Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash

3.3

Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Polyquaternium-39, Laureth-10, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Disodium EDTA, Dipropylene Glycol, Methylparaben

on 4/16/2014 8:53:00 AM

My main concern with any facewash is that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and leave me red and blotchy. This leaves my skin feeling clean with no negative reactions, and although it doesn't moisturise as it claims, it doesn't leave my skin feeling dried out either. The packaging could be better as it makes dispensing messy.

on 4/11/2014 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I picked up this facewash without reading reviews about it beforehand as I was looking for a facewash that would keep my skin moisturized as my then current facewash (Avene Cleanance) was stripping my skin dry. I was very pleased with this facewash as it did not dry my skin out completely and also did not irritate it. I used it with my clarisonic and I would say that I feel that it doesn't remove my makeup as effectively as my Avene cleanance fashwash would but this doesn't really concern me as I remove all my concealer and powder with makeup remover prior to washing it properly. So if youre looking for a facewash that will remove all traces effectively.. this is not the cleanser for you. I continued buying this for a year using it as my daily facewash and only using my Avene cleanser when I have pms skin.

I was very happy with my routine until the last bottle I picked up broke. It was nearing the end of the tube and one morning I picked it up from my bathroom counter and the entire cap fell off spilling out the remaining product. Thinking that it was just that one bottle I went out and bought another one. Unfortunately this bottle broke aswell!! But this time I wasn't even halfway through! I picked it up in the shower and had not realized that the top had completely detached itself from the bottle and all its contents spilled out. I know for a fact it was not my handling with the bottle. I'm not rough with my products.. why should I be?

For this reason alone I will not be repurchasing again. Awful packaging that completely wasted my money. I will go back to it if I do not find a better daily facewash.. but for now I'm on the look out for another.

This was supposed to be a moisturising wash, i felt it made my skin feel dryer and not really that clean, was hard to wash off and smelt like washing up liquid, simple also say they are free from harsh chemicals? Looking at the ingredients I argue this. This product was not right for me at all

on 4/5/2014 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I thought I would never find anything comparable to my Fresh Soy Face Wash, especially at such an affordable price. Behold! This stuff is great and even better. It's gentle but cleans well, and doesn't dry out my already dry skin at all! Doesn't break me out and it really is great for sensitive skin.

on 4/1/2014 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I did NOT like this face wash. I should point out that I'm in my 4th month of Accutane treatment for mild to moderate but persistent acne. So, my skin is particularly dry, but because I didn't have horriblly severe cystic acne, it's not like my face is covered in pimples and dry patches, just one or two. Because my skin is parched as a side effect of the medication, I'm not expecting any miracle products, at least not cleansers. But this face wash does NOTHING it claims it does. My skin immediately felt soo tight. At least with Cetaphil gel cleanser my face felt comfortable for a few minutes before I applied lotion. Sometimes this would even sting and irritate my face, and the last thing I needed was a product that made my skin any redder. I would always remove my eye makeup prior to washing, so I can't speak to its ability to get rid of mascara and whatnot. I guess in terms of removing face makeup and overall cleaning, it may do a decent job, but since I'm not using toner while on Accutane, I can't see if any makeup/dirt/residue is left behind. Sorry for the extremely long review, but my suggestion if you're looking for a gentle and moisturizing face wash: try Cetaphil, CeraVe, and I've heard good things about Aveeno products too.

Also, I found that almost every time I opened this, some of the product had leaked and flilled up the cap/lip. I was usually able to scoop some out to use, but some of the product definitely slipped out and was wasted. Not too devastated, seeing as I gave this a chance for a few weeks but I won't be using it any longer.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not sure where all the negative reviews come from, this cleaners is lovely! It's one of the few products out there that actually cleans my face, removes my waterproof makeup, and leaves my face feeling balanced, not tight or dry. Bonus is that it doesn't have any annoying, irritating scents. My is to dry to combo.

on 3/10/2014 6:52:00 PM

Really like it. It does not have any smell and it lasts for a long time. Feels good and clean after washing with it.

on 2/22/2014 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have been looking for a "neutral" cleanser, meaning one that is not moisturizing, nor stripping. This is proving to be a difficult task.

I originally reviewed this in Feb 2014, and gave this product 4 lippies. But since February, I've discovered that this product leaves build-up on my face. I have oily skin and maybe the combination of my oily skin and the "moisturizing" ingredients result in this build-up.

I especially noticed this when I washed my face with this product, then applied cleansing clay masks right after. The masks actually lost efficacy; they could not clean my skin as efficiently because there was a layer of indeterminant crap on my face. As a result, even after using powerful green and fuller's earth clays, my pores still looked huge.

I experimented with cleaning my face first with Origins Never A Dull Moment cleanser, then using the fuller's earth clay mask, and yes, the mask worked and deeply cleaned out my pores noticeably.

This was an OK cleanser in the winter, but now that the weather is warming up, and my skin will likely get oilier, I definitely won't buy this again.

on 2/18/2014 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this face wash for about a year now, and I love it. It doesn't break me out, doesn't dry out your skin, and it doesn't smell like the burning smell of alcohol like several others do. I will continue to repurchase this :)

Ick. With 'moisturizing' in the name you'd think it would actually moisturize your skin. Exact opposite. I used this with my Clarisonic thinking they would make a nice combo. Not horrible, but after I'd wash my face, my skin would be so tight I would have to slather on the Cetaphil lotion. Using the two together I actually reached a point of flaky skin and it being so dry it hurt. I have since switched to the Purity made simple cleanser and only 1x a day use with the Clarisonic. A cheap cleanser, but put your money towards something different!