December 22, 2014 | 1308 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I found that I got an excellent shade match for my skin in this as the colour was truly a neutral porcelain and had no pink or yellow undertones. The coverage for me (at the time) was okay, but since then my rosacea has worsened due to canadian winters and tanning beds, and my skin has gone from normal/combination to normal/dry. If I were to try it again, I know it would not give the coverage that I like and it would also cling to dry patches. Of course, the smell really wasn't great, and the dispenser always seemed to be leaking and messy. Also, if I wore this outside in natural day light, people felt the need to inform me that my face sparkled in the sunlight. Unfortunately I'm not a vampire, so I wasn't a fan of the sparkly look. Would not repurchase, and would not recommend to people who want coverage, people who are really dry or really oily. Probably best for someone with already great skin who just wants a touch of coverage with a dewy/luminous finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by riccidontcare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation after a long drugstore foundation binge. I needed to try everything, and this was no exception.
I've used colorstay(normal and oily versions) and the whipped that comes in the jar (which is my going out/full coverage HG)
The PhotoReady Airbrush seems like a lighter, dewy, more tinted moisturizer type of foundation.
I was hesitant about the shimmer, but I realized it really doesn't look all that bad. I like to use this on days when my skin is a little parched and dead.
I feel like it makes me a little more radiant.
I only pump out as much as the first third of my finger, and I really work it into my skin.
I haven't had any problems with it breaking me out.
It does have a strange smell directly after it pumps out, but it dissipates. I have worn it all day and it stays put for up to 4-5 hours without having to touch up.
I am the shade Buff in colorstay and I use Vanilla in the airbrush.
Hope my review helps!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by siren081614

I received this plus a bunch of items from Revlon from a friend. It came with 3 colorful nail polish, nail buff and polish and a lip balm.

Aside from all the products, this is the one I truly hate hahaha.

I did try it for a week.. at first it looks good on my skin however after a few hours my face felt cakey and it does not work at all.

And aside from this, I thought I was the only one who noticed the smell..

it is just plain horrid. I won't recommend this at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ramseyk

The consistency of this product is not right - it pumps out of the can in a big bubbly mess that is essentially just liquid (most definitely not a 'mousse'). It separates on my face and just feels like an oily orange goop-y mess. The smell of this product really turns me off and lingers on my skin throughout the day. I have tried to like this foundation over and over again but I finally am going to throw it out and throw in the towel!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by blondesnob

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried really hard to like this product for almost a year. It is extemely sparkly, does not provide enough coverage, the makeup seperated on my face and made me look orange. Although the colour matched well, 070 Rich Ginger, it was not enough to save this product. This is not "photoready" at all. It's way too expensive for what it is. Don't waste your time and money with this misleading product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by gaeule

So far, the worse I've tried. Makes my face look oily and unnatural.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by thewolfinrouge

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is absolutely horrid. I use both the whipped and oily/combo versions of Revlon Colorstay and I love them both. I purchased this out of curiosity as I was mildly pleased with the Maybelline version and heard this product was almost as good if not better. No.

Package- For starters, the packaging is bland and impractical. The little nozzle expels far to much product making it impossible to control any amount of product that you get from a single press, and will continue having foundation dribble out of it for a while after you press it. My bottle looks disgusting because every time I recap it, foundation manages to spew all over the inside nozzle and cap.

Texture- It feels like oil. Like I'm rubbing grease all over my face every time I apply this. I have oily skin, and this essentially sat on my skin and would not blend because it wasn't mixing well with my natural oils? Anyway, the greasiness prevented it from being blended properly and ensured that every time I touched my face I would have disgusting streaks in my foundation and would rub off on literally everything. I used this for about a week until I could make time to go replace my depleted supply of Colorstay and it broke me out and made my face turn into such a horrible zitty grease pit that I didn't want to put anything on it besides cleanser. Forget moisturizing or primer or anything, I tried, I failed.

Smell- It smells like paint. Which would be okay if it gave the same coverage as paint, but it doesn't. It's gross.

Finish- It looks like grease. It's shiny, and the little bits of shimmer do nothing but add to the already wet looking finish of the foundation. I'm all for a natural glow or a dewy foundation, but this made me look oily and just.. wet. When it had dried completely, it dried two shades darker and orangy, and even then it still looked like it wasnt completely dry, or even felt like it was throughout the entire day.

