October 22, 2014 | 1010 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter - Tutti Frutti

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

While I think that the colour of this lipbutter is gorgeous, it did not work on my lips. I am a fan of the Revlon Lip butters because they are very moisturizing, last a fair amount of time and aren't too strong for those days when you're not feeling that adventurous. The colour is a really stunning neon orange but from the swatches I had seen on the internet it just looked like a light wash of that colour, but not on my lips. My lips are a very bright pink colour naturally and when I applied this colour over it, my lips were like the bright orange it looks like in the tube which was way stronger than I was anticipating. I also have strong cool undertones in my skin which seemed to clash with this particular shade. I do think this lip butter is pretty and really looks amazing on some people but just not on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by justacupoftea

This is my third lip butter and definitely my favourite one so far. On me it looks like a pretty orangey coral, kind of similar to mac Vegas volt but not so bright. The formula is creamy and moisturising. As with most lip balm/lipstick hybrids they do not stick around for hours on end and need topping up every hour or two but it is easy enough to do without a mirror at hand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

My girlfriend was wearing this, I tried it on, and she convinced me to buy it. This is a mellow shade of orange. It's looks like a mid-orange with slight coral hues on my NC45 complexion. It's not a show stopper color, but I like it because I get the color orange and a subtle look at the same time. It's mid-sheer, yet has enough pigment that it can't be mistaken that I have some type of ice pop stain on my lips. For more intensity, I line my lips with LA Girl in Coral that works! I could also see using Geo Pink gloss over it for more intensity. I prefer L'Oreal's lip butters because they're softer and don't feel as balm like, but this isn't bad. I"m just glad I found a shade in the orange family (beginner's orange) that I like. I think it should be a bit cheaper, but oh well!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by rolltide17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the color of Tutti Frutti. It's very flattering to any skin tone (and I say this because I have cool skin that usually looks awful in oranges, yet magically this shade WORKS on me, regardless of opacity). After initial application, it feels very smooth and buttery. However, after about 10 minutes or so, my lips started getting this tingling sensation! I know that peppermint (which is really bad for lips) does that, so I scanned the list of ingredients for peppermint. Did not find it, but I did find that it contains various kinds of alcohol (-ol suffix) which are extremely drying to lips/skin!!

I still want to keep trying lip butters because the shades are so flattering, but after that realization, I am definitely going to be putting a protective layer between this stuff and my lips. (Burt's Bees wasn't sufficient for me..will be trying plain petroleum jelly next)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by jlee92

I LOVE THIS. Such an easy orange to wear. Because of the medium opacity that the lip butter have, they allow some of your natural lip colour to come through. Tutti Frutti might look like a downright crazy neon orange in the tube, but on the lips (considering my pink-red natural lips) it gives me a nice and fun orange-coral colour without looking garish or looking like a clown. Great for lazy weekends when you just wanna wear little eye makeup and bring some attention to your lips! amazing colour! definitely one of my favourite shades in the lip butter line (which is my fav line of lipsticks btw). Adds a little moisture to your lips and wears comfortably. Wear for abt 3 hours and sometimes leaves a cute coral stain on the lips. I highly recommend this for those who may be a little hesitant about bringing out the full on bold lips! :) You'll love this

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by cobblest

Beautiful color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butters are probably the most popular lipstick release of the last few years. Everyone has one, or has at least read numerous reviews. I've previously reviewed Cherry Tart and Candy Apple, this review is for Tutti Frutti, the long coral/orange shade out of the twenty color range. Revlon claims that these sheer, moisturizing lipsticks contain beneficial ingredients like coconut, mango, and shea butters. Revlon says that the "gel formula provides supercharged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth." The Lip Butter formula is supposedly so moisturizing that 94% of women say "softer, smoother, instantly hydrated lips." I bought my Tutti Frutti Lip Butter at Ulta for around $6. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters contain 2.5g (.09 oz) of product. This lipstick was made in the USA. Revlon does not test on animals.
I'll try to contain myself and not absolutely gush about how much I like the packaging for these lipsticks. Each Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter comes in a silver twist up tube with the Revlon logo printed on the black base. The translucent plastic caps are color coordinated to each shade. Two sides of the cap have a quilted, textured design embossed into them, the other two sides are smooth. The shade name and number can be found on a label on the bottom of the tube. I really like the Lip Butter packaging, its cute, colorful, and the quilted design is a nice detail.
Revlon's Tutti Frutti Lip Butter has a slightly sticky texture to it and a thicker feel on the lips than the other two Lip Butters I have. Tutti Frutti goes on a little uneven, no matter what condition my lips are in, there's always a patch or two that this lipstick sticks to manages to find and cling to. Unlike the previous two Lip Butters which I found extremely drying, Tutti Frutti is quite comfortable to wear, and dare I say it, moisturizing! Tutti Frutti wears for about two hours, which is decent for a sheer, hydrating lip color. The entire Colorburst Lip Butter line is void of scents and flavors, which is a good thing, but at the same time its a little bit of a let down. I mean, can you imagine how good they would be if the flavor matched the names?
Most my readers will know that I'm mad for orange lipsticks, they're my absolute favorite. Tutti Fruitti is pretty much a straight up orange in the tube, but pulls more of a pinky coral on my lips. I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't show up super orange, but the resulting color is still really pretty. Tutti Frutti is sheer, but can be built up to nearly opaque with a second coat. I really like the finish of this Lip Butter, its the perfect balance between a satin and glossy finish. I thought that Tutti Frutti would be very similar to Maybelline's Color Whisper in Orange Attitude, but comparatively Tutti Fruitti is more orange and more pigmented.
Surprisingly, I really like Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti. Packaging and pricing are both spot on. The feel of this lipstick is a little thick, and it doesn't apply perfectly, but it isn't anything that a gloss can't fix. I really like the buildable nature of this lipstick. The color is a lovely orange, but its kinda corrupted by my naturally pink, pigmented lips. Out of the three Lip Butters I've tried, Tutti Frutti is before the best, it didn't even wreck my lips at all! If you're going to buy another Revlon Lip Butter, I suggest choosing Tutti Frutti!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by chocolateorange221

Beautiful colour, my first drugstore lipstick and I was quite impressed with the lipstick. The only complaint that I have is the packaging. The lipstick itself span to the edges of the tube, so if you slide it up and down, there will be some friction which means the lipstick is rubbing off at the sides. Also if you slide it to the top and then to the bottom, the lipstick doesn't go all the way down because of this extra friction created between the tube and the lipstick. This means that I'll have to push the lipstick down with my finger, which isn't very pleasant.

I wanted a really nice glossy orange lipstick, but I'll probably go for Mac's korean candy next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

Really love this color for spring and summer. It's not as scary as it looks in the tube - the orange color sheers out on the lips and makes a really beautiful coral color. I don't think its as moisturizing as other people have said but I think its a great no hassle lip color. It lasts a good amount of time if you don't eat or drink but if you do then you have to reapply. I just keep it in my purse so its no problem. Definitely would repurchase this color its so gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

THESE ARE GREAT! I usually only buy high end makeup as my skin is super sensitive and I hate spending money on crummy products...I like the best that my money can buy. These are great for the low price, and I find that they are actually better than the Mac tinted lip conditioners. I love this colour, it's actually quite bright and the balm makes it so moisturizing. It'd look amazing with a peach blush! They also seem to have great staying power! I bought two of these, in Sweet Tart and Tutti Fruitti, both are amazing for summer, I can't wait to wear these more!