Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Trio

1.6

on 4/2/2013 10:30:00 PM

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PRODUCT. I made the huge mistake of wasting over CDN$17 by buying this -- I was drawn in by the claims on the packaging (100% waterproof, great for lining the inner eye rim) and the Nude trio of Kajal liners looked so pretty (a champagne shade, a pewter brown shade, and a black shade), but made an even bigger mistake by not checking reviews here first, ugh. Now I am regretting it big time -- everything this product advertises is false, it is NOT 100% waterproof, it is the worst smudging eyeliner I have ever used! The black shade smudges on the bottom of my eyes within less than a minute of lining my upper eyes! The champagne shade I don't notice it smudging as much, but that could also be because it is so light that I can't see clearly even if it was smudging. This entire trio is for the garbage, please do not waste money on this like I did.

Impulse buy, I really wanted to like these. When I first bought them, I was expecting more pigment, but I ended up with HORRIBLE color payoff with chunky shimmer. Not so much a glitter, still a shimmer. Not what I wanted. Since I tried it out the black I didnt even BOTHER to touch the other colors. HOWEVER, sometime later, about 2 months after, I picked up the brown because I was doing a natural look and I wanted something for my lower lashline, and I must say it worked quite fine. It actually works great as a contour for my cheeks and nose aswell. It's part of my regular makeup bag, and these ARE easy to break. Again, not the BEST buy, save your money and dont even bother with these. But I found some way of using these in my bag, only because I didnt want to have to waste the money. (Very expensive for the crappy quality though)

on 3/4/2013 11:05:00 PM

This is the WORST eyeliner I have ever tried! For the inner rim???? Yeah okay. NOT! It faded within 5 minutes on my waterline and somehow there ended up being a line under my bottom lashes? Idk. Please dont waste your money on these! There are way better out there. Just horrible. I paid $12 for these! Taking them right back to Rite Aid!

on 2/21/2013 12:56:00 PM

Glad I've tried and liked other PF products. This one is terrible! Save your money and buy their other products, such as the liquid eyeliners.

on 2/11/2013 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I cannot understand why any PF product is priced so high...I have yet to find a product I even like, let alone love. I WANTED to love these because they are so pretty and the "great for waterline" and "Totally waterproof" claims are just what I had been searching for. Got them home, ripped open the package, and began the always fun process of applying new product...within minutes I was near tears due to the money spent (was 11.99 on "clearance" so no refunds), The only place I could get the color to go was down my cheeks. (Before the tears), and all over the tops of my eyelids.
NEVER has any product smeared so badly, washed away so quickly and sucked so large. There isn't a single product I have tried from PF that has ever been nice, but this...is...the...WORST!!!!! Personally, I would avoid anything from thier "Shimmer Strips" line...the eyeshadows have no payoff, wet or dry, but plenty of fallout, and the liners from normal to kohl to gel receive a giant "F" in my book.

on 1/31/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Just awful!!!! Waste of my money! I purchased the ones for green eyes before reading reviews because PF has never failed me yet. I can't believe I am writing a negative review of a PF product. These claim to be 100% waterproof. If you swatch them on your hand, they wipe right off. They claim to last on your waterline. They don't even show up on my waterline. These are absolutely horrible. Do not buy these. The eyeliners from this line are great; the kajals are awful!

on 1/15/2013 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

These are garbage, just like all of my previous reviewers so eloquently stated. I also bought these on impulse, because they just looked "that good" in the package- and I happen to love kohl eyeliner pencils. But these are the worst ones I have ever used. This is the first Physicians Formula product I have ever tried, and it is unfortunate that it is so crappy. I had high hopes, because I have seen other highly rated PF products, and I just thought I was buying from a good brand. I guess it was just my dumb luck that the first PF product I purchased would be the worst one they make! I tried the pencils, but I couldn't believe I couldn't get the color to transfer from pencil to my inner rims. The packaging specifically recommends this for inner rims and claims it is waterproof.... but that's a laugh! I never had a kohl pencil that wouldn't transfer the pigment at all-- not until now. Then after rubbing and rubbing until my "black" pencil finally made its appearance, the color appeared more gray then black. Might have lasted about an hour? I just can't believe how bad these are! And the worst part is... I threw away my receipt, so now I can't even get a refund. Gotta throw them in the trash and accept the loss. :oP Never again, PF... never again. I'll stick to my high-end kohl liners from now on. They might cost more, but at least I know they WORK.

DO NOT BUY! I bought these at CVS and am so glad for their return policy because I went back and returned them within 2 hours! I usually am not an impulse buyer, choosing to research my items well before spending any money (whether it's $1 or $100). I learned my lesson again when deciding to spontaneously buy these eyeliners.

The packaging markets them as 'waterproof' which I can say for certain they are not! They smudged almost immediately after application and were still smudging 20 minutes later! The packaging is horrible and the liners are prone to breaking as there is no protection around the kohl. Also once the tip/sharpened point is gone you will be left with a thick stub which would prove to be very hard to apply thin lines with. Please save your money and buy something else!

on 10/6/2012 12:45:00 PM

I agree with everything zhoo says. Do not buy this crap. I love PF powder foundation and mascara and thought I'd try these since my eyes are sensitive lately. I retuned it to CVS ( thank you, CVS, for your return policy) a couple days later. No color payoff, no lasting power, and the "shimmer" is really silver glitter. I got the one for blue eyes and was so disgusted by the black and brown colors I didn't even test the blue. Terrible all around.

on 9/10/2012 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I also bought these on impulse, but I thought it was an educated impulse. Their Shimmer Strips liner pencils are so awesome and never budge from the time I get up til the time I go to bed. So I thought that these kohls would at least be comparable--the box does say that they are waterproof. And, as I am recovering from cancer treatment that made my eyelashes fall out, I am sooo grateful to PF for their eyelash growth booster serum and liner, which work almost TOO well.

These kohls are not worthy of the brand. I usually read the reviews here while standing in the store, but the other two products made me feel so confident in PS that I didn't bother.

The green looked, in the package, exactly the shade I had been looking for for a few weeks after seeing it on a model; I used it to line underneath my lower lashes. I was thrilled with the color of the purple too, which came in the same set; I smoked my upper lid with the purple. Neither color went on true. Oh, well, I thought I'd work with it before it "set" (ha ha). I tried to blend them out a little with my finger, and wherever I touched, the product rubbed off completely onto my finger. So I tried waiting 20 minutes to see if it just needed to set for a much longer time. But the character never changed at all. Twenty minutes later it still rubbed right off. No way could I leave the house wearing this stuff, it would cover my contact lenses in no time flat and I'd look like a crazy woman.

And, yeah, you don't get much product. That cone of color that you see, is what you get. Strange.

It was $12 for the set, which is a little pricey for the amount of product you get even if it was good stuff, and yet it is the worst product I've ever used. I plan to take it back, and I've never taken ANY makeup purchase back. Glad to see that others are doing the same. Hopefully it makes the company sit up and take notice and take the product off the shelf! Sheesh.