Nailene Sensationail Color Gel Polish

4.4

on 9/8/2013 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

LIKE it so much, but some lighter color comes out uneven (even with 3 color coats)

on 9/6/2013 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's a great product that will last longer on my nails than normal nail polishes, it's super easy to use.

There isn't a great variety of colours from this brand but my favourite one is Coral Sunset, a gorgeous orange coral colour.

The only downside to this product is the removal process, my nails are already dry and brittle and the removal dries them out even more due to the acetone and the filing. It completely destroys my nails and I have to wait weeks before they're better so that I can repaint them. ( I could possibly be doing it wrong though...)

Even though the removal is horrible this is totally worth it, it lasts long and has a beautiful finish and I love this product.

on 8/28/2013 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love, love this. Look, I'm too lazy to re-paint my nails with every chip. I'm also a horrible skin and cuticle picker so my normal nail polish (and I mean OPI, Essie, not some real cheap stuff) chips in about two days. I HAVE GORGEOUS NAILS NOW. No chips. Strong and SHINY. People stop me to ask about my nails and where I got them done.

You do need to file your nails very well before applying the gel stuff because it is a pain to remove. I'm not very good at the nail filing bit so this is the process that takes me forever.

Besides that, it's super easy. Follow the instructions, use thin coats, you'll be fine and have gorgeous nails that last weeks (mine last at least two weeks, heck the last manicure I had it for over a month and only then did it start to chip). As a bonus, since the nails will be thicker, if you're a crazy skin picker like me it won't be so easy to pick pick pick everything and your skin will look much better.

To remove it, get 100% pure acetone, soak cotton balls, apply over your nails, wrap tin foil around the nails with the soaked cotton ball, wait a long time (I usually wait at least 40 mins)... so have some TV shows streaming... and then it'll peel off. Do get the little nail polish removing stick they sell in case there's any left, but you probably won't need it.

I haven't tried to use different brands gel polish (yet) or do that thing where you just use regular polish over the gel, but I will try to and then I'll update this post. But otherwise, buy this. You won't regret it.

on 8/25/2013 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After reading SO many rave reviews I had to buy a kit for myself along with a few more polishes....but for some reason the polish does not work on my nails!! :( Ive been using it for a few months now and I follow the directions exactly. I buff, cleanse with lint free cloth, prime, apply the thinnest coats possible, cap the edges, etc, and they peel by day 2 or 3!! Each manicure has never lasted more than one week for me. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I think it's funny when I read how hard it is for some people to remove the polish...lol for me Its a breeze because the polish can peel off like a sticker! I'm so disappointed because my nails look so beautiful and shiny at first but the polish doesn't last. Oh well :(

on 8/11/2013 4:59:00 PM

I purchased this at Walgreens for $49, but it's also available at Target (user your card for 5% off) and Walmart (including the express stores). Figuring that one trip to the salon will cost me $35 plus a minimum $5 tip, this is an amazing deal. It wears for about a week on me, and takes only a little practice to get the technique down.

The colors available now are great, and I hope this is popular enough that more colors come out soon.

on 7/18/2013 11:46:00 PM

I love this kit. I have had the polish last for 3 weeks with no chips, still as shiny as the first day. I have a couple colors and they really do last. Your nails will grow out leaving a gap at the base. Sometimes there is a little ridge that catches on things or will chip from the bottom, I file it off to make it last longer.
It takes a few times to practice to get the polish the right thickness and the right closeness to the cuticle. I find it easier to peel them off at about the 3 week point. My nails grow out and I can take an orange stick or a fingernail to pry them off. I tried the soaking method a couple times it really dried out my nails and cuticles. It also took forever to soak in the acetone and use the orange stick to get it all off.
I won't go back to regular polish. The gel is great no smudges, no dry time. They look shiny and perfect for weeks.

