September 20, 2014 | 1606 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by spatterson1

I hate it. I wanted to like it, but frankly I don't see how anyone does. It smells weird, but I can get past that. It is TOO THICK, but you don't realize it until you smear it on and it settles in every blessed tiny line that you have. I would not buy this again. Ever. I threw it away, because when I tried to give it to people they wouldn't take it. Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by katb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

for me, i really like this foundation, my skin doesnt react to it (which is rare for me). covers well, i'd say medium coverage. goes on smooth. nondrying. color match for me is ok, not the best but for drugstore itll do and if you dont have that many flaws to cover up, its really great, i only use it on problem areas, not even my whole face so itll last me awhile. i use a sponge to apply. it is pricey though. theres also this smell to it, the "serum" i guess, not sure if the serum really even works to be honest (skin looks the same after about 3 weeks of use) but as a foundation i really like it. my HG for now. am happy with this!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by appollonia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this foundation several tries and it just does not work for me. I've read several reviews and it seems it works best for fair skin. I have more of a medium complexion. I have some light freckling on my cheeks and nose and this did not cover them. While it's possible i simply bought the wrong shade (too dark) this made my face look dirty. My face looked orange and the color was patchy. When i applied bronzer it just got worse. The bronzer wouldn't blend as easily as with my regular creme foundation. I should mention that i love the simply ageless also by covergirl and olay. I also felt it got darker and more orange as the day wore on. I couldn't wait to go home and wash my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

I love this foundation more than I thought I would.. I scoured the internet for good reviews and I found a whole mix and decided to try it anyway. I don't know about the serum aspect of the foundation, but this is a really good medium buildable coverage foundation that goes on smoothly and opaquely and doesn't get cakey or blotchy. I liked the application and the fact it is buildable to full coverage is really good. I don't always luck out with colour matches to drugstore foundation but the range was surprisingly good for me and I found my perfect match. The only thing that may be off putting for people is the scent of this foundation, which to me, smells strongly of apricots! I don't mind it, and the scent doesn't linger after application, it's just during the initial product pump that it is very strong. I like this a lot, good for my combo skin and covers my breakouts and blemishes quite well. Try it if you can!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I'm not sure if it was a bad idea to buy/use this product in the summertime, or if it's just not a good product in general. Usually I'm a full coverage kinda girl, but prior to using this product I had toned it down a little (I was using a mouse-like foundation prior to this purchase). So combined with the hot weather and the fact that I've been wearing less makeup, this foundation often feels like and looks like. too much. I love the pump/packaging. I feel like it dispenses almost the perfect amount (a little extra, even). While wearing the product (along with my other makeup), I feel like I'm walking around with face paint on all day. I like the shade and coverage, but it often looks greasy and makes my skin appear shiny. I've bought pressed powder (Revlon Nearly Naked) in an attempt to "set" the foundation and lessen the shine, but it has had little effect. I'm not going to throw the bottle out, but I'm not impressed with this product. I MAY give it another chance in the winter-time, but the greasy look is prevalent with this product! (I'm a combination-dryish skin type.) Overall, if you like full coverage and wear a lot of makeup, you may enjoy this product if you don't use too much. But if you're a bare minimum kind of girl, this isn't for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Gemstone33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Skin Tone: Porcelain
Skin Type: Dry & Acne-Prone
Shade Purchased: 105 Ivory
---

I'm pleasantly surprised by this product! I bought it hoping it would prevent my skin from drying out in the July heat, and found it to be a pretty good foundation given how cheap it is. I have a few complaints but nothing that would prevent me from purchasing this again in the future.

It has a very creamy texture that leaves my skin looking slightly dewy, but not oily. My skin is very dry, however, so I am not sure that it would achieve the same effect on oilier skin. I chose the lightest shade available, but it is about a shade darker than my normal skin tone, which is a problem I have with nearly all foundations given my incredibly pale complexion. Because it is summer and I have a bit more color and freckles, it isn't a completely incorrect match, but I have a strong feeling that it will be too dark for me to wear in the winter months. When first applying it, I noticed that it did even out my skin tone where redness and acne was present, and I didn't need to use as much concealer to cover my problem areas. Very nice coverage.
The foundation does need to be reapplied if you're planning on wearing it all day, from sunrise to sunset. The foundation gradually faded on me throughout the day, but did not cake up or dry out my skin, which was great. I put it on at about 10 AM and reapplied by 4 PM, so I'd say it gave me roughly 6 hours of solid coverage. It does have a typical face cream scent to it that some may find irritating or annoying, but it did not linger around much after applying it and it did not irritate my sensitive skin.
The only real negative comment I have to say about this product is the packaging. While the pump works just fine, there is no plastic seal to keep the lid on before you buy it, and I had discovered that someone had used a pump of it before I purchased it. A simple solution for this would be to put a plastic seal around the cap to prevent people from using the product when it's on display. Buying a used product is unsanitary and a rip-off, so please double check the product before you buy it!

---
Bottom Line: Good foundation for normal to dry skin, did not irritate my sensitive skin, it did even out my skin tone and cover my red spots, it is not very long lasting but it does not cake up or dry out my skin. Packaging does not prevent people from using it while it's on the shelf, so make sure you aren't buying a used product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I like the pump. Unfortunately, this is stinky and greasy. And I have dry skin. The scent is way too strong to put on your face and it lingers. The Classic Ivory is also darker than CG other foundations in Classic Ivory. Boo. I'm going to give it another shot this winter but I'm not optimistic at this point.

Too expensive for DS foundation too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by karlaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i would totally buy this again i love it it smells good and everything only bad thing is that it dont last the entire day

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by kgloverii

Eh. This is just a so so product for me. I have combination skin and by the end of the day, my face is pretty slick (and not in a good way). I was really hoping this would be good as a lightweight foundation for the summer, but I have to constantly set it with powder and reset, again and again. And that just defeats the purpose of it for me. I'm someone who likes to "set it and forget it" especially in the summer. This product just doesn't let me do that.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Emh7994

So i live in australia and this product is slightly more expensive here (around $24), however i bought it on sale for $12! I have extremely fair skin, I always buy the lightest colour available. Usually foundations make my skin look quite yellow. But not this one! i was quite impressed it applied really well and covered my redness, but somehow made it look as if i wasn't wearing makeup at all. most foundations seem to gather in my large pores and look well, for lack of a better word, flaky. I really like this product! I would recommend it, however as with any other makeup it may not be suited for everyone.