Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

This has been my go to foundation for at least a year. I have bought this several times and looking back I have found that although it is a 'dewy' finish it is more like a greasy finish, the foundation is quite heavy and wet looking. This said I do repurchase this quite a lot because the price is great, very cheap, the packaging is nice and has a pump which is always a plus. The cons would be the minimal choice of colours and the fact is is very greasy looking more so than dewy. I find that you will need to powder generiously throughout the day. However, I have normal skin so I cant say what it would be like with people with oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Tbh i actually like this product, but the colour range is horrible and BREAKS ME OUT BADLY. When you first apply it onto your skin, it looks amazing, but after a few hours, it made my whole face so greasy, especially my t-zone :( the main reason I quit this product is due to the breakouts. Gave me a lot of zits, sadly.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot for the life of me understand why this is so popular. Shade range is terrible, longevity is appalling and doesn't have the best coverage either. I get the lightest shade and it's way too dark for me to use without fake tan. I wear this foundation just to use it up really but I wear it when I know I'm not going to be out of the house long because it doesn't even last for my 5 hour work shift. I wore it yesterday and when I came home at 2pm it was completely off my face. I use a primer and I use the Urban Decay setting spray as well as a powder and it just does not work (I have normal to combination skin, not too oily). This is definitely my least favourite of the Rimmel foundations, if you want to try the others i'd recommend the Lasting Perfection because it lasts a long time.

I find it very difficult to find foundations that suit my very pale skin tone, so ivory shades instantly make me orange. When I saw that Rimmel made a new light porcelain shade, I decided to try this foundation. It is more pink than yellow unlike a lot of drugstore foundations, the pink is perfect for paler skin tones.
I apply this with my Beauty Blender and I love how it looks. It makes you look refreshed and redness is toned down. You can't really see the little shimmers on your face most of the time, but you can when in certain lighting.
I get very oily on my forehead and nose, but I did get it to stay on my forehead but not so much on my nose. I use a primer but I just struggle to get it to stay on my nose, even with a matte setting powder. I've heard that this foundation is good for dry skin, but if my skin is a little dry, the foundation does show this.
I do still have to wear concealer with this under my eyes and on any acne, but I do like the foundation and also the scent.

Much like the concealer, these foundations are very dark for us paler skinned ladies! Light to medium coverage but didn't cover any redness on my skin. I felt it was oily and sat on my skin. It did give a nice glow to my skin but from my experience, it didn't ever stay perfect all day long. Was disappointed as I had heard great reviews on this product!

I can't get this foundation to work for me. Even if I succeed in making it look not cakey, it only lasts a few hours. I understand that they were going for the dewy look - which I love - but it just ends up looking oily. I have the lightest shade - 010 light porcelain, as I have very fair skin.. but I still need to have abit of tan for it to not be too yellow. My advice would be to just buy the Rimmel Match Perfection instead. A much better foundation overall.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I think this is the one Rimmel product that I don't have any complaints regarding the packaging. I love that it has a pump. Coverage is medium, and leaves your skin looking really healthy. Finish is dewy so if you're not a fan of that finish, steer clear of this. This actually didn't make me oily, which says a lot considering I'm an oily skin type to begin with. Didn't break me out, which is a good sign. However the colours run a little dark. For example in maybelline fit me, I use 210 which is in the medium range. In this, I use the second lightest shade which is "true ivory". So these run a little dark, so to all my pale sisters out there I don't know if you'll find a match. If you do, try it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

One of my favourite foundations, Really affordable and packaging comes with a pump which is always handy! lasts on my skin around 3 hours (you get what you pay for) however it does cover my skin nicely and gives me a nice finishing look.

One of the best foundations EVER!!!!!!!!! This is amazing! I love it so much! It has light to medium coverage. Lovely scent. Dewy/satin finish.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is my go-to summer foundation!! If you like a dewy look without looking like an oily chip pan, this is perfect. Don't be put off by the fine glitters, it hardly notices on your skin and I feel my skin looks super healthy when I wear this. I am an Nw20 and true ivory is my match.