April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Sunscreen - L'Oreal - Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen Liquid Silk Sunshield For Face SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by briloveschocolatebunnies

I confess that I have often avoiding sunscreen on just regular days (when not going to the beach or being outside for a long time), because I hate the pastiness it can have in photos (if a physical sunscreen) or the way it breaks me out or burns (if chemical).

Still, I was looking for a daily sunscreen. I thought my goal would be to find a sunscreen that was completely weightless and made no change to my skin. I was wrong- because now that I've found this HG sunscreen- it may be weightless, but it does a lot for my skin as well which I wouldn't expect from a sunscreen. One reviewer mentioned it goes on the skin a lot like a makeup primer would. Remarkably, I use this sunscreen as a makeup primer and it really makes my skin look better than it is. It goes on like its name suggests and the way make-up looks over it is just remarkable. I keep worrying that maybe it had a silicone type ingredient in it- but whatever ingredient it has that makes it like a makeup primer- it has not broken me out after 2 weeks. And that's saying a lot, for me.

When I first tried it- to warn you- it is pretty runny. Almost like water. So it seems odd at first, but the packaging is excellent and have not had any issues. The price is not too bad and the SPF of 50 is excellent. I will definitely buy this again, and I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Best chemical sunscreen I have ever used!

Pros: Light smoothing texture that blends in perfectly.
Does not irritate my eye area which is often a problem for me with chemical sunscreens.
No greasy look yet not drying.
Great price and almost the same formula as pricier L'Oreal owned brands like Kiehls and Lancome.
No white cast.

Cons: none so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is absolutely, hands down, HG for me. I'm almost to the bottom of my first bottle, and bought two more for back-up when they were on rollback at Walmart. I used to use Eucerin's spf30 sensitive skin facial moisturizer, but this beats it hands down!
Pros:
- price (7-10 dollars a bottle)
- spf 50
- light, silky feel
- absorbs quickly
- very moisturizing, so I can skip a separate moisturizer most days until the harsh winter
- a little goes a long way (one bottle lasts a looong time)
- packaging is mess free and sanitary
- contains some silica, making it double as a light primer
- vitamin E & white grapeseed give it some anti-aging properties

Cons:
NONE!!!!!!!

I would recommend this to any woman who wants to have a good, high spf in her skincare routine!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by callarox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to use Khiels Super Fluid UV Defense but found this and will never change back. I swear its practically the same thing, for a fraction of the cost. Sure, it is a but runny coming out, but once its rubbed in, it isn't oily at all on my skin. I'm super sensitive to scents and don't find this one to be bad at all. I also like that there's a little ball in the bottle to help mix up the product---which, if you forget to do, might be why some users find this to be oily: it isn't mixed!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Goes on oily but dries to a nice almost powdery finish. Cosmetically elegant, but made my face burn (not sunburn, just get red and hot before I even got outside.) I have quite sensitive skin, and I think it's the alcohol that's upsetting my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by mrtaxitaxi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really like this for my face and the price is good too. This sunscreen leaves no white cast (so noticeable on my brown skin, ugh) and is smooth to apply on. It takes a little while to sink in, but it leaves my skin soft. I've been using it for a month and a half without breaking out or having any other bad reaction.
As for repurchasing, I've already bought my second bottle.

I usually wear this and every other sunscreen without moisturizer because I am a greasy mess by the end of the day if I've applied moisturizer + sunscreen.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by jc2729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product since there were such great reviews. I have pretty oily skin and have been on an endless search for a sunscreen that would not make me extra oily, not break me out and wear well under makeup. This product feels really nice going on to the skin, very smooth like a primer which should have told me something as I cannot wear most primers since high levels of silicone do not agree with my skin. Unfortunately this product did not control my oil at all, it practically pooled oil and makeup around my nose and in my t-zone. It also emphasized pores I didn't even know I had on my nose, and to top it off after 2 weeks of using this I believe it is clogging my pores :( If your skin is like mine and you cant use most silicone based primers because they don't control oil and they clog your pores, pass on this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by calltheshots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm sorry to be one of the few to give this a negative review, but my experience using this product was less than impressive. The sunscreen made my combo/oily face even more oily. Furthermore, it also made me breakout on my forehead and nose. Idk why there are so many positive reviews for this product. I tried the Chanel UV sunscreen and that sunscreen was amazing. Kept my face free from oil. However, I returned it because I thought the L'oreal would work better at a cheaper price. I guess I'll be going back to Nordstrom.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by suzzen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well, I hate to be the lone party-pooper, but this sunscreen on my 50+year old, oily-prone skin is awful! It looks like an oil slick immediately upon applying . . . and it gets worse after that. By all means, do not get it near your eyes! Burning and stinging and tearing . . . very difficult to remove and get rid of the irritation. I reallyl wanted to like this sunscreen. The only plus is that it has a nice silky feel, like the name says "liquid silk" but no way will I be buying it again. I'll continue my quest for an oil-free that doesn't make my skin break out. Are any cosmetic companies out there listening????

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by pigeonmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG. This is the best facial sunscreen I've ever used!
I've tried La Roche-Posay, Shiseido, Sofina, Neutrogena, Paula's Choice Aveeno and Banana Boat.
Chemical and mineral, I've tried 'em all.
They were all too heavy, greasy or way too smelly.
L'Oreal Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen Liquid Silk Sunshield For Face SPF 50 is almost perfect.
It goes on smooth and leaves my face shine free ALL DAY.
No balling up, no oil slicks, no break outs and no watery eyes from the scent.
There is a slight chemical sunscreen odor when you first apply it but it fades in a few minutes.
If it wasn't for that, It'd be darn perfect.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No