August 1, 2014 | 1047 users online

Lips - Maybelline - Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by keg6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the best drugstore lipstains that I've tried.

The product lasts a long time (meaning, the actual tube- I've had it for about 10 months.) The stain lasts about 4 hours.

I have it in Mauve Dream and it's a nice natural medium pink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

I own about 3 different shades now. It lasts forever, and doesn't transfer when I eat/drink. The only tricky thing with this type of lip stain is that sometimes when the gloss wear off and the stain start to wear off, it can set in the cracks of your lips, making the lines on your lips visible and unappealing. But that doesn't happen until hours after application. I usually put vasoline or lip balm on my lips and blot them off after a few minutes before applying lip stain. It helps a lot in preventing those lines from forming.
This is a great product, especially if you don't like to constantly touch up your lips. I like to apply and get on with my day. This lip stain allows me to do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by msjohns888

I am in love with the brown color. I've been looking for a sheer lip stain that matches my natural lip color without a tacky gloss color on top. As it wears down it just looks natural, but it does wear down quickly when eating and drinking. I apply it thinly and sometimes with a nude gloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by MacNW45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you go for promises and try to get what the ads say you'll get...then don't buy this, the 10 hours thing is a lie. I'd say 4 hours top, without living (no drinks, no eating, minimum talking). The swatches on my hand did last forever though!
But hey, 4 hours is still a lot for a gloss, and they do make awesome colors like the one I have FOREVER FUSCHIA which is huh, adorable! It looks really fresh and cute for summer, I actually even wore it during winter to warm up my outfit a little. Oh and it doesn't transfer at all once dry.

-Make sure to check your lips every once in a while as it always lives a horrible stain only on the lip line which looks horrible,
-and also the "gloss" part tends to completely dry out after a couple of minutes.
-Make sure you do not put it all the way into the "inner line" of the lips as this part will get a lot darker than the rest of the lips and it doesn't really look good/thins out your lips, visually.
-Try the color on your hand before you buy it cause the cap color is really different from the actual color of the product.
-Can be a bit drying.
-Oh and save yourself a buck or two by NOT buying the brown shade, Forever Brown I think, it's the worst shade of brown I've ever put on my lips.

Would buy Forever Fuschia again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sonia4szehwa

Not the best product in the world, but it sure does its job as a lip stain. I got the Red Passion, and it doesn't go on evenly, easily smudged (by me ><) and well it's not that good of a product to cut things short.

However if you're looking for a night out without constantly having to reapply colour on your lips, this is the thing! It stains your lips, no moisturising properties whatsoever

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Does it last 10 hours? Of course not. But if you don't eat or drink, it will stain your lips for a few hours. There is nothing glossy about this product; it fact it is on the dry side but I prefer that and think that aids in its staying power. I have the Luxurious Lilac shade and think it compliments by dark skin tone perfectly. It goes on like a deep plum color ( a lot darker than it looks in the tube) I plan to stock up on these just in case this is discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i'm actually super impressed with this product! Unlike other "24 hour" or "longwear" lipsticks/stains, this isn't dry or flakey. It's super moisturizing and glossy, yet very pigmented. I purchased the color "Lustrious Lilac" as I've been on a purple lip frenzy lately , and I couldn't be happier with my choice! I love that I can use this alone or over lipstick. Today I paired it with Maybelline's Vivid Lipstick in "Brazen Berry" and it's absolutely gorgeous. It really lasts a long time, too! Definitely purchasing more of these.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Don't waste your money on these! I bought the shade fresh fuschia, as I love bold lippies! The color applies patchy and uneven and the formula feels weird to say the least. It starts out as a thin lip gloss with lots of shine, but within 30 seconds it dries to a stain which was very drying compared to others in this price range. Didn't last long at all- maybe an hour before it feathered away. I promptly returned this (bear in mind I RARELY return cosmetics) and urge others to stay away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I am so impressed with these and I don't even like lip glosses!
I've got 3 of these, a pink, a red and a fucsia, and they are all lovely.
These really do last! I have tried and tested them through drinks and dinner, and after all that the colour was still there, not as bright as when you first apply it of course, but like it says, a stain. The stain is even though, unlike lots of other stains that get really patchy or form a ring round your lips.
When you first apply it, the colours are bright and glossy. On me, even if I have a drink (not if I eat though), the gloss stays on for quite a while and feels a bit tacky/ waxy but not like a regular gloss, I'd say similar to using Carmex. I'm surprised at reviewers saying this isn't glossy, on me it really is.
When it finally does wear off and the stain remains, I found it's best to apply a little bit of lip balm every once in a while, otherwise the stain can be a bit drying (my lips are quite dry though). This also makes sure the colour stays on for even longer.
I like that you can build these up, putting on one sheerer layer or going over your lips twice for full colour payoff. Makes them versatile - office to after work drinks? No problem!
I'm not a huge fan of the little spongy applicator, because application is not very quick as in, you can't just slap it on and go because it would be a mess. But with a little patience - I'm talking a minute maximum! - you can apply it very precisely and get sharp lines on your lipline.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by klhelder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Super Stay in "Berry Heavenly" was a desperation purchase when visiting a low-key friend who suddenly wanted to get her swerve on (yay!). It looks great on, but it is matte once it dries (which it has to in order to "colorstay.") It also allows you to adjust your color with more layers of application, which is always nice with a stain. I really like the application brush as well, it helps keep the color even. Application suggestions:
- Don't try to stain if your lips are dry or chapped, as the color will get caught in the cracks and look gnarly.
- You will need chapstick or a gloss over it to protect the color and keep your lips moisturized.