April 18, 2014 | 1703 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Trio

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by CookieX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I cannot understand why any PF product is priced so high...I have yet to find a product I even like, let alone love. I WANTED to love these because they are so pretty and the "great for waterline" and "Totally waterproof" claims are just what I had been searching for. Got them home, ripped open the package, and began the always fun process of applying new product...within minutes I was near tears due to the money spent (was 11.99 on "clearance" so no refunds), The only place I could get the color to go was down my cheeks. (Before the tears), and all over the tops of my eyelids.
NEVER has any product smeared so badly, washed away so quickly and sucked so large. There isn't a single product I have tried from PF that has ever been nice, but this...is...the...WORST!!!!! Personally, I would avoid anything from thier "Shimmer Strips" line...the eyeshadows have no payoff, wet or dry, but plenty of fallout, and the liners from normal to kohl to gel receive a giant "F" in my book.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just awful!!!! Waste of my money! I purchased the ones for green eyes before reading reviews because PF has never failed me yet. I can't believe I am writing a negative review of a PF product. These claim to be 100% waterproof. If you swatch them on your hand, they wipe right off. They claim to last on your waterline. They don't even show up on my waterline. These are absolutely horrible. Do not buy these. The eyeliners from this line are great; the kajals are awful!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

These are garbage, just like all of my previous reviewers so eloquently stated. I also bought these on impulse, because they just looked "that good" in the package- and I happen to love kohl eyeliner pencils. But these are the worst ones I have ever used. This is the first Physicians Formula product I have ever tried, and it is unfortunate that it is so crappy. I had high hopes, because I have seen other highly rated PF products, and I just thought I was buying from a good brand. I guess it was just my dumb luck that the first PF product I purchased would be the worst one they make! I tried the pencils, but I couldn't believe I couldn't get the color to transfer from pencil to my inner rims. The packaging specifically recommends this for inner rims and claims it is waterproof.... but that's a laugh! I never had a kohl pencil that wouldn't transfer the pigment at all-- not until now. Then after rubbing and rubbing until my "black" pencil finally made its appearance, the color appeared more gray then black. Might have lasted about an hour? I just can't believe how bad these are! And the worst part is... I threw away my receipt, so now I can't even get a refund. Gotta throw them in the trash and accept the loss. :oP Never again, PF... never again. I'll stick to my high-end kohl liners from now on. They might cost more, but at least I know they WORK.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by InspiredxElegance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

DO NOT BUY! I bought these at CVS and am so glad for their return policy because I went back and returned them within 2 hours! I usually am not an impulse buyer, choosing to research my items well before spending any money (whether it's $1 or $100). I learned my lesson again when deciding to spontaneously buy these eyeliners.

The packaging markets them as 'waterproof' which I can say for certain they are not! They smudged almost immediately after application and were still smudging 20 minutes later! The packaging is horrible and the liners are prone to breaking as there is no protection around the kohl. Also once the tip/sharpened point is gone you will be left with a thick stub which would prove to be very hard to apply thin lines with. Please save your money and buy something else!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by EmmmJay

I agree with everything zhoo says. Do not buy this crap. I love PF powder foundation and mascara and thought I'd try these since my eyes are sensitive lately. I retuned it to CVS ( thank you, CVS, for your return policy) a couple days later. No color payoff, no lasting power, and the "shimmer" is really silver glitter. I got the one for blue eyes and was so disgusted by the black and brown colors I didn't even test the blue. Terrible all around.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by carobear

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also bought these on impulse, but I thought it was an educated impulse. Their Shimmer Strips liner pencils are so awesome and never budge from the time I get up til the time I go to bed. So I thought that these kohls would at least be comparable--the box does say that they are waterproof. And, as I am recovering from cancer treatment that made my eyelashes fall out, I am sooo grateful to PF for their eyelash growth booster serum and liner, which work almost TOO well.

These kohls are not worthy of the brand. I usually read the reviews here while standing in the store, but the other two products made me feel so confident in PS that I didn't bother.

The green looked, in the package, exactly the shade I had been looking for for a few weeks after seeing it on a model; I used it to line underneath my lower lashes. I was thrilled with the color of the purple too, which came in the same set; I smoked my upper lid with the purple. Neither color went on true. Oh, well, I thought I'd work with it before it "set" (ha ha). I tried to blend them out a little with my finger, and wherever I touched, the product rubbed off completely onto my finger. So I tried waiting 20 minutes to see if it just needed to set for a much longer time. But the character never changed at all. Twenty minutes later it still rubbed right off. No way could I leave the house wearing this stuff, it would cover my contact lenses in no time flat and I'd look like a crazy woman.

And, yeah, you don't get much product. That cone of color that you see, is what you get. Strange.

It was $12 for the set, which is a little pricey for the amount of product you get even if it was good stuff, and yet it is the worst product I've ever used. I plan to take it back, and I've never taken ANY makeup purchase back. Glad to see that others are doing the same. Hopefully it makes the company sit up and take notice and take the product off the shelf! Sheesh.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by hvalentich

I bought this today on a whim and I wish I hadn't. One of the wands broke when I was taking it out of the packaging and the other when I was putting it on. The third one didn't break but the color isn't that intense. Will not be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Jiyapiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Paid $12 for this at Target today.
SO disappointed. I really thought these would have more color! They do not. And they're supposed to be waterproof -big reason why I bought them - they are far from! You can smudge it off with your finger, without even trying.
Will be returning tomorrow.
EDIT: didn't get around to returning this. And...used the black liner twice since. It does have some staying power- i realized I had been using it as eyeliner, not inside but on top of my lid. My feelings for the other two colors remain the same. Although I have been using the "gold" as a fill in pencil for my brows, works fairly well. I'll figure out what to do with the purple.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by purplepiglet25

I bought this mainly because it was advertised as 'waterproof' so I thought it would be good for lining my inner rims. And I liked he variety of colors in the package. But the problem is A) they are certainly NOT waterproof. In fact, they smudge and run very easily and B) the stick the product is housed in is flimsy as heck.
Obviously, these aren't in high rotation in my makeup drawer. I used the black color once-using little to no pressure- and it near snapped at the base. It also has very little color payoff.
This stuff is pretty much crap. I don't like completely writing off any product, but this is just no good. You can find better for cheaper

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by mainjane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always just read reviews here, but I joined in, just so I could express my opinion that these are about the worst products I have ever tried. LIke the other reviewers, I didnt check the ratings, they just caught my eye in the store. What a mistake! Yes, they did glide on smooth...right down on my cheeks,by the end of the day! And they did some kind of weird thing with my mascara; making it practically roll off my lashes, after a few hours. What a useless product. I took it back the next day. Dont waste your money.