Overall, this is just a bad product. I tried it again tonight to see if I was just impatient and immediately washed it off because it felt dirty and gross and I knew I had made a horrible mistake. My skin still feels greasy 45 minutes after cleansing and I'll probably have a new breakout tomorrow morning. If I'm going to put something on my face, I want at least one positive thing about it so I can at least have something nice to say about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by haleygwynne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure what Revlon was going with when designing this product considering I own Colorstay and Colorstay Whipped and love them both.

FYI: I have tried various primers (Chafing gel, drugstore brands, Smashbox) and various moisturizers underneath this foundation and given it a GOOD chance over about 6-7 months.

Lawdy, this is a hot mess!
PACKAGING: Let's start with the packaging. The can is pretty plain, demonstrating your color choice and has a plastic nozzle type button at the top. The nozzle is basically impossible to control. No matter how little you try to pump out, it shoots out of the can like those gag peanut-butter-can snakes and always surprises me (which does help to wake me up a little bit in the morning). Also, it puffs out of the nozzle hole for about 30 minutes after you use the foundation and is a little bit messy, but you can just wipe it off later.

COLOR: I purchased Shell and it does match my skintone pretty well AT FIRST. I'm not sure if others have this problem, but it seems to oxidize on my skin. This is also evident on the nozzle... Once you have your foundation on and you finish the rest of your makeup, take a look at the can and you can clearly see that the color left on the nozzle has darkened a tad. If you're uncertain, just touch the nozzle again, and the *new* product that comes out will be lighter than the foundation from 15 minutes earlier.

TEXTURE: Although it says "airbrush," it's actually just a liquid foundation in an pressurized form. After first pumping it, it seems sort of like bubbly-moussey-liquid ish, but as soon as you touch it, or touch your brush or beauty blender to it, it turns to liquid and all the bubble flatten, and becomes a little bit sticky at that. On the face, it applies in a very thin layer that is easy to streak without a lot of buffing, which then sheers the product out quite a bit. It will feel slightly damp for about 5-10 minutes if you don't immediately set it with a powder. Even though it is thin, I feel like it does look slightly cakey after applying powder, but nothing major. I do have trouble with certain concealers while using this foundation, as it can settle in fine lines and sometimes when I'm working with the concealer, the foundation literally moves around under it, and can leave patches.

FINISH: It has a glowy finish, which is due to the micro shimmer/glitter in the foundation. It's not ugly or anything, just a fair warning that there is glitter in it. Sometimes with other products on the face, it's hard to tell how glittery it is... So pump some on the back of your hand and apply it like you would on your face, give it a few minutes and check it out... It's pretty shimmery, but if that's something you like, you might wanna give this a try! It has light coverage, and really isn't buildable. After the first layer, whenever I go to apply a second, it seems to move around too much and not look as even as the first. So if you like a sheer, glowy foundation, you might be into this. It does look shiny without setting powder.

My best experience with this foundation is applying with a dense buffing brush. A flat foundation brush (my preference) leaves it a bit too streaky and I have to buff in it anyway. The Beauty Blender didn't mesh well with it, and made me look oily/slick (my skin is freakishly dry). I also tried it with the EcoTools Sheer Finish Kabuki and booooy was that a treat: It looked like I tried to apply it with pine needles or something haha.

Good luck to you, if you're in the market to pick this up. It's not something I would recommend unless you're SPECIFICALLY looking for a foundation that is sheer, glittery, and a little tacky to the touch.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by SparkleAndGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay. . Short&simple. .. this sucks. You get pulled in by the 'airbrush' labeling but trust me its soo far from that effect. Why you ask? Its very extremely sheer with a lot of shimmer. However, it kinda looks like you just smeared a nude tinted cream eyeshadow on a oily face. No coverage what so ever. It some what highlights your imperfections. I wouldn't repurchase ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by KitKat9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, it gives nice coverage and applies beautifully. The Mousse formulation is different but in a good way, its more tidier than other foundations. I've tried lots of foundations and i believe this is my favourite so far. also i don't breakout when i use this foundation which has happened with others in the past. I also put a good moisturiser under my foundation so it doesn't feel dry to me.
Love it and would buy it again.