October 22, 2014 | 1042 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Super Stay 14 Hr

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by hugapug99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick. It wears so nicely and lasts for hours. Not 14 hours, but long enough to matter. The formula glides on smooth with a slight fruity scent. I like the smell, but it dissipates quickly as to not interfere with other fragrance products. I've found that applying a layer and then letting it dry, followed by a second layer is the best way to achieve the full staying power. It is a bit drying, but that's to be expected of a long-lasting formula. I combat this by using Qtica balm every night. I have this in wine and forever, timeless crimson and infinite iris.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Ultrame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Till Mauve Do Us Part. This color is the PERFECT shade for me so I will continue buying it. That said, the lipstick is long lasting... Usually. I've found that the first 30 minutes - 1 hour,

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by vsmini

Unless you get some makeup remover and scrub...this lipstick ain't comin' off. I was playing around with the Enduring Ruby (a gorgeous blue based red) around 6pm. Ate dinner, took a shower (I didn't wash my face), went to bed and woke up the next morning and startled myself in the bathroom mirror. It looked as if I had just put on lipstick. I really can't comprehend how lipcolor can stay on for that long. I was scared I was going to have to go to work with RED lips but makeup remover (Philosophy) took it off no problem. And there was ZERO color transfer on my pillow that night.

Drying? A little bit but I just put my cocoa butter chapstick on before I put it on and after the color is set you can reapply chapstick without compromising the color of the lipstick.

For some reason I always think I have to buy high-end department store lipstick for it to be good. I was searching high and low through Sephora, Mac, Bobbi Brown for the perfect shade of Blue-red lipstick but this is the best shade for my pale skin, blue eyes and black hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in the shade "timeless crimson" (For your viewing pleasure I have uploaded a photo to accompany my review)

Buying a new lipstick is a huge deal. When I buy a new lipstick, it is the most glorious event of my day. I'm scouring the racks at my local target, looking for that perfect shade to fit my mood, and suddenly, I see it-and it's like the skies open wide, and Celine Dion descends from the Heavens above, with a multitude of angels singing along in the background, and for one split second, everything is right in the world.

THIS LIPSTICK DID NOT DISAPPOINT, PEOPLE.

The color is magnificent, the lasting power is superb, yes it may get a bit drying, but a tad of vaseline over top does just the trick, and the best part,

IT TASTES LIKE FRUIT PUNCH. NO I'M NOT KIDDING IT'S LIKE WONDERFUL CHILDHOOD MEMORIES INVADING YOUR LIPS, IT IS SIMPLY OUTSTANDING.

Do yourself a favor and go pick up some of this smashing lipstick. You shall not soon regret it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ikhd

This product is rather gritty and drying. However, Maybelline has fantastic customer service!!

My lipstick broke off in the tube after the second application, I called and they sent me a coupon for another one, no questions asked. Very nice, friendly representative that I spoke to on the phone.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by gore_gore_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The only thing I have to say about this lipstick is that after using it for a few days, my lips got REALLY chapped. Like, scaly and painful chapped. OWCH!!! I don't have a problem with dry lips and I'm not someone who re-applies lipstick all day long (which is why I need the long lasting stuff), so I know this product is what caused the chapping.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by w4nderlusty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Enduring Ruby, but while the colour is great it doesn't last 14 minutes let alone 14 hours. Ive tried putting primer on my lips first, I've tried it on bare lips, I've tried putting powder, I've tried waiting over an hour before eating or drinking. The result is the same, product transfer.

I must be doing it wrong.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by adrianamelie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

14 hr? More like 3. It's not long lasting, but it stays through food and drinks (but not kissing!). I have weirdly pigmented lips (dark brown outline and flesh-pink on the inside) and it's terribly ugly. This lipstick is quite sheer and doesn't really cover up my odd-colored lips.

I would, however, buy it again. Just because it does last longer than the usual lipstick. If I top this off with my Make Up For Ever lipstick, it would last around 5 hours. I would use this lipstick just as a base for another lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by bloch123

I have the perpetual peony in this... I wanted to buy a matte lipstick I thought of the chubby stick collection but couldnt find the right color and then my sister told me check out this n oh im so happy the shade is exactly like I wanted and its perfect for day wear and even for night out you apply gloss or shiny lip balm n its perfect. I dont know about 14 hours but it does stay for a long time even after a messy meal... ideal for everyday use n worth the money

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Non Stop Red, but I would not call this red by any means. On me, this is a very bright and intense fuschia hot pink. This color is not for the faint of heart.

Lasting power was very impressive for me. It made it through 2 cups of tea, a snack, and dinner. There was some loss of the initial perfection from when it was first applied, this occurred after about 2 hours, but it really did stay put otherwise. I experienced no flaking or cracking, and I tend to wear through my lipsticks rather quickly. The finish was matte and it died down to look like an intense matte lipstain. I liked the look of it, but it could easily make fine lines or dryness very noticeable. There was absolutely no feathering.

The formula felt a touch dry and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone suffering dry lips. But this was also a huge improvement from the 24 hour and Revlon Colorstay-type formulas that you paint on your lips with a wand. Yes, I felt it, but I didn't find it terribly irritating.

I think this is a formula that you either love or hate, but it's worth trying. I will be purchasing the shade Ravishing Rouge soon, so for me, this is a repurchase-worthy product.