on 7/8/2013 3:33:00 PM

Edit: As much as I loved this, had to stop using it. Around the holidays I was changing my nail color quite often, so when redoing my nails I noticed that I would start getting tingling in my fingertips but it would go away and didn't think much of it. When I redid them another time the tingling increased, lost feeling in a few of the fingertips and my fingers itched and burned severely! Scared the hell out of me and realized the connection between the manicures and the symptoms so I immediately stopped using and haven't had any problems since. A shame as I really did love using this and the results it gave but not worth the damage! Use with CAUTION!
Original: I love my at home gel manicures, easily one of the best beauty investments I've made! I have the Red Carpet Manicure light, but mostly use the Nailene Sensational polish because they have more colors that I like. Manicures last....shine stays, no chipping until a little growth/wear after a week or so (pedicure lasts much longer). It is a pain to take off.
Coral Sunset- pretty coral,
Babydoll Pink- very sheer pink (I use this when I do a french manicure)
White Lily-soft white (I use this for the tips when I do a french manicure)
Pink Chiffon- bubblegum/barbie pink
Pink Daisy-deep pink
Newly purchased and haven't used yet, just swatched:
Kitten Heel- hot pink
Royal Ruby-blue/red(?)
Juicy Sangria-red(?)
Mauve Maven-mauve/brown/nude
Sorry, not the best descriptions, but kind of hard to tell when just swatching the new ones. Ruby and Sangria seem very similiar as do Kitten Heel and Pink Daisy (Pink Daisy being a toned down version of Kitten Heel). Also these are all matte, (I don't do sparkle.)

on 6/29/2013 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can't say enough about this... It's incredible and I don't think I'll ever go back to regular polish. I have pretty good nails and I haven't noticed any adverse effects. A couple important tips....
1) you can mix colors with other LED curable polishes (try a contact lens case)
2) I had a ridiculously difficult time getting this off - UNTIL I stopped using the primer. Now the polish peels off around day 8. This is perfect for me because at that point my nails have grown out anyway. The polish is still perfect and shiny but it takes just a couple minutes to get it off.
3) I bought it on sale at CVS for $49 but they had the extra care rebate thing for $10 so it was basically $39.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE. THIS. STUFF. Seriously. Love!

Like other reviewers, I have very brittle and chip-prone natural nails. I used Nailtiques 2 plus for years with little result, and a regular manicure generally lasts for about a day before chipping. Gel manicures at the salon are nice, but so expensive!! With this kit, two manicures and I'm break-even with the salon cost and this kit will last a LONG time so the initial high cost of the kit is totally ok (about $60 on sale at drug store, and additional $11 per polish). I'm on my third try with the home-gel manicure, and it easily lasts for a week looking perfect, and another few days after that if I can't get around to doing them again.

I have done my own nails for years, with a salon trip now and then to shape up my cuticles, but the remover tool and a nail clipper actually does a pretty decent cuticle-job (just be careful not to cut too high/deep!). The steps in the kit are simple, the polish consistency is thin and easy to apply, and its so quick! Then you are done and have dry nails that last for a week or longer with NO CHIPS!! The removal process is not great, and you do have to be careful not to dig too deep with the remover tool, but I'm going to try soaking this time instead of the wraps in the removal kit.

One tip if you do use the wraps is do one hand at a time! Otherwise, you can't properly wrap the second hand because your first one is wrapped too--unless you have a helper!

One thing I love about gel nails is that I can put as much lotion on my hands as I want, and there is no effect to the polish. With regular polish, lotion eats away at the top coat and just plain looks bad and peels after a few days of regular application. Not so with gel--I can lotion up all day every day to keep my hands smooth with no issue, and my nails stay super shiny.

I'll say it again: I love this stuff! I don't know if I'll ever go back to regular polish, except maybe for a super fun color change. Otherwise, Sensationails home-gel kit is awesome.

on 6/20/2013 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I can't comment on how long my manicure with this stuff will last, since I've only bought it today, but so far I really like this product. It is very easy to use. Everyone who's only half decent in using nail polish, can also use this. I bought the raspberry wine starter kit and it goes on very easy and very smooth. I did get a little bit of nail polish on my cuticles though, but I was able to get rid of it (after curing) by rubbing my cuticles with cuticle oil.

Update: I have been using this for two weeks. I have worn raspberry wine the first week and it lasted perfectly without chipping or damaging. I removed it after 1 week because I wanted to try a different color. Removing it the first time was a bit of a struggle. For the past 7 days I've been wearing coral sunset. This time I didn't use the primer underneath. Removing the polish became much easier. I didn't have to soak it off in acetone, I could just peel off the entire layer of gel polish. It took only a few minutes to remove. I know this stuff isn't marketed as a peel off, but as a soak off, but I find it turns into a peel off if you just skip the first step of using the primer underneath.

Top Rated Nailene Products