October 23, 2014 | 1035 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Illegal Lengths Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

I'm surprised by the average on this. A five star mascara for me. Maybelline makes some of the better mascaras out there, but this one is killer because of the brush. The bristles are just seperate enough to where you can really wiggle the wand around. I feel it gives megalong and lush lashes with a clump free formula. Finally an HG mascara for me. Perfection!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by sarahjade17

This mascara was OK. But illegal lengths? Hardly. My lashes were slightly longer when using this product, but not what you'd expect from a mascara that exists purely to lengthen your lashes. It looks OK on but the effect isn't anywhere near as dramatic as I was hoping.. and if you keep adding more coats it just goes clumpy. I also had a lot of trouble getting this mascara off at night, and took a few lashes out in the process. Yikes. I would recommend this mascara to someone who wants something subtle, but have eye makeup remover and cotton pads handy. Honestly though, for the money you're better off buying Falsies, Full N Soft, or a Rimmel mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It adds a lot of length, a good curl if you hold the brush right, and I do get noticeable fullness and volume. (But don't fool yourself, the fullness is average with this mascara, the drama comes more with the extreme length. So if your main concern is tons of volume and you don't care about length, you might not like this stuff by itself)

The effect looks very nice and with two coats I get quite dramatic lashes. They get super long and curly and fuller.

I have the washable version and it doesn't seem to run or flake significantly.

However, the formulas of fiber mascaras are so annoying. Normal mascaras are creamy and goopy-this stuff is thinner and dryer. You can get drama when you build it up but the fibers just make the formula different-I've used other fiber formulas in the past. Also if you dont' use the fiber mascara properly your lashes might stick in different directions.

Even though you can get drama with this fiber mascara used alone, it is much easier to use fiber mascaras layered over a normal volumizing formula to get super drama (and easier application)

I must say this is better than the Loreal False Fiber lashes..all fiber formulas have their own feel but this one was more buildable and smooth than the Loreal one.

Wouldn't call it my HG because fiber formulas irritate me but I like this mascara. I think people will either love it or hate it. The advantages are the extreme length and curl. The disadvantages are the texture of the formula and some might not think it adds enough thickness or volume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've bought this a couple of times and I've really enjoyed it. I've used both the waterproof version and the regular. It holds a curl very well and adds a lot of length! This is an affordable mascara. It didn't smudge on me yet it was easy to remove (even the waterproof).
I'm not currently using it, but there's a 75% chance that I'll repurchase this eventually in the future. I just enjoy experimenting with mascaras and trying out new ones so it's actually pretty rare for me to repurchase a mascara. This mascara, however, is pretty great for lengthening and I usually use two mascaras at a time: one for volume and one for length!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by lrigtnahpele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I didn't get much length from it, but I liked how natural it looked. Love it for my bottom lashes though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by eswaslike

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

By far one of the best drugstore mascaras I've ever used. Doesn't smudge or flake, looks natural, and adds length-which is exactly what I look for in the mascaras I use for natural looks! I have this in brown but would definitely repurchase again in black as well. People actually think the other Maybelline mascaras are better than this!? Wow seems like I can't trust any MUAers opinions anymore! The other Maybelline mascaras are all gimmicky wastes of money. Illegal Lengths has all the traits of a high end product and is right there in my makeup box sitting next to my DiorShow mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by dhaase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara could very well be my HG. I layer the black-brown over Cover Girl Lash Blast, and it looks like I have fake lashes on! That's how long, seriously!! Without layering with another mascara, my lashes don't look as thick, but longer and skinnier. Looks great either way; I'll definitely keep buying.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to try a fiber mascara so I gave this a shot and I'm disappointed. I was looking specifically for length. If you can get the fibers to line up properly on all your lashes, this does indeed lengthen them. However, I'm never really able to do this well and instead it looks like some of my lashes are longer than others. If you try too many coats, your lashes stick together. After a short while, the fibers begin to flake off, fall in my eyes and sting. Which makes me rub my eyes, making the rest of the mascara flake off in a big mess. The fibers actually sting more than just "regular" mascara flakes falling in your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Dirahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best mascara that I ever bought. I had been using maybelline's great lash (the green n pink one) for about a year, and i used falsies a couple times and I thought those were really good until i brought the illegal lengths its the best. My eyelashes never looked so long before. I haven't even wore fake eyelashes since i brought this mascara because it just adds awesome length. The only thing about it is that it doesn't give as much volume as maybelline's other mascaras but its ok because i actually wasn't expecting to much volume since it's one is pacifically for length. its great and barley have eyelashes but when i wear this mascara im good money !

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't really know how I feel about this mascara because it isn't amazing but it's not completely terrible either. It really does add length to the lashes and at first I kind of hated it because the little fibres kept getting into my eyes and irritating me. But now I use it as a second coat to my favourite mascara (Opulash by MAC) and it works perfectly for giving it that little oomph I love. I will probably buy again because I like the added length but it does absolutely nothing for volume, oh well.