February 27, 2015 | 1022 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Master Shape

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by oneskyred

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So easy to use, defines brows without making them look unnatural. However you need a good brow shape to begin with!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Malela9

I am so sad to see the bad reviews on this product. This is a HG product for me. I am a busy working mom and I can get my brows on in no time with this. I love that the product is waxy, so I kill two birds at one time. You do have to brush the product into your brows and do a bit of clean-up. But, I think that you have to do that with all brow products. Yes, I wish that Maybelline did not put it into a plastic container. But, I do not have any problems sharpening the pencil. If you want a brow pencil that lasts all day and has easy application, give this a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by palepp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WTF. I think I got like five uses out of this pencil before it was completely gone and utterly unsharpenable. I feel totally jipped.

The only bright side is I quite like the brush end, and use it to apply a tinted brow gel. So I basically keep this empty, dull pencil around for the brush :P

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by ozbeautyxx

OK, usually I'm quite a big fan of Maybelline but I was so disappointed with this eyebrow pencil. The formula of it is wax-like, and it's very difficult to apply to my brows. It goes on with an almost sicky consistency, but it was so hard to get any of the colour out of it!
I gave it a chance to redeem itself, and I gave up after "attempting" to sharpen it! (an impossible task!)
The worst eyebrow pencil I've ever used. (The brush is pointless as well).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by blondebeaute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me just say, I decided to use up the entire thing as punishment for being stupid enough to buy it without researching beforehand. With that said, you probably get an idea about how I feel about this pencil. I don't understand the plastic base, I see everyone was also as confused as me when it came to sharpening. It's a stupid idea. It's almost impossible to get a sharp edge with this. The actual product almost is a slippery wax. I had some difficulty with getting it to show over my foundation and bronzer. But I was able to work with it. I have dealt this pencil every day for almost everyday for 2 months in intense FL heat and rain. For the most part it holds up, granted I always later on Benefit brow gel. I would definitely not repurchase due to the fact that sharpening is hell on earth. I wish I hadn't had received so many compliments on my brows because I hate this pencil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I have some issues with this, but I honestly can overlook them for the good points.

The plastic casing for the pencil is quite possibly the worst idea ever. I received this in a swap and thought it was a twist up pencil. So I began to twist the other end (the end with the brush) and nothing happened. I kept on turning it and still nothing. So then in desperation I used my sharpener on it. It was difficult to sharpen but basically did the job. THEN I decide to check MUA and see that every other reviewer has had the same issue!

But I do have to say that this pencil and the attached brush are actually really good. I have the Blonde shade (I have light brown hair) and it really blends well and looks natural.

The formulation is a little waxy and makes my brow hairs stick to my skin, but the brush makes all the difference. I go over each brow in the opposite direction from how I applied with the pencil (in order to 'fluff' the hairs if that makes sense). This makes my hairs stop sticking to my skin and makes them look fuller. I normally cannot stand Maybelline products but I have to say that this is one that I would actually purchase. The color is great for me and the attached brush is perfect. I just wish they would put this in a regular wooden pencil!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by nichdizzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only thing I like about this product is the spoolie. The pencil itself, is very messy and the colors don't match the color of the packaging. The product rubs off and the pencil is very very creamy. I would not buy again nor ever recommend this. NO NO.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by lola0116

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't get why this got so many bad reviews,I've been using it for a couple of days now and I really like it.Keep in mind that you need to use soft strokes.I use it to fill in my brows not to draw it all over so for that I don't now but for this it does a great job.I have dark blond to light brown hair and ı bought it in the color soft brown.I definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by thetammyest

I've bought this at least 5 times and used it up. Obviously from the other reviews, sharpening this bad boy is pretty hard, it is made of plastic. But that's because the pencil is very waxy, which I love. Stays on ALL day, especially if you layer eyeshadow over it. I put it on around 5 AM and go to school and the gym right afterward where I sweat like crazy- this pencil lasts over 12 hours and through 3 hours of cardio workouts. I have light eyebrows compared to my hair, which is very dark brown. My eyebrows are a very light brown and they look a little gray and they're very sparse. I stopped waxing my eyebrows after I started using this pencil, it defines them very well. I think a common mistake with all of the other reviews is that everyone is applying too much. I apply just a little and go over it with a shadow, you just have to be careful how much you use, and to take off some of the color, you can just brush them through with the brush on the other side, it takes away some pigment.
This is my holy grail of eyebrow products, just don't go resting your head on your arms because you'll have two little brown eyebrow shaped marks on your arm. But it's totally worth it, only $6 at my target and it lasts me for at least 2-3 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Woahitszdtet

First, I would like to say that I agree with everyone else. You have to sharpen everyday and it goes quick. However, it has lasted me a couple months and i still have a few weeks left of it. It is waxy, but I like that because it helps with blending, and stays all day.

I will also say I would and have repurchased this product. I have tried many drugstore brow pencils and even the darkest color would show up as a light brown.. Which definitely does NOT match my dark brown eye brows. And they aren't even THAT dark, so I never understood why I could never match them. This pencil matches PERFECTLY. Another bonus.

I just repurchased and this pencil was wood. Hoping its the same formula and it stays just as well. I'm guessing they read the reviews about people disliking the plastic. So brownie points maybelline..