December 18, 2014 | 1776 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I own 4 of these so I do like them a lot this one is ver similar to Berry Smoothie but I like this one better for Fall/Winter because it's a really nice plum that goes well on my cool toned skin. It's also more pigmented on my lips. It's like an MLBB but darker and perfect for my complexion. I'm an NW15 tops green eyes and blonde hair so this shade works well with my pale skin. It's super soft and buttery and lasts longer than Berry Smoothie and Peach Parfait and about the same as Pink Truffle which is my ultimate fav of all of them.
Looks great with a purple smokey eye look that I did and with Benefits Rockateur blush it looked awesome! This is a great colour for Fall and I am very glad I got it because it doesn't dry my lips at all! Though everyone is different. So what is lovely for me might not be someone else. All in all it's a good product imho.

With the name lip butter though it does feel nice on my lips and to me is very moisturizing while it's on. I have to reapply after eating but no biggie otherwise it lasts pretty well. I enjoy reapplying because I like to keep my colour fresh, but it goes the distance out of most butters when you can't put it on. This and Pink Truffle to me are 2 Fall/Winter colours to get. I just need Candy Apple for the Holidays and I'll be complete lol;)

So if you haven't tried these yet this is a great for pale and cool skin tones on darker tones it would probably be a MLBB shade depending on the tone of your lips. It's a good one so give it a shot. Definitely Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought into the hype and picked up a few of the famed Lip Butters. Being pale and on the cooler side of neutral, I decided Sugar Plum would be an appropriate color choice.

And it is! It's a beautiful mauve-y berry color, perfect for daytime. The lipstick (such that it is) deposits a surprising amount of pigment, and the formula smoothly glides on for easy, fool-proof application.

If my experiences stopped right there, I'd be supremely happy with this product and writing a four or five-star review. However...

I find this lipstick incredibly and paradoxically drying. As the day wears on, I can FEEL the moisture being sucked right out of my lips, and by day's end, my lips are chapped and raw (!). In the dead of summer (!!).

The crazy thing is that my lips are NOT high-maintenance. I never supplement with balms or scrubs and the like because I've never before really had a need for them. (In fact, in those rare times when my lips ARE dry, I've always gravitated to MAC Lipglasses or UD's Lip Junkies, which always seem to heal/soothe whatever's going on. Weird, right?) So to have this kind of experience with such an emollient lipstick is...really disappointing. Sad panda.

In short, I would say: if your lips are generally dry, or if moisture is a big deal for you, proceed with caution.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by quicksilverz

This is the perfect everyday lipstick for me. The color is great for my cool-toned complexion. I love the look of lipgloss, but was looking for something a little more professional for the office. My problem with lipstick is that it can look a little too obvious on me without blotting, and I am not too skilled at applying it without a mirror. I can apply this easily without a mirror, it looks great, and no need for blotting. It essentially creates the look of blotted lipstick with a lip balm over it - without the multiple steps. This will be a staple for me going forward.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by mintygreen02

pros- balanced amount of moisture
nice pigmented colors
nice packaging
non sticky
non expensive
goes on smoothly
reminds me of a chapstick but more sophisticated :)

cons- nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by elisemaycooper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely loving this product and colour!! This lip butter is fantastic if you want more of an everyday look without looking overly made up. Yes, maybe they don't last particularly long on the lips as some full on lipsticks but as a lip butter I think that is to be expected. It gives a slightly glossy look without looking or feeling sticky. It is an awesome plummy colour that is great with any look. I have pale, cool toned skin and this colour is fantastic :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by sunshiine13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite color from the lip butters, it looks great with my skin tone. The formula is amazing, I even got my sister addicted to it. A very cute color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

I love these lip butters! This color is gorgeous. It's a subtle lilac color. It's long lasting and doesn't dry out your lips. Will always purchase these lip butters!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by materialface

I bought sugar plum and pink truffle at the same time, and i like sugar plum a lot better. It is a muted berry colour with a little bit of pink in it, and adds a nice amount of sheen to your lips. Both lip butters that I purchased moisturize my lips nicely. I'm really impressed and in love with revlon for this HG lip product for us ladies. The color range is wide. I don't think sugar plum is one of the more popular colors, but its a nice lipstick to have in your collection for those days that you feel like having a berry lip.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My first lip butter and I really love it. It's very moisturizing and gives a wonderful color as well. Definitely would purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by nomnomloot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love most Revlon lipbutters but this is my favorite and everyday one. Lovely. Great packaging. Bought for 4$ in Canada. What else could you ask for?