August 1, 2014 | 1712 users online

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by brittanybeauty446

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ugh.
Where do I start?
Okay. Packaging. I took it out of its box to see a nice bottle. Pumped it, nothing. Twisted the pump into unlocked position, still nothing. I tried everything for ten minutes to just get some product out, but I ended up resorting to taking the whole pump of and squeezing some out of the bottle. I put it on my face, and I looked and felt like an oil slick. But, I went on with the rest of my makeup and went out for the day. I got home, washed my face as usual and went to bed. Here's when the nightmare started. I hardly got any sleep because I was tossing and turning and scratching my face. When I woke up in the noting, I was itchy and I thought my face felt a little weird and firm. I got up, looked in the mirror and my face looked like a balloon. I had definitely reacted to something in it as I have very sensitive skin and allergies. I had a bright red itchy rash all over my face and down my neck, I could hardly see because my eyes were swollen, my lips were blown up and I had chipmunk cheeks. To make matters worse, I had an annual Christmas party that day that I had been looking forward to all year. So I basically cried all day, his my face from anyone who came into my room, and tried basically everything to make the swelling go down. Now, if you'll exuse me, I'm going to go throw this product into a bonfire.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this along with the matching Dermacontrol foam wash. I really like it because it is one of the few moisturizers with sunscreen that do not clog my pores. I was using Ceravee spf 50 which I do like but it is not moisturizing at all. I use both AHAs and BHA, which are drying, to control my acne. So, I need a light moisturizer that will not cause breakouts. Dermacontrol moisturizes, has a high spf and does not cause acne. Contains vitamin E, vitamin B-5 ( panthenol), zinc gluconate and glycyrrhetinic acid to soothe skin. My new fave routine to control oil and breakouts is Smashbox Photofinish Blemish Control Primer followed by a hyaluronic acid serum ( LIving Source) and then topped with Cetaphil Derma Control spf 30 lotion. You get a lot of product ( 4oz.) for the price which will last me at least 6-8 months. This is also the only sunscreen I can use on my chest that does not cause breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by ohhhleslie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It made my skin burn like crazy!! And it does nothing to control oil, my face felt sticky and gross. Never again

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Another oily skin fail! I like it as a moisturizer, but it does absolutely nothing to keep my oily skin at bay! I will continue to use it as my daily moisturizer, but I’m still hunting for a mattifying product that actually works!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HG moisturizer for me! love the texture of this product. lasts ages and very hygienic pump. controls oil over time and works really well with benzoyl peroxide treatments!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ruselaandrea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's an ok moisturizer but it doesn't work well if you're using topical acne treatments.. it doesn't really moisturize the face although it doesn't control the oiliness either.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by makeuplovexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this product is just ok. My face is oily and this makes it look oily. I've also noticed that if I rub my neck (where I apply it also), then it balls up and seems like it comes off. I have acne prone skin and it doesn't break me out. I will use it til it runs out, but won't repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by leh529

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this moisturizer along with the cleanser for free when the line first launched. I have since bought many bottles of this moisturizer. I love the way it makes my skin feel and that it has the SPF 30. It doesn't really mattify my skin. It doesn't break me out. It's a bit expensive for a drug store product, but I love the way it feels and will continue to buy! One bottle lasts me about a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by muggleBlood

I still decided to give this moisturizer a try even after I read negative reviews on it. My skin type is either very oily or extremely dry. Recently, I broke out a lot on my cheeks, my chin, and my forehead so my derm prescribed me topical Cleocin T and tretinoin cream. Both of these medications can be really drying and tretinoin makes skin very sensitive to the sun so I decided to buy a good morning moisturizer with an spf to control shine and yet not to try out my skin too much.
I have been using Cetaphil for acne prone skin for about two weeks now and here are my comments about this product:

First of all, in the previous comments people said that the marketing of this product is misleading and it should be a sunscreen instead of a moisturizer. Well, that it not true. On the packaging it clearly says that it is "Oil Control Moisturizer with sunscreen SPF 30, formulated for Acne-Prone Skin and is Clinically Tested for tolerability with acne medications". This product is obviously for someone who has acne due to oily skin. This product works well for those who use acne medication and has spf 30 to protect skin for sun because many acne medications make skin sensitive to the sun. There is nothing misleading about it.

I have been using this product for two weeks now and I have noticed that it does not cause me to break out, also my skin did not become matte right away. During the first few days my skin used to be oily as if I have not been using this product but I still continued using it every single morning and eventually, after my skin got used to this moisturizer it started producing less and less oil. After two weeks of using it, I can definitely say that my skin is less oily that what it used to be. I think as with any time of moisturizer or topical medication it needs time to work and for your skin to adjust to it.

I have not noticed it having a strong smell, it does have a touch of smell to it but once I apply it to my face the smell vanishes. I also apply this product on my neck and under my eyes (instead of an eye cream) to give my eye-area spf protection, however, it does not irritate my skin under my eyes.

The packaging is really good, I like the size of the bottle and that you can twist it to open or to close. It makes it convenient for traveling. And you need just a pea size for you whole face, and the product will last you for a long time.

In general I am really satisfied with this moisturizer and I will definitely buy it again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Femmeboi

I've used this every morning for the past three months and I absolutely love it. It somehow manages to hydrate your skin while still making the surface of your face perfectly matte. It doesn't break me out at all. I use a prescription acne medication in the morning, and sometimes my face feels a little dry afterward, so this completely soothes that and just makes my face feel all around smooth and ready for foundation, mineral powder, or just by itself to face the day.

The SPF 30 is a huge plus and it's an easy way to make sure I get at least a little sun protection every day. I know it's pricey, but it seriously lasts forever. Especially if you have combination/oily skin, you won't need a lot. Also, A+ on the packaging! It's a pump, it's cute, and you can twist the pump to close it for traveling! Super handy!