November 27, 2014 | 1693 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by tagme87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very innovative product--I have other cream blushes and I can't say that any of them have as nice or light of a texture. I have had bad luck with cream blushes in the past (my oily skin tends to eat right through them after only a few hours) but not with this one. I have the shade Hot Tamale--it looks very intense in the package but gives me the perfect healthy flush. Staying power is good on its own (I set my foundation and the blush with a translucent powder). When I need to enhance the staying power (i.e. a wedding or other all-day event where I may not have the chance to touch up) I like to top this blush with a light dusting of powder blush (NYX powder blush in Summer Peach is a good complement to Hot Tamale). Application was a bit tricky at first, but I have found that using a very light touch (I apply using my fingers, never tried with a brush) and building up to the color I want is the way to go.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by shakeyourhips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in the Pink Frosting or Pink Satin...whatever it's called.
I like the concept but I cannot get this to work for me.
I've tried to apply with my fingers, a stippling brush, the ELF blush brush... NOTHING works! It ends up blotchy and not cute at all.

If someone could let me know how to apply this without it being patchy/blotchy PLEASE let me know!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by aquaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in "Fresh Pink". It provides a nice, natural looking flush with a satiny finish. "Fresh" is definitely a good way to describe it. The "bouncy" texture is really fun too. I apply it either with my fingers or with a brush. It isn't super pigmented but I don't mind because it makes it less likely for a blush noob like me to over apply. It isn't very long lasting either.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this blush. It's great for summer and is a good alternative to powder blush that can easily crumble if you have a clumsy moment and drop it. :P I have a light pink shade, but I don't know what the exact color is. I've had it for about a year or so, and I still haven't run out yet! They give you a decent amount in a package, so you get a good deal money-wise. The packaging is small and compact and seems sturdy, which most blush cases are not, I've noticed. The texture of the cream is very soft in the pack and on my skin, and almost feels like a powder once it absorbs into your skin. Great finish and looks natural. Acts almost as a "blush primer" if you want to add powder blush over it. This makes it even more beautiful. And yes, it really does feel "bouncy". :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by shelby22b

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When they say bouncy, they mean it.

This product is actually not bad. It blends decently, the colour ends up being beautiful (if you pick the right one...learned that from experience) and it makes you look like you have a fresh, natural and even flush to your skin. It's pretty.

The product is kind of expensive because it's a tiny little thing and they're charging so much for it.

The packaging it cute and it travels well.

If you don't like tugging at your skin, then I wouldn't recommend this product. It does require tugging at your cheeks just to try and blend the product evenly on your skin. I would recommend a makeup/blush brush to make the application process a little more tolerable and comfortable.

Definitely would try this again. I'm excited to try more shades!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Emwins

I really love Stila's convertible cheek/ lip blushers. This is a great drugstore replacement! I prefer a cream or liquid blush over powder. These are so light and build-able, I have several colors and tend to mix one or two each day to get a natural looking tone. I really love these and they're such a great price! They also last forever, I have one that I've had since they first came out, over a year ago, and it barely has a dent in it.
I use a bare minerals blush brush and buff it onto my cheeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently rediscovered this blush in a different shade becuase for Spring and Summer, I prefer cream/liquid blushes since they melt into my skin and don't accencuate dry flakes. I have two of these, in Hot Tamale and Fresh Pink, the latter my go to blush now. Great pigmentation and cushiony texture, but the packaging is on the small side and some drugstores have this selling for $8.99 which is expensive. Other than that, its fun to apply it and the color selection is wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kaitsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was a big fan of the original dream mousse blushes - I still have a couple kicking around in the "coffee cake" shade. They tended to have a bit of glitter or something that could make them harsh in certain light, but blended and paired with the right products and applied with the right brushes - They were great. I remember trying the dream bouncy blush soon after it came out and was horrified and disgusted. I remember I tried to apply it with my fingers and had a huge dent in the product after a few days, because there was no colour payoff and I was digging into the stuff for nothing. I was told I don't use blushes that are dark enough for me, I tend to stick to lighter shades that blend into my skin and just make me look...powdery with no pigment. Alright, so I saw a beautiful shade in the bouncy blush - The hot tamale shade. MUCH darker than I would usually try, but it gives me a BEAUTIFUL flush, and I think maybe that is the catch with these blushes...go darker to get any/good pigment. I'm so pleased with it and I apply it with a brush, not my fingers this time, and it looks natural, like a real, slightly dewy blush. I can't attest to how long lasting it is, because I haven't wore it for extremely long days yet, and I do pair it with a bronzer or another blush. But so far...Very impressed with the texture and the ease of application...but very specifically for this colour. I had no luck with, say, pink frosting when they first came out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Megzimo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These were getting so much hype so I decided to give one a try, the concept was really unique and I wanted to play with it and give it a try. I found that these were very difficult to use, although on the positive side they were very light and had a cream to powder texture on the skin. Using these with your fingers squishes out the product and it eventually gets flat and hard to work with. If you try and use a brush then the bristles/hairs on the brush comes off in the product and it is impossible to get them out. I thought it was a cool idea and it felt very light but the blushes were just to hard to work with and they weren't that groundbreaking that I would want to repurchase another.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by sawautha

A lot of people were talking about this product and talking about how it was a dream to put on your skin. "Ohhh its bouncy, and shows up so nice". I bought the lightest shade, I love the sheen it gives my skin, the packaging is cute, I hate the texture. Its not even bouncy, I tap it and it mushes into the edge of the pan. Hard to pick up a concentrated amount of color with a brush, feels sticky when you use your fingers, YOU CAN'T WIN. And the stickiness kinda traps in dust and loose hair from your brushes and sticks on to the blush. I feel like this was just a soft clay with over concentrated color so when you rub it color will transfer like what happens to clay.

Try the e.l.f. studio cream blush, those are bouncy, and nice fancy packaging.