September 24, 2014 | 1465 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Pink Chiffon Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by BooCuddlez

I recently got this from my grandmother, who ALWWAYS gets me B&BW products for Xmas. It's kind of a tradition.
Anyways...
I really loved the packaging of this lotion, I got the triple moisture body cream and the packaging was so pretty and girly.
I used this after my shower, and really enjoyed the scent. I do love sweeter, candy-smelling scents. IMO, it smelled like very sweet strawberry Laffy Taffy.. Yum! It does have a musky undertone to it. I will probablybe purchasing the matching fragrance mist.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Pemby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This definitely has a sweet candy like smell to it. To be honest I was a little put off by it at first, but after a few minutes it dries down to a more complex sent. A sort of creamy, berry, almost a bit floral, combination that has a distinctly feminine quality. I feel like I should have on at least one pink thing whenever I wear this sent. Plus BBW does a great job with their moisturizers, always fast absorbing and non-greasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this fragrance! I first bought the lotion then recently got the body cream. If you're not into sweet candy scents, you probably won't like this. It's filled with vanilla cream, candy sweet berries and a hint of musk. This is now my top fave at BBW next to VBN. I just can't get enough of the fresh, creamy fruitiness. Oh, and it's long lasting too. I like to layer it with my musky, vanilla based Fall/Winter perfumes (Pink Sugar Sensual, Hard Candy, Pure Vanilla, Rebelle, Jimmy Choo and Fantasy just to name a few).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by melllm

This smells delicious. Super girly and noticeable, but not too strong. I wear the cream (not the lotion) paired with the matching fragrance mist and have received many compliments. I find that the scent pairs well with many perfumes as well. Plus i like the cute pink bottle:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a coupon for a free trial size product and let me 8 year old DD pick out what she wanted. Clearly attracted to the bright pink, ultra-girly packaging, she chose the sticky-sweet (vanilla? Berries? Not sure) Pink Chiffon lotion. Whatever. I would give it 2 lippies - but for an 8 year old its a 3 or 4.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

You know you have the wrong scent when you go to put a little lotion on your hands and your boss sneaks up behind you and he recoils when you turn to him. Yikes!! Yes, Pink Chiffon is very strong. I did like it at first but holy hannah is it strong. After Mike's reaction I tossed it. Certainly don't want to offend anyone with my choice of scents, Good Lord especially at work! So out it went. Next!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath&BodyWorks' Pink Chiffon is an "ultra feminine blend of Sparkling Red Pear, Vanilla Orchid, and Whipped Chiffon Musk". This scent was inspired by the "effortless grace and beauty of a master ballerina." Wow, have you ever tried so hard to appeal to young girls? This scent was released earlier this year and was quickly added to the permanent range right away. This scent seems to be one of the brand's best sellers. Bath&BodyWorks is downright boastful about their lotion formula, calling it the best daily moisturizer. The formula contains jojoba oil, vitamin e, and shea butter, promised to be non greasy and quick absorbing. Bath&BodyWorks is a PETA award winning cruelty free brand that makes all their products in the USA. I bought my mini bottle for $3.33 on a 3/$10 deal. Travel size 3fl oz bottles sell individually for $5, or $11 for a full size 8fl oz bottle.
Pink Chiffon comes in a recyclable, curvy, translucent pink plastic bottle. The pink bottle is topped off with a matching pop up cap. The label artwork shares some similar elements to Carried Away's label. Red and pink carnations sit in a bed of light blue tulle. The name of the scent is written in cursive in fuchsia ribbon font. So girly, so much pink. A full ingredient list can be found on the back along with a little bit of company info.
I sampled Pink Chiffon in store previous to it's release and I hated it. It was awful! So fake, so cloying! A few months ago, I tried it again and really liked it, it was fruity and girly and playful, the kind of scent I love. I took the jump and bought a mini bottle to solidify my opinion. Before I tell you what I think of it now, let me list out the scent notes for you:

Top Notes: Mandarin, Sparkling Red Pear, Peach Nectar, Wild Berries
Mid Notes: Tiare Flower, Jasmine Petals, Water Lily, Apple Blossom
Dry Notes: Coconut Milk, Vanilla Orchid, Creamy Sandalwood, Heliotrope, Chiffon Musk

So does Pink Chiffon smell as feminine and beautiful as a graceful ballerina? Depends, do ballerinas smell yucky and artificial? Maybe. Like, I don't think Pink Chiffon even smells like any of the scent notes. This scent smells sugary, warm, and plasticy in the most artificial way. A lot of girls say that Pink Chiffon smells like candy, but I just don't pick it up. I don't pick up anything in particularly. The scent is even hard to categorize, it's not woody, gourmand, fruity, floral, anything. It's just bland and fake. Luckily it only lasts on the skin for a couple minutes.
The lotion is standard for Bath&BodyWorks. Thin, white, non-greasy, and quick to sink in. The lotion really isn't that special, definitely not the worlds best daily moisturizer. This lotion is adequately moisturizing and leaves skin feeling comfortable and silky soft, but nothing amazing.
I know I said it about White Citrus, but Pink Chiffon is definitely my least favorite Bath&BodyWorks scent. It's so plain and boring and fake I just can't. This is the kind of scent that gives Bath&BodyWorks a bad rep. I definitely wouldn't repurchase or recommend this scent. Packaging is pretty but otherwise not a fan, not a fan at all. I know Bath&BodyWorks is capable of better scents than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by geek2chic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you look at my review below this one I go in depth on how I came upon this lotion. Needless to say this is my new favorite B&BW smell! :) x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I got the $1 trial lotion when this scent first came out and I fell in love with it! I love how it smells like strawberries & cream!! I ended up actually buying the perfume because I liked this so much.

If you are into soft scents then I would recommend this. But if you are looking for something that's bold and that would stand out then this is NOT it at all lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by saygrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It does smell sweet without being yucky. Smell lasts longer as compared to the fine fragrance mist (which is basically non-existent). I don't think it's a special smell. Don't get me wrong, it does smell really nice and girly but overall, I think there are lots of similar smells out there. 4 stars because the lotion does a decent job of moisturizing my skin.