July 31, 2014 | 1064 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Illegal Lengths Mascara (2011)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by lrigtnahpele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I didn't get much length from it, but I liked how natural it looked. Love it for my bottom lashes though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by eswaslike

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

By far one of the best drugstore mascaras I've ever used. Doesn't smudge or flake, looks natural, and adds length-which is exactly what I look for in the mascaras I use for natural looks! I have this in brown but would definitely repurchase again in black as well. People actually think the other Maybelline mascaras are better than this!? Wow seems like I can't trust any MUAers opinions anymore! The other Maybelline mascaras are all gimmicky wastes of money. Illegal Lengths has all the traits of a high end product and is right there in my makeup box sitting next to my DiorShow mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by dhaase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara could very well be my HG. I layer the black-brown over Cover Girl Lash Blast, and it looks like I have fake lashes on! That's how long, seriously!! Without layering with another mascara, my lashes don't look as thick, but longer and skinnier. Looks great either way; I'll definitely keep buying.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to try a fiber mascara so I gave this a shot and I'm disappointed. I was looking specifically for length. If you can get the fibers to line up properly on all your lashes, this does indeed lengthen them. However, I'm never really able to do this well and instead it looks like some of my lashes are longer than others. If you try too many coats, your lashes stick together. After a short while, the fibers begin to flake off, fall in my eyes and sting. Which makes me rub my eyes, making the rest of the mascara flake off in a big mess. The fibers actually sting more than just "regular" mascara flakes falling in your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Dirahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best mascara that I ever bought. I had been using maybelline's great lash (the green n pink one) for about a year, and i used falsies a couple times and I thought those were really good until i brought the illegal lengths its the best. My eyelashes never looked so long before. I haven't even wore fake eyelashes since i brought this mascara because it just adds awesome length. The only thing about it is that it doesn't give as much volume as maybelline's other mascaras but its ok because i actually wasn't expecting to much volume since it's one is pacifically for length. its great and barley have eyelashes but when i wear this mascara im good money !

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't really know how I feel about this mascara because it isn't amazing but it's not completely terrible either. It really does add length to the lashes and at first I kind of hated it because the little fibres kept getting into my eyes and irritating me. But now I use it as a second coat to my favourite mascara (Opulash by MAC) and it works perfectly for giving it that little oomph I love. I will probably buy again because I like the added length but it does absolutely nothing for volume, oh well.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by goldieb19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be honest, I am completely torn on this product. When I first purchased the Maybelline Illegal Lengths mascara about 5 months ago, I absolutely hated it.The little fibers that attach to your lashes were attaching awkwardly and some were even falling off into my eyes and making them itchy and red. It just didn't do anything for me, either length or volume wise, so I decided to stop using it. After only two uses, I sterilized the wand and put it away with the intention of giving it to someone else. Last week, I discovered this product in an old Caboodle, and I decided to start using it again. I know that you are supposed to retire mascara after 3 months, but because I had not been continuously using it and it had very little contact with my eyes, I decided to try it again. OMG. I don't know if the formula thickened or what over the last few months, but this stuff is amazing! No other product has ever lengthened my lashes so well. I would probably repurchase it again...but I might let it sit for a few months before I begin using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by erinoxnam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is ridiculously overpriced in Australia at $19 but I have to say that I'm not disappointed in the mascara itself. This mascara WILL NOT suit everyone. You have to have very specific lashes for this to give you the effect you want. If you have sparse lashes you definitely won't like this. I like that the mascara is buildable - I never usually put on multiple coats but I could get up to 4 coats without it being too much and clumping up. I'm not a fan of the wand so I wish they'd rethink that a bit.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

Ugh. I used this for the first time today, and my boyfriend asked me if I was crying, because I had a lot of makeup underneath my eyes. This was only after a few hours. I know this isn't waterproof, but wtf. I only used it on my top lashes, not bottom. Even my wet n wild mascara has better staying power. I guess this stuff flakes like crazy. It looks okay, kind of fake and gives your lashes a clumpy look. I saw great reviews for illegal lengths mascara and ran off to buy it, only to realize that the rave reviews were for an older formulation. I'll try this for a few more days

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by 3ur3ka

I have this in waterproof. I am in LOVE with this stuff. No flakes. No smudges. No melting on my face. I was rained on. This stuff paired with Unstoppable eyeliner meant no weeping clown face. I don't need many coats (2-3 tops) because I already have pretty long lashes but I love dramatic lashes without the false look. I'll stick to this for awhile.