April 21, 2014 | 998 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I'm not sure if it was a bad idea to buy/use this product in the summertime, or if it's just not a good product in general. Usually I'm a full coverage kinda girl, but prior to using this product I had toned it down a little (I was using a mouse-like foundation prior to this purchase). So combined with the hot weather and the fact that I've been wearing less makeup, this foundation often feels like and looks like. too much. I love the pump/packaging. I feel like it dispenses almost the perfect amount (a little extra, even). While wearing the product (along with my other makeup), I feel like I'm walking around with face paint on all day. I like the shade and coverage, but it often looks greasy and makes my skin appear shiny. I've bought pressed powder (Revlon Nearly Naked) in an attempt to "set" the foundation and lessen the shine, but it has had little effect. I'm not going to throw the bottle out, but I'm not impressed with this product. I MAY give it another chance in the winter-time, but the greasy look is prevalent with this product! (I'm a combination-dryish skin type.) Overall, if you like full coverage and wear a lot of makeup, you may enjoy this product if you don't use too much. But if you're a bare minimum kind of girl, this isn't for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Gemstone33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Skin Tone: Porcelain
Skin Type: Dry & Acne-Prone
Shade Purchased: 105 Ivory
---

I'm pleasantly surprised by this product! I bought it hoping it would prevent my skin from drying out in the July heat, and found it to be a pretty good foundation given how cheap it is. I have a few complaints but nothing that would prevent me from purchasing this again in the future.

It has a very creamy texture that leaves my skin looking slightly dewy, but not oily. My skin is very dry, however, so I am not sure that it would achieve the same effect on oilier skin. I chose the lightest shade available, but it is about a shade darker than my normal skin tone, which is a problem I have with nearly all foundations given my incredibly pale complexion. Because it is summer and I have a bit more color and freckles, it isn't a completely incorrect match, but I have a strong feeling that it will be too dark for me to wear in the winter months. When first applying it, I noticed that it did even out my skin tone where redness and acne was present, and I didn't need to use as much concealer to cover my problem areas. Very nice coverage.
The foundation does need to be reapplied if you're planning on wearing it all day, from sunrise to sunset. The foundation gradually faded on me throughout the day, but did not cake up or dry out my skin, which was great. I put it on at about 10 AM and reapplied by 4 PM, so I'd say it gave me roughly 6 hours of solid coverage. It does have a typical face cream scent to it that some may find irritating or annoying, but it did not linger around much after applying it and it did not irritate my sensitive skin.
The only real negative comment I have to say about this product is the packaging. While the pump works just fine, there is no plastic seal to keep the lid on before you buy it, and I had discovered that someone had used a pump of it before I purchased it. A simple solution for this would be to put a plastic seal around the cap to prevent people from using the product when it's on display. Buying a used product is unsanitary and a rip-off, so please double check the product before you buy it!

---
Bottom Line: Good foundation for normal to dry skin, did not irritate my sensitive skin, it did even out my skin tone and cover my red spots, it is not very long lasting but it does not cake up or dry out my skin. Packaging does not prevent people from using it while it's on the shelf, so make sure you aren't buying a used product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I like the pump. Unfortunately, this is stinky and greasy. And I have dry skin. The scent is way too strong to put on your face and it lingers. The Classic Ivory is also darker than CG other foundations in Classic Ivory. Boo. I'm going to give it another shot this winter but I'm not optimistic at this point.

Too expensive for DS foundation too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by karlaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i would totally buy this again i love it it smells good and everything only bad thing is that it dont last the entire day

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by kgloverii

Eh. This is just a so so product for me. I have combination skin and by the end of the day, my face is pretty slick (and not in a good way). I was really hoping this would be good as a lightweight foundation for the summer, but I have to constantly set it with powder and reset, again and again. And that just defeats the purpose of it for me. I'm someone who likes to "set it and forget it" especially in the summer. This product just doesn't let me do that.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Emh7994

So i live in australia and this product is slightly more expensive here (around $24), however i bought it on sale for $12! I have extremely fair skin, I always buy the lightest colour available. Usually foundations make my skin look quite yellow. But not this one! i was quite impressed it applied really well and covered my redness, but somehow made it look as if i wasn't wearing makeup at all. most foundations seem to gather in my large pores and look well, for lack of a better word, flaky. I really like this product! I would recommend it, however as with any other makeup it may not be suited for everyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by THEqu33nb

I purchased this product for a whopping $17.00 at my local CVS in california. I thought this product better be worth it!! I am nc35-42 and I got the 155 and the 157..I do NOT NOT NOT recommend getting the 157. My face looked so MUDDY and DIRTY! Looked as if I put brown dirt on my face about to play tag football with the guys. OK so now that I got that outta the way...
as for the application, IT glided on so effortlessly and like silk! I give the application 5 stars.. I blow dry my hair, then I step outside, already setting it with powder and a powder puff (like the youtube makeup guru GOSS had suggested) and i yawn and ladies, you know the yawn where you get teary eyed? well this happened and the tear drops go down just a bit and you could totally see that the makeup was OFF!!! there was an off colored line from where the tear had just fallen.. and I used abut 1 full pump. It was so ugly, i just took a tissue and wiped it all off my face just so the color would be even, I looked like a muddy faced mess the entire day!!!!!

I WILL NEVER use this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Izbella22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in 145 warm beige and it goes on smooth and conceals around my eyes and nose which has dark circles and marks. In addition I bought the Serum-Primer and I used it underneath and saw no difference in the application and setting. I do give the foundation a 4 out of 4 only because for a "street makeup" product it is $16-$17 in most stores.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by LC2rd

I absolutely wanted to adore this product. I thought I'd found an HG but it wasn't to be.

Lately I wanted to tone done a heavier foundation and get something lighter but with good coverage. I read up on this because I had almost purchased it at the Christmas Tree Shop weeks before. Everything sounded perfect about it so I went and grabbed it at CVS. 15.00 is the price of a MAC Concealer so I was okay with the price. I went back to my room, put it on and almost completely loved it. It glided on effortlessly, concealed most all of my trouble zones, and felt like nothing. Only a couple problems, lets start with the most apparent.

It is Really Really Pink! My goodness. I'm extremely pale with pink undertones but this looked like I had a bit of blusher everywhere on my face. However, after a little while, it settled down and looked more like my skintone, till I went out into the sunlight. Pink face again! Ugh. But people hardly noticed so I'll give it that, I could see it in the mirror but apparently it just looked like I was flushed.

So I wore it all day, at night it still came off with my face wash, good staying power, and I went to sleep after my night regimen. Next day I applied again, ran out and did most of the day. Came back around 4:30 to my house only to disaster. I looked in the mirror and my skin looked scaly and odd. So I went to wash it and when all the makeup off I was horrified. This had given my skin a horrible reaction. Massive collections of tiny raised dots, dry and itchy, all over my chin and the rest of my face. Usually my only skin problems are redness and some fading acne scars, I usually never break out anymore, so I was so upset as you could imagine. This was the only foundation EVER in all my life that broke me out. I immediately did a peel and scrubbed my face raw, nothing I'd suggest, and they only faded slightly.

So yes it will give you amazing coverage, glide on, and feel non-existent, but just watch out and make sure your skin can handle the serum mixed with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by deweyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has great packaging and a great idea, 2 in 1 ( who wouldnt want that), I loved the smell ( is that weird?) but those who hate things that smell may not like this, also the first impression of using this was great , it was moisturizing and a medium coverage, however it wore down through out the day and i need my makeup to last more than four hours.