July 28, 2014 | 1995 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by BassChicken

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin leaning on the oily side that's very, very fair and scarred and prone to breakout. For me, I haven't found a better foundation, yet.

The biggest problem I have with any foundation is when it going orange on the skin. Previously I used an array of BB creams including Garnier and Rimmel but they all left my face looking like an oompa loompa. Wake Me Up does still go orange especially around the neck line but when blended out properly, is hardly noticeable.

Overall coverage is good for me and easily builds apart from areas I'm more oily, like my nose which it kind of doesn't stick. This can be fixed with a concealer or highlighter of course but is still rather annoying. Can I happily go out with just this foundation on? Yes I can. But for the more flawless look and covered scars, concealer is needed.

This foundation does get a little shiny but that's to be expected with having 15SPF, it's not too bad needing a powder do-over once again during the day. It does leave little lines under the eyes which can be blended out with fingers easily.

This foundation doesn't look cakey and looks good in photos. The price is a bit much for me only having a casual job and completing studies but is manageable, just annoying. It runs out rather unexpectedly and leaves you needing to buy another within like 2 days of it spluttering out of the bottle. The packaging is a bit slippy and the pump swivels around unexpectedly. BUT this is the closest matching foundation for my skin that I've found so far, I get 100 Ivory.

So, all in all, I do like this foundation and will continue re-purchasing until some new amazing foundation is raved about around the community.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by maariyaloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin with some dry patches.This foundation clung to places that I had dryness and made my skin appear to be flaky. It gave light-medium coverage. It made my skin look very oily and greasy. It has a fruity smell and has a creamy consistency and is easy to blend. I wouldn't recommend this to people with oily skin or dry patches but if you have normal to dry skin then this is perfect for you. If you have dry skin then i advise you to use a moisturiser beforehand as this foundation is not moisturising at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Isane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found a sample of this foundation in a magazine. I gave it a go, not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised! The sample shade soft beige was a perfect match. I got 2 uses out of the sample then went to buy a bottle. At under $10, this foundation is a great buy. The glass bottle with pump dispenses the product nicely. I have slightly dry skin (especially in the winter months) and this foundation goes on smoothly without any patches. It gives a nice glow and provides just enough coverage to even up my skin of redness. I set it with a powder and it lasts all day!

If you have normal or slightly dry skin I think this would work great for you. Oily skin types might find this too dewy as it does have some shine to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried numerous foundations in my time, including many expensive brands, and I have found this to be one of the best I have tried! Having dry skin, I look for a foundation that feels moisturising and looks natural. This foundation is easy to apply and leaves me with a youthful dewy finish that lasts all day, and the price is also a plus point. Wonderful stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by shannonroach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this foundation in November last year and I don't think I have ever stopped buying it since! It has a great texture and gives you a medium coverage, but is easily buildable. It has a nice shimmer to it that isn't too obvious but quite subtle. The packaging makes it look more expensive as it's glass and the orange lid and pump makes it stand out. I love all foundations with pumps as you don't waste too much of the product when you squeeze it out.
I usually put this on after moisturising and I set it with translucent powder. Looks really good in photos as you don't look too white or too dark
This is my #1 foundation and I can never get enough of it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by summerglow123

Quite okay foundation in this price range. Have this in #103 True Ivory, slightly warm, yellowish tone, works for me and evens out the redness of my skin.

As many have commented, this foundation is a bit "glittery". Would probaby not use it alone, since i have oily acne-prone skin...

I have blended it 50/50 with another, matte foundation, and the finish is nice, a bit glowy but not too much for my oily skin. A nice, summer/spring foundation, that is maybe not my everyday to-go foundation, but like a summer fling - something new to mix in the everyday life ;)

Practical packaging, i like the pump. Smells really good!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Claraa2000

I absolutely adore this foundation! It gives me a lovely dewy finish and just makes me look so awake, it was medium coverage and I found that after using it my skin got so much better, no break outs! It does have shimmer in it so it's probably better for autumn/winter time due to making you look bright and awake! It was £9.99 which is quite pricey for Rimmel but you will be willing to pay the price because it is absolutely amazing! I always find it difficult to find a good colour match for me because I am so pale so I picked up the light porcelain which, strangely enough was far too pale :o when buying the next bottle I'm going to buy a shade up:) I would definitely recommend this and I hope you enjoy using it:) xo

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by MacPeetster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I have normal to combination skin and it works great with my skin type. I've both classic and soft beige for winter time and sand for summer time. As to sparkles, it does have sparkles.. When I'm in the car and the sun hits my face, I can see them clearly when I look in the mirror. It's like there's highlighter all over my face. But it's only that obvious under these specific circumstances: direct sunlight and close range. Under normal circumstances it's not visible, only a beautiful sheen on the high points of your face. It's one of my go to foundations and it says a lot, since I have over 30 different ones.. Would recommend for dry, normal and combo skin. Not sure about oily skintypes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by jomb87

Despite what others may say I absolutely love this foundation! I do chop and change a bit and usually alternate between Clinique and a drugstore brand (depending on my budget). This one matches my skin tone well and applies easily (sometimes I use my brush, if I'm lazy I just use my fingers). Spreads nicely in a thin layer and has a bit of a dewy look to it (if you don't like that, a bit of pressed powder overtop takes care of it easily). Make up doesn't always last very well on me because I rub my face a lot without thinking about it but I've been using this for about 3 months now and I've never had it wear off. I will touch it up a bit if I'm going out in the evening but that's honestly just a dab here and there and I do that with any make-up. I also use a primer underneath and find that helps it last a lot longer (and makes my skin look smoother and younger... but that's a different review altogether!). Best part is it has the tiniest bit of a shimmer to it that you ONLY see when the sun hits it. I can see how this may not be for everyone but I LOVE it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by shay1995

Worst foundation I have ever used! It doesn't last at all, goes all patchy and makes your skin look super oily it is also very glittery! I would not recommend this product.