NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

4.1

Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla)wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Oleyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipade-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Fragrance. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.27 Aluminum Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), or D&C Red No.36 (CI 12085).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I am on my third tube of this stuff, whipped caviar, MLS15. It is a mauvy pink, with a hint of fuschia. And this stuff is my HG. It is gorgeous and is perfect for my grey hair, neutral fair skins and dark eyes. And, this baby lasts - it lasts through my two cups of coffee in the morning, talking on the phone and sometimes a snack. The finish is not a flat matte, more of a matte with a hint of creaminess.

It is unscented. It has never been drying on my lips as some mattes can be and when it fades, the stain is gorgeous. I love this lipstick - it brightens my face without a heavy or over the top appearance. This is a GREAT product and one of the big reasons I love NYX so much.

on 2/11/2015 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have this lipstick in the color Alabama and I'm absolutely in love with it. It doesn't try out my lips like my other matte lipsticks do. I really want this lipstick in the color Siren but everywhere I go it's sold out. I would definitely buy this lipstick again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely looooove these Matte Lipsticks. Initially just bought Siren, and received endless compliments. The application is smooth, and does not dry out my lips like most matte lipsticks do! Lasted me practically the whole day (I only needed to re-apply after eating). I was hooked after that, so I ran back and picked up 6 more shades! If you are in Canada, Target is having them for 30% off of the $8.99 original price during their "liquidation" sale, so it comes up to about $6.29 +Tax. :)

on 1/31/2015 12:47:00 AM

Love these lipsticks! For the price you can't beat them and they are comparable to many of the high priced brands. Tons of colors to choose from, great packaging, and not drying for me at all. Great staying power and truly matte finish. Can't say enough about them. I have 6 different ones and still want more!

on 1/26/2015 12:28:00 AM

I have this in shade temptress. I love the color however I don't like how it actually dries my lips a bit after just 2 hours. Even w/ lib balm on. Maybe it's just my lips which is dry. Over all, i would repurchase since the color is beautiful!

on 1/24/2015 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product from Next and it was only 3! I wasn't expecting much because of the price and because I've never tried anything by NYX before. I was pleasantly surprised, it's bloody brilliant! The formula is great, very creamy and very long lasting on the lips without being dry. I love matte lipsticks, especially MAC but this gives them a run for their money, the only difference is you don't get that lovely vanilla/chocolate smell/taste.

on 1/23/2015 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in Strawberry Daiquiri and it looks like a pinky reddish color in the tube but on my lips it comes off as a terra cotta. Obviously it's a warm color so it will come off this color on cool toned people so beware.

However it's a great lipstick and I do like the color. It's not drying for a matte and stays put for hours nicely. They are a true matte for me.

on 1/18/2015 4:09:00 AM

The shade ' Alabama' was recommended to me on 'Makeupalley.' It is not the color I thought it was. Based on the website I thought it would be a pale rooiboos color. In real life it resembles ' chilli' by MAC.
The claim to be matte is true. It will last all day,minimally stain cups,and in my opinion just as good as MAC's matte lipsticks. The color is dry though,and it is hard to wash off,so I would not recommend it for daily use,but it's perfect for that special occasion.

on 1/17/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

These are the best matte lipsticks, even better than MAC in my opinion. I have it in the shade Maison & I purchased Nude today. They are very pigmented and a true matte, yet they do not dry or make your lips appear chapped. I love them, I'm ordering Siren from the Nyx website since Ulta is sold complete out Nationally and online.

on 1/16/2015 7:00:00 PM

I bought this lipstick today in Pure Red and I could not keep myself from writing a review. My first NYX product was a lip cream, I loved it, and I had heard good things about the lipsticks, too, so I had super high hopes for this. I put it on as soon as I could get home to take off what I was already wearing. I am so pleased!

I like the packaging for the most part. The lid is very secure, but that also made me have to tug pretty hard to get it off. My only qualm is that I worry I'll mess up the bullet if my hand slips at the wrong angle. Now onto the good stuff!

I applied it straight from the tube, cleaned up the edges, and added more with a lip brush. I love love LOVE this color. The formula is not drying for me; my lips feel awesome and actually really natural. It hardly feels like I have anything on my lips!

It's been on for a few hours now, and I cannot deny that I look in the mirror every chance I get, because I've not found a red I love as much as this one. I will absolutely be purchasing more colors as soon as possible.

Popular Lipsticks