April 20, 2014 | 1589 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast 24 HR Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Ma

Love this builds volume and holds a curl on hot humid days. Doesn't flake or smear - but does dry out quickly...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this mascara before a trip to WDW, thinking I needed something strong to withstand long, 13+ hour days in the parks under hot, humid conditions. For that effect, it did pretty well. It wore like iron all day without smudging or flaking despite constant sweating and misting my face to stay cool. It held curl well too. I didn't have any problem removing it at the end of the day either, but then I use oil based makeup removers which can take off even the most stubborn eye makeup.

But now that I'm back home and using it under "normal" conditions I'm not so happy with it. It makes my lashes more spiky looking than lush and voluminous , and I'm just not a fan of that look. My lashes feel super stiff with it on which is a little unsettling.

So while I might reach for this mascara if I have a long, long day ahead, I'm eager to return to my normal mascara (CG Lash Perfection). It just doesn't do a good enough job with lengthening, voluminzing and separating to make it into my regular rotation.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by mel2133

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible, makes my eyes sting, it clumps, and it takes forever to remove it. I ve had better luck with cheaper mascaras.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by vwzen81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sweet mother this stuff is awful on so many levels. I am a loyal user of Lash Blast Volume (non-waterproof) and have been using it for many years. I decided to be wild and crazy and try the 24 Hour version; what a waste of my hard earned money! My biggest gripe with this mascara is the removal process; it is like trying to remove super glue from your lashes. I have used waterproof mascara before and have never had such a problem removing my makeup. The first time I tried to remove it all I had on hand was my Philosophy Purity and the moisturizing Almay makeup remover pads (the ones with mineral oil). It seriously took me about 20 minutes to get all of this mascara off; it might have come off sooner if I really scrubbed but my lashes are important to me and I did not want to have any fall out from rubbing too hard. So, the following day I tried using straight up baby oil to remove the mascara and that worked better but it still was not fun. The next day I went and bought Ponds cold cream which really removed this stuff like nobodys business. However, the formula for this mascara is so different from the regular Lash Blast Volume; this mascara gives me crazy length but no volume. I do not need length, my lashes are so long they touch my eye brows, what I need is volume. I can not apply more than 2 coats of this mascara without it starting to clump; whereas with the regular Lash Blast I could apply as many coats as I want with no clumps. Also, this mascara did not last as good as the regular Lash Blast; I wear my makeup about 12-14 hours on a work day and after about 5 hours I would end up with flaked/smudged mascara all over my brow bone from where my lashes were touching. This never happens to me with the regular Lash Blast. So, to recap; this mascara is murder to remove, does not give me volume, can get clumpy and does not hold up too well. Never again will I buy this stuff. On a bright note, this mascara forced me to look for a good makeup remover and I found the Ponds cold cream which I now use every day and it is pretty much holy grail material.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by xoxosophiaxoxo

I love this mascara. I love the wand. I love everything about it. Definitely one of the best mascaras I've tried! It gives my lashes volume without making them feel crunchy and without making them look clumpy. I LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Maycup000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product stays on until you take it off, As lifeguard I need a mascara that does come off when I go into the pool. This mascara will not smug when you rub yours eyes after being in the pool, and easily comes off with my eye makeup remover! This is a must have for anyone who wants a mascara that will NOT run when you get in the water.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

I HATE SPENDING MONEY ON MAKE UP. Yet I spend a lot on high end products as it's almost an investment to look good. I wanted to find a drugstore replacement for my $$$ tubing mascara, but unfortunately there aren't many.

I ended up trying CoverGirl Lash Blast 24HR. It's not going to be my new favorite, yet on the other hand --- this mascara isn't horrible. I think I'll actually use it up before looking for a replacement.

Here are the pros:
-I bought this in the shade Black Gold. I think it's neat CoverGirl offers this sort of shade in the drugstore selection. It was softer on my albino skintone than regular black, & the gold made my green eyes *pop*.
-I like the brush. It's gigantic, but better than the stupid soft puffy wands I'm seeing on the market these days. I was able to coat my bottom lashes without smearing it everywhere.
-It's more waterproof than any other drugstore mascara I've ever tried. I have SUPER oily skin & currently live in hot, humid Dallas. Mascara typically stands no chance & ends up smearing everywhere within 2 hours. It was nice to not look like a panda by the time I removed it.
-Affordable & easy to find. Hence my reasoning for trying it.

Cons:
-Formula is a little bit too dry. It can be clumpy IF you're not careful about application.
-Doesn't come off in tubes...but it's not advertised as a tubing mascara so that's just wishful thinking on my part. :) This really IS waterproof, but tubing mascara is even more resistant.

I think for *most* people out there who have issues with mascara smearing, this would be a great choice. I will eventually switch back to high end.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I really, really love this mascara, I would definitely say that its my new favourite from the drugstore. I did like the Covergirl Lashblast Original mascara but I didn't really love how it did not hold curl and it dried out pretty quickly, I went through about a tube a month. This mascara is identical in terms of the wand to the Lashblast Original which I really liked because I found that wand to give me decent volume and really separated my lashes because I detest a clumpy look. The formula of this is definitely wetter than the Lashblast Original which I like since it doesn't dry out as quickly- I wouldn't really consider this a wet formula but it is right between a wet and dry. I curl my lashes before applying this and away I go with around 4 coats- I love my lashes to look big and bold- why else would you apply mascara? After I have put this on my lashes are very volumized, lengthened and perfectly curled and what is most amazing is that they last like this throughout the entire day. I do notice maybe a tiny bit of smudging if I have had this on for like..10+ hours but I usually don't wear my makeup that long and if I do thats what a cotton swab is for- it wipes up easily. This mascara is freaking amazing. Why I only have this 4 lippies is because it is like impossible to take off with normal makeup remover which is definitely a pain. The only remove I have found that takes this off is the Lancome Bi-Facil remover which is definitely a pretty penny so its kind of annoying that you need a special remover to take this off but I am that invested in my lashes that I will pay the price, still with a bit of reluctance. I do believe that this is an awesome mascara and I absolutely recommend it. For those of you looking to try it definitely make sure you have an oil based remover on hand, you'll really need it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by supnikkki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been the absolute WORST mascara I have ever used. I normally use black mineral mascara by PurMinerals but I decided to try something that was easier on the wallet. Clearly, that was a mistake.

First of all, I dislike the brush. When I applied the mascara, going over my lashes once was definitely not good enough. When I went over a second time, my lashes looked as though I applied the mascara on hundreds of times. My lashes all stuck together - like I looked like I honestly had 5 eyelashes on each eye. You WILL have spider lashes with using this mascara. Secondly, the formula is absolutely terrible. I call it eyelash cement. Despite the fact that this is 24h (which I don't understand why you would need to wear it for 24h seeing as you should take your makeup off while you sleep), this is literally THE WORST mascara to get off. NO makeup remover could take this off. The only way I could remove it was by pinching each lash with my nails and pull along it to remove the mascara. My eyes hated me for it.

What did I learn out of this? Don't be afraid to spend a little more on mascara that is actually good quality, and never settle for something cheap like this tube of cement.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by cobblest