December 21, 2014 | 1853 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Infallible - Iced Latte 888

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading all the wonderful reviews, I keep wondering if maybe there was a defect with the eyeshadows I have from L'Oreal. Maybe I am not using them correctly. I have Amber Rush and Bottomless Java. A soft silver gray and a darker almost navy blue color. My eyes are a hazel color mix of warm greens. The shadows tempted me because of the beautiful pigmented colors. They are Gorgeous and that was why I grabbed them.

My problem is they are messy, difficult to work with and the fall out can't be removed easily. I like to use a bit of water or oil mixed with my shadow to create subtle bit of shade. I do not use a primer and maybe this is why they are frustrating. No drama for me I like elegance. I want to look as natural as possible making my eyes pop without going overboard. These shadows do not go where you want them too. The powder falls all over your face and I have yet to find the correct brush or tool that works with them. I guess you could use your finger but I like using brushes to shade, contour and create smokey eyes. I have small hooded lids with very little real esate to emphasize. I am looking for a suble color and shadow that can be used as an eyeliner or blended to contour. I found these did not blend nicely and the pigment remained strong. TOO STRONG! If you are young person with lots of lid space and wanting to be dramatic with your makeup and of course do not mind the fall out all over your cheeks this might work for you. While the pigment is lovely. I found using these shadows to be frustrating.

Pros:
Great colors
Dramatic
Lasts easily 5 hours

Cons:
Fall out terrible. Not milled nicely.
The powder is thick, chunky, lumpy and anything but smooth.
Difficult to blend goes on too thick. Not buildable at all. Unable to mix or layer colors

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting this shade since first reading raves about it on Temptalia and then seeing the high ratings and comments here on MUA. Similar shades were available in Canada but none had the name "Iced Latte" so I figured this was a different colour than the light beige shades available here. I just became obsessed with getting "Iced Latte" and so, when we went over the border a few weeks ago, I picked this up. All I can say is that I am disappointed. This colour is far more frosty and "icy" than I was expecting. I have other Infallible shadows that I really like - they have a sheen but it's not "over the top". In contrast, I find Iced Latte to be almost unwearable. In addition, I actually think it's the same shade as a colour that is sold in Canada (why they have to use different names in different countries makes absolutely NO sense to me at all and just ends up confusing us consumers, which is frustrating, to say the least).

On the "plus" side, this shadow does wear well and can also make a beautiful, long-lasting base for other eye shadows but I already have a lot of shadows that do this.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this little shadow! This was my first loose powder shadow and I enjoy working with it. This picks up easily with a eyeshadow brush and goes on smoothly and blends well. This gives me a nice bright wide awake look and highlights nicely. This is one that I can put on all by itself and it looks good. This shadow is very shimmery though. I like that but on older eyes it seems to accentuate the lines in my skin even with a eyeshadow base beneath. I applied this over 8 hours ago and it still looks great and hasn't creased or flaked off at all. I am so happy with these Infallible shadows that I have purchased several and plan to get even more.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by faerielvr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Someone said this was a dupe for Stila Kitten... not! The sparkle is bright silver (not a pearlized soft glow) and it made me itch everywhere I put it on my face/eyes! It's a no-go for me. The Stila formula for the Kitten duo is TDF. Not this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by BrizzyB

I can't get enough of this eyeshadow I'm so beyond happy I bought it. I apply it on my inner eyelids & right away it brightens my eyes, look so pretty all over the lid. I find the best tool to use with these infallible eyeshadows is your fingers, blends easily, shimmery but NOT chunky glitter! It's just on point! Apply a primer though, other than that I found my holy grail favorite eyeshadow! I LOVE these amazing Infallible eyeshadows. I will repurchase over & over again!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Clo0107

I have had this for over a year and use it every day and have yet to hit pan! this is my favorite Infallible and probably favorite eye shadow ever!! It's a beautiful champagne color that is great for highlighting the lid, inner tear duct, brow bone, and even the cheekbones and cupids bow. BUY THIS!!! YOU WON'T REGRET IT! Fyi, best when used with your finger.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by GeriTaitague

Love this eyeshadow as an everyday use over my maybelline color tatoo bad to the bronze. Also great on its own. for some reason i also love this product to highlight my checkbones, cupids bow, and the center of my nose. a little goes a long way. absolutely will purchase again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Dana181

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this everyday on my lids by itself and I love it!

The lid was confusing at first, but what you do is turn it so that the lid and the clear part with the product is facing downwards, then you unscrew the lid and take out the stopper and you can use your beautiful eyeshadow.
It's so smooth and not crumbly at all so I just use my fingers to apply it. It's a nice, shimmery, light champagne color that I feel is universal and would look good on any skin tone. With a primer, it stays on all day, but even without a primer, I think it lasts for quite a while. You can also use this as a base to make other colors pop against your lids. I love this e/s and would recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by thelmathegreat

Pros:
-Great Pigmentation
-Beautiful Color
-Serves several purposes (All over wash, inner corner highlight, etc.)
-High-end looking packaging (I don't mind the little presser thing...)
-Lasts forever
Cons:
-Kind of expensive for a drugstore shadow
-Doesn't work on browbone
-Kind of difficult to use with some brushes

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Buterfly3446

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product. I think all of the Infallible shadows are amazing but Iced Latte is the most versatile and beautiful. I have used it on my lids and brow bone for pops of shine. I also love it as an inner corner highlight and I have also used it on top of my cheek bones as a highlighter. It's absolutely beautiful