July 24, 2014 | 1772 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by madneccy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the only colour that seemed it wouldn't give me a white cast, "creamy natural". Al though it's not white it has pink undertones and looks UN natural on my light tan skin. It has some great ingredients and has a very creamy coinsistency that gives more coverage than most drugstore powders but It broke me out many times and if I don't wash it off after a f few you nh hours I get whiteheads. I like that it has min real sunscreen for when you have to step out again after your morning routine. I wouldn't buy it again because of lack of colour, the fact that it broke me out and feels a little heavy

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by McBrideMary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This product is really very good! Especially for sensitive skin, such as Rosacea or Couperosis skin. It is made with Zinc, SPF 30, which is good for these skin conditions. The shade selections are ok, especially for fair skin. I have been using PF products for a few years now and have never had any adverse affects. I have even slept in this product with out have any break outs. It stays on pretty well, there is a little bit of transfer, but not bad. I use this powder in conjunction with other products, like Laura Geller Tinted Moisturizers and Laura Geller BB cream. They work really well together. I always have a few of these compacts on hand. This product also has a little bit of sparkle to it, which I like. I looks nice in the natural sun light. Does not look ashy. There is not Bismuth in this product, unlike most mineral foundations on the market today. This product gives sheer to full coverage, depending on how much you use. I am always looking for full coverage because of my skin condition (couperosis). It can be used wet or dry. The price is reasonable, about $13, and it lasts a good long time. I have purchased many of these compacts and will continue to. Target, is usually the least expensive, for this product and offers buy one, get one half off, sometimes. This product far surpasses many other mineral powders, for half the price. I know because I have purchased them all!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by YumieLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder. I have extremely oily skin, and in the past had very bad acne so I'm in need of something with great coverage for scars and one that will make my skin look "flawless". First off, I'll get the packaging out of the way. The packaging ill admit isn't so great. But it's not terrible either and does the job. now for the make up. I've always been a fan of this company and their products so I decided to try this powder. I never wear foundation as it starts to cake on me. I needed a powder with great coverage and this one did it for me. I put this on first with a sponge, because in my experience sponges provide better coverage than a brush. Then I set it with medicated pure cornstarch baby powder on my face with a kabuki brush, it's an AMAZING way to have the best control oil, set makeup, and make skin look beautiful. The make up stays on throughout the whole day, with of course a few touch ups here and there. It makes my skin look so smooth and flawless. And to top it off,feels so light! Offers great buildable coverage. I only wish they had a better variety of colors. I wear the color translucent.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by summerblossom6

This is my everyday setting powder. I have tons of acne scars and hyperpigmentation so it is crucial that my BB Cream stays intact and mattified all day. This powder is definitely meant to be used as a setting powder as it honestly provides very minimal/light covergae if you were to wear it alone. It claims a 16hour wear but I find that to be untrue. I definitely still get oily/shiny after wearing this for 5 hours but it does stay on, however kind of melts into a creamy feel by the 8th hour of wear and seems to provide more coverage on the 8th hour than it did on the first...how odd. It gives an almost matte finish, not 100% but enough. Overall I like the powder itself a lot. I am in the shade Translucent and it's a relatively versatile shade if used as a setting powder. I have used it alone a couple times but it proves to be a bit too pale for me and I am quite fair. Now for the packaging/brush. The packaging is honestly unnecessarily bulky. It has a bottom compartment with a mirror and comes with a mini little brush (which I have never used yet, since I am totally loyal to my Sephora brushes haha) but does it really need to be that big? It's not really a "compact powder". I love the color of the "compact" though, it is a bright metallic turquoise which I love and the powder is in a wave pattern which I find quite pretty. It comes at about $14 which is quite pricey for a drugstore product but it is Physician's Formula so it's only expected I guess. I love how the powder is noncomedogenic/talc free so it won't aggravate any acne which is probably why it is also a bit on the pricey drugstore end since it's usually high end products that are noncomedogenic, etc. So its good for your skin which I love and won't cause breakouts. Overall I love this product as a setting powder though if you have good skin you could probably use it alone. I would recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the best powder foundation that I've found so far. It really makes your skin look better. It doesn't take long to apply. I used my kabuki brush, and a few quick swipes is all it took. It doesn't need a lot of blending like some mineral powders.

It has a nice soft matte finish, but it's not flat. I didn't expect it to do great with my really oily skin since it didn't say anything about oil absorbing on the package. To my surprise it stayed in place throughout the day, and it didn't need much touching up. My skin still looked nice by the end of the day. I can't ask for more.

I will repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by chocolate36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a good talc-free finishing powder that wasn't overly expensive... and found this, and it is great! I got it in translucent, which I find to be a bit yellow... I would have gotten it in creamy natural, but it was not available at the store where I purchased it. At first I was a bit hesitant, because I used the PF loose powder mineral foundation several years ago and it was ok, but now I cannot use it, as it irritates my skin and makes it itchy and dry. Maybe this is because I have had the powder for so long, I am not sure. Now this airbrushing pressed powder is a bit on the light side, and a bit shimmery (not too much)!, but I think the trick is to not use too much. I think translucent may work over any foundation shade, but I will try mixing it with a pink powder to reduce the yellow-ness. I would definitely repurchase, this powder is great for my sensitive skin, talc-free, and the SPF is a nice plus. I would also try the bronzers too!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Mondocool16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very silky, smooth, high quality powder like most PF powders. It works to set makeup and can even provide good coverage on it's own. BEWARE: This is a "luminous" powder and If you have large pores it will magnify them and be very unflattering....may not be ideal for oily skin. I tend to use this powder more as a highlight only on certain parts of the face due to the luminous quality and it works very well for this purpose. The packaging is okay...for some reason the clear plastic lid/cover on PF powders always becomes brittle and breaks around the hinge...really annoying because then the lid won't stay on. I find the brush it comes with to be useless...not suitable for applying this product at all.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by catmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Do you love MAC mineralize skinfinish? Because if you do, this is a DUPE! I got a coupon for buy one PF product get one free, so I grabbed my summer color (beige) and winter color (translucent). The brush that the product comes with is crap, but the product itself is lovely. It wears exceptionally well, looks matte not flat, a hint of glimmer (NOT GLITTER), just gorgeous. I use it as a light veil over my liquid foundation or put it over primer and use a fixing spray to build coverage. HOLY GRAIL.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Complectus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder does it's job and really sets my other foundation down. It keeps my t-zone from getting oily and really gives me a flawless finish. This is one of my favourite low-cost powders and I will probably continue to use it until it gives me problems.

Recommend 8/10 !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by mikaelajoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a powder that would minimize the appearance of my pores, but I didn't expect a lot of coverage out of it. However, this gives great coverage, and on "good skin days" I can definitely get away with just this and some concealer. It makes my skin look very smooth and perfected- just like an airbrush, actually :) it doesn't control oil, but that isn't its purpose so I can't count against it for that. It doesn't feel heavy in my skin but looks very natural, like my skin but better. The one downfall on the product is the packaging. It is kind of clunky and also not very sturdy. The powder flips up inside the compact so you can use the mirror it comes with, but the hinge on mine broke after a few uses. I also thought it was impractical to have to flip back and forth between the powder and the mirror.