April 19, 2014 | 1848 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by rilokileyfan83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product for comparison purpose so have just begun using it, but I am a hairdresser and I would recommend this. My salon carries the entire Kerastase range, and we have a product called Kerastase Chroma Sensitive, which is a "cleansing balm." This is essentially the exact same product. I think that because this is marketed as a "cleansing conditioner," people assume it is a dupe for Wen. It's not, and I would call this a "cleansing balm" because it is a slightly different consistency, just like the balm from Kerastase.. You can look up the ingredients list on here for the Chroma Sensitive & compare, they are very near identical - and I can tell you from experience, they are the same aside from scent. I never use actual shampoo, and I actually prefer Wen to both of these products (L'Oreal or Kerastase) but I wanted to let everyone know that if you love the Kerastase Chroma Sensitive (42$ for 8 oz) then this is the exact same product (6.99$ for 8.25 oz).

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually give 4 to 5 lipsticks for products I buy more than once and this is one of them. I bought this because I miss what cleansing conditioner did for my color treated hair. I switched to L'Oreal's new line of shampoo/conditioners (5 signs of damage one) and while I got great results from it, I still felt like I wasn't being gentle enough.

First, because a lot of people have commented on the scent.I believe what we're all smelling is camelina oil, which is also called wild flax, its like a gold yellow flower and its also a little known hair treatment (so I have read). So yes, there this herbally vanilla scent that, if you dont understand what you're smelling, might actually annoy you at first. I actually like the scent because its very subtle (at least to me it is). I've used other bottles of cleansing conditioner and while I like them, I was a little turned off by all the steps and the amount of product you have to put in your hair (one brand required me to add so many extra steps that I felt like I was in the shower FOREVER). I like that this stuff doesn't require 15-20 pumps for scalp to mid shaft, 15 pumps for ends. It doesn't even TALK about how many pumps for sections of hair! That being said, I still put about 10 pumps of the product into my hair when I use it because I only wash every couple of days and really want to clean it. This does just that, cleans the hair without stripping it. The bottle is rather slender (read: small) so I like that I'm not using it often or a ton of it so I find the price to size fine (and often its on sale).

The bottle also states that there isn't a need for additional conditioner but I dont agree...but then again, I love adding extra conditioning to my ends, so I do follow up with Aussie's 3 minute miracle.

Having said that, my oil prone hair has not encountered dullness, dryness, matifying limpness or anything of the sort the next day or at all. I get soft, clean hair. Which, essentially...is what I want.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by torirendon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this today in the shower after using Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm overnight. I really don't mind the smell like other people did, its an artificial smelling vanilla/ caramel scent thats not overwhelming to me. I also dislike the tiny amounts that the bottle dispenses and I feel that when I get to the bottom of the bottle, it'll be impossible to get the rest out. I have shoulder length thin and fine hair so I used 7 pumps. I kept it in my hair for my entire shower (about 10 minutes) before rinsing it out with cold water for about 3 minutes. The result was that my hair was hanging in 3 clumps when I walked out of the shower. Now my hair is dry and I'm not impressed at all. My hair feels tangled and its frizzy. I had better results with my Suave Moroccan shine shampoo and conditioner and it was cheaper too. I'll edit this after using it a while longer and change it improves. So far I wouldn't repurchase and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've only used this product for a week (meaning twice - I generally shampoo twice a week) and, so far, I am really loving how this leaves my hair - soft, silky, all the things I'm looking for (my hair is thick, coarse and wavy and generally "big" and I want a smooth, shiny cap of hair). While I can't see this product being my regular hair washing product, I like the results so far. However, I can sort of see this building up and I know I'll want to be using a traditional "foaming" shampoo alternating with this cleansing conditioner. I do feel my hair needs washing a bit more frequently - another reason for this not being my full time cleansing product. But so far (early days, I admit), I do like the results this gives.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by csquared14

First, a disclaimer: I am an avid shampooer who has been known to wash her hair every day on occasion (I KNOW I KNOW that sound you hear is me causing the world to end, etc.). Therefore, this seemed like a great idea for me--gentler on my hair, no sulfates, and all of that. And it's...fine. That's the best word to describe it. Not great, but worked well enough so that I didn't turn around and get right back in the shower to try to fix things. As others have noted, its smell is interesting. Sort of like a bad drugstore vanilla perfume that you've let sit on the shelf a few years too long (that said, some of the other shampoos in the Ever hair line remind me of my ex-boyfriend's shaving cream, so comparison, this isn't bad!). One odd thing is, if you are expecting an actual shampoo-like consistency, it really doesn't lather. Massaging it into my hair was, therefore, kind of weird, especially since I usually avoid my scalp when I condition so as to not make things greasier than they have to be. It didn't quite feel like it was cleaning, and because it doesn't lather up, you end up using a lot more product than you would a typical shampoo. The packaging isn't my favorite--the twisting motion you have to do to unlock the cap initially is to the right, the opposite direction that you normally do. You have to pump a bit to get the right amount of product, which is difficult to do when you're holding the bottle in the shower and things are getting slippery.

