Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

on 1/12/2015 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Past bad experiences with past silicone/dimethicone primers: often too thick, gave little oil control or did not prep the skin properly for foundation. Revlon came up with this more fluid, easier-to-apply version and I am loving it.
It makes my foundation look more polished and satiny and allows for smoother foundation application. Definitely I notice a difference when I use it and don't coz there is less oil produced and my makeup looks fresher/smoother after hours of work. The only silicone primer that has worked for me so far - thank you Revlon
The only con is that the nozzle always gets clogged when the primer dries at the tip, and this happens even with the lid on - obviously not seal-tight lid. Too many times have I pumped too hard and squirted out a whole clump of primer, but this is a small annoyance and I still enjoy the product very much

on 1/11/2015 6:06:00 PM

I've gone through three bottles of this now. It's a great product! Note: this is the first and only primer I've ever used in my life so I may be a bit biased BUT why try something new when there's absolutely nothing bad about this product? It leaves my skin feeling so silky-smooth and of course, the pump feature is awesome!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Pros :

No bad smell
No feeling of tackiness on skin
Lightweight
Smooth application
Controls oil and blurs skin

Cons :

You have to wait a few minutes for the primer to set into the skin
The price is a bit steep
The packaging is a bit bulky so it doesn't fit into the average muji drawers
The pump can occasionally clog
cheaper alternatives is the maybelline baby skins which also work better

on 12/27/2014 6:08:00 PM

I'm a huge revlon fan after using the photoready foundation. This primer feels velvety on your fingers and as you smooth it across your face. I find that you need to give it a couple of minutes to "set" before applying anything else. It feels luxurious. I can't say 100% that this helps the longevity of my make up but I always apply it before weddings and parties due to the additional heat etc.

on 12/14/2014 6:47:00 PM

The packaging is the only issues I have with this product. Eventually the pump stops working and there's still lots of stuff in there. This has happened with two bottles of it. BUT I still just went out and purchased another bottle!!!! This stuff does wonders for my acne covered skin!!! It calms my skin right down and makes it so soft so there's even less to cover with makeup. My HG of primers!!!!!

on 12/14/2014 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love this primer. Goes on super smooth, barely need any to get full coverage, and it keeps my makeup on all day!

on 12/9/2014 12:03:00 PM

The BEST primer I have used!!! I have acne, red-blotchy skin, and dark spots. When I use this my face looks near perfect, my pictures come out looking like I photoshopped my face (in a good way). It keeps my makeup on and glides right on ( I use revlon color stay combo/oily). My face looks so soft with this! Definitely try this!

on 12/8/2014 11:27:00 AM

I really love this primer it controls my oils and makes my face look perfect and my skin is really picky with makeup. some primers (By some I mean most) cling to my dry patches when I have them and just don't control my oil. I love this stuff

on 11/26/2014 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I actually really like this primer. Smooth application, no offensive smell, no feeling of the dreaded tackiness and no visible colour on the skin. It does a pretty good job at covering the pores on my cheeks but not quite enough for my nose. I find that my makeup looks a lot better with this on and i don't feel the need to blot until about 5-6 hours into the summer day where i am extraordinarily oily. Will continue to purchase this until i find something better but this sets a pretty high standard - good job Revlon! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It smells nice and has a smooth application. It doesn't help my makeup to stay on all day though but for the short while it lasts, I notice it helps cover my blemishes/redness and offers a soft base for my foundation.

Popular Primer/ Correctors