March 1, 2015 | 1743 users online

BB Cream - Too Faced - Tinted Beauty Balm Multi-Benefit Skin Care Makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The coverage is very light and does not cover pores very well. The product comes in a few shades and my color match was Vanilla Glow, but there was no glow to be had, only a shine. When applied, the finish smoothes the skin, but does not make me look young. Not only does this BB turn orange, it accentuates any budding wrinkles and makes me look older. There are way better Beauty Balms to be bought.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by NataLaLa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Given this is a BB cream, I was pleasantly surprised by the EXCELLENT wear and coverage, even in a hot + humid climate. And Too Faced are a vegan brand, love them! My only criticism is the colour selection - details below:

My skin and environment:
Olive/ yellow toned, sensitive and prone to breaking out, combination, some pigment-scarring from acne.
Hot humid climate - my face perspires quite a bit.

My makeup base needs/ preferences:
I was after a light makeup base that I could use on a daily basis (read: not heavy coverage). Important things to me are: non irritating or comedogenic, good colour match, easy to use packaging, animal friendly!

How I wear this product:
1. I apply to clean, un-moisturised skin using my fingers.
2. Lightly dust YB mineral rice setting powder on my eyelids (minimise mascara transfer), cheeks (easier blush application) and nose (shine control).

Result:
Surprisingly decent coverage! I was not after remarkable coverage and when this product 'sets' it provides an even toned 'airbrush' effect, even on my scarred cheeks. This did not sink into pores or wrinkles, and stays put even after a sweaty bike-ride. The light 'sparkle' is actually flattering and to my liking. This stays put and matt all day, I do not have to touch up at all!. My only issue is the colour range which I discuss in the 'cons' below.

Pros:
1. Easy application and quantity control.
2. Buildable cover (if that's what you're after).
3. Minimises pores and wrinkles.
4. Does not budge! No touching up required.
5. Flattering and very subtle 'sparkle'.
6. Feels light on the skin and (for me) did not cause break out or skin irritation.
7. Too Faced are a vegan, animal loving brand, awww.

Cons:
1. The colour selection (for me) - ugh! I only tried 'Linen' and 'Nude Glow', and both were 'kinda ok'. I would like to see med/ darker shades with a yellow/ olive base, as both the darker shades a pink based. The 'Nude Glow' is a more neutral tone and has a lovely dew 'sparkle' to it, but a little too dark for me. The 'Linen' looks quite pink in the tube, but actually sets to a colour that is more neutral, but still makes me look a little pinkish (the sparkle is also more subtle). Another thing to consider is that some of the shades 'set' darker on the skin. So although 'Linen' looked very light when I tested it, when I wear it, it is a better match.
2. This costs $47 in Australia, yikes. I think that is totally worth it if you have a perfect colour match. I will still buy this, but I would be much happier about it if the colour was better suited to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Lauren6191

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product for dry skin I loved the feel and thought it had great coverage. It's pricey but will last a long time. In the winter my skin sucks and I have sensitive skin on top of that but it worked well on me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

Seriously, I freakin' love this product! The finish is dewy, the coverage is decent for a TM and it blends like a dream. If I want to use it under my Bare Minerals Original Foundation powder I apply sparingly, and it adds to the coverage and glowiness of the end result. Plus it keeps my powder foundation from being too dry on my skin. When my skin is better I use it by itself and it builds coverage well. I'll just add a dab of concealer wherever needed and maybe a smidge of translucent powder on my nose. Staying power, for me is pretty good. As a bonus, I checked out the review for this on Paula's Choice and she rates it 'best'. It's high in antioxidants and has gentle, natural sunscreen actives. The tube it comes in is both lovely to look at and practical. I love you Too Faced!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by katty81690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use the tinted moisturizer from MAC back in the day- it was my go-to makeup! Then they started to test on animals again and I ditched that brand. The years passed and I didn't see any tinted moisturizers on the market until the BB cream trend started. This was on-sale at ULTA for $22 and I picked up a tube!