I used it after a variety of situations. It was fine as an in-between thing on sort-of dirty hair that hadn't gone around the "you seriously need to wash me before people start talking" bend--it definitely made it soft and shiny, more so than my typical conditioner. But it is not something that I would want to depend on as my sole means of cleaning my hair. It wasn't up to the task after the gym, and when I used it after a few days of not washing, it just left my hair greasy and limp. It's not a bad product, but I would definitely use it as a part of my weekly shampooing cycle, not as the one thing that I use.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by prufrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thumbs way up. I was a seriously committed Wen user, but then I came across this product and wondered whether it could be true-- that a L'Oreal (read: drugstore) product at this price could give me comparable results. I read some mixed reviews on the Interwebs, some raving, some scathing. So I was skeptical, as you've got to be as a beauty addict-- but emerged a believer! I've left the Wen camp-- which is why I'm compelled to write this review.

This product gave me the results of Wen for a fraction of the cost. Also, I don't feel pressured to use like handfuls of product like I did with Wen; this product is more "intuitive"-- just saturate and massage and be free of Chaz Dean's voice in your head saying "use 15 pumps per section" etc. (Actually as a general rule, I don't think anyone should think of Mr. Dean, or any stylist, in the shower, but things happen.)

Anyway, my hair is long and thin, with a fair amount of color treatment- I fool around with color a few times a year. Though I try to be gentle with my hair (I'm really trying to get it super long), of course I get split ends like crazy. And it's really hard for me to blowdry my long fine hair without it turning all flat-but-poofy and lank. So, I like stuff that can air dry so I don't have to fuss for an hour, and still look shiny. That's what Wen did for me, but weirdly it's sort of stopped working as well.

Enter L'Oreal. I used a fair amount (yeah the pump is lame, LOL) but it is much lighter, more like lotion, whereas Wen is like cream. So I followed the inevitably funky Cleansing Conditioner instructions, washed it out, and let my hair air dry like I might with Wen. Results: fabulous. I use less product, spend like a million dollars less, and my hair feels better than Wen-- it gives my hair shine and VOLUME, which is like unheard of for me (I've sort of resigned myself to matte beach waves, thinking I could never achieve that sexy glossy look).

So basically-- yeah try it, Wen peeps, it's worth the $7.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by mauigold

I bought this product 3 days ago. First off, the smell is HORRENDOUS and I'am NOT easily offended by scents. 'Horrendous' can mean a broad range of things so let me clarify because the reason I waited so long to review this product is because I KNEW I had smelled this same awful scent elsewhere and it hit me this morning whilst I was rubbing it into my head for the 2nd time.....Acrylic nail powder when you mix it with the gel. OMG! that was EXACTLY it. My sis used to use me as a guinea pig for her nail projects and she was testing out acrylics and I nearly retched. Chemical nastiness. Makes me wonder what is in this stuff that makes it smell so gosh awful. That's what the 3 star rating is about.
Anywho, that being said, I like it!! I like it enough to endure the scent, which mercifully dissipates once you wash it out and as one poster above mentioned, how very strange it is that the scent intensifies when you get it out of the bottle. Don't know what that's about.
I have wavy waist length hair that despite being thick and wiry enough to tangle up a weed whacker is VERY temperamental and easily weighed down by oils and things. It happens to be pretty dry at the moment and I'am using John Friedas brilliant brunette glaze that I believe dries the bejeezus out of your hair so to protect it, I use this stuff first.
It cost me $7 a bottle at CVS which I could probably get a little cheaper elsewhere but I was there and I had LOVED the regular conditioner in the same line and thought I would give this a go. I wouldn't use it all the time because I can tell it would build up and make my scalp itch like crazy but for the times when I have over-stripped my hair with clarifying shampoos and stuff, I will reach for this. I have a LOT of hair so at bout 20 pumps a wash, this isn't something I would want to use everyday anyway.
Last but not least, the bottle....It doesn't irk me too bad but I can see how other gals would find this 1/4 teaspoon dispensary very annoying, but like I said, I have TONS of hair and I think the product does what I want it to to the point where I can overlook that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by vivaELvino

Love, love, love this stuff. I have curly hair with a combination of coarse and fine hair that I need to wash every day to get nice looking curls. Too much shampoo and it is dry and frizzy, just wetting it with water leaves it greasy and blah. I did no-poo, conditioner-only, trying out a number of different brands for several years and the Everpure line in general was my most recent favorite before they released this. Yes- I do shampoo & condition my hair occasionally to freshen things up, but I've found the longer I've used it, the less often I need to shampoo. and my hair looks great. The only thing I don't like about it is the pump bottle, but I can live with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by JMNeaves

This cleansing conditioner makes my wavy hair silky soft - people have commented! I personally love the musky scent, though I see how it could be a bit polarizing. The only downside of this product is that I get buildup in my hair after two weeks or so. This is easily solved with a quick clarifying wash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

Tried this product on my fine hair and by the second day my hair was gross! Frizzy but matted. Looks like I didn't wash it.