April 17, 2014 | 1804 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by summerblossom6

This is my everyday setting powder. I have tons of acne scars and hyperpigmentation so it is crucial that my BB Cream stays intact and mattified all day. This powder is definitely meant to be used as a setting powder as it honestly provides very minimal/light covergae if you were to wear it alone. It claims a 16hour wear but I find that to be untrue. I definitely still get oily/shiny after wearing this for 5 hours but it does stay on, however kind of melts into a creamy feel by the 8th hour of wear and seems to provide more coverage on the 8th hour than it did on the first...how odd. It gives an almost matte finish, not 100% but enough. Overall I like the powder itself a lot. I am in the shade Translucent and it's a relatively versatile shade if used as a setting powder. I have used it alone a couple times but it proves to be a bit too pale for me and I am quite fair. Now for the packaging/brush. The packaging is honestly unnecessarily bulky. It has a bottom compartment with a mirror and comes with a mini little brush (which I have never used yet, since I am totally loyal to my Sephora brushes haha) but does it really need to be that big? It's not really a "compact powder". I love the color of the "compact" though, it is a bright metallic turquoise which I love and the powder is in a wave pattern which I find quite pretty. It comes at about $14 which is quite pricey for a drugstore product but it is Physician's Formula so it's only expected I guess. I love how the powder is noncomedogenic/talc free so it won't aggravate any acne which is probably why it is also a bit on the pricey drugstore end since it's usually high end products that are noncomedogenic, etc. So its good for your skin which I love and won't cause breakouts. Overall I love this product as a setting powder though if you have good skin you could probably use it alone. I would recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the best powder foundation that I've found so far. It really makes your skin look better. It doesn't take long to apply. I used my kabuki brush, and a few quick swipes is all it took. It doesn't need a lot of blending like some mineral powders.

It has a nice soft matte finish, but it's not flat. I didn't expect it to do great with my really oily skin since it didn't say anything about oil absorbing on the package. To my surprise it stayed in place throughout the day, and it didn't need much touching up. My skin still looked nice by the end of the day. I can't ask for more.

I will repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by chocolate36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a good talc-free finishing powder that wasn't overly expensive... and found this, and it is great! I got it in translucent, which I find to be a bit yellow... I would have gotten it in creamy natural, but it was not available at the store where I purchased it. At first I was a bit hesitant, because I used the PF loose powder mineral foundation several years ago and it was ok, but now I cannot use it, as it irritates my skin and makes it itchy and dry. Maybe this is because I have had the powder for so long, I am not sure. Now this airbrushing pressed powder is a bit on the light side, and a bit shimmery (not too much)!, but I think the trick is to not use too much. I think translucent may work over any foundation shade, but I will try mixing it with a pink powder to reduce the yellow-ness. I would definitely repurchase, this powder is great for my sensitive skin, talc-free, and the SPF is a nice plus. I would also try the bronzers too!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Mondocool16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very silky, smooth, high quality powder like most PF powders. It works to set makeup and can even provide good coverage on it's own. BEWARE: This is a "luminous" powder and If you have large pores it will magnify them and be very unflattering....may not be ideal for oily skin. I tend to use this powder more as a highlight only on certain parts of the face due to the luminous quality and it works very well for this purpose. The packaging is okay...for some reason the clear plastic lid/cover on PF powders always becomes brittle and breaks around the hinge...really annoying because then the lid won't stay on. I find the brush it comes with to be useless...not suitable for applying this product at all.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by catmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Do you love MAC mineralize skinfinish? Because if you do, this is a DUPE! I got a coupon for buy one PF product get one free, so I grabbed my summer color (beige) and winter color (translucent). The brush that the product comes with is crap, but the product itself is lovely. It wears exceptionally well, looks matte not flat, a hint of glimmer (NOT GLITTER), just gorgeous. I use it as a light veil over my liquid foundation or put it over primer and use a fixing spray to build coverage. HOLY GRAIL.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Complectus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder does it's job and really sets my other foundation down. It keeps my t-zone from getting oily and really gives me a flawless finish. This is one of my favourite low-cost powders and I will probably continue to use it until it gives me problems.

