July 22, 2014 | 2409 users online

Fragrances - Frederic Malle - Une Fleur de Cassie

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know if I've ever had a fragrance disagree with me so much. This literally made me nauseous. In all seriousness, it smelled like a wet diaper. I hoped that if I was able to wait that it would improve, but after about 3 minutes I had to wash it off, it was that intolerable. I'm shocked at how bad this smelled on me. If there was ever a perfume that I recommend someone try before they buy, this would be it. Skin chemistry is of the utmost importance with this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 6:46:00 AM More reviews by King_of_England

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This seems quite a polarising perfume according to the reviews below. Personally if I smelt this on a woman I would admire her taste and want to know more. It has quite a ylang note but is spicy and reminds me a bit a fragrance I bought in 1975 called Snuff, by Schiaparelli. In terms of more familar perfumes, the drydown also recalls l'Air du Temps. At other times I pick up a mushroomy woody aspect similar to Annick Goutal's vetiver - quite a complex and intriguing fragrance

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Mishel63

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wearing Une Fleur de Cassie lately and the more I wear it the more I love it. Okay, I agree, it does have a weird opening.

UFdC is one of those perfumes you want to spray about 40 minutes before leaving the house.

Once it hits the skin it changes completely from horrendous to stunning. Just give it some time.

I can see why many people will be turned off by it. It's a very unusual scent, not the type you find at common stores, and definitely not the type of scent the average nose is used to. It's like a whole new set of small particles your brain is trying to "place" somewhere, to connect with something familiar.

Nah ah! It won't work here.

And to my personal experience with UFdC --
I will refrain from sharing details of what it reminds me of upon first spray. Not the nicest mental image, believe me.

But oh my god, the drydown on my skin is so amazing! It smells beautiful, soft, creamy, sweet and a little milky to my nose, a bit powdery, feminine and ohhhh-soooo-sexy. Makes me purrrrrrr......

Giving it only 4 lippies and not 5 due to its strange opening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2007 1:24:00 PM More reviews by sucrose77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can see why so many people would have a bad impression of this difficult fragrance. Some people mention smelling cardboard in the opening. To be honest, I would welcome cardboard; for the first half hour or more this smells overwhelmingly like urine to me! BUT. I endure, and then it softens to the most beautiful fragrance in the world. Soft, floral, warm and woody, and powdery. It smells womanly. When I wear it, it makes other fragrances seem gauche, with their loud notes that smell like something else--flowers or wood or fruit or even just "perfume." This smells like softly fragrant skin. It's very intimate and real. A beautiful, complex fragrance. I think this is worth sampling--give it an hour before making your conclusions.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by potionsandlotions

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An atrocity posing as perfume. All perfumes tell a story and bring images to our heads. This smells like a common carcinogen used on banana trees to prevent plagues and weeds (In very hot and humid tropical countries). Oy! My first real scrubber form this line (worse than Noir Epices)- NEXT!

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 5:02:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh Cassie is a naughty one. I love the uniqueness of it. Une Fleur de Cassie is truly a masterpiece for the senses. I've read that it's reminissent of the 1930's era of perfumes like Femme by Rochas and Molinard de Molinard. It does remaind me of Femme in it's naughty raw and sensual appeal. Floral, clean and dirty smelling to a certain degree. It's very womanly and enpowering to wear. It really settles in close to the skin and is one of those 'is she wearing scent' fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 7:23:00 PM More reviews by harperhilton

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

wonderful scent: wonderfully strange, wonderfully, complex, wonderfully seductive and erotic. this is as sexual a scent as musc ravageur in it's own, strange way. much less blatant, much less accessible, much more complicated than ravageur, it is sweet, smoky, floral, carnal and addictive. une fleur de cassie is not -- unlike musc ravageur -- immediately likable to or liked by many. ah -- but if you do like it -- it is pure sex in a bottle.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2006 4:05:00 AM More reviews by veruska

This is by far the best mimosa/cassie perfume i've ever tested and definitely one i'd like to buy sometime soon.I think you should read Charlottestant's review cause i feel the same way and anyway it would be boring to say exactly the same things.To me the top notes that makes many people to stay away is reminniscent of a musty smoky rich balsamic rose.it's a strange smell but after 2 min.i get the powdery floral with a spicy but subdued cumin i think.From that part on it's a love affair for me.In the drydown it's woods moment.sandalwood and cedarwood in pure harmony.EDIT 31/8/06 I already ordered the full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2006 9:55:00 AM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, I must thank the wonderful Thalia for RAOKing me a sample of this beauty. Cassie is one of those fragrances meant to be loved by only a few -- and those few find it magnificent. Cassie will intimidate those looking for sweetness and refinement; a least upon initial application. There is a definite animalic undercurrent similar to The Different Company's Rose Poivree. While RP is an outright X-rated fragrance, Cassie is more rated R. Rose Poivree is the essence of wordly courtesan, after a night of pleasure. The initial burst of Cassie is the essence of a Vestal Virgin before her bath. Eventually, this anatomical blast fades into a rich, sweetish, fruity-floral smell, similar to a wonderful Chardonnay. Spritz lightly. It lasts and lasts -- all through the night, if you need it to. You will get compliments. You will be asked: "What IS that wonderful smell?" I feel privileged to be among the few with whom this gorgeous fragrance has shared her charms.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2006 7:42:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Like Noir Epices, a grand disappointment, although I expected less from this, since I am not a floralista by any means. Sharp, and incredibly quick to bring on a splitting headache. Absolutely, unquestionably, ridiculously awful on me.