November 1, 2014 | 945 users online

BB Cream - Too Faced - Tinted Beauty Balm Multi-Benefit Skin Care Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

Seriously, I freakin' love this product! The finish is dewy, the coverage is decent for a TM and it blends like a dream. If I want to use it under my Bare Minerals Original Foundation powder I apply sparingly, and it adds to the coverage and glowiness of the end result. Plus it keeps my powder foundation from being too dry on my skin. When my skin is better I use it by itself and it builds coverage well. I'll just add a dab of concealer wherever needed and maybe a smidge of translucent powder on my nose. Staying power, for me is pretty good. As a bonus, I checked out the review for this on Paula's Choice and she rates it 'best'. It's high in antioxidants and has gentle, natural sunscreen actives. The tube it comes in is both lovely to look at and practical. I love you Too Faced!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by katty81690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use the tinted moisturizer from MAC back in the day- it was my go-to makeup! Then they started to test on animals again and I ditched that brand. The years passed and I didn't see any tinted moisturizers on the market until the BB cream trend started. This was on-sale at ULTA for $22 and I picked up a tube!

First, I must say, it's pretty thick. I apply it with a fluffier brush because it's the easiest for me. I've tried my fingers and a foundation brush but the fluffy brushes definitely distribute a more even tone!

The BB cream leaves a dewey finish at first, but if you dot on a bit of powder, that quickly goes away. Since it's a TM, it has a very light coverage- it's enough to cover up my acne scars, though.

I must say though, this TM is NOT oil-free. After a few hours I need to blot my face with absorbing sheets.

Another HUGE, HUGE thing about this is every time I have EVER worn this TM (which sincerely has not been much...Maybe 5 times since the Summer) it doesn't just break me out...But I ALWAYS get a CYST on my chin from it! I don't want to not use this TM because it was soooo expensive but it's really putting a toll on my skin. Going to use this until I have enough money to purchase another bottle of UD naked skin....That is my holy grail!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is okay. I have combination skin and it made my face look like an oil slick! I also got a few bumps on my face around the time I was using this. I can't say for sure that this caused my breakouts but I quit using it just in case. This didn't provide me with much coverage and it just isn't what I was looking for. I'm currently on my 2nd tube of Boscia BB cream & it's amaZing. I'd HIGHLY recommend this BB. The coverage is perfect and it has more oil control then the too faced one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Katmetology

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought and returned this a few times now, so I'll just go over pros and cons:

Pros:
Moisturizing
Standard price for more than a standard quantity
Covers well for a tinted moisturizer

Cons:
Too shimmery in direct sunlight
Greasy sometimes
Shade range is too narrow

Right now, it's returned, but I'm sure I'll change my mind again at some point.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by veelui

update--on sunny days, it will make my forehead super shiny, and might not work as well as i hoped/thought.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I love this product - since using Paula's Choice 2% BHA my skin is so smooth and I no longer need a fuller coverage foundation and began trying out lots of different BB creams and lighter foundations.

Even though I have combination skin, this isn't greasy but definitely leaves a radiance/glow to your skin and I do use a light dusting of powder in my t-zone only. It has sheer to light coverage but will not cover dark circles, blemishes or anything like that. It does even out my skin tone and look polished for everyday wear.I still use corrector under my eyes.

The best thing about this is it just looks like healthy, glowing beautiful skin. I wear Linen glow which matches my light-medium skin with yellow undertones perfectly (NC 25-30 in MAC).

The consistency is really nice, it's more of a cream but very light, no problems with breakouts and no clogged pores. I touch up once after applying it around 8am, usually will touch up with powder only after 6 hours or so. It wears evenly and doesn't get blotchy. I don't use primer but do apply a serum or moisturizer underneath and it still lasts.