Recommend 8/10 !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by mikaelajoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a powder that would minimize the appearance of my pores, but I didn't expect a lot of coverage out of it. However, this gives great coverage, and on "good skin days" I can definitely get away with just this and some concealer. It makes my skin look very smooth and perfected- just like an airbrush, actually :) it doesn't control oil, but that isn't its purpose so I can't count against it for that. It doesn't feel heavy in my skin but looks very natural, like my skin but better. The one downfall on the product is the packaging. It is kind of clunky and also not very sturdy. The powder flips up inside the compact so you can use the mirror it comes with, but the hinge on mine broke after a few uses. I also thought it was impractical to have to flip back and forth between the powder and the mirror.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This powder is amazing! I ounces used it without any sort of foundation or tinted moisturizer and the coverage was heavenly! I have acne scar/marks so coverage Is very important to me but I don't like to look like I have a mask on. My boyfriend prefers a natural look so this is perfect! When I use it over my tinted moisturizer it looks so nice. My boyfriends thinks so too, he thinks I'm not wearing any makeup. My only complaint about this powder is the satin finish. I wish it was more matte but other than that it's wonderful!

Update: once again, something I thought was great, ended up not working it in the end. This product is way too pink based and make my face look so dark after wearing it for a few hours and the oil of my skin interfered! I wouldn't recommend this for women with golden undertones and have oily skin like myself. It's coverage is great but it's not for me. I hope it worked for others though because its a good product it just happened not to work in my favor.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I ran out of a Physicans Formula powder that I really liked, their Organic Wear Loose Powder. I went to Ulta and they had the same type of product, but not in my color. I guess they only have the Translucent shade now, which is too light for me to even attempt to make work. (It's not actually translucent, that's just the name of their lightest shade in that particular powder line, by the way). So, I had to get something. After looking at the ingrediants on different PF powders in Ulta, I decided to try this. All of the other powders either looked like they contained a lot of Talc/other bad ingredients or I had tried them previously and didn't love them. I got this in the lightest shade, which I also believe is called Translucent. Right next to my closest Ulta, there is a Target. I stopped in there to get a household product on my way home, and saw an E.L.F. Essentials Clarifying Pressed Powder for $1. So I thought hey, why not? I got home and applied the PF powder to one side of my face and the elf powder to other. I asked a few people which side of my face they liked better (people are used to me being odd :D). One replied they liked the elf side better, one replied they liked the PF side, and the majority couldn't see a difference between the two. I personally couldn't see a difference either...until the end of the day! Both powders didn't stand up to my oily skin (but that's ok, I usually use a matte finishing powder but didn't with these to see how they truly were without other products throwing them off). The real difference was that on the PF side of my face, my recent acne outbreak was very itchy and irritated and, I think, actually worse! On the elf side, my pimples were actually smaller. I was very surprised the elf powder reduced my acne, and in one day. I have tried other "clarifying/acne treating" foundations before and some didn't cause me to break out, but none actually treated the acne. I wasn't overly surprised the PF irritated my skin, it's extremely sensitive and break-out prone. So, I returned the PF powder. It doesn't keep oil at bay on it's own, irritated my sensitive skin, and was essentially just as good as a $1 powder when I had to shell out $15 for it plus tax. I would describe the coverage as light to medium, if you have actual pimples, under eye circles, or something else that is obvious you'll need concealer. If you have acne scars, this should cover that adequately. The color seems to be very forgiving. The packing was nice, I enjoyed having a mirror. I didn't use the make up brush that came with it. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone because of the 1)price and 2)break-out/irritation issue.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

Love this powder havent found one like it yet! Works beautifully gives me a nice airbrushed look and also smooths and makes my skin feel nice. Sets my makeup well too. Has a nice also creamy feel to it but its not its powder aha doesnt dry my skin out and i have sensitive skin so it quite like the feel of it on. Will try some other powders but loving this so far!