Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Fig Jam

4.5

on 12/5/2013 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

One of my favourite colours of the range. It's a brownish red that looks like a deep red on my lips (more of a "mature" look, good for autumn/winter). It glides on smoothly. Not that long-lasting or moisturising, and costs a bit more than what I'm willing to pay for here.

on 11/25/2013 10:11:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a very nice color-it looks scary in the tube, but it applies quite sheer (but can be built up for more color).

It's a warm burgundyish plum...and it looks good on me, and I have red hair. I don't think this is "brown", but it is warm enough to wear if you normally can't wear plums, and it's not so bright that it looks garish.

Applied lightly, it's a nice sheer warm plum MLBB color. I like to add a little more, and it really brightens up my face.

The smell is very faint, and reminds me of MAC lipsticks.

I can wear this as a lip balm, and find it a little moisturizing with great staying power. It feels just the slightest bit sticky, but not enough to complain about.

on 11/4/2013 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am a fan of the Revlon lip butters. As others have noted, these are NOT full coverage lipsticks. I look at them as tinted lip balms. So yes, as with most lip balms, you may have to reapply if you want the full look. I also like these because the color can be built up.

Fig Jam is a great fall color. It's a brickish, brownish, reddish color. It's a good color if you're just beginning to wear darker colors. I really like this color and would definitely buy again. So I'll add this to my favorites of the Revlon Lip Butters. The other nice thing with this line is that everyone should be able to find a color that suits their look. There is a wide variety of colors and they are at a good price point. Often, they can be found on sale, most recently I found these on sale at Meijer for under $4. Can't beat that!

on 9/17/2013 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I must admit when I first tried this on yesterday, I was not all that impressed with the color on me nor the color payoff payoff. Then I realized I had to get out of lipstick mode and more in the pigmented more than most lip balm mode and for THAT this is really good. It just may be my MLBB product because this morning when I applied it after all of my other makeup it looks very pretty. I took a lippie off because you do have to reapply often and even though I answered yes to the buy again question, my TRUE answer is 'maybe'.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this one because the MakeupAlley reviewers likened it to Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. It's similar to BH but not quite: whereas Black Honey had a currant-red undertone, Fig Jam is more brown-red. Still, it's a nice sheer shade that enhances my lips. I'm not usually an earth-tone girl--most of my lipsticks run on the cool berry/mauve/wine side--but I'm going to keep this one for a change of pace. It's different enough from the colors I usually wear, but not so different that I feel uncomfortable wearing it.

Again, like I wrote for all the other Lip Butters: goes on smooth, feels good, doesn't last long and needs frequent reapplications...but it's a keeper and would repurchase.

on 8/13/2013 1:58:00 PM

Gorgeous packaging but the cap can get messy. I wore this on New Year's Eve and got tons of compliments! It's a very glossy and sticky texture. My cousin had purchased this also except hers came on as a super sheer / light sheen mauve color while mine was a very Glossy, sheer burgundy plum color. Both were labeled fig jam and in the same packaging. Not sure which one was a dud or whether revlon manufactured them differently. The only reason why I would repurchase is because I have tons of deep reds and gloss to replicate this. But other than that its nice ! I have to wear this with liner bc eventually it bleeds

on 8/13/2013 9:10:00 AM

I love everything about this. The texture is lovely - very, very moisturizing. This color reminds me a lot of the Clinique "almost lipstick" in "almost cocoa", which was my favorite color of that product that was discontinued a few years ago. It does look much darker in the tube than it does on, so don't be put off by that. The color/coverage is definitely buildable. One coat gives me a nice sheen and just a hint of brownish-red, and with more coats, it looks almost burgundy on me. You definitely can't beat the price! I will be buying more of these in other colors!

on 7/25/2013 2:52:00 PM

I really like this. Great color (buildable if you want more drama) and texture. It works with almost anything I wear and makes me look more awake. It looks very natural with a tan, but can see this segueing into fall perfectly with richer clothes colors and paler skin. I'm a chapstick/balm addict, so love the moisturizing texture and the fact and the fact that it leaves a natural stained lip as it wears. This is a great basic at a reasonable price. Am always searching for the perfect brownish/red and this comes darn close!

on 7/6/2013 2:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

On it's own I don't like it but over WnW 666 liner it's beautiful. I'm going to try this with the other sheer butters.

on 5/26/2013 11:58:00 AM

I never would have purchased this by looking at the product in-store. I love the Revlon lip butters I have tried this far, but the way this color appears in the tube, I would have written this one off as being way too dark and severe for me. But after reading the reviews on here, I decided to give it a try. So glad I did! It is so beautiful! It does remind me of Clinique Black Honey, but in a much better formula. It is very smooth and moisturizing. You can build it up or just use one swipe of it for a sheerer, more subtle color. Also stays on my lips much better than the Clinique. So far, this and Pink Toffee are my favorites, but I love all of them that I have tried so far.