April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - Magic Lumi

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love it. It's not a full-coverage concealer, but it's basically a must-have for me, for the way it brightens up under my eyes. The light-reflecting quality goes a long way, especially for masking shadowy hollows. I use the medium color under my eyes, and the lighter shade as a highlighter around my mouth (blending well). Great at the specific task of highlighting/masking darkness (but not concealing, per se). Such a steal!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by lulu2013

I purchased this concealer a month ago, and now it's empty, I was surprised as I don't wear it daily !! looked at the volume/size of it and here is the SHOCK!!!!!! THIS CONCEALER's VOLUME IS ONLY 1.5 ml !!!!!!!!!!!!!! that means it costs more than buying the DIOR concealer that I already had, and lasted for ages !!! (DIOR concealer's volume is 10 ml !!!!!!! for $30 !!!!!! ) and the quality of the DIOR C. is way better and nicer than the L'Oreal one. I really thought I'm saving money when I purchased this concealer !!

It's always good to read!!!!

Save your money and AVOID this product!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by carcher7

This does not provide much coverage for under eye circles. It might give a little brightening if that's all you are looking for but if you really have circles to conceal this doesn't do a very good job. Still looking for my HG under eye concealer. Also I don't like the twist up pen type application. I prefer a tube with my own concealer brush. Won't buy twice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful brightening under-eye concealer! It is on the thinner side, but builds up nicely. I apply it with the brush, then pat to blend. I HATE the packaging though, click pens are so wasteful and annoying! Were it not for that I'd rate this a 5.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by jwang714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Had high hopes for this product, but this was a disappointment. I think it's a bit expensive for drugstore and for it's quality. The packaging is terrible. The tube doesn't distribute the highlighter evenly as you're twisting and youll either get nothing or a ton of product at once. Also, I feel like this made me look really ashy. Bad product and I wouldn't recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by nrooney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product, the packaging looks really expensive and the quality is excellent! Apparently this is a hightlighter but I use it under my eyes and it takes away the dark circles and gives me a dewy glow!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by lisapoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the concealer but this package is a pain in the butt!
It's a guessing game as to how much product you are going to get, sometimes one click shoots out a lot of product, sometimes you can click it several times and get nothing.
The brush doesn't work as an applicator, I wish it just came in a tube.

The product itself works pretty well on my under-eye circles as well as any blemishes. I use a knock off beauty blender to apply it, rather than the brush and it works.

For the money though, there are concealers that I like better that are cheaper, so I'd give this a pass next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Although the tube does actually say "concealer," this is more of a brightening addition to your regular concealer, not a replacement for it.
I use this product AFTER I put on my regular undereye concealer. The concealer hides my dark circles and the Magic Lumi brightens the area, giving the concealer a little boost. My eyes definitely look brighter, I look more awake and well-rested for sure. However, it doesn't last very long. I put this on around 9 AM and when I looked in the mirror at 2 it was long gone.

The packaging on this product is horrible. It comes in a pen with a built-in brush, and you have to twist the base of the pen to dispense product onto the brush. The pen is partly transparent and I can see where a lot of product is going to waste because it leaks out and accumulates around the brush part without actually making it's way out of the tip. A small squeeze tube would make this much more usable.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say that there was some trial and error with this product. I didn't care for it after trying it originally, and then just forgot about it. I found this pen again recently and figured I'd give it another try. It still didn't work to cover my dark under-eye circles very well. Before giving up on it forever, I applied some to my ring finger, and starting to dab it under my eye that way, instead. What a difference!!! Basically, the brush with this pen sucks; It doesn't apply product evenly enough to mask dark eye circles. I would suggest using your finger(but LIGHTLY). It does a much more effective job. I give this concealer a 4/5 total because the coverage could still be just a liiiiittle better, but the illumination really helps to disguise darkness and brighten the face. Not a bad product once you learn to use it right.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Is this a highlighter or a concealer or a highlighting concealer?
It seemed a bit luminizing to me, but did NOT cover anything. Not worth the price. If you don't have barely any undereye circles and are just looking to brighten the undereye area, this may work for you. But if you have any darkness to conceal at all, it will not work. There is almost zero coverage. Also had to twist it up literally 100 times before any product came out-crappy packaging. I think it was $12 or $13? Way high for a drugstore product.