Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica

on 1/14/2015 4:13:00 AM

My go to highlighter, I love using this under my eyes. It's light, and I like the applicator. The color is great for hiding blue under eyes.

on 1/13/2015 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've bought this on an impulse without doing any research and it's a good thing I did. I absolutely love this, though I believe it's been marketed badly. This is not an illuminating concealer, it's just a really great concealer. It covers my dark circles beautifully (and I have quite strong and genetic dark circles). Its staying power is insane, basically you have to take it off yourself, otherwise it stays put. If you want an illuminator, don't get this, but if you want a great concealer, do it! This is the best concealer I've tried, and I have tried a lot of them. The only cons when it comes to this is the crappy little brush, that is too long, but does a decent job and the fact that if you use too much it does gather in your line lines (but it does't highlight them). I love this concealer and I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

on 1/3/2015 2:43:00 PM

This is a great highlighter! I've used everyday since I got it. I really like the gel forumla and that it does not feel cakey to put on other areas of my face besides undereye area. I hestitated buying it since it was not easy to guess which shade would be right. I went online and found some swatches which helped me pick the right one the first time. I don't use MAC foundations so can't give comparison shade, but can offer what worked for me. I usually take the 2nd lightest shade in most foundations for my fair-med warm skin tone, so I picked Nude which I believe is the second lightest shade. I am now using this as a concealer as well, however I don't have dark circles. I would say it covers similar to the Fit Me concealer which is a pretty light coverage.

on 12/29/2014 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Does NOTHING for me... so sad.

on 11/6/2014 11:21:00 PM

This is a good product for highlighting and illuminating but as far as concealing,not so much. I would suggest using this as a supplementary product to your beauty routine when you want to give your eye and cheeks a brightening effect. Blends well with a luminous finish.

on 11/4/2014 12:35:00 PM

Oh lord jesus, I cannot live without this product. I think I've gone through 10 of them. I love it. But I don't love that it only lasts me about a month. Today I gave up and just bought 3 at once so I don't always have to go back after running out AGAIN. But anyways; this is just the best under-eye concealer/highlighter thingy I've found to date. Granted, I haven't tried THAT many, but the ones I have tried are too pink or too dry or too this or too that... This is the one. I use it every day. I can't do without it. On days where I don't want to put in too much effort, I just chuck this on under my eyes, bit of mascara and voila. It does crease a liiiiiittle bit in that tiny little crease right by your tearduct that crinkles when you smile, but nothing a bit of pressed powder can't solve.

on 10/18/2014 6:58:00 AM

I picked this up in buff (I think. I throw away the package.) I use this over my under eye concealer, as others have said. It does brighten under the eye, but the formula is somewhat thick and I find it dry. So it does have a nasty tendency to dry up your under eye. Which I don't like because it really makes the area look crepe-y (and yes, I DO use eye creams and a primer but it doesn't help the drying effect). I haven't tried it as a highlighter yet, but that's my plan for this product since I don't like the end result under my eyes. I didn't notice it to be illuminating under the eye so I don't know how much this will actually highlight. It's also quite expensive, around $8 for .05 oz so not using the rest of it is just a waste of money. I gave this 3 lippies because it does brighten and somewhat conceal but it's not so attractive under the eyes. BUT I'm sure this can be good for something else

on 10/6/2014 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Before I begin with my review, just want to say that I use this for what I believe is its intended purpose - as a undereye highlighter.... and not as an undereye concealer.

I know the popular idea is to camouflage your dark circles by choosing a concealer which is shade or two lighter than your foundation to brighten your undereyes.
But consider this - Your undereye area is actually much more darker than your skin on the rest of your face, so the concealer you choose will in effect be several shades lighter than your under eye color. This would probably cause your under eyes to look pasty and would draw more attention to it (and not in a good way) rather than covering it up.

I therefore use the same or preferably a slightly darker shade in concealer (I use NC45 in MAC Mineralise concealer .....I am a NC43 in foundation) to cover up my bags and dark circles.

Once this is done, I use this illuminator in dots under the eyes and tap lightly and blend and smooth it in. This almost instantly brightens the eyes and the result is lovely bright fresh looking face that stays put for most of the day. That's the reason why this illuminator is not available in darker shades, as its an illuminator and not meant to be available in darker shades. If it was meant to conceal, I'm sure Maybelline would have considered releasing many more shades to match various skin shades and tones.

I have given the packaging a 3, as the clicky turning thing is a pain to use. Ideally you need to turn the clicky wheel, wait 5 seconds to see if the prdouct surfaces or not - if not turn some more and wait another 5 seconds. This happens because the product takes time to reach the brush. However when your in a hurry, you can imagine how irritating this can get and several times, I have lost my patience and turned more clicks together, only to find a lot of product oozing out and I need to wipe off the brush and waste a considerable amount. Considering you get a measly .05 flz oz only, you can imagine the frustration.

Although I have said I will buy it again, I know there are many other illuminator pens in the market now, and If i get more quantity and a better quality product at a better package, I may not buy this again. But in all fairness, as a product, it does a more than decent job for what its meant to do - highlight and illuminate.

on 10/3/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really impressed with this for the price. Highlights perfectly on my extremely fair skin - I bought the fairest shade - when i ran out of bare minerals. People have noted they have had issues with the packaging, but I find 1 turn dispenses enough product? lasted all day, covered nicely and highlights beautifully. Tempted to buy a darker shad and have a go at some contouring with it.

on 10/1/2014 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've owned this for a long time. I've finally given up on it, I just can't get this to work for me. It is very dry looking and doesn't blend well with other products. Everyone seems to like it so maybe it is just my tube.

Anyway, not rebuying.