September 2, 2014 | 1798 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by lushblush

I got this in the lightest shade (I think) and it was so orange...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by onetalentedgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really tried to like this product. I really did. I was using the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream (which I love), however; it's coverage was too sheer to cover the redness and discoloration all over my nose,cheeks, and forehead. So I headed to Target and bought this foundation as it was under 10 dollars and boasted of light air foam coverage. Like I said before it was pretty cheap as far as foundations go, I nabbed it for 8.99 at Target and purchased it in the color Honey Beige for my NC42 skin. When I got home, I busted the bad boy open and decided to take it for a spin. I learned the hard way that you have to make sure you shake this before applying. If not then the color and foam separate leaving you with streaky coverage. The bottle comes with a pump to help apply the product, but sometimes the pump can give too much product as it grows and expands like a hair foam. I applied it to the front of my hand and used my MAC 187 to apply it all over my face. I found later that your hands can also be used with the foundation as well, it gives a nice finish as well. The color proved to be a nice match for my skin with a bit of blending, however that only lasted a while. A few hours later when I went to powder my nose, my face had a Cheetos orange glow and along with my coral blush, made me look a tad clownish. I looked even closer in the mirror and noticed my pores were showing up and showing out all over face. I also noticed a micro breakout on my forehead and cheeks, bubbling like a witch's cauldron on my face. But most surprising, this NUDE Airfoam gave me an caked on look. I only used one pump on my whole face and blended til the cows came home, but it looked like I had just thrown a whole bunch on. I immediately washed it of as I was embarrassed that I was walking around like that. I have nothing nice to say about this product. I honestly feel as if it was a waste of my money and time. This product is going straight to where it should have been in the first place- the garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by themusicnote

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Maybe I'm just a foundation lightweight- I usually only use a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream- but I don't know what everyone's talking about with the light coverage. This was WAY too heavy for me. Even my boyfriend (who is normally oblivious to all things appearance-related ) said that it looked like I was wearing a ton of makeup and that it highlighted my dry areas. The color was also much darker and oranger than I was lead to believe,
However, I do like the dispenser. Very sanitary and easy to use. I just thought that a mousse like this would give a more sheer coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by ladadadadi

Loveeeeeeeee it!
First off, if you are looking for full coverage.... probably not the BEST option. I love the light coverage and weightless feeling of this foundation.
Pros of my experience:
- I have very dry skin and I've read a few reviews saying it's not a great foundation for dry skin, but I've had absolutely NO problems with it. I apply a fragrance free moisturizer first (to take care of my dry skin, and also to give my makeup something to hold on to), then I use a makeup wedge to press it into my skin so no flakes show.
-Light, airy coverage
Cons:
-The pump on occasion shoots out foundation even when you press lightly. So to fix this problem, I just put a surface in front of the pump to catch all of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by AstralAshley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation was absolutely terrible. I have very pale skin and I decided to get the lightest shade possible because that's usually the right for for me. The reasons why I I hate it: 1.) There was little to no coverage. 2.) The color was literally ORANGE. 3.) It came out of the can way too fast. 4.) The color inside didn't match the color on the bottle. 5.) It smelled like sunscreen. 6.) You could see all my pores even with a great primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product and tried to love it. The way it dispensed was terrible. There was no way to control the backlash of spray and as the day went on it became so oily on my face and rubbed off so easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by anniele

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation in a pinch as I had gone on a weekend away to Palm Springs and forgotten my makeup, and I hated, hated, hated it. The color was a perfect match to me (Honey Beige, for an NC40/NC42 complexion), but it didn't seem to offer ANY coverage - I felt like I might as well have put nothing at all on my face and was bummed about wasting money on a worthless product. I took it home with me and it sat on my makeup table for several months before I decided to pick it up again and play around with it, not expecting much. I applied it, blotted the excess with a sponge (which I didn't have in Palm Springs), and was surprised that it seemed to look ok. Then, I applied my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour full coverage foundation powder over it using a loose powder brush (which I also didn't have in Palm Springs) and was AMAZED to see that my skin looked absolutely flawless and natural. The Tarte powder on its own doesn't do that, but paired with the Dream Nude, it's now my current HG for an easy, natural look.

I now know what the problem was when I was wearing it in Palm Springs - it's not just because I didn't have a sponge, or a setting powder. It's because I was in Palm Springs. In June. This foundation does NOT hold up in warm weather - it will not stay on your face if there is the least humidity or threat of sweat, period. I would only wear it if there is not any chance of getting moisture on your face, because this will come RIGHT off. When I go to rinse this off my fingers after applying, the water immediately turns a beige color, even without any rubbing - that doesn't happen with any other foundation I own. However, if you are not going to be sweating or anywhere near water, this foundation really will last all day on your face. Thus, it's perfect for every day at the office, or a night out to dinner.

All told, I'm a big fan of this foundation, even if it's not suitable for all activities or occasions. The best thing about it is that it feels like nothing on my face. All my other full coverage foundations are rather heavy feeling even though I apply them lightly, but the Dream Nude paired with the Tarte powder gives me the coverage I want without feeling like there's a film over my face. I have a feeling this will eventually be discontinued due to the poor reviews, but hopefully that means I will be able to stock up at a discount when it is!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Anita09

Ok first off this product has to be taken for what its for, a very LIGHTWEIGHT foundation. The foundation itself isn't bad. Yes it is light but I think if you need to just even out redness or discoloration this is perfect for you. If you have horrid skin then you will hate this, but if your like me with decent skin and need to even out your skintone this is great. The actual pigmentation of this product is actually pretty decent.

Pros:
Evens out skintone
Barely there feeling on your face
good pigmentation
easy to blend

Cons:
Will not cover imperfections
have to shake it ALOT to get even distrubution

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Shamrock13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product impulsively thinking it seemed like it would cut down on some time if I was running behind while getting ready for work. It actually adds time on to my routine because I have to go wash it off and start all over again! The vigorous shaking isn't the worst part, nor is the way it shoots out of the can - it's how after you get over the stickiness and smelliness of it, it goes on so uneven and streaky because there's just no time to blend it before it becomes sticky and dry! And the streaks are orange and cakey.

I've tried using it a few times thinking maybe if I used a little more at a time, it wouldn't become unblendable so quickly...nope, just makes you even more orange and streaky. I'm not sure why it turns me orange since it's a foundation, not a bronzer, and because I'm very fair skinned I bought the Classic/Ivory shade which is the shade I always buy for foundations, concealers, powders, whatever.

You know that gross sticky feeling you get on your skin on a humid day? That's what this feels like when you put it on.

Bottom line: there's absolutely nothing dreamy about this product, it's a total nightmare :-/

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by BlueEyedChik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do like this product, Its for a day you just want something light, Basically a tinted moisturizer with air infused in it. Can hardly feel it on my face. Nothing totally special about it, Very sheer finish so setting powder comes needy. Overall good product.