December 22, 2014 | 1743 users online

Lips - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When celebrities post selfies of them "makeup free", I am convinced they have a department store dupe of this shade on their lips. This is 5 stars for a lippie to wear to the beach or pool, and it would look gorgeous with a tan. Wearing this by itself in the dead of winter is not a great idea. For this time of year, it is a great topcoat for a lipcolor that is matte or needs a little lightening to it to make it wearable. I bought this on sale and would do so again, but would not pay full price as there are probably even cheaper alternatives to this shimmery peach.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not one to respond "yes" to whether I would repurchase any of my lip products again. I usually swipe on my lip products once and neglect to reapply throughout the day. That is if I actually bother to apply any sort of lip product - I generally dislike having my lips coated in anything - even clear lip balm! Nevertheless, the Revlon Lip Butters seemed to be receiving tremendous praise from beauty bloggers and MUA-ers, so I've been stocking up on them during drugstore sales with the hope that one day I'll just really be into lip products.

Well that hasn't happened, but my lofty expectations did facilitate the discovery of the Peach Parfait Lip Butter. It's a lovely medium slightly peachy pink with a fair amount of fine shimmer. It's rather sheer, but can be layered into a bolder hue, almost resembling the color of the lip product itself. Sure it doesn't have the longest staying power and your lips will be coated with speckling of micro-glitter after it's worn off (I usually avoid glittery lip products, but picked this up without researching first), but I kind of love this color. The warmness of the shade complements my very warm Asian complexion and nicely balances my eye make-up, which usually tends to be smokey. The slippery formula and sparkly factor almost gives off the appearance of a lip gloss. I do have pigmented lips, so Peach Parfait is fantastic for enhancing the vibrancy of my lips and hey, no lip liner is required.

I recently tried L'oreal's Le Balm and I would have to say Peach Parfait is notably more pigmented and has better staying power. I've enjoyed Peach Parfait so much, I haven't felt compelled to open any of the other Lip Butters I've purchased - actually giving them away to friends . . . then again I'm a compulsive drugstore make-up buyer. If you happen to have Pango Peach Super Lustrous Lip Gloss - Peach Parfait pairs very nicely with it.

Anyway, the fact that I've used up half of this tube is pretty darn impressive. This has been my favorite lip product for several months now. All my other barely used lip products would certainly back this claim up.

EDITED TO ADD: I still love this Lip Butter, but I should mention that it pairs terribly with yellowed teeth, as you would have guessed. I haven't been bleaching my teeth as of lately and I've been drinking copious amounts of coffee and red wine. I've retired this Peach Parfait until I've mustered up the motivation to bleach my teeth again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw another redhead use this in her blog so I figured I'd give it a shot. I really like this subtle shade for when I play up my eyes. (I'm not into nudes they look terrible on me) I used to be a matte ls kinda girl but it ages me badly these days, these do not.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

So many reviews on this, but just wanted to share...despite the chunky glitter, this is one of my favorite Revlon Lip Butters. The color is absolutely gorgeous and when I layer it on top of a tinted natural colored lip balm like Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Honeysuckle or NYC's Appleicious Lip Balm in Caramel Apple I don't "feel" the glitter quite so much. Also, with MAC's Cremesheen Lip Glass in Boy Bait on top you get the most glamorous peachy nude lip EVER!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I enjoy the color of this product quite a bit. However, there is far more glitter than necessary. I can feel it on my lips, and that's just not cute. I'm not into shimmery lip products anyway, so huge chunky glitter is not really my thing. It's unfortunate because I do like the color, like I said. I still wear this product, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Jerena

Girls for this particular lipstick use a lip brush and you will see totally different result. When i first bought it i wasn't impressed at all plus it has lots of glitter.. I stopped using it untill one day applied with lip brush and it changed my opinion about this lipstick. Now on my lips color looks very natural peachy-pink with just a little bit of shimmer. I just love this shade, once again dont use it from the bullet but with the lip brush.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by xclairelouisex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I purchased 4 lip butters in this seasons lip butter Christmas gift set for $45NZ which is pretty great since these are $22 individually in New Zealand! I'd heard great things about these lip butters so I thought why not buy the pack! It came with the shades "peach parfait" "lollipop" "candy apple" & "berry smoothie"

Peach Parfait is the ONLY colour/lip butter that I have a problem with. It is FULL of chunky pieces of glitter. Two of the other shades are also glittery but it's very very fine glitter that you can't feel when you apply it to your lips. My issue with the glitter in peach parfait is the fact that it makes your lips feel so rough every time you press them together. I want smooth silky lips. Not impressed! The colour is lovely though so if you don't mind glitter or roughness on your lips then you may find yourself loving it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is such a pretty nude peach shade that make your lips look extra full. I have to say this isn't as moisturizing than the other lip butters because of the glitter.

I have to say that because it's such a nice color, warm but not too warm and great as a bronze beachy look I can deal with the glitter. If I don't find anything better I will definitely repurchase. I'm a big fan of glitter, but I have to say the problem with this lipstick is that the glitters stay after the rest of the color is gone and that's quite annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by rockkchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

MY MOST REACHED FOR LIP PRODUCT.
it's the perfect MLBB shade for my nc25 skin.
the only downside is that it is not really moisturizing, and i also hate the packaging.it's too messy. as some of the product is always stuck on the tip and it's hard to clean them out.
i also find it very soft and buttery, too soft sometimes, however with gentle use, this shouldn't be a problem.
overall, great shade, and will repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Whit87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this shade! On my lips it translates as a sheer but buildable warm light pink with a golden shine that really compliments my NW20-25 leaning neutral skin tone. That being said, I'm not a fan of the formula. The glitter is very chunky so the application has a gritty feel compared to my other lip butter Pink Truffle. Beyond the grittyness there is a smoothness to the formula (if that makes any sense lol) but I don't think it's very moisturizing at all. In fact I find it to be a tad bit drying at times. I can get about a half hour to an hour of wear with normal activities until I need to reapply but once it starts to fade it tends to leave behind some of that gold glitter around my lips that's really hard to get off. I deal with it since the shade is so flattering on me but once my tube is gone (which will be soon since there isn't a lot of product in there) I will not repurchase unless I'm unable to find a better dupe. Also the formula is very soft so if you live in a warm climate you have to be careful as it can get quite melted and messy in the tube. The packaging is nice and not too cheap looking. I like how the cap coordinates to the lip butter shade and snaps when you close it so you know it's secure.