April 20, 2014 | 1499 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Moisturizing Facial Wash

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use this religiously when I lived in a coastal climate and loved it. It worked perfectly for my combo/sensitive skin, it didn't dry it out and did a great job of cleansing. I've moved to a very dry climate and cannot use this product anymore. It dries out my skin and irritates it, which is strange because it's supposed to be moisturizing and I don't have truly dry skin. I've been in the new climate for awhile, so it's not my skin reacting to the change, it really is that this cleanser is far too drying. If you have truly dry skin and/or live in a dry climate skip over this. Regardless of climate, it's hard to imagine that this cleanser is moisturizing. Too bad because I love the squeeze bottle and love that I can get it for under $10 at most drugstores.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by DylHayd

I have been a dedicated Purity user... But in an effort to find something more cost efficient I decided to give this a try. I feel like it is gentle enough for my sensitive skin, yet works great. I did enjoy that I could get the Purity cleanser in my eyes and it wouldn't burn or irritate but the Simple cleanser did burn my eyes terribly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a very nice facial wash. It is very refreshing, with a clean smell, and it does not seem drying to me. When winter comes, I may feel differently, but for now, I like it. It seems to remove my makeup well, and leave my skin feeling very clean, but not stripped. It's reasonably priced, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by ktbark447

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was using Simple's Facial Scrub. It worked really nice, but I always used it up really quick. I also had a little redness, and so I thought I would try something else designed for sensitive skin. This SUCKED. It made my entire face turn red and it always felt warm after two washes. I thought maybe it was because I left it on too long. So I would put it on, and then I would wash it off right away. Still burning and red. Makeup wouldn't even cover it up. Worst of all, it didn't even get rid of my pimples really. I would not even try this if you have skin like mine- combo (mostly oily though) and sensitive. Now it just sits in my cabinent mocking me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by AimeeJaneRooney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and I recommend this product to teenagers struggling with acne, it does a lovely job of cleansing oily skin. This is a nice every day face wash, which is good value. It makes my skin feel refreshed and clean.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Heatherxs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry and sensitive skin. I was originally using clean and clear's cleanser for sensitive skin for 2 years and it was amazing. However, I went on the prowl for something that was a little more hydrating and kind to my skin. After browsing the internet, i came to find what i believed to be my HG cleanser, this stuff! No perfumes, no stripping, and even added vitamins! Let me tell you something, this product was not HG tier to say the least. At first wash, my skin felt soft, smooth, and hydrated. After 3 more minutes, before I went to apply my toner, I noticed my skin was very red and very dry to the touch, even dryer than the after effects of my good old clean and clear. At first I thought "No matter! Perhaps it's a moisturizing process and it will take longer to notice the affects!" Jump to 3 weeks later. Right here, right now. My skin has never looked worse. It's dry, flakey, and I have cystic acne that I have never had in my life. It's actually starting to spread to my chest, which has never been an issue. I have changed nothing about my diet, or anything else about my skin care regimen. This stuff is the worst and I will never be purchasing this brand again. It will be weeks before I can clear this junk up... Simple? More like simply the worst.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by cheonsa

This is great for washing away makeup (just bbcream; I use something else for my eyes), and it didn't irritate my skin, but I actually found it to be pretty drying. I'll keep using it until I run out because it's not too bad, but I'm still looking for a great cleanser that doesn't dry me out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I don't find this to be an incredible cleanser but its not bad. My HG cleanser is the Avene Gentle Cleansing Milk but I would like to find something a bit more cost effective that I can alternate with which is why I decided to try Simple. Both cleansers had very similar claims (non-drying, hydrating, good for sensitive skin, doesn't strip skin etc.) but Simple is $8 cheaper so I figured the moisturizing wash would be best for me. After a few weeks of consistent use I am happy to report that this has been wonderful for my sensitive skin. This cleanser does not break me out or make my skin red and irritated which is lovely skin cleansers seem to make my skin the most irritated out of any face product. I do have dry skin so naturally I was looking for something a bit moisturizing and this is where the cleanser fell flat. I wouldn't say my skin feels horribly stripped after using this cleanser but it definitely feels squeaky clean which I am not a huge fan of, I really like my skin to be soft and supple after cleansing. I think why this happends is because it has SLS in it which is actually an irritant that helps cleansers foam which I was kind of disappointed to see on the ingredient list since it said that there were no harsh chemicals so that was misleading. Once I follow up with a moisturizer, that super clean feeling does go away and my skin feels soft again but I just really hope that in the long run that won't cause any damage. I am enjoying this cleanser as it is summer where I am and my skin is a little more oily so I don't need as much moisture but I think come winter I will definitely be switching back to Avene.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Burgandy1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product for highly sensitive skin.. I dont use all the time but when i so my skin is soft afterwards with no red marks or being harsh at all! Love it!! Will repurchase for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Anon00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have sensitive (and dry) skin. I find that this cleanser lathers nicely and feels very gentle on my skin. It says non-drying, but I'm still dry after. It doesn't bother me, though, since I follow up with a moisturizing toner, serum and moisturizer. This is a simple, gentle cleanser without any frills and I think it does a good job at cleaning my face. I only use this in the morning. (Night time: light scrub)