and affordable. I bought one for every gel-liner. Easy to clean too. Easy to draw a wing eye look, able to draw well. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a GREAT angle brush. I bought one last week, and then I went back and bought another one this week. :) I have many angle brushes -- from Quo, M.A.C., e.l.f. and others. This is definitely up there, and the price is fantastic. I've had no issue with shedding at all, it washes up nicely, is great for applying shadow or liner to lower lash line and water line, and for darkening the upper lash line. It picks up a lot of color, and deposits it well. I will probably end up picking up more! I like that it is a fairly stiff brush, not too stiff, and that all the bristles move together as one, which is very important when applying gel liner.

on 3/8/2013 5:25:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is the first an only eyeliner brush I bought so I can't really compare it to any mac or so brushes but from what I can tell this is a great tool to have. I used to use my mac fluid line all the time and this brush did a perfect job for me. I am quite precise with my liner so it had to be able to draw thin lines. In between i also used this on my brows or with eyeshadow which I think wore it down a bit. Now after about a year the ends are kind of flayed out and it's hard to draw a precise line, but hey I did throw it in my hand bag a couple of times and it survived for a year! And for the price it really doesn't hurt to repurchase this every now and then. I might try a higher end one just to see how it compares but this is a great budget purchase!

on 2/20/2013 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this for my brows! I've used it for my winged eyeliner as well - it creates a perfectly sharp precise line. This brush is only $1.49.

on 2/10/2013 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ok, let's not kid ourselves here. Sure, this is a decent brush *for the price* but it's not anywhere near being a good brush in its own right. It's too thick, too stiff, and just doesn't do the job as well as a higher priced higher quality brush. It's fine to play around with, or maybe to use for brows, but it's really not an outstanding brush. You get what you pay for.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is an excellent brush. I love the purple it comes in, purple is my fav color :)

The bristles are stiff enough but not scratchy at all. Price is ridiculously cheap. Comes in a nice transparent pouch.

This wasn't stiff enough for my eyebrows, so I use my MAC 208 for that, which I adore.

Here's what I use this for: to wing out my eyeliner. It creates the most thin precise line ever and creates a sharp elegant winged out liner. For the rest of the lash line I use a drugstore angled brush that is shorter, thicker and less wide than Essence's brush.

I use this with my MAC Chromaline, the Essence gel eyeliner is too soft am not sure if it would be very easy to use such a thin brush with it.

on 1/6/2013 4:11:00 AM

I picked this up for $1.49 when I purchased the gel liner. This brush really doesn't work for me in terms of applying liner as it's impossible to apply a precise thinner line. Additionally after a few washes the bristles started to fall out.

on 1/5/2013 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I actually bought this brush for my eyebrows not for eyeliner. It picks up a WHOLE lotta product! I'm not really big on defined, sharp, perfectly precise eyebrows. But that's what you'll get with this brush. So imagine the results with gel liner!? I'm switching back to my Sigma angled brush as I get a softer, more natural look with that brush. I have yet to try it out with gel liner.

The bristles fell out like no tomorrow, and the application is terrible with this brush

on 1/4/2013 2:43:00 AM

When i first washed the brush, i was highly impressed. The colour actually didn't get washed out at all and no bristles came out, thought it did start to fray. It was dense and solid against my hand. And i like that the handle is thin. However, when i dipped it into my essence gel eyeliner, the experience was pretty bad. The brush picked up A LOT of product, and i was certain it was too thick. I swatched it on my hand, then went on to draw my eyes. Again, it was too thick to really control the brush easily and the sharp end doesn't really fill in gaps. Even after drawing both eyes, the swatch on my hand wasn't dry. This shows that the brush picks up too much product and it's too thick to be called a gel eyeliner brush. I think it'd be good for eyebrows, but definitely not eye liner. You can't create a really precise line with this. Good quality, but it doesn't fulfill it's uses.

Popular Makeup Brushes