L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm

3.8

on 6/3/2014 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This balm is actually quite moisturizing and shiny. That is a plus, but I was hoping for a teensy hint of color and this didn't gave that. For the price of this as opposed to regular Chapstick, it's not worth it, in my opinion. Not a bad product but I won't be repurchasing.

on 6/3/2014 3:04:00 PM

I don't normally go for lipstick-style balms because I stopped having problems with dry lips years ago when I discovered Cococare Cocoa Butter Lip Balm (school bus yellow tube available online, at select Walgreens and Big Lots). When I initially found this L'Oreal product in "Provence Romance" (#946) at a clearance price, I mistook it for a tinted lilac because that is how it looks in the tube. Turns out, it doesn't really impart any color to speak of. And yet it's something special just the same. IMHO, this line ought to be called L'Oreal Luscious Lips — because that is how your lips will feel each and every time you apply this stuff. This product has an exquisite, high-end feel and also smells super nice — like my beloved but discontinued L'Oreal HIP lip glosses that smelled like vanilla sugar cookies. In comparing this to a Revlon competitor, which I purchased at the same time, there really is no comparison. As drugstore lipstick-style balms go, this is undoubtedly among the best — if not the best. Having said that, if you really want to get rid of flaky lips for good there is still no substitute for Cococare — and I've tried them all.

on 3/16/2014 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

You need to know that these balms are very sheer. As long as you go in with that expectation already, I think that the tints are really lovely and I've already repurchased. Right now, I find Caring Coral and Nourishing Nude are perfect "your lip colour but better" shades. Easy to wear, somewhat moisturizing and I really like the natural colours they come in. Glossy too - I've layered on top of darker lip colours too.

on 2/1/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

These are the best lip products. I have a couple of shades already and I love all of them. They hydrate really well while giving your lips some color.

on 1/21/2014 10:29:00 AM

I constantly find myself searching for the perfect lipstick/gloss/balm and I have to say this is probably as close as I've found! I got Plush Plum (219) at Target for about $6 and I love it! The color is amazing; not too light not too dark plum shade that kind of leaves a beautiful stain behind even when the shine wears off. The balm itself is incredible! My lips are SO soft! I did purchase another shade when these first came out, and I don't remember the exact one, but it was not nearly as pigmented. The only thing I will say is that the balm doesn't last an exceedingly long time to me, but overall this has definitely become my HG lip product.

on 1/12/2014 12:23:00 PM

I find these everywhere for around $4-5 now. The first ones I ever got were the tender mauve and heavenly berry...the mauve is nice, as it actually has some pigmentation while still sheer. Don't like that it has shimmer in it, but they're not totally chunky or gritty feeling. The heavenly berry was a total disappointment, left no colour whatsoever. Then I got the caring coral, and still the same - no tint at all. But it is a really good lip balm, and despite the lack of colour I have been using mine like crazy. The darker colours have more pigmentation to them, and for $4 I'm not complaining.

on 12/15/2013 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HG sheer coloured balm. I think I own almost all of them except Coral - and some of my favourites are Heavenly Berry, Tender Mauve and Rose Elixir. It gives you that perfect natural hint of glossiness that isn't going to glue itself to your hair or give you a oozing, goopy, oily looking shine. Plus moisturises lips. I don't like wearing heavy opaque lipstick nor sticky glosses daily so this is the perfect thing for me. It looks classier and nicer than whipping out a ChapStick in public yet makes lips just as soft and doesn't feel waxy. Adds a hint of colour with no gritty glitter. You can pretty much apply this without a mirror because the colours are so sheer. Very wearable and subtle - suitable for anyone of any age or skin tone, hair colour, etc. And it *does not* have that L'oreal lipstick smell!! *huge sigh of relief* It actually smells good like marshmallows or vanilla to me. Love this!

on 11/19/2013 1:38:00 PM

Super moisturizing! Even better than Blistext itself! Glides on easily and has a beautiful color. (I have 418, Caring Coral) Definitely must try!

on 11/6/2013 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is 100% my HG. I have tried so many things in the past to help me look awesome and lipglossy like those cute girls on TV (Gossip Girl, anyone? Ugh! Wet looking lips, always!), and nothing, NOTHING, was good enough. Everything was eventually either drying or kind of useless, I can't really explain.
Then I bought this product in a couple of different shades, as well as its competitor by Revlon (which are the one people were loving much more, for some reason). It didn't take long for me to realize which one was my favorite, and I soon ordered EVERY SINGLE COLOR THERE IS. I'm serious. I go through these like a kid on Halloween, it's insane. I highly recommend it. It's super, super hydrating and smooth on the lips, like the best, smoothest lip balm you could imagine, and it also gives a pop of color. It's really the best lip product I've ever used, hands down. HG HG HG.

on 11/2/2013 5:03:00 PM

I got this in the color Heavenly Berry thinking it was a nice shade and it might look good on me. Unfortunately, there was no color. At all. It just left my lips looking shiny. The good news is that it is moisturizing and doesn't have a weird taste or smell.