December 22, 2014 | 1645 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by brunettebordeaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail lipsticks, no joke! I wish I had realized they carried these at my local Ulta. I now regret buying my Gucci and Chanel lipsticks. I currently have "Butter", which is a unique grayish-nude that would remind anyone of Angelina Jolie in 1999 if you're feeling experimental. Right now I am lemming "Audrey", which is a lush, cool-toned feminine pink, and "Whipped Caviar", which is the perfect neutral-mauve, if not "Eurotrash", which looks like the perfect nude! There's also a deep, true brown called "Maison" and a dark vamp called "Siren"... the list goes ON and ON! I also love how they have a variety of different reds and also unique colors that I don't see MAC having anytime soon. Save your money, but enjoy the beautiful shades, satiny-matte finish, and lack of scent (brownie points)!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by ehartman

I have about 6 different colors and love them all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The local CVS is now carrying NYX products and offered a Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off. Picked up Shocking Pink Matte Lipstick. Color really vibrant and lives up to the matte claim. No shine at all - which I like. But I can definitely see this type of finish will only work if my lips stay in top shape over the winter through exfoliating and moisturizing so they don't get too dry, chapped or flaky. Unfortunately, CVS had a limited color selection. I would consider buying these direct from NYX's website - would definitely like to try one of the reds. Price is very reasonable. The Shocