July 24, 2014 | 1815 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Super Stay 14 Hr

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by w4nderlusty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Enduring Ruby, but while the colour is great it doesn't last 14 minutes let alone 14 hours. Ive tried putting primer on my lips first, I've tried it on bare lips, I've tried putting powder, I've tried waiting over an hour before eating or drinking. The result is the same, product transfer.

I must be doing it wrong.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by adrianamelie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

14 hr? More like 3. It's not long lasting, but it stays through food and drinks (but not kissing!). I have weirdly pigmented lips (dark brown outline and flesh-pink on the inside) and it's terribly ugly. This lipstick is quite sheer and doesn't really cover up my odd-colored lips.

I would, however, buy it again. Just because it does last longer than the usual lipstick. If I top this off with my Make Up For Ever lipstick, it would last around 5 hours. I would use this lipstick just as a base for another lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by bloch123

I have the perpetual peony in this... I wanted to buy a matte lipstick I thought of the chubby stick collection but couldnt find the right color and then my sister told me check out this n oh im so happy the shade is exactly like I wanted and its perfect for day wear and even for night out you apply gloss or shiny lip balm n its perfect. I dont know about 14 hours but it does stay for a long time even after a messy meal... ideal for everyday use n worth the money

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Non Stop Red, but I would not call this red by any means. On me, this is a very bright and intense fuschia hot pink. This color is not for the faint of heart.

Lasting power was very impressive for me. It made it through 2 cups of tea, a snack, and dinner. There was some loss of the initial perfection from when it was first applied, this occurred after about 2 hours, but it really did stay put otherwise. I experienced no flaking or cracking, and I tend to wear through my lipsticks rather quickly. The finish was matte and it died down to look like an intense matte lipstain. I liked the look of it, but it could easily make fine lines or dryness very noticeable. There was absolutely no feathering.

The formula felt a touch dry and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone suffering dry lips. But this was also a huge improvement from the 24 hour and Revlon Colorstay-type formulas that you paint on your lips with a wand. Yes, I felt it, but I didn't find it terribly irritating.

I think this is a formula that you either love or hate, but it's worth trying. I will be purchasing the shade Ravishing Rouge soon, so for me, this is a repurchase-worthy product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

I do like this product a lot, however it is very drying and if you add lip gloss it dissolves the product and makes it more gooey and comes off so easily. Also after a couple of hours it seems to flake and I am constantly checking to make sure it doesn't look patchy.

Overall, it is good. Better than most I have tried, much better than Superstay 24 hour which seems to have the same effect! the 14 hour have better colours and pigmentation but the feel of the dry lips is something you have to get used to if you want this product to last.

A little on the expensive side as well! but quite worth it. Catch it on offer, 3 for 2 or buy one get one half price...makes you feel 'slightly' better for splurging on yet another make up product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Corchete

Venia roto, no puedo decir mucho de el, pero no lo volvería a comprar.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by KatyPuebla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this lipstick in Keep Me Coral. I really do not like the packaging, it is hard to open and not attractive. The color seems really pale when you put it on and then becomes overly bright and has a lot of sparkles in it which is not fantastic to me. The product itself with the texture is very drying and while it does have staying power, the color fades quickly and sticks your lips together. I don't recommend it to girls with bigger lips who don't like bright lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to try this lipstick out after seeing a video by Lisa Eldridge on heat proof makeup, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by this little gem. While I agree with the comments below about the lipstick being drying, I naturally have really dry lips anyway (I was on Roaccutane for a long time and dry lips are a permanent side effect), however, I didn't find this lipstick to be much more drying than some of the richer Estee Lauder lipsticks I've used in the past, for example. I regularly apply lip balm throughout the day anyway, and I find that this gives the lipstick a nice shine.

The staying effects of this lipstick are actually pretty impressive. I went to the gym and frequently stopped to drink water, and as I left, one of my friends asked if I'd just applied my lipstick, and the truth was I hadn't even touched it up since leaving my house in the morning! I have this lipstick in Stay with me Coral which is a great summer shade, very vibrant and fun. I've posted a picture of the colour after I'd applied it in the images at the top.

There's no way you can complain at the price of this lipstick. What it lacks in moisturising properties (which can easily be corrected with a swipe of gloss) it more than makes up for in terms of colour & staying power. Not all big brand lipsticks are worth the money you pay. Some are all style and no substance, whereas I think most would feel that they got a pretty good deal with this one. Granted the packaging isn't brilliantly fancy. It's not going to be a show piece like EL's golden bullets, but this is clean, convenient and serves its purpose really well.

Pros:
Fantastic staying power
Nice colours
Excellent value for money
Applies well, but not as smoothly as some moisturising lipsticks

Cons:
Lack of moisturising ingredients
Let's be honest, it's never going to last the full 14 hours, but does a really good job at lasting several hours without touch up even when eating and drinking

The bottom line is if you're looking for a long lasting, vibrant lipstick which you don't mind pairing with some gloss or lip balm, then go for it. It's a great little addition to anyone's makeup bag and it won't break the bank. I've already repurchased.

n.b.I would rate this 3.5 lippies overall and 2.5 lippies for packaging.

Ingredients:
Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Stearyl Heptanoate, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Styrene/Methyl Styrene/Indene Copolymer, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Alumina, Parfum / Fragrance, Cyclomethicone, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin, Dimethicone. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Izzymakeupx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When i first saw these lipsticks i thought, wow they look horrible. The packaging is, at first, very off putting. It's very unconventional but now i've grown used to it. I bought one after watching Lisa Eldridge talk about how long lasting they were in one of her videos. Since then I've bought 2 more. I have Pout It Pink, Kiss Me Coral and Enduring Ruby. I love them all!

PROS:
Opaque! Great colour payoff
Smooth, easy to apply
Very long lasting
Decent price, unless you live in Australia like myself (wait for it to go on sale)

CONS:
Dries up, you'd definitely regret not wearing a lip balm underneath
Has a very strong smell, reminds me of sherbet (i dont mind it but i know others do)
Weird, unattractive packaging

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by munashex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was disappointed with this product. I got it in 'non stop red'. I thought I was getting a bright bold matt lipstick. Instead I got a clumpy tint that was really sticky and glossy. The texture is favourable at all unless you like your lips superglued together. This product isn't for me but, i think it's because my lips are very plump . On smaller lips and pale or lighter skin, it may work but for me I really regret purchasing it and I should've tried before I bought.