April 19, 2014 | 916 users online

Makeup Brushes - Essence - Gel Eyeliner Brush

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by kaejlarh92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this brush for my eyebrows not for eyeliner. It picks up a WHOLE lotta product! I'm not really big on defined, sharp, perfectly precise eyebrows. But that's what you'll get with this brush. So imagine the results with gel liner!? I'm switching back to my Sigma angled brush as I get a softer, more natural look with that brush. I have yet to try it out with gel liner.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by fatimakhanxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The bristles fell out like no tomorrow, and the application is terrible with this brush

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Camuika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When i first washed the brush, i was highly impressed. The colour actually didn't get washed out at all and no bristles came out, thought it did start to fray. It was dense and solid against my hand. And i like that the handle is thin. However, when i dipped it into my essence gel eyeliner, the experience was pretty bad. The brush picked up A LOT of product, and i was certain it was too thick. I swatched it on my hand, then went on to draw my eyes. Again, it was too thick to really control the brush easily and the sharp end doesn't really fill in gaps. Even after drawing both eyes, the swatch on my hand wasn't dry. This shows that the brush picks up too much product and it's too thick to be called a gel eyeliner brush. I think it'd be good for eyebrows, but definitely not eye liner. You can't create a really precise line with this. Good quality, but it doesn't fulfill it's uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own two of these brushes. They are inexpensive, they get the job done, the bristles are stiff, yet soft and the brush has retained its "sharp" edge and shape despite multiple washings. It has never shed and only bled color after the initial first washing. For the price point, an unbeatable angled liner. Comparable in quality to my Sephora professional angled liner. My only critique is the long, thin handle; I prefer mid length handles, especially when they are so thin.

EDIT: I went out and bought 3 more of these. At 1.45 euros, great quality. Also, they're being discontinued along with all of essence's gel liners. I was lucky to find some still in a few stores with old stock, but get these while you can, they're becoming a thing of the past.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

The Essence Gel Eyeliner Brush is a long black handeled brush with stiff yet soft purple bristles. The brand name is written in dark blue on the handle in a way that it hardly appears. The brush handel is very thin, and I find that because of this, it's easier to get a good grip on it. I'm always timid with applying eyeliner (and let's face it- gel liner sounds so intimidating), so I like how thin the brush is. I can coat all the bristles and still be able to draw on a clean, thin line that defines my lashes and draws attention to my eyes without looking dramatic. Also, I found that this is awesome for applying the convertable colors from the Stila travel palettes onto my lips. Of course, normally I would use a lip brush, but I can't stand having to pack tons of brushes on vacation (my limit is five). I like that this can double task. This brush was 1.99 at Ulta. I've heard the Essence also makes a blush brush, but I can never find it there. If I do see it, I'll definitely pick it up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i think totally different about this brush now than i had used it initially. its a great synthetic brush, which is not too stiff and not too smooth. i use it primarily with dark eyeshadows to do a flick at the outer corner of my eyes, just like an eyeliner. if you actually use it with a cream eyeliner, never forget to wash it afterwards because it gets so stiff if not washed. and i wash it with soap because thats easier to get rid of cream eyeliner. also, the purple bristles make it easy to know the amount of product you actually take in your brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by gyum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately this just doesn't seem to be the right brush for me - I cannot draw fine, accurate lines with this brush, but I have plenty of others that work well for me. Many people seem to like this brush and it is really cheap, so maybe this isn't bad for a beginner at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by stls

I wouldn't have bought such an inexpensive and cheap looking eyeliner brush without the reviews. It's soft and stiff and does a good job, only the handle is too long. Lately I don't find slanted eyeliner brushes that convenient for gel liner but I still use it for brow powder and applying eyeshadow along the lower lashline. Pretty good but not a must - have.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by itgrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I first noticed this brush for the $1.99 price tag. I have a soft spot for angled shadow/liner brushes, mainly because I've had trouble finding ones that keep their shape as time goes by. The first one I bought had blue bristles and shed frequently, though it gave my liner and shadow perfectly drawn lines. For the price, I tried again, with a purple-bristled version. Success! Perfectly drawn lines again, without the shedding. I've since bought another purple-bristled one to keep in my brush kit, and use them almost daily. It's been several months now, and they've kept their shape beautifully. I don't need or want to look for another angled brush since finding this one. Great quality, great price, and great for makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by s2chanchans2

I loveee, love, love this brush!

- It's lightweight and easy to move around those sharp corners
- provides precision
- great colour, and is a unique colour so that you can actually see the quantity of the gel liner applied on the brush
- bristles don't come off
- is firm enough and well suited to apply gel liner (excellent with the essence gel liner range!)
- PLUS, its really cheap (here in Australia cosmetics tend to be extra pricey for some reason, so this is a great bargain!! Picked it up for around $3 at Target)

I would definitely recommend this brush!!