First, I must say, it's pretty thick. I apply it with a fluffier brush because it's the easiest for me. I've tried my fingers and a foundation brush but the fluffy brushes definitely distribute a more even tone!

The BB cream leaves a dewey finish at first, but if you dot on a bit of powder, that quickly goes away. Since it's a TM, it has a very light coverage- it's enough to cover up my acne scars, though.

I must say though, this TM is NOT oil-free. After a few hours I need to blot my face with absorbing sheets.

Another HUGE, HUGE thing about this is every time I have EVER worn this TM (which sincerely has not been much...Maybe 5 times since the Summer) it doesn't just break me out...But I ALWAYS get a CYST on my chin from it! I don't want to not use this TM because it was soooo expensive but it's really putting a toll on my skin. Going to use this until I have enough money to purchase another bottle of UD naked skin....That is my holy grail!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is okay. I have combination skin and it made my face look like an oil slick! I also got a few bumps on my face around the time I was using this. I can't say for sure that this caused my breakouts but I quit using it just in case. This didn't provide me with much coverage and it just isn't what I was looking for. I'm currently on my 2nd tube of Boscia BB cream & it's amaZing. I'd HIGHLY recommend this BB. The coverage is perfect and it has more oil control then the too faced one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Katmetology

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought and returned this a few times now, so I'll just go over pros and cons:

Pros:
Moisturizing
Standard price for more than a standard quantity
Covers well for a tinted moisturizer

Cons:
Too shimmery in direct sunlight
Greasy sometimes
Shade range is too narrow

Right now, it's returned, but I'm sure I'll change my mind again at some point.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by veelui

update--on sunny days, it will make my forehead super shiny, and might not work as well as i hoped/thought.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I love this product - since using Paula's Choice 2% BHA my skin is so smooth and I no longer need a fuller coverage foundation and began trying out lots of different BB creams and lighter foundations.

Even though I have combination skin, this isn't greasy but definitely leaves a radiance/glow to your skin and I do use a light dusting of powder in my t-zone only. It has sheer to light coverage but will not cover dark circles, blemishes or anything like that. It does even out my skin tone and look polished for everyday wear.I still use corrector under my eyes.

The best thing about this is it just looks like healthy, glowing beautiful skin. I wear Linen glow which matches my light-medium skin with yellow undertones perfectly (NC 25-30 in MAC).

The consistency is really nice, it's more of a cream but very light, no problems with breakouts and no clogged pores. I touch up once after applying it around 8am, usually will touch up with powder only after 6 hours or so. It wears evenly and doesn't get blotchy. I don't use primer but do apply a serum or moisturizer underneath and it still lasts.

I suggest getting a sample at Sephora to see if you like it since all BB creams are different, from the really horrible like Olay Fresh Effects BB (eww, no coverage, like slapping on moisturizer, beyond pointless!!) to Dr Jart (nice, matte finish but looks a bit "ghostly" on my yellow-toned skin in warmer months). My only problem with this BB is the price, I feel it is a *bit* pricey at about $34-35 - I definitely think it is worth it though, plus the tube is bigger than most BB creams in the store. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by CyndiK

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my foundation- my everything. I've been using it for over a year- so all seasons- and just love it. I've stocked up. My formerly blemish prone skin has not broken out since using this (Paula's Choice BHA toner gets a lot of credit for that and following Paula's skin care advise in general has cured my blemish problems). I apply this every day first thing in the a.m. because I'm prone to melasma/sun spots and want SPF on right at day break. If I want more coverage- I layer a powder over it with a sponge applicator (Trish McEvoy powder foundation)- but most often I just dust with powder with a brush to set. This is my favorite makeup- ever! Protects my skin and helps it look natural and much better; it's not drying and it's not shiny either even though it has (my preferred) mineral SPF. Just right.