August 2, 2014 | 1114 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Nice base for a smokey eye.

It's more of a medium warm grey w/hint of taupe, not an actual taupe. It's a creamy matte finish and tugs a bit when applying.

For a lazy smokey eyes, I add a black in the crease, a shimmery highlight and smudge with liner on top and bottom lashes and voila, a super easy smokey eye.

Similar to Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place ShadowCreme in Mochachino.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best for natural smokey look! Day look nd night look

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Weird...I was going to give this to my mom when I saw a review saying to use it on your brows if you are cool tone (which I am)...It looks nice. I think I might go over it with an eyeshadow powder to get a closer match to my hair color. But thanks guys! I have a use for this now. I also think it might be a good lower lash liner for a soft look.

Happy Makeuping!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by roserie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

It gets a 5 rating as a brow product and a 3 rating as an eye product.

I have extremely oily lids. Without a primer, this product creases on me and lasts maybe 4-5 hours, which isn't long enough :< I like the color as a liner, but it isn't as purple as I wanted it to be.

The one reason why I'm keeping this product is it's an amazing brow filler for black eyebrows! So thank you MUA for the rec :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I bought this soley to fill in a small area in one eyebrow. I swore at 20 I wasn't gonna age. I've always had very thick eyebrows which I've never tweezed but for a few strays well under and in between them. Suddenly by my mid forties my brows seemed less lush. One has a small spot that's a bit bare, I can see my skin through it and being by the upper/outer arch, it changes the whole shape of the brow.

I triied various brow products, each one covered/filled in the area, but merely filling it in isn't the goal. The goal is to emulate my missing brow hair in color and appearance, in the most natural looking and long lasting way. This product achieves that. I'm very pleased with its performance.

I've not used this as an eye shadow thus far, am more likely to use as a liner since I don't wear much shadow but love this sort of shade at the base of my lashes. This is a useful product to have, I wish there were many more matte shades in the line. I see this as a coo/ash/brown gray, no purple on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by haleygwynne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. I have never purchased any Mac Paint Pots but if they're anything like this I am willing to consider! It is so creamy without being greasy and it glides on my super dry eyelids like a dream! I cannot speak on behalf of oily to combination skin, but my dry skin loves this product. Sometimes very pigmented matte eyeshadows look super cakey and dry if I try to build them up, but this looks smooth and flawless yet still matte all day long. I use it for lid color, crease color, sometimes as a brow color and my FAVORITE way to use it is as a contour! I am naturally very pale and this color is the PERFECT contour shade! I think cream contour looks so natural, and this just tops it. It is super easy to blend out and looks like a genuine shadow. The staying power is awesome for me, but again, I have very dry skin and lately I have been using it more often for contour and people ask me if I've lost weight! (Shyea right) but honestly the contour is the only thing I can think of would make them say that. I don't own the Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow, but this seems like a much more affordable option to try out a taupe cream for contouring.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by beckynicole1

I've got 9 of these but this is definitely one of my favourites for work. It will last all day on my oily lids even though I do a very active job. Perfect as a base but I mostly use this one on its own with a bit if warm brown through the crease for a but if definition. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Zelmora

I tried this on my brow thanks to the posters' suggestion here and I love it (dark hair, sparse brows)! I wish there were more matte shades of this product, I'd buy them all. As a standalone colour on the lids this does not work for me but that won't stop me from experimenting with it since it seems very versatile and it's good as an eyeshadow base as well. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by krrilo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product for a shadow, but reading the posts I tried it on my brows. Everything the posters said is true, it works great. The color on me is true to the color in the pot, my eyes don't look muddy at all. I haven't tried any other colors yet but this one applies easily, I just tap it on. The price is great & I look forward to more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by zoestark

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe is the most amazing filler for black eyebrows. I use my MAC 208 brush and the Tough as Taupe to fill in my brows, and they look so natural and stay on all day. The best product for dark brows I've EVER used.