November 27, 2014 | 989 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Moisturizing Facial Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by prettycitygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Not sure where all the negative reviews come from, this cleaners is lovely! It's one of the few products out there that actually cleans my face, removes my waterproof makeup, and leaves my face feeling balanced, not tight or dry. Bonus is that it doesn't have any annoying, irritating scents. My is to dry to combo.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Adriana2013

Really like it. It does not have any smell and it lasts for a long time. Feels good and clean after washing with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by iszeto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a "neutral" cleanser, meaning one that is not moisturizing, nor stripping. This is proving to be a difficult task.

I originally reviewed this in Feb 2014, and gave this product 4 lippies. But since February, I've discovered that this product leaves build-up on my face. I have oily skin and maybe the combination of my oily skin and the "moisturizing" ingredients result in this build-up.

I especially noticed this when I washed my face with this product, then applied cleansing clay masks right after. The masks actually lost efficacy; they could not clean my skin as efficiently because there was a layer of indeterminant crap on my face. As a result, even after using powerful green and fuller's earth clays, my pores still looked huge.

I experimented with cleaning my face first with Origins Never A Dull Moment cleanser, then using the fuller's earth clay mask, and yes, the mask worked and deeply cleaned out my pores noticeably.

This was an OK cleanser in the winter, but now that the weather is warming up, and my skin will likely get oilier, I definitely won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by katyrenae16

I've been using this face wash for about a year now, and I love it. It doesn't break me out, doesn't dry out your skin, and it doesn't smell like the burning smell of alcohol like several others do. I will continue to repurchase this :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Vanorangejuice

Ick. With 'moisturizing' in the name you'd think it would actually moisturize your skin. Exact opposite. I used this with my Clarisonic thinking they would make a nice combo. Not horrible, but after I'd wash my face, my skin would be so tight I would have to slather on the Cetaphil lotion. Using the two together I actually reached a point of flaky skin and it being so dry it hurt. I have since switched to the Purity made simple cleanser and only 1x a day use with the Clarisonic. A cheap cleanser, but put your money towards something different!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by hannahps

This is a pretty good face wash. It's soothing and cleans my face without any greasy residue. You do need a moisturizer or lotion on top as it doesn't really 'moisturize', but as far as face washes go, this one is pretty good. No scent and no colour for those of you who (like me) have very sensitive skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Teetska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product sucks. no, literally, it SUCKS the life out of your face... I'm not a huge fan of leaving such negative reviews on a product unless I feel strongly about it.. my face is easy, it doesn't ask for much. Not prone to breakouts, alittle dry in winter but thats it. Though this product doesnt break me out, oh boy does it SUCK THE LIFE out of my skin.. it does an ok job taking the makeup off.. but after washing my face with this, my face looks like I've been dead or in the artic with no hospitality for months.. SO DRYING.. I cannot stress enough. overall, I might reccomend to someone who had oily skin.. it doesn't make me breakout or irritated which is nice given the other facts but .. would never repurchase not in a million years.. huge disappointment :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by jessinfinite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't see how this has such bad reviews. I messed up my face so bad with a different product. it dried and burned my skin so bad that it was constantly itching and turning a dark color so I decided this was my best choice for a cleanser since my skin was so sensitive and I was not disappointed! it slowly but surely began repairing my skin and left it feeling soft. I stopped using it since my skin is back to the way it was and I'm now able to use other products for my skin but I will definitely buy again once I run out of my current face wash!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by kh027

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Even with "moisturizing" in the name, this does NOT moisturize. I have combo to dry skin, leaning toward dry in the winter. I don't feel like this does anything for my skin. I use it morning and night. It doesn't remove my makeup either. I've used this for about a month.

It doesn't irritate, besides being drying! My face has never been this dry. I will not repurchase. I'm struggling to use it up. Might use it as hand soap just to get rid of it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

I thought this line would be safe for my sensitive acne prone skin. I had tried the gel cleanser and liked it, but wanted something more moisturizing in the winter. I picked this up on a whim and I'm not happy with it. First of all it isn't moisturizing at all, in fact it dried my skin out. Secondly I think this was the culprit of some really bad breakouts I was having recently. I have switched to Ponds cold cream as my cleanser and my skin is much happier. Please don't be fooled by the name, this is not a "simple" wash that is good to use if you have sensitive skin!