April 18, 2014 | 1241 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Femmeboi

I've used this every morning for the past three months and I absolutely love it. It somehow manages to hydrate your skin while still making the surface of your face perfectly matte. It doesn't break me out at all. I use a prescription acne medication in the morning, and sometimes my face feels a little dry afterward, so this completely soothes that and just makes my face feel all around smooth and ready for foundation, mineral powder, or just by itself to face the day.

The SPF 30 is a huge plus and it's an easy way to make sure I get at least a little sun protection every day. I know it's pricey, but it seriously lasts forever. Especially if you have combination/oily skin, you won't need a lot. Also, A+ on the packaging! It's a pump, it's cute, and you can twist the pump to close it for traveling! Super handy!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2013 7:56:00 AM More reviews by MonsterMeow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am super disappointed in this product.

Everyone's been saying Cetaphil is a wonderful brand and I should try products from them to fix my acne on my skin.

The packaging is great, but the actual product's quality is POOR. To WORST.

The packaging says it "oil-free".... but when I put it on my face it looks like it's JUST made of oil.
The actual product is even more oily than my actual skin.
Failed to give me a "matte" finish as it makes my face shiny like I haven't cleaned my face in 5 weeks.

I would try another moisturizer next time

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by haha341778

Every time I uses it , I started tearing so I stop using it after use it a few times. It doesn't leave white residue but it's too oily for my face. I like the texture and the package but it's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This' a pretty good moisturizer! It's $15, but very worth it! It lasts a very long time, only a small amount is needed for your face. I got this like a year and a half ago, and there's still plenty left. It controls my oily skin which's great! This also doesn't break me out which's very good :) Since it controls my oil so well, I can use this as a primer. It makes my skin look pretty healthy! The packaging's great, not messy.

I would buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by JoiB

Wonderful, I have found the perfect lotion/SPF for myself and my acne prone son. It did not break us out!!! We are very sensitive to breakouts. My son uses acne treatments from his doctor that requires sunscreen. We have searched for years, our search is over. Thank you Cetaphil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by skulskc27

I love this moisturizer; I have never received so many compliments on my skin. The power to control oil is decent, when used over time. I love the spf 30 and it works very well under makeup. It can ball up if I use too much other than that, it is perfection.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by defendergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin but wanted a moisturizer to keep it healthy. Although this doesn't mattify, it does nonetheless control shine for about three hours. Overall, I recommend it for the sunscreen effect at least. I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited to see this product because I've been looking for a non-comedogenic, mattifying moisturizer with SPF. I have combination skin with a shiny T zone. I normally love and use Neutrogena dry touch sunscreen, and shiseido very high sun protection lotion (in the blue bottle) - great for mattifying for me - but since I've had to stop my OCP, I've been having occasional break-outs and lots of whiteheads, so I wanted something billed as non-comedogenic.

- This is a reasonably good moisturizer for my combination skin in the summer.
- Unfortunately it's really not mattifying whatsoever, my T zone is far shinier than if I don't use any product at all.
- I like the pump bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Xvivian90

Pros:
-nice packaging

Cons:
-smells
-makes my face look oily
-feels heavy on my face

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Halfsquatchh

I have had very oily, sensitive, acne prone skin since I was 11. I'm 18 now and it's still always an issue. I've had everything from blackheads to white heads to cystic acne. Large pores, scarring, hyper pigmentation and redness. Sometimes for short amounts of time my acne will clear up and then it's back and worse for longer periods of time. I bought this during a time when my acne was bad but bearable I suppose. I was hoping to clear the rest of it up and be clear for a while at least. I usually use the cheap equate version of Dual Action Moisturizer which is alright and moisturizes without being very greasy, but never helped clear my breakouts enough to matter. I gave cetaphil a shot because of the great reviews and I'm so so so disappointed! My acne has gotten 10x worse within 3 days of night and day use. It hasn't been this bad since I was 16. It's irritated, painful, and just awful looking. i finally got to a point where i only got Breakouts on my chin about 4 months ago and this product made them reappear all over my face again like when I was younger. I've switched back to my dual action and all I can do is hope I can reverse the damage it did before I start my new school.

*UPDATE*
I STILL haven't been able to clear up the breakout this product caused. It's getting worse and worse and I haven't used it in days. Please spot test this or be very wary using on your skin if its like mine. I can't go out with my friends or go to work without being so depressed and upset about how awful my skin has become.