I suggest getting a sample at Sephora to see if you like it since all BB creams are different, from the really horrible like Olay Fresh Effects BB (eww, no coverage, like slapping on moisturizer, beyond pointless!!) to Dr Jart (nice, matte finish but looks a bit "ghostly" on my yellow-toned skin in warmer months). My only problem with this BB is the price, I feel it is a *bit* pricey at about $34-35 - I definitely think it is worth it though, plus the tube is bigger than most BB creams in the store. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by CyndiK

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my foundation- my everything. I've been using it for over a year- so all seasons- and just love it. I've stocked up. My formerly blemish prone skin has not broken out since using this (Paula's Choice BHA toner gets a lot of credit for that and following Paula's skin care advise in general has cured my blemish problems). I apply this every day first thing in the a.m. because I'm prone to melasma/sun spots and want SPF on right at day break. If I want more coverage- I layer a powder over it with a sponge applicator (Trish McEvoy powder foundation)- but most often I just dust with powder with a brush to set. This is my favorite makeup- ever! Protects my skin and helps it look natural and much better; it's not drying and it's not shiny either even though it has (my preferred) mineral SPF. Just right.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by yudaliz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product-- evens out my skin, it moisturizes, primes and has spf so I spend less time doing my makeup in the mornings. I have normal skin, very few blemishes so I don't really need to conceal much, I set it with my chanel powder which its slightly tinted just for additional coverage and it remains pretty matte for several hours. Since I discovered this bb cream, I haven't had the need to use foundation only for the weekends and trust me, full coverage is my thing. I will certainly repurchase ohhh and also most foundations give me bumps after several hours on my skin, I guess they clog my pores..? Idk but it doesnt happen with this bb cream :) absolutely heart it <3

P.S. Please don't rate this product based on a medium-full coverage scale, this is a BB cream not a foundation. If you don't have blemish/scars/spots free skin you won't like it, just being honest.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I tried this in Snow Glow and love it - in fact it is not too light for my NC15-20 skin but is a perfect match. In this shade, it looks gorgeous on my skin. Gives a smooth, creamy look that blurs over pores & fine lines. It's super quick to blend in so I apply this when I'm in a hurry - but it makes my skin look pretty enough to wear to nice events as well. It lasts well all day and doesn't settle in pores or get too oily. One of my favorite foundations now!
OLD REVIEW:
If you can find the right color, depending on what you're looking for, this is a decent product.
I tried it in "Vanilla Glow" because Snow Glow seemed a bit light, but the Vanilla Glow is SO YELLOW. I have a yellow undertone myself and have to wear yellow-based foundations, but this one makes me look extremely yellow, like a baby with jaundice. For reference, I am between NC 15 and NC 20 (can generally make either work, depending on if it's summer or winter). I may go back to get a sample of Snow Glow.

As for the performance, it is like a light tinted moisturizer. It has enough coverage to cover over pores, but I need concealer on under eye circles, red spots, etc. It feels a bit sticky at first but that goes away. It looks natural without settling in pores or fine lines, and does not make my face oily. I think it would be great for all skin types as it does not cling on dry patches either.

Personally, I prefer a bit more coverage so I don't have to use much concealer, and I like my Revlon Naked foundation, Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation, Bourjois Healthy Skin, and YSL Touche Eclat foundations more. These foundations seem to give a bit more of a healthy "glow" (not oily, just some kind of healthy illumination to the skin) & this one falls a bit more flat.

That said, I understand as a BB cream it is not supposed to be a foundation, but more of a primer...but given most people use them as foundations, I thought I'd comment on how it works for that purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by eksims

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow. I've tried some drugstore brands (terrible) and Clinique BB cream, and this is so much better. I love the tube, very easy to use the product, and easy for on the go. Using my fingers, I saw no lines and it went on smoothly.

This is thicker than my liquid foundations, so I did feel like I used more of this than my normal foundation. It is very buildable and you can build up to a medium coverage. It has a soft dewy look, but not shiny or oily. Blurs imperfections REALLY well. Lasts well all day, maybe just one extra application if hot or sweaty. Moisturizes really well. Can't say enough good things about it.

Great product for weekends or vacations when you don't want to do the whole big routine but still look flawless.