October 1, 2014 | 1089 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by gracc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after I saw an ad for it in my dermatologist's office. I had gone in to treat my moderate-to-severe acne I have been suffering from for the past two years and I read somewhere this moisturizer was good to use when using acne medication.

To start off, I love the packaging. It's a pump, so I get the perfect amount each time, and the cap twists and locks so it won't spill. And it's a good size to travel with or throw in my purse.

It has a watery texture.
I have to wait at least 10 minutes before applying my makeup, otherwise my tzone gets very oily and I don't have very oily skin. My skin is more combination. And even when I do wait 10 minutes, my face will get oily and a bit shiny with it.

I wear spf every day and I do love that this has spf 30. The price is really great too.
I just feel there might be better moisturizers that won't make my face as oily and that will have better absorption.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Tushky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Backround: very oily, acne-prone skin. I've been having acne problems for almost 15 years, now i get just some breakouts when my skin starts going crazy, but I have billions of scars(all kinds and shapes) which I try to improve using lots of AHAs and BHAs. So...I usually don't use a moisturizer, but this winter, because of all the treatments, the cold weather and the horribly dry air from my apartment, I felt my skin was getting dry. I started checking all the internet for a moisturizer with an SPF 30, good for oily, acne-prone skin. After reading and reading, my two options where Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 and this one. As I can't find Paula's Choice products in France and I didn't want to pay 10euro for delivery just for one product, I decided to buy the one from Cetaphil.

It's an ok product, but I feel there can be better, so I will try the one from Paula's Choice and maybe others, before buying this one again.

Pros:
- lightweight, doesn't feel greasy and feels nice after applying.
- doesn't break me out.
- enough hydrating for my situation
- good makeup base. I leave this for around 15-20min and after I apply my Colorstay for Combo/Oily skin or my Garnier BB Cream for Combo/oily skin and I love the finish!
- nice packaging, I like all products that come with a nice pump.
- pretty big quantity. I've been using it for two months daily (1-1,5 full pumps each time) and I still have 60% in the bottle.
- doesn't have "problems" with Benzoyl Peroxide or BHAs.
- doesn't sting (face area...excluding eyes, there is another story)
- no white cast

Cons:
- Stings the eyes pretty bad, so I must be very careful not to go too close to my eyes.
- doesn't control oil as it claims, but It also doesn't make it worse
- if you are not careful, at the hairline or at the eyebrows you can get some flakes; but this happened only a few time when I didn't massage it good.

If would control a little the oil and would be good for eye area, for me would be perfect...but it seems I must keep searching.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Jskrafty5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just love this product. It gives me a broad spectrum SPF 30 along with a oil control moisturizer for my combination skin. I wash with time wise 3 in 1 bar, mix my philosophy c powder in, dust with a little neutrogena translucent powder and I am good to go for the day. With the humid climate of Florida it gives me great sun protection and oil control all day long. I think if you put foundation on top then the oil control breaks down. I will buy again. You can't beat the price and protection.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by missvenita

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin isn't sensitive at all, my skin only reacts negatively to wax, so I do recommend that others proceed with caution because the formula may not work for you especially if your skin is sensitive. My skin isn't acne prone either, but it is fairly oily and dry in some places so I can't really give an honest review about how it works for treating acne because my acne disappears rather quickly with just my cleansers and my face hasn't broken out while for the 3 months of using this product.

First off, the packaging is great, I really love it. It's a pump so it helps control how much product I get. Also it has a locking feature which is fabulous for traveling, and putting it into your suitcase/makeup bag without worrying it might accidentally pump and leak. I see some people have had issues with the packaging, but I honestly think they just bought defective ones, because mine works just fine. If you have problems with the packaging, just return it and or complain to the company, they'll either give you a refund or replace it. It really is a phenomenal packaging idea, that I think all moisturizers and even foundations should put in place.

Onto the product itself! After cleansing and drying my face in the morning, I pump the product just once, sometimes only half a full pump, and rub between my hands and then apply to my dry face. If you pump more than once, you're putting too much on and will result in feeling slick. It takes about a minute or two to absorb and set into your skin. So at first it does feel quite slick, but that's because it's sitting on top of your skin and hasn't absorbed yet. Personally, I like to put it directly after washing my face and then proceed to doing other stuff--like getting dressed and what not--before jumping into applying the rest of my makeup.

Once it sets, my face feels matte, and looks shine-free. I apply concealer and or bb cream and then the rest of my makeup which is mostly powder from then on. The oil control doesn't last a full day, it actually only last for about 3 hours before I start feeling the oil seep through.

I used this moisturizer in Florida where it was really hot and humid, the moisturizer held up on it's own with the heat as well as underneath my Revlon Colorstay foundation so I think that was great. For the cold, it's not good at all. It more or less helps dry out your skin and you'll start seeing your skin flake.

It's not the greatest moisturizer but it works alright, however if I run out of it, I most likely will not be purchasing it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by brittanybeauty446

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ugh.
Where do I start?
Okay. Packaging. I took it out of its box to see a nice bottle. Pumped it, nothing. Twisted the pump into unlocked position, still nothing. I tried everything for ten minutes to just get some product out, but I ended up resorting to taking the whole pump of and squeezing some out of the bottle. I put it on my face, and I looked and felt like an oil slick. But, I went on with the rest of my makeup and went out for the day. I got home, washed my face as usual and went to bed. Here's when the nightmare started. I hardly got any sleep because I was tossing and turning and scratching my face. When I woke up in the noting, I was itchy and I thought my face felt a little weird and firm. I got up, looked in the mirror and my face looked like a balloon. I had definitely reacted to something in it as I have very sensitive skin and allergies. I had a bright red itchy rash all over my face and down my neck, I could hardly see because my eyes were swollen, my lips were blown up and I had chipmunk cheeks. To make matters worse, I had an annual Christmas party that day that I had been looking forward to all year. So I basically cried all day, his my face from anyone who came into my room, and tried basically everything to make the swelling go down. Now, if you'll exuse me, I'm going to go throw this product into a bonfire.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this along with the matching Dermacontrol foam wash. I really like it because it is one of the few moisturizers with sunscreen that do not clog my pores. I was using Ceravee spf 50 which I do like but it is not moisturizing at all. I use both AHAs and BHA, which are drying, to control my acne. So, I need a light moisturizer that will not cause breakouts. Dermacontrol moisturizes, has a high spf and does not cause acne. Contains vitamin E, vitamin B-5 ( panthenol), zinc gluconate and glycyrrhetinic acid to soothe skin. My new fave routine to control oil and breakouts is Smashbox Photofinish Blemish Control Primer followed by a hyaluronic acid serum ( LIving Source) and then topped with Cetaphil Derma Control spf 30 lotion. You get a lot of product ( 4oz.) for the price which will last me at least 6-8 months. This is also the only sunscreen I can use on my chest that does not cause breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by ohhhleslie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It made my skin burn like crazy!! And it does nothing to control oil, my face felt sticky and gross. Never again

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Another oily skin fail! I like it as a moisturizer, but it does absolutely nothing to keep my oily skin at bay! I will continue to use it as my daily moisturizer, but I’m still hunting for a mattifying product that actually works!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HG moisturizer for me! love the texture of this product. lasts ages and very hygienic pump. controls oil over time and works really well with benzoyl peroxide treatments!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ruselaandrea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's an ok moisturizer but it doesn't work well if you're using topical acne treatments.. it doesn't really moisturize the face although it doesn't control the oiliness either.