Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was definitely not a good one for me,yes it was silky when I applied it but after I put everything else on it was all flaky,which I did not like,causing me to rub all of my make up off and re apply it with a different primer,My sister had the exact same reaction to this.Not a product that I will ever go back to.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this primer since most of the reviews i saw talked about how good this primer was at controlling oil and redness, and since oiliness and redness are the main things that i struggle with, i decided to give this a try. Well one thing's for sure, it does make my skin feel smooth, and it does somewhat controll oil, but after an hour, i checked in the mirror, and there were so many little pieces of the primer completely covering my eyebrows, then i noticed there were SO many little pieces of it all over my face! Cheeks, nose, forehead, it was almost like baby powder. This primer also left a white cast on my face, which im not too fond of. Overall, i wont be using this primer again any time soon.

LETS GET TO THE POINT:
• this primer really does even out imperfections
•the bottle says u can wear by itself and weirdly enough i agree
• not the "OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST " primer for foundation but it does the job
•honestly this primer is more of a "correct my face lotion" ??
•the most highest prive i have seen was like 12 bucks but i always get it on sale
• overall good pruduct

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This was a random primer I found sitting in my bathroom . I started using it and it works really nice . My foundation always looks smooth after applying this primer . Looks so flawless . It's a great primer! If you want something nice and smooth .

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This primer smooths out my uneven skin tone, blurs blemishes a tiny bit, and gives your face an allover matte glow. Rather than wearing foundation, I'll just wear this primer all of my face and dot on concealer in problem areas.

the primer does a surprising amount of oil control for my combination skin which is awesome, but it doesn't cover flakes very well so I'd recommend a good moisturizer to smooth out any dry skin beforehand.

it does tint your skin whiter when you apply it but this wears off after an hour.

this is definitely my HG face makeup product, and I've stopped wearing foundation/tinted moisturizer :3

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

It did nothing to me. Meh. Such a $15 waste.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Unfortunately this stuff did nothing for me! It feels nice when I'm applying it, but, upon closer inspection I noticed that there were white bits peeling off on certain parts of my face. Also, it made my foundation patchy and flake like crazy. The packaging is decent and I like how it comes with a pump so there isn't too much product spilling out. However, it didn't seem to minimize my pores and just made my make-up look cakey and awful, personally I think this is a waste of £11.99.

I bought this with the photoready foundation, which I really like.
I hate this primer for several reasons:
1. Smell. It has a very odd smell and I had to avoid smelling it, which is hard when something is being applied to your face.
2. texture. It was very light but felt kind of rough while going on my face. I do use my fingers to apply primer, but that's never caused a rough feeling before.
3. It didn't hold makeup at all! Not even a little!! By noon my makeup was gone. It was bad.
4. When I got in my car at the end of the day I looked ashy and gray. It was embarrassing.
I would never buy this product again. I returned it immediately.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the absolute best primer for my oily skin I've tried. I start with a thin layer of Phillips Milk of Magnesia - let it dry. Then I use L'Oreal Studio Perfecting primer under my eyes and on my eye lids (I just find that stuff in the jar to work better around my eyes which are very oily too). Then I apply the Revlon Perfecting primer to the rest of my face.

I then apply Mattify Ultra Powder, then BE Matte foundation and finally BE Mineral Veil and I barely have any shine by the time I wash my face before bed. I get incredible staying power with this regimen and it works for me. I apply the Mattify and Mineral Veil powders with a BeautyBlender by dabbing it or pressing onto my face and then a fluffy brush to smooth out any excess. Pressing the powder seems to do a better job of helping everything stay put (and it also help to minimize pores - got this tip from gossmakeupartist on You Tube -

For me it is not just one product it seems - but a combination of the right ones that does the trick.

Hope this helps someone out there. I hope they never discontinue this Revlon Primer as I've finally found my HG routine that actually works for my oily skin.

I kept brushing off people and articles that mentioned needing a primer as i didn't want to overwhelm my face with even more product than i was already putting on it, but my foundation started to become blotchy on my skin after just a couple hours.

I bought this from the reviews and LOVED it. It is expensive for the drugstore but it does deliver high brand quality. It smooths my face and makes it matted for a smooth canvas. It keeps my foundation and blush in place all day…i don't have to worry about makeup touch ups anymore.
I actually received a lot of compliments on "how i was doing my makeup" and how "flawless" my makeup looked when i started using this.

I like the packaging and that it comes with a pump- makes it efficient and sanitary.

I would go back to this again and again, even though its the only primer I've ever tried!

Popular Primer/ Correctors