Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm Multi-Benefit Skin Care Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

on 2/25/2014 5:12:00 PM

I really like this BB cream. I don't have problem skin so I don't need a full coverage foundation. This is perfect for an everyday use. I am nc30 in mac and use the creme glow and looks perfect. I will definitely repurchase this

on 2/14/2014 12:11:00 PM

i really want to like this product cause I find that their eye shadows are amazing. I got the free sample, cream glow color. once I applied, the cream does not absorb to my skin and turn to show bigger pores, greasy looking, and does not hide any of my spots, pimples or even anything. I don't kmow if I got the color wrong but it also turns orange. At the end of the day, my face look darker and dirty, and it's hard to remove cause the product gets so sticky to my face. BB cream does not their thing.

on 2/13/2014 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is without a doubt the worst BB cream ever. It is heavy and greasy from the moment you apply it and slides off shortly after. The finish is an awful metallic looking mess that actually accentuated my wrinkles and flaws! And did I mention it oxidized also? Yuck. Ironically, I like many of Too Faced's other products, but this one is a huge flop. I think Smashbox makes the best BB..

on 2/2/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I worked in cosmetics and tried all the bb creams, and ,for some weird reason, I liked this one the best! Actually, I really ended up liking all of too faced's products :) but back to the bb cream, it's very liquidy, which is great for me because my acne medication tends to dry out my skin. It might make some people's face shiny (and maybe it does for me too?) but my skin gets shiny/oily no matter what and I just blot with some blotting paper during the day. The cream is pretty lightweight so if you're looking for heavy coverage maybe it's not for you? It's more like medium coverage, and it has a touch of shimmer... Not enough so that you're face looks sparkly but so it reflects light and blurs imperfections. It's a good lightweight product everyday for work/ school or something! And not extravagantly pricey... I think around $30? Try it out :)

on 1/28/2014 1:16:00 PM

The coverage is very light and does not cover pores very well. The product comes in a few shades and my color match was Vanilla Glow, but there was no glow to be had, only a shine. When applied, the finish smoothes the skin, but does not make me look young. Not only does this BB turn orange, it accentuates any budding wrinkles and makes me look older. There are way better Beauty Balms to be bought.

on 1/12/2014 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Given this is a BB cream, I was pleasantly surprised by the EXCELLENT wear and coverage, even in a hot + humid climate. And Too Faced are a vegan brand, love them! My only criticism is the colour selection - details below:

My skin and environment:
Olive/ yellow toned, sensitive and prone to breaking out, combination, some pigment-scarring from acne.
Hot humid climate - my face perspires quite a bit.

My makeup base needs/ preferences:
I was after a light makeup base that I could use on a daily basis (read: not heavy coverage). Important things to me are: non irritating or comedogenic, good colour match, easy to use packaging, animal friendly!

How I wear this product:
1. I apply to clean, un-moisturised skin using my fingers.
2. Lightly dust YB mineral rice setting powder on my eyelids (minimise mascara transfer), cheeks (easier blush application) and nose (shine control).

Result:
Surprisingly decent coverage! I was not after remarkable coverage and when this product 'sets' it provides an even toned 'airbrush' effect, even on my scarred cheeks. This did not sink into pores or wrinkles, and stays put even after a sweaty bike-ride. The light 'sparkle' is actually flattering and to my liking. This stays put and matt all day, I do not have to touch up at all!. My only issue is the colour range which I discuss in the 'cons' below.

Pros:
1. Easy application and quantity control.
2. Buildable cover (if that's what you're after).
3. Minimises pores and wrinkles.
4. Does not budge! No touching up required.
5. Flattering and very subtle 'sparkle'.
6. Feels light on the skin and (for me) did not cause break out or skin irritation.
7. Too Faced are a vegan, animal loving brand, awww.

Cons:
1. The colour selection (for me) - ugh! I only tried 'Linen' and 'Nude Glow', and both were 'kinda ok'. I would like to see med/ darker shades with a yellow/ olive base, as both the darker shades a pink based. The 'Nude Glow' is a more neutral tone and has a lovely dew 'sparkle' to it, but a little too dark for me. The 'Linen' looks quite pink in the tube, but actually sets to a colour that is more neutral, but still makes me look a little pinkish (the sparkle is also more subtle). Another thing to consider is that some of the shades 'set' darker on the skin. So although 'Linen' looked very light when I tested it, when I wear it, it is a better match.
2. This costs $47 in Australia, yikes. I think that is totally worth it if you have a perfect colour match. I will still buy this, but I would be much happier about it if the colour was better suited to my skin.

on 1/5/2014 8:36:00 PM

This is a great product for dry skin I loved the feel and thought it had great coverage. It's pricey but will last a long time. In the winter my skin sucks and I have sensitive skin on top of that but it worked well on me!

on 1/2/2014 3:25:00 PM

Seriously, I freakin' love this product! The finish is dewy, the coverage is decent for a TM and it blends like a dream. If I want to use it under my Bare Minerals Original Foundation powder I apply sparingly, and it adds to the coverage and glowiness of the end result. Plus it keeps my powder foundation from being too dry on my skin. When my skin is better I use it by itself and it builds coverage well. I'll just add a dab of concealer wherever needed and maybe a smidge of translucent powder on my nose. Staying power, for me is pretty good. As a bonus, I checked out the review for this on Paula's Choice and she rates it 'best'. It's high in antioxidants and has gentle, natural sunscreen actives. The tube it comes in is both lovely to look at and practical. I love you Too Faced!

on 11/22/2013 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I used to use the tinted moisturizer from MAC back in the day- it was my go-to makeup! Then they started to test on animals again and I ditched that brand. The years passed and I didn't see any tinted moisturizers on the market until the BB cream trend started. This was on-sale at ULTA for $22 and I picked up a tube!

First, I must say, it's pretty thick. I apply it with a fluffier brush because it's the easiest for me. I've tried my fingers and a foundation brush but the fluffy brushes definitely distribute a more even tone!

The BB cream leaves a dewey finish at first, but if you dot on a bit of powder, that quickly goes away. Since it's a TM, it has a very light coverage- it's enough to cover up my acne scars, though.

I must say though, this TM is NOT oil-free. After a few hours I need to blot my face with absorbing sheets.

Another HUGE, HUGE thing about this is every time I have EVER worn this TM (which sincerely has not been much...Maybe 5 times since the Summer) it doesn't just break me out...But I ALWAYS get a CYST on my chin from it! I don't want to not use this TM because it was soooo expensive but it's really putting a toll on my skin. Going to use this until I have enough money to purchase another bottle of UD naked skin....That is my holy grail!

on 11/17/2013 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is okay. I have combination skin and it made my face look like an oil slick! I also got a few bumps on my face around the time I was using this. I can't say for sure that this caused my breakouts but I quit using it just in case. This didn't provide me with much coverage and it just isn't what I was looking for. I'm currently on my 2nd tube of Boscia BB cream & it's amaZing. I'd HIGHLY recommend this BB. The coverage is perfect and it has more oil control then the too faced one.