October 31, 2014 | 1520 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am totally in love with this foundation!

I had been desperately searching for a foundation that didn't contain talc or other ingredients that are likely to cause breakouts after analyzing my other foundations on cosdna.com and finding out - to my horror - that despite the fact that they were called natural or herbal, they had some trigger ingredients that were likely contributing to my problems with adult acne. I had tried this in the bronzer before but didn't put it together to try the powder until I just found myself staring at the label that said TALC-FREE. Eureka!

Shade: I wear in translucent, and while it is not actually translucent (as in no color to it) it is very light and the perfect shade for my pale skin. It is not pink, but neutral-toned and does not oxidize at all.

Finish: Beautiful! Can be worn anywhere from light coverage to almost full, depending on what you use to apply it and how much you put on. It is buildable without looking cakey. It is not completely matte but has a semi-matte finish that makes skin look flawless and luminous but not overly made up. I either apply it using the included brush (more on that later) for medium coverage or with my Real Techniques powder brush for fuller coverage. While I still need concealer under my eyes and on blemishes, I find the finish of this to look even, natural and just lovely. It blends really nicely and looks seamless on skin.

Lastability: Lasts a full work day and longer, and I don't use any primer or any other face products with it. Does not smear, fade, melt, or turn orange. As the day goes on it gets a little more shiny - since it's not a totally matte finish to begin with - but I just blot any shiny areas with rice paper. I never need to touch up the powder. Plays well with others, not turning bronzers or blush odd colors or rejecting it.

Skin interaction: As I said, the reason I initially bought this was because of the ingredients. It has very low numbers for acne and skin irritation potential and has not caused me any problems, and I have very sensitive, acne prone skin. Does not emphasize dry patches, or make skin feel dry/tight. I also am so happy that this boasts SPF 30!

Packaging & Price: At $14 a pop, it's not the cheapest in the drugstore but the quality of it would make you swear it's a $50+ powder. With coupons and sales, you can get it for less but it is TOTALLY worth the price. I like the shiny turquoise packaging, and for once don't mind the bulkiness of having the pan on top of the part to hold the brush because the brush is totally functional! Although the included ones almost never are, this one is. It's very short and densely bristled and works pretty well. However, the hinge is cheap and almost always breaks before I'm done with the compact, which is annoying.

Daily application (1-2x) and still I don't hit pan on this for at least two months. Awesome!

I honestly can't say enough good things about this. This is the type of product the term Holy Grail Makeup was invented for. It is the BEST foundation I've ever used, and I recommend it highly!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by maggiescratch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not new, but new to me, this powder is one the best I have ever used. Gives a flawless finish, just the right amount of coverage, and lasts. Feels like my face is inside different skin when i am using it. Totally softens my lines and pores. May be used alone or over foundation. Hopefully, they won't discontinue or "improve".

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2013 6:08:00 AM More reviews by jereMhae

I wanted to love this product due to the hypes and raves in Youtube. So I finally got this with the complexion kit.

This powder is something I would not be able to use ALONE on my face even over moisturizer. The glitter/shimmer literally ACCENTUATES dry patches and fine lines under my eyes.

I hate to throw this because of the price. I'll still be using this but just to very lightly sweep this over a mattifying powder for a subtle glow.

I won't rephurchase this.. And I would still be using my AVON everlasting pressed powder as my foundation alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by markend54

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product; have purchased it twice so far. I use Translucent and it is perfect for me. usually I use either on a bare, moisturized face or over BB tinted cream; it is long lasting either way and looks very natural on me. This long lasting powder blurs little red spots and uneven skin tones without looking heavy or mask-like. Initially, I thought I would dislike the brush but now that I have learned to use it effectively (brush up, down, right, & left) I am very satisfied. I could do without the reflective bright blue compact and wish it were a bit thinner to easily fit in my smaller size cosmetic bag but these small annoyances are not as important to me as the results i get from the powder. Very pleased with this powder and will continue to purchase this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Kayleemakeup

I got this powder because i could never find the right powder that actually worked to prevent shine. Turns out i found my hg powder! I love this so much all you need is the tinniest bit of product for flawless results. I sometimes put this on after foundation or use it as a foundation like another person said but so true!!! It somehow blends nicely with skintone for this glowey goddes-like look!! It has spf which is nice. Although i love the product i dont know why almost all pf pressed powders have a storage for the worst flimsiest brushes that i just throw away? Its a waste of plastic and misleading to think you're getting more product while you're really just getting more plastic! I dropped this product and all that happened was a little of the plastic hinge fell off so thats nice. I didnt take any lippies off overall because of packaging cuzz i love the product so much. Ive tried many other pf powders and still like this the best! Although thr price isnt low for the amount of product, i always hunt for coupons for this.

Overall, i love this product so much i dont care about its packaging! I reccomend this product!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by telynores

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought the Airbrushing Formula "kit" in light/medium which included the pressed powder, bronzer and blusher.

The pressed powder gives a lovely sheer coverage. Perfect for "mature skin" when you want to look "healthy" rather than "made up". It can be layered somewhat without looking chalky.

What some Reviewers term a glitter, or a shimmer, I call a subtle glow. When combined with the accompanying bronzer and blusher the overall effect is definitely a "healthy glowing". In a warm & humid climate like SWLA the powders don't feel as if they're dripping off of your face just walking out the door.

Cannot comment on the included brushes as I've used my own Kabuki and Blush brushes, EcoTools. Probably in a pinch they'd be ok, although a bit stiff & bristly. The compacts are large enough for arthritic hands to open/close and find within a makeup bag on the go.

Transitioning from a Mid-Atlantic climate to a Deep South climate with more intense sunshine was one of the reasons I chose this product. I rarely if ever wear a sunscreen base...naughty, naughty I know. At 30-SFP it's just enough to keep from pinking. Another reason was wanting to try a pressed powder formula!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I wanted to love this pressed powder but it seriously did nothing to set my foundation or cover my imperfections except making me look shinier than ever. It has a lot of sheen to it, it's like applying plain beige shimmer to your face, that's all. I guess it's due to the SPF 30 that's added. I could certainly use it as a highlighter but it's not worth the steep price. I always go for a more matte look since my face is so oily. And I certainly wouldn't take pictures while wearing this if I were you.

Should be sold as a face highlighter, not as a pressed powder.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by kelseyrae340

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new holy grail powder! It has such great coverage I barely have to use concealer anymore. If you're really oily skinned I would maybe keep another powder with you because this one doesn't mattify that much. Gives a slight glimmer to the skin (not glittery!) which I like but if you only like matte things I wouldn't recommend this. You can really tell a difference after you put this on but I wouldn't use it by itself. I'm so glad I bought it! Mine is in the shade translucent

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by madneccy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the only colour that seemed it wouldn't give me a white cast, "creamy natural". Al though it's not white it has pink undertones and looks UN natural on my light tan skin. It has some great ingredients and has a very creamy coinsistency that gives more coverage than most drugstore powders but It broke me out many times and if I don't wash it off after a f few you nh hours I get whiteheads. I like that it has min real sunscreen for when you have to step out again after your morning routine. I wouldn't buy it again because of lack of colour, the fact that it broke me out and feels a little heavy

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by McBrideMary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This product is really very good! Especially for sensitive skin, such as Rosacea or Couperosis skin. It is made with Zinc, SPF 30, which is good for these skin conditions. The shade selections are ok, especially for fair skin. I have been using PF products for a few years now and have never had any adverse affects. I have even slept in this product with out have any break outs. It stays on pretty well, there is a little bit of transfer, but not bad. I use this powder in conjunction with other products, like Laura Geller Tinted Moisturizers and Laura Geller BB cream. They work really well together. I always have a few of these compacts on hand. This product also has a little bit of sparkle to it, which I like. I looks nice in the natural sun light. Does not look ashy. There is not Bismuth in this product, unlike most mineral foundations on the market today. This product gives sheer to full coverage, depending on how much you use. I am always looking for full coverage because of my skin condition (couperosis). It can be used wet or dry. The price is reasonable, about $13, and it lasts a good long time. I have purchased many of these compacts and will continue to. Target, is usually the least expensive, for this product and offers buy one, get one half off, sometimes. This product far surpasses many other mineral powders, for half the price. I know because I have purchased them all!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No