April 16, 2014 | 1879 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by donna409

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I had a coupon and decided to give this a try. I was very pleased. I purchased the neautral or no color. I have to say I am a fan of L'Oreal lip products in general, I think the quality is excellent and I can always find a color that works for me. This balm goes on smoothly, has no funny taste or after taste and give a nice feel on the lips. It has a nice subtle shimmer not glossy, not tacky and not over the top with shimmer. I think it is perfect alone or would be great to put on top of some other lipsticks I have that are too drying or too matte. Packaging is nice and looks pretty too, which L'Oreal does well I think, and since the coupons always come in handy the price was right and $5.99.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by huyutfsakura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I was just looking for a peachy lipstick but then noticed this balm (I got caring coral). It reminds me of the RLBs but not as pigmented. It's quite shiny and moisturizing! The down part is that it's extremely sheer while the RLB gave your lips colour :( It was around 11$ in Canada, if I find a better peach lipstick I'll buy that instead but if I don't, I'll buy this product again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Margaret1975

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this the other day in Plush Plum and I must say that I am very impressed. I was looking for a sheer lipstick that is also moisturizing. This is perfect. This color is more pigmented than the other shades but still results in a MLBB effect which is what I was looking for. It felt like a dream going on and moisturized like a balm. As it wore off, it left a subtle stain.

I took one lippie off as I wish there was more of a colour selection.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by sash1998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an okay product. Nothing special. However, I ADORE the packaging and the one I have, Rose Elixir, literally smells like cotton candy (and not in a gross artificial way! It's amazing!)

Moisture: Not much, but didn't dry out my lips.

Color: Ok, lasted a while but not too long.

This isn't a bad product, it's just not that amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have three of these but my favourite is 518 Tender Mauve. My lips are very pigmented (so much so that make up artists ask if I am wearing lipstick when I am not and make tsking noises like they don't believe me and it's the wrong color) so this color is great. It tones down the pigment but doesn't cover it up. There is enough color that it doesn't quite look natural but it's very subtle and looks very pretty. It is by far the best color I have put on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by toronto27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this balm on a whim and I'm so glad that I did. I got it in Rose Elixir, which matches my actual lip colour and gives me smooth, moisturized, shimmery lips. It also plumps up my lips and gives me a sexy pout that lasts for hours, even after eating and drinking :) Buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by moonrider212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on a whim and I really enjoy it specifically in the color Caramel Comfot. It is a shimmery nude color and the pigmentation is pretty nice but not over the top considering it is a balm. I had swatched other colors in store and noticed a lot of them didnt have much color to them besides the plum one which I'm definately considering on picking up.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

On a scale of pigmentation where a regular lipstick is a 10 and a clear balm is a 1, this product is a 3--and that's for the Plush Plum shade, which I think is the darkest. (For comparison, I'd give Revlon's Lip Butters an 8.) This product really should not be considered L'Oreal's version of the RLB's or Maybelline's Color Whispers. It is FAR more glossy and sheer than either of the other brands.

I was aware that these balms were sheer when I purchased, but I expected Plush Plum to be more akin to Clinique's Black Honey almost lipstick in terms of color payoff. (Black Honey is a sheer, translucent yet still deep berry shade.) This was about half as pigmented as BH. I actually really like the color and wouldn't mind the sheerness if this product weren't so annoyingly glossy. I hate the look of lip gloss on my lips and this was really shiny, almost like I had applied olive oil. Lastly, this shade has a bit of shimmer, which I don't like, but someone who does like shimmer probably wouldn't find it to be too much.

All I can say about the other shade I bought (Caring Coral) was that it made my lips shiny. There was absolutely no color payoff whatsoever. None. Sadly, I'll be returning both of these products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by MES

I bought this and Maybellines Baby Lips a few days apart, this was the later as I wasn't really in love with Baby Lips. Color payoff is better, but I feel like this has little to no moisterization properties. I still like the product, and continue to use it, but only as a semi-sheer lipstick. I also like the packaging on this better.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a total sucker. I bought a couple of the new pastel shades from the Versailles collection because I fell for the cute color arrangement. I got "legally regal" (violet) and "laze in the maze" (coral). They are terrible. They are not pigmented enough to actually show up as the color in the stick, on your lips. Instead, they end up making your lips a paler, unnatural shade of your normal lip color. It ends up looking like sickly corpse lips. Bleh.