October 20, 2014 | 1566 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Abbymarie07

I'm a teenager so I don't like wearing a heavy foundation and I have pretty good skin which means I don't need a lot of coverage. That is why BB cream is my must have beauty product. I love Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream because you actually get a good amount of coverage for a BB cream. I've used other BB creams & this one is definitely my favorite for coverage. It hydrates your skin just enough but if you are looking for extreme hydration I wouldn't recommend it because it doesn't hydrate a lot. It goes on very well and you don't need a lot. Just a couple drops, but it is build able if you need more. The color blends very well so you look natural but flawless. My favorite thing about it is that it acts as a primer. Usually with foundation I have to use a primer but this stays on for hours. It keeps the rest of my makeup on as well. I can come home from school and then my friends house and it will still be perfectly in place. The cons about this product is that it is so expensive. $40 is pricey but it will last forever so that's good. Another con is that it doesn't control oil for me. It actually makes my skin oily even though the product is oil free. That doesn't bother me that much though because I just top it with a light powder to control the oil. This BB cream is totally worth it & I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have started using this BB cream instead of their HD foundation. Great coverage, moderate to heavy. Applies smoothly and does not settle in fine lines. I wear fair...so porcelain gals will find this too dark. When set with powder and setting spray it last/wears all day. I use this BB or MAC's BB cream and I find both are comparable.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by mlb222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate this BB cream with the heat of a thousand suns. I purchased awhile ago, didn't love the shade, and so it's languished in my foundation drawer. I recently asked around about the best BB cream for oily skin and so many people said Smashbox, and so I decided to revisit it.
I wore it yesterday, applied with a Beauty Blender. By the time I was stuck in traffic on my way to work, I had to wipe it off with a napkin found on the floor of the passenger side of my car because I looked like an orange lollipop. And I was already oily.
Ugh.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by murielmark

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am still in the decision phase on this I love Smashbox products and so I decided to give it a try since I'm down at the lake I figured with the SPF and the natural coverage it would be perfect but I don't feel like it has enough luminosity to it like their Halo foundation so I wear it under the foundation as a primer and finish with the halo perfecting powder. So far so good. I wish the tube was bigger. Very small for pricing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am surprised of the good reviews from the oily skin friends here. I tried the light medium shade. When I applied some of the product on the back of my hand, the shade looked fine and it did not look too shinny or feel too greasy. I bought the product thinking this is going to the end of my search for HG. Well, far from it. This product is too greasy. Just the opposite of what is claimed on the box, it did not control oil, it produced more oil. The shade was way too pinkish and when it oxidized a couple of hours after application, it looked even reddish. I have tried a lot of high end products but the quality of this product is so poor that even WetnWild tinted moisturizer at the price of $2 is superior to this. Not recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This BB cream moisturizes my dry skin without turning it into an oil slick like Bobbi Brown BB cream did. It's long lasting and the Medium/Light shade is perfect for my Sephora 3Y08 skin. The tube is great for traveling.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by karmacat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a love-hate relationship with this BB cream. It has some great qualities:
-does a fabulous job at blending into my face
-disguises pores and fine lines
-wonderful light-reflecting properties
-high SPF

However, I found the colour to be too pink (I was using Fair) and the finish never looked natural. I always looked 'made-up,' and I prefer a more natural finish. Also found it to make me very shiny, despite my skin being on the dry side.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by tiffchan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This BB cream is great. I tend to have oily skin and if i use any other foundation itll either turn cakey or oxidize... I like this one, its light and refreshing. But its so expensive and there isnt really THAT much in one tube. I noticed that they changed the packaging a bit lately.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by JDorion

While it isn't SUPER moisturizing, this bb has a nice non-dewy finish, and did not break me out (Bonus!!!). medium coverage, high $$$ - it was about 40 bucks. use a moisturizer under it and you'll be fine.
P.S the fair/light shade works perfect for me, complete match!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by mrsgrego

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I fell in love with this product the first time I tried it. I had a tried a couple BB creams prior to this one and this one in comparison was like a step above the rest. It was less dewy yet still moisturizing. But alas, after using this product for months my love for this product has diminished. I have come to the conclusion that although it does provide a less dewy finish than other BB creams that I've tried in the past and although it looks very natural it isn't as moisturizing as I would like it to be. In fact it accentuates any dry flake that pops up and they are popping up everywhere with this product. I prefer a BB cream that I can pop up sans moisturizer, primer, etc. because as a busy mom on-the-go I want something that evens me out and gives me that little extra boost. My face is very dry and this product doesn't help at all. Therefore, I will use this up and won't be repurchasing. On a side note, I did purchase the trial size (a cute little squeeze tube) and later received another trial size from my mom. These two little trials have lasted about 6 months with everyday use and there's still tons left!