November 23, 2014 | 1093 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - Magic Lumi

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I purchased this product in the shade "Fair" and let me tell you, it is FAIR. Almost white! For a drugstore product to be this fair, I am impressed. It actually gave me "reverse panda eyes!" I need to keep wearing this product to review, but wanted to make a note of the light shade for those who are searching.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2013 7:56:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for an under eye highlighting pen but have trouble finding concealers light enough for my skin tone so when I found this I was very happy. First off, this is marketed as a highlighting pen NOT a concealer (a mistake I made prior to purchase) however I still used it as I would an under eye concealer.

Upon first application it goes on smooth, blends easily and you don't need very much on your under eye area. However once blended the highlighting effect was very minimal. It also looked VERY cakey and layered horribly. Also if I used this on my forehead or down my nose it would take off my foundation. If I used a concealer under it, it hardly gave a brightening effect at all. Not worth the effort.

I would not recommend this to anyone nor would I repurchase it. Definitely not worth the hassle.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by confessionsonadancefloor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After my positive (but not overwhelmingly so) experience with Maybelline's dream lumi touch, I decided to give L'Oreal's magic lumi concealer stick a try. The beauty advisor at the drugstore was very friendly, helping me find my ideal shade. If there is no one in reach to help you choose a shade, don't fret --- there's only 4 shades to choose from. We tested it on my arm and on my cheek, and it seemed to do the trick and so I purchased it.

The next morning, I had put on my foundation and concealer as usual and used this under my eyes, around the corners of my mouth, beside and under my nostrils, and over my eyebrows. To say I was disappointed would be understating it. I got the lightest shade (certainly it's lighter than my natural skin tone,) and it was still too 'dark' in the sense that it didn't show. After blending it into your skin, it disappears. No illumination, no concealing abilities. I decided to try it out the next morning before I put anything on and I had the same problem. It simply blended into my skin like moisturizer and there was nothing to show for it.

Thankfully I was able to return it, no questions asked. I really have no other compliment to pay this product aside from it's attractive packaging. If this IS a product that happens to work for you, more power to you. But I highly suggest steering clear of this.

PROS:
- Attractive packaging, and small enough to put in your pocket

CONS:
- Only 4 shades to choose from
- A bit difficult to blend
- Once blended, product did NOT show at all
- No illumination, no concealing provided

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by mayganade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

GREAT! I love this. Get it in a lighter shade & can also work as a great highlighter. It has better coverage then the Benefit Fakeup. I love this stuff. Long wearing and super blendable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is like the YSL ($40) pen.

It works better under my eyes as it has a peachy case (#2 color).

On my minimal make up days, i use this under my eyes only, no foundation, a bit of shadow lip gloss mascara

I keep one in my purse for touch ups as well

I think it is just as good as the YSL Touche Eclate, and the more peach color is better to give me a wake up under eye

It is easy to apply;

It costs me around $10 bucks at my local drugstore not on sale

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this pen as a highlighter after my color corrector and before my concealer. I know sounds like too many products BUY I'm currently batteling undereyes darkness (more than usual) so I have added the corrector until further notice (lol) I love how this product give a brightness/glow to the center of my face. I appy it in dotting motions underneath my eyes, down and across (like a tiangle) I then take a real techniques brush and lightly buff it in then go over with a little concealer. I do use a light color just because I want they bright affect but with proper blending all harshness is gone!

I haven't tried the YSL one (the original this one was inspired by) but it is on my list to try because I'd like to compare.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was best used as an undereye highlighter/concealer than just a plain concealer imo. The brush made it so simple to just dab some products under your eyes and then I would lightly blend in with finger. This would help get rid of any dark circles and made me seem so much more awake then I would be at 6am. This seemed to last all day on me as well.

The packaging does look very pretty and sophisticated, but the gold lettering and such totally chipped off while being in my makeup bag. The twisting portion at the bottom might also vary on amounts of highlighter being pushed out, but other than that the packaging was just fine.

This retailed for about 13$ or so, which may seem kind of pricey especially considering how quickly I used up this tube, but I guess it's supposed to be a dupe for some more high end products out there. So it seems to be a more affordable way to try it out, especially if you catch a sale like buy one get one half off L'oreal products that can occur alot at CVS, Rite Aid and such.

I would consider repurchasing if there was a sale especially, as this was one of the best products I have used under my eyes so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love it. It's not a full-coverage concealer, but it's basically a must-have for me, for the way it brightens up under my eyes. The light-reflecting quality goes a long way, especially for masking shadowy hollows. I use the medium color under my eyes, and the lighter shade as a highlighter around my mouth (blending well). Great at the specific task of highlighting/masking darkness (but not concealing, per se). Such a steal!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by lulu2013

I purchased this concealer a month ago, and now it's empty, I was surprised as I don't wear it daily !! looked at the volume/size of it and here is the SHOCK!!!!!! THIS CONCEALER's VOLUME IS ONLY 1.5 ml !!!!!!!!!!!!!! that means it costs more than buying the DIOR concealer that I already had, and lasted for ages !!! (DIOR concealer's volume is 10 ml !!!!!!! for $30 !!!!!! ) and the quality of the DIOR C. is way better and nicer than the L'Oreal one. I really thought I'm saving money when I purchased this concealer !!

It's always good to read!!!!

Save your money and AVOID this product!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by carcher7

This does not provide much coverage for under eye circles. It might give a little brightening if that's all you are looking for but if you really have circles to conceal this doesn't do a very good job. Still looking for my HG under eye concealer. Also I don't like the twist up pen type application. I prefer a tube with my own concealer brush. Won't buy twice.