Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Isobutane, Propane, SD Alcohol 40 B, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Butane, Fragrance, Isopropyl Myristate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrolyzed Keratin

on 2/26/2014 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I've only tried two other dry shampoos and this one falls in the middle of the three in terms of results and it's the cheapest. I don't mind the smell, and didn't give me dandruff or a dry scalp. It left my hair feeling very soft which is a plus because I have dry over-processed hair, but it did not give me the volume that I've come to expect from the other dry shampoos. I'm guessing you have to choose between those two with dry shampoos. I may buy again, but will probably try Batiste or PSSSSST first.

PROS
Cheap ($2.99)
Readily available (I got mine at Target)
Doesn't suck

Cons
Not as good as Paul Mitchell Express Dry Wash but that stuff is like $17 and you can only get it at a salon.

It's MUCH better than Tresseme Fresh Start Dry which left my hair feeling dirtier than before I used it. I tried it many times and it just doesn't work.

I also tried Tresseme's Waterless foam shampoo (which is meant for between-washes but is not dry) before I read the bottle. It's specifically for dry/curly hair, and my hair is straight and oily at the roots. Of course that didn't work for me.

I also tried Serge Normant's Dry Conditioner, which is not the same as a leave-in conditioner. It left my dry ends soft and manageable between washings.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Finally, a dry shampoo that I like. I have dyed red hair so I try to avoid washing my hair too much. This gives my hair so much volume and it dries up greasy roots. It doesn't leave a bad white cast. The smell is a bit strong but at least it is tolerable. It isn't a headache inducing floral scent. Not bad, it does the job.

on 2/14/2014 1:41:00 PM

Meh it was an ok product. I have long wavy dark hair and this product was ok for the price. my hair felt weird and stiff after using it. The smell was also overpowering.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I received this from a package with the shampoo, conditioner and the leave-in conditioner for my birthday last year. this is pretty good.this does not leave any powder that I know of, (My natural color is very light brown) this really refresh my hair in between washes, the smell is nice and refreshing. I would get again.

on 1/17/2014 8:15:00 PM

This was only $2.88 at Wal Mart. For its low price, this is pretty good. It neutralizes oil and adds volume and a little bit of shine. I didn't notice any white powder residue with this. The spray comes out nice and strong. It does have a strong scent which tends to linger throughout the day, so if that's not your thing then this may not work for you. IMO the Tressemme dry shampoo smells better, but this one works better.

on 1/6/2014 7:38:00 PM

I'd buy this again because of the price (~$2-3) at your local retailer. It's a decent dry shampoo with a musky floral scent. It does the job and lasts a while. It doesn't weigh down hair but there are better dry shampoos on the market. If you're on a budget or need something quick. I'd recommend this over the other Suave dry shampoo. It smells better IMO.

on 1/4/2014 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Granted I have never used any other dry shampoo except for plain cornstarch but this stuff is great. I paid $1.30 for it with a coupon and the regular price is $2.88 at Walmart. I did not notice any flakiness or dryness. It did not turn white or smell particularly bad. Just reminded me of hairspray.

It refreshed my hair quickly and gave me volume. It gave my hair that washed look again and I don't have any complaints about it. FYI I have very very dark hair and thick hair.

***EDIT Update, this leaves flakes on my scalp and now have switched to Batiste.

on 11/24/2013 1:33:00 PM

This dry shampoo isn't terrible, I don't even mind the smell that a lot of people are complaining about. The reason I'm only giving it 2 stars is because when i use it, my scalp gets itchy and it gives me instant dandruff. I think it is just too drying for my skin, other people might not have this same issue. Also, the chalkiness it leaves in my hair is a little hard to get rid of sometimes and it takes a lot of rubbing to get rid of it.

on 11/6/2013 2:25:00 AM

***EDITED***
I previously wrote a good review but after using this product for several weeks, must STRONGLY ADVISE ALL that this product caused hair loss for me at a rapid rate.
I used this product according to instructions @ 3x/week, washing my hair every other day, & noticed thinning that within 4 weeks, was literally causing my hairline to recede & thinning over my entire head- I have a head of thick hair & this product had cut the thickness of my hair by ATLEAST 40%. I don't know WHAT is in this product that caused this effect, but I read ingredients like propane that seem to be toxic. I am absolutely positive it was this product, as I noticed thinning after using it & changing nothing else in my routine, & after stopping usage, my hair is growing back.
PLEASE BE WARNED.

on 10/27/2013 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product a few days ago after just getting off work and needing a dry shampoo ASAP for a Halloween party since I had no time to Wash my hair before the party. After using it a few times I have to say it's a decent dry shampoo. It does the job in terms of freshening up hair and getting rid of oiliness HOWEVER the smell is pretty strong and it definitely lingers. I used it earlier around 11am and now with it being 4:30 I can still smell it. Won't be repurchasing because of that. No one wants to smell like strong old lady perfume all day. Yuck