July 26, 2014 | 971 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Master Shape

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by lola0116

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't get why this got so many bad reviews,I've been using it for a couple of days now and I really like it.Keep in mind that you need to use soft strokes.I use it to fill in my brows not to draw it all over so for that I don't now but for this it does a great job.I have dark blond to light brown hair and ı bought it in the color soft brown.I definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by thetammyest

I've bought this at least 5 times and used it up. Obviously from the other reviews, sharpening this bad boy is pretty hard, it is made of plastic. But that's because the pencil is very waxy, which I love. Stays on ALL day, especially if you layer eyeshadow over it. I put it on around 5 AM and go to school and the gym right afterward where I sweat like crazy- this pencil lasts over 12 hours and through 3 hours of cardio workouts. I have light eyebrows compared to my hair, which is very dark brown. My eyebrows are a very light brown and they look a little gray and they're very sparse. I stopped waxing my eyebrows after I started using this pencil, it defines them very well. I think a common mistake with all of the other reviews is that everyone is applying too much. I apply just a little and go over it with a shadow, you just have to be careful how much you use, and to take off some of the color, you can just brush them through with the brush on the other side, it takes away some pigment.
This is my holy grail of eyebrow products, just don't go resting your head on your arms because you'll have two little brown eyebrow shaped marks on your arm. But it's totally worth it, only $6 at my target and it lasts me for at least 2-3 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Woahitszdtet

First, I would like to say that I agree with everyone else. You have to sharpen everyday and it goes quick. However, it has lasted me a couple months and i still have a few weeks left of it. It is waxy, but I like that because it helps with blending, and stays all day.

I will also say I would and have repurchased this product. I have tried many drugstore brow pencils and even the darkest color would show up as a light brown.. Which definitely does NOT match my dark brown eye brows. And they aren't even THAT dark, so I never understood why I could never match them. This pencil matches PERFECTLY. Another bonus.

I just repurchased and this pencil was wood. Hoping its the same formula and it stays just as well. I'm guessing they read the reviews about people disliking the plastic. So brownie points maybelline..

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by QueenBoudica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't really add much to all the complaints about sharpening this brow pencil... basically it's just awful and you waste so much.... but, if you are able to sharpen it you might just discover that your pencil is HOLLOW part way down! That's exactly what has happened to mine!
Right in the center there is a very tiny (pin-sized) hollow, which I guess will remain throughout the rest of the pencil?
I like the little spooly on the end, and the color & texture work OK, but it's not worth anything if you can't use the whole thing (i.e. if Maybelline redesigned the delivery system this would be a good brow pencil)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This pencil made my brows look thick and nasty. It was very waxy and didn't blend easily. Plus, the pencil is made of plastic, so sharpening this was a chore! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, not even beginners.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by matteness

I have naturally dark brown hair and recently went to a deep red-brown. I usually use MAC's Fluidline Brow Gelcreme in Dirty Blonde, which I LOVE, but I needed a new color to go with my brows.

I purchased this product in Auburn, which is a wonderful, warm brown with the tiniest perfect hint of red. I find most brow products to come off ashy on me, and this has the wonderful warm tone that I'm looking for. It is more on the waxy side, which makes it very easy to blend and tends to last a little longer. It also, however, makes it difficult to sharpen to a fine point and makes it easy to waste product.

Strangely, this particular shade has the standard wood base instead of the plastic. I looked at the other shades, and most had the plastic base while only a couple shades had wood. Weird, I know.

I love the spoolie at the end of the pencil, but I'd rather have more product than convenience.

Overall, great color and texture, and the spoolie is a nice touch. The price is reasonable (under $7). If it was a little less waxy and had more product, it'd be even better. Not entirely sure if I'd repurchase. Will update.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by pauvres

I'm the first to admit i'm a snob when it comes to beauty products, but thats only because I've used so many that I only have time for luxury. I got this thinking it would be a simple and easy brow pencil but was left disappointed. Firstly, the texture is super waxy and is hard to apply light feathery strokes. The texture is just very odd and I don't put my finger on it, its not powdery or matte, its somewhere in between, but it shouldn't be. It also doesn't last long and I'd rather not have it coming off halfway throughout my day, how embarrassing. The colour range is abismal as well, and I was so confused as to how you get the product out. Do you twist it? Nope, you have to sharpen it, which is quite something considering it's a plastic pencil. The ONLY redeeming thing about it is the brush at the end which was nice but that's about it. Back to high end brands I think, I'm forever off maybelline

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Viclovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dark brown hair so I purchased deep brown. It's a very waxy eye brow pencil and is an okay product because it blends nicely. But the worst thing is the fact that it cannot wind up and down and needs to be sharpened! Given the plastic wrapping around it you can imagine how annoying that is. Oh, and the pencil itself snaps super easily. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by EllieDavionte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros: the waxy texture means that the colour stays on your brows and doesn't wear off during the day until you want to take it off! I find the light brown is perfect to darken up my brows.I haven't found anything else that does the job like this stuff! Plus the brush on the other end is useful for spreading the colour to the right areas and just tidying your brows in general.

Cons: There appears to be a limited amount of product - I had to do some extensive internet searching before I realised you are supposed to just sharpen it like a pencil - including the plastic area! As far as I'm aware, there was no indication of this on the product packaging, so this is something Maybelline need to fix. I'm also not looking forward to having to sharpen the plastic... hopefully it won't be too messy! I will update this once I've attempted it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by apricotcloud

Ugh thought this would be a HG product but I was wrong. It was a complete bargain at £2.99 but I guess you get what you pay for with this as even on purchase, there didn't seem to be much there... then you sharpen it and it literally goes down in a day! You have to sharpen it again the next day so I'm going to get through this so quickly... I echo what someone else said about 'blonde' being actually even a bit too dark even though it's the lightest colour. It's alright, but nothing very special.