July 24, 2014 | 1577 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

In the beginning I had love/hate relationships with this blush.

I heard plenty of people saying good things about it, so decided to try myself. I actually got 2 blushes from the range and I have to say - the texture killed it.

It could be an amazing product, because the colors were gorgeous and those I had - looked beautiful on the skin, giving that sheer yet glowy look. However after an hour of wearing this blush - it started looking muddy and oily (bear in mind I got dry skin!). The blush would never stay in place but rather move around creating a messy look.

It was also quite hard to build up the blush. Pigmentation was poor and the product in the pan ended up looking like a crazy mess!

I ended up tossing this away, as it didn't live up to any promises you would expect from a blush: staying power, pigmentation and longwear.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by hannie11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked up this blush in the color Candy Coral at my local drugstore one day when I was just browsing. I didn't expect much because I have many brands of blushes that I adored, but this was my first cream one! When I first opened it, it had a surprisingly bouncy feel like it says in the name! After some use the bounce isn't really there anymore but, that doesn't really matter at all compared to the great color it leaves on your skin! I think it looks best over top of a shimmery pink powder blush or even just by itself if you want a more peachy look! I haven't bought any other shades in this brand, but I would definitely recommend this one if you want to bring out your blue/green eyes or if you have medium skin like myself! For application I just take my pointer and middle finger and dab the center of the circle a few times until I get just the right amount of the color on. Then, I dab it gently on the apples of my cheeks. You might need a good bit to evenly apply this color, but I've had this blush for 6 months with daily use and I still am not even to the bottom yet so you don't need to worry about running out quick! Overall, I love this product and would definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by pears534

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was the first cream blush I've owned and even though it's my first, I don't they should really apply like that, it was kind of hard applying it and I'm quite sure it's fine to apply with your fingers and ya.....it was a little difficult but it looked really appealing and it was actually really bouncy!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jjp7401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is hard to pick up with your fingers without making a mess. Now that I'm towards the bottom of the product there is a lot of dirt and other stuff sort of pressed into the blush so it's kind of dirty. I have coral color and it's really pretty when you actually get it applied. I wish it was more opaque. I find that it tends to wear off quickly but I like playing with it. It's an adorable blush, and I would rebut if I ever was in a bind. I now use the maybelline master glaze which is my new absolute favorite blush.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by tresbelle15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first, I really did like this blush. It applied smoothly and the pigmentation was amazing! After using this for a few days, I noticed that the color wouldn't blend in correctly and the blush would give my skin an oily finish no matter what. Overall, I'm okay with this blush. It isn't bad, but I don't find myself reaching for it often. I do like it for when I'm going somewhere where I need fully waterproof makeup though, because it is long lasting!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Chuchuchi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

good stuff, it doesnt have a weird scent, and the color payoff is decent ...it does blotch and stay on for a reasonable amount of time

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by girlgeniuss

I hate to see this lovely blush receive negative reviews just because it seems difficult to apply. If you use the correct tool then it will live up to its name, dreamy! I use the RT Stippling Brush, swirl it around a few strokes, and the product easily clings. Once I apply it to my cheeks, it's easily blended or even layered for a babydoll look. I never use more than a few swirls, the pigmentation is perfect when applied correctly. Not to mention, it lasts me 8+ hours with primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got to try this in two shades through a swap with a friend and I had the same problem with it that she did: I couldn't figure out how the hell I was supposed to put it on. Although in the compact it looks like powder, it's not. It's a cream blush but not an especially fluid one. I tried using a brush to apply it but couldn't get much on the brush and what little I did get on looked a bit streaky on my face. I tried using my fingers to apply it and that worked out okay enough but I'm not a huge fan of using my fingers to apply face products since my skin is acne-prone.

Besides the somewhat confusing texture, these aren't terrible. The colors are very sheer with okay pigmentation and have a nice satin finish. They last okay (fade after 2-3 hours) but don't blend very well. There is a fairly large variety of shades available and many of them are pretty. The bottom line is that while these aren't without their virtue, I wouldn't buy them and they ended up in the dreaded 'back of the drawer' for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

I really wanted to try and love potted creamy/mousse blushers, so I bought this. Anyways, I liked this product at first it gave me that glow from within. Then I started getting milia (note: Milia are small white bumps that form on the face) on my cheeks / under my eyes. After I stopped using this blusher it went away after several weeks. I guess I'm sensitive/allergic to something in this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by mcruuz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the shade "40 Pink Plum" & it is a nice pinky colour. I'm not the biggest fan of cream blushes and I picked this up hoping that it would make me love cream blushes but it's nothing out of the ordinary. Decent colour payoff, you'll need a good amount as it isn't super pigmented but I guess that also makes it easy to blend.
Will not repurchase, powder blushes are still much easier to blend and use.