April 24, 2014 | 1955 users online

Lipstick - NYX - NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the NYX matte lipsticks in Perfect Red, Alabama, and Merlot. I love Perfect Red even though its brightness is a little intimidating. It leans a little orange on my skin tone, but still works. I was hoping Alabama would be deeper and it is a little less bright, but is still a really pretty bold and bright red with a hint of brown. Merlot I picked up after the reds and it is a bright pink - totally different than the pinks I usually wear but I like it with a basically bare face. I'm not one of those brown girls that can pull off candy pink lips and Merlot is a nice strawberry pink alternative.
These matte formulas are pretty comfortable and very pigmented. A couple swipes and lots of lip smushing and it blends in nicely. These colors last forever on me and don't budge at all - no bleeding or transfer. It does sink into lines some but doesn't look too dry or cracked and wears off evenly. If I put on a balm first, I still get the matte look, but with a plumper smoother finish.
The packaging is ugly and cheap-looking with so much white text on the matte black tube, but I do like that you can see the color in the middle and the tubes close fairly securely.
For the price, this is a great way to get into the matte trend. Worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by GreatReviews

I have this in natural as I wanted something very wearable for daily wear. Its a combination of a pink and a purple. I love using it as a blush!! It looks really gorgeous on! Good staying power, doesn't try out lips, and costs $12 sdg. I bought Strawberry Daiquiri online so I'm definitely excited to try it out as well! :D Update: Stawberry Daiquiri is a coral pink shade that looks really natural as well on my yellow toned skin. I think that the formula and packaging is slightly different from the ones sold in Asia! It seems to be less pigmented? I'm not certain though. :) Overall, would repurchase! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by vampey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just got this lipstick in the mail yesterday, in the color MLS01 Nude and I love it! It's a lot more pink than I expected, but looks great anyway. It has a nice texture, not too dry and not too creamy. It doesn't dry out my lips either. This lipstick stays on for a long time and doesn't smudge easily.
The only thing that bothered me was the packaging. It looks good, but it can be twisted while its closed which could make the lipstick smear on the inside of the cap. But I guess I'll just have to be careful.
Overall, I'm very happy with this lipstick. It's affordable and looks so nice! I would totally buy this again, and I'm planning on getting some other shades too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by mfguille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Many other reviewers complain about the consistency of the formula, and I agree that it can be ugly, but that is only with the more pale shades. I uploaded a picture (I'm wearing glasses) in which I'm wearing the lipstick in Pure Red. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! It's creamy, super pigmented and non drying. You will need to retouch after eating, but other than that it lasts forever. Highly recommend if you're looking for a matte warm red.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by annm17

Looks horrible on, doesn't look smooth, instead kind of clumps up strangely (not sure if "clumps" is the right word, but something like it) in a way no lipstick should ever do.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by rosb100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love NYX lipstick. Good quality at a decent price. Butter is on of my fave colors. Matte is not dry and does not look like chalk on your lips

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by payjark

These are great DS matte lipsticks. They are very matte but not drying. I have a few and Perfect Red is my favorite. Not much else to say other than that I will be trying a few more colors. For only $6 they're great and Ulta frequently has deals on NYX products and I bought one of these the other day and got another NYX lippie half off (NYX round lipstick in Tea Rose).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by turquoisegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with the NYX matte lipsticks, I absolutely adore them. They are ridiculously affordable and have a really lovely selection of shades to choose from. I currently have about half of the collection, (which is all I need considering my skin tone). My favourite shades are probably Euro Trash or Butter for a natural look, and Alabama for a red. Usually with matte lipsticks one must be careful and watch their lips throughout the day so they don't over-dry, crease, flake, feather, smudge, etc... But with this lipstick, I don't quite find myself running into those problems. I have tried so many lipstick brands ranging from Revlon to Chanel, and I honestly have to say that NYX is really one of the only brands that I can actually stand to wear, and that, in my opinion, has the broadest selection. My only complaint (besides the fact that there should still be more colours), is that after about seven or so hours it does tend to flake just a bit and dry out your lips if you don't apply a balm at least a couple of times during wear. Then again, that could be expected with a lot of matte lipsticks. I would recommend moisturizing your lips prior to application, following up with a good lip liner (I use an invisible one), then finally applying the lipstick with a brush, about three to five coats, blotting in between save for the last coat. This has been my process for the longest time, and my lipstick stays like you wouldn't believe. Like I said, great price, great selection, great quality. It would probably behoove you to get at least one shade of this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by evesolta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Extremely smooth and nice, not drying. Comes off a lot on me thats the only reason i didnt give it a perfect score. Will rebuy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

Nyx matte lipstick in pure red is one of the prettiest bright red lipstick i have ever gotten for a great price from ulta.