October 24, 2014 | 1754 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Fig Jam

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Genvieve

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this. Great color (buildable if you want more drama) and texture. It works with almost anything I wear and makes me look more awake. It looks very natural with a tan, but can see this segueing into fall perfectly with richer clothes colors and paler skin. I'm a chapstick/balm addict, so love the moisturizing texture and the fact and the fact that it leaves a natural stained lip as it wears. This is a great basic at a reasonable price. Am always searching for the perfect brownish/red and this comes darn close!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On it's own I don't like it but over WnW 666 liner it's beautiful. I'm going to try this with the other sheer butters.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I never would have purchased this by looking at the product in-store. I love the Revlon lip butters I have tried this far, but the way this color appears in the tube, I would have written this one off as being way too dark and severe for me. But after reading the reviews on here, I decided to give it a try. So glad I did! It is so beautiful! It does remind me of Clinique Black Honey, but in a much better formula. It is very smooth and moisturizing. You can build it up or just use one swipe of it for a sheerer, more subtle color. Also stays on my lips much better than the Clinique. So far, this and Pink Toffee are my favorites, but I love all of them that I have tried so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by jlee92

Love this. One of my HG lippies. Packaging is cute with the coloured quilted cover and silver body. As for the product itself in terms of texture, it is pretty moisturising and has normal wear. Perfectly comfortable on the lips. The colour may look a wee bit insane in the tube but on the lips, WOW. More of a bitten dark red stain (picture the clinique black honey) that gives a sophisticated colour without overpowering the face. What makes this so lovely is also that it allows a lil of your natural lip colour to peek through. Love this when I want a darker lip without going full on vamp (though it does add a tinge of vamp element) Lovely lovely product. Highly recommmended and two thumbs up!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by anarchotics

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm going to buy multiple backups of this colour, because a future without my Revlon Fig Jam Lip Butter is a bleak one.

First off, the name Fig Jam is absolutely spot on. Even without seeing pictures, you can envision the sensory experience of the product. The 'Jam' gives us an idea of a deep, muted reddish translucence, and the 'Fig' adds a brown tone to that idea. So - this lip butter is an autumn-type browny-red with a maroon undertone. It's beautiful. The colour is highly buildable - one layer leaves a stain on your lips that resembles a healthy flush, it literally looks like you just bit your lips and then licked them - how seductive is that? Two layers intensifies the colour into a polished, formal brick red. It's not loud, or vulgar, or obnoxious, it's very very reserved but magnetic. As a fan of goth music, culture and all things macabre, I'd also like to add that three coats onwards gives you lips that Dr Frank N. Furter would be jealous of.

Secondly, the formula is pretty damn great on this one. I think that the formula of the lip butters fluctuates quite a bit - the lighter colours can be patchy or heavy, but the deeper, more pigmented colours glide on like nobody's business. The deeper colours have a sort of 'stained glass' effect - translucent, but still oh-so-powerful, which I guess that the lighter colours lack because they need white pigments in the formula so that they can be opaque and blank out one's lip's natural pigmentation. The darker colours don't have to be opaque or blank anything out to show up, so they have a better formula.

This is the best. I never used to believe that there could be a product that would suit everyone, but you really can't go wrong with Fig Jam.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really gorgeous reddish brown plum shade. I was really skeptical about purchasing it, but after reading all the rave reviews I had to try it. I must say that it is a purchase that I do not regret.

I love that this buildable. It looks scary and intimidating in the tube but it applies sheer. I like to use it with a nude lip liner for neutral finish or with a plum l/l for a stronger / vampy look.

This appears to be flattering on a variety of skin tones and the price is excellent.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This and Pink Truffle are the lip butters I will repurchase for sure! Fig Jam is a reddish plum-brown that always gets me compliments. I love the semi-sheer shine that it gives and it moisturizes my dry lips well. There are absolutely no cons to this product, unless you don't want to reapply every 2-3 hours. It just comes with the nature of the "lip butter" texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

NOTE: The only reason I won't be repurchasing is because I seldom wear makeup and I've already bought three different Lip Butters. I've compared them to the Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks and prefer Maybelline's formula a little bit more, however I do like the shades/colors that the Lip Butters have to offer more so than the Color Whispers.
This is nice if you're just transitioning into wearing lipsticks, but it's definitely not for long-term wear throughout the day. I find myself having to reapply very often, but I do mess with my lips a lot when I know there's something there, so it'll probably be different for someone who's used to wearing makeup. It's not too heavy, but I think it's noticable when you're wearing it, especially if you apply a thick layer. It's not very moisturizing, and in fact I feel like it makes my lips drier after wearing. The price isn't bad for a drug store product, but at about $7 a tube, it's a bit expensive for me because I'm on a budget. So far, this color is my favorite of the Lip Butters that I purchased. It's a sheer brown but it's also got some hints of red that look great on just about any skin tone. This might become my go-to lip color in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey did not give you enough color payoff, than you will love Fig Jam. If you want even more color, top it with Pink Truffle. Beautiful! For skin tone reference, I am pale with warm undertones (I wear Estee Lauder liquid foundation Bone 17 1W1 -think MAC NC15, but more yellow than neutral). And, my natural lip tone is deathly pale... Fig Jam is just what I needed to liven up my face without being overdone. This shade even compliments my olive green eyes. Love the price, and love the product. I have already purchased a backup to keep on me. I highly recommend!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by cakemix

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love love love this lipstick. It's in between a gloss & a lipstick. Goes on soft and sheer. On me it's more of a MLBB with a reddish tint- a color that is everyday wearable with jeans or dress up.

I just bought my 2nd tube of this, one to keep in my purse and one to keep on my vanity.

I was at Blue Mercury when another customer there asked me what my lip color was and what brand. She left the store to go to Walgreens- lol