April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by heyitsmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes!
The packaging is amazing. It comes in a cute lacy box that looks dainty but is actually very durable. I travel with it constantly and it has stayed intact.
I really like the eyeshadow colors because you can easily use a few shades to make different looks, or you can sweep one color over your lids and it still looks pretty! They are shimmery colors, so if you don't like that, this isn't the palette for you. The shadows aren't super pigmented though, but I like that because I go for a more natural look. The colors range from light highlighter colors to a dark brown and black. Overall, it's great, especially for someone who is on the go a lot, because you can create so many looks with the range of colors.
I've noticed that a lot of colors are similar to those in the Naked palettes, but this one is cheaper, has prettier packaging, and is smaller and more travel friendly. I can't live without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ewendlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous packaging, but very little pigmentation

The color range is nice, with mostly shimmery colors. The shadows feel very smooth and won't flake/crumble if you swipe a brush over them. However, the color payoff is pretty bad.

With that said, to make the most of this palette I apply a white cream eye shadow primer by NYX and apply the shadows over it for daytime looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice neutral palette- perfect for summer looks with a strong liner and bright lips. The texture is buttery, shimmery and smooth, but I apply with a sponge tip applicator, not a brush. I like the almost sheer wash or they can be layered for more color, but this is a nude range of shadows- they're not meant to be heavy. The lighter colors are great to add a bit of glow to cheekbone and the center of my lips. Subtle, versatile and fairly priced.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by delicious_dish

Gorgeous in the package but zero pigment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Mdvinson24

I purchased this pallet a week or so ago and as I was reading reviews it was a surprise to me that so many people where bashing the "color pigment". Clearly the ones that say this did not read the instructions on the back of the box. It states for a more dramatic look to damp your brush before applying. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PALLET! I have been wanting to get the UD Pallet for a long time however I can not convince myself to spend that much on just eyeshadow! I have recently started using PF products (that my BFF recommended me to try) and I have just fell in love with every product I have used so far! It's great for people that can't afford high-end products.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by aurora0917

While this palette isn't terrible, it's not the best either. Although there's not a whole lot of fallout and the shadow adheres to the lids, all the light shades (2/3 of the palette) all appear to be the same color and shade when applied to the lids. Maybe it's due to my medium toned skin, but either way, a waste of money. The darker shades (black and brown at the left end of the palette) do help balance out all of the light shades in terms of creating depth. But overall, this palette is way too shimmery for me, all the light shades look like one uniform color on my skin, and the palette is not very versatile at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I'm a college student that dreams of obtaining the UD's Naked palettes without paying the high prices lol. So long story short, all the PF's products were at 50% discount in CVS, and I saw this gorgeous nude colors that reminded me of UDNP's in their cute packaging and couldn't help myself and bought it for $6.
They are shimmery and beautiful, but the color payoff is not the best. They don't have pigmentation as much as they have brightness. I love highlighting colors so I don't complain much about it, since the combinations look lovely for my hazel eyes. They glide like cream based shadows, effortlessly.
The array of colors is not the best, for the strips are very small and close to one another. You have to be careful with application to prevent mixing them together.
Overall I really like this product, I think it's decent and it works for me beautifully when I apply a primer beforehand. In the end, it's all a matter of taste and what works for you.
Since I am on a tight budget I can't really compare it to higher end similar eyeshadows but if you are picky with pigmentation go look for a product that has better quality and applies darker on the lids. (Would not recommed buying this for full price!) Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I really enjoy using this palette. It is so tiny and cute, I can hardly bear it. :)

The shadows are all shimmery and are on the sheer-er side, but I don't mind them at all. I like that you can build up the pigmentation or do a shimmery wash for a more casual, easy-going look. The colors all work well together.

I've never had any issues with creasing or fading either. An excellent alternative to the UD naked palettes and super travel-friendly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are very pearl based nudes but the champagne and taupe shades are wonderful. I love the little applicator it comes with, its angled and even though its a sponge tip, I find it really does well when applying the darker colors as a liner and using any contrasting colors in the corner of the eye to create definition. I'm having fun with these colors. They do crease a little but its not too bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by jaybee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When will I ever learn my lesson, WHY oh WHY dont I read reviews before I buy a product? (Please note that this review is for the Warm palette) I was at CVS and found this cute little palette in the warm shades with such beautiful browns. Since I have UD Naked which seems a bit cooler toned than this, I decided this would be fun to try and it would round out my palette collection for the nude shades. I like shimmers so this wasn't going to be a problem for me. The packaging is cute and pretty well made for an inexpensive product. The sponge applicator is useless in my opinion, uncomfortable and awkward. My true issue with this product is the color payoff. There is none! No pigment whatsoever on initial application. I had to layer and layer and layer and still nothing. Just not worth it to me, too much work for nothing to show. This one is going in the trash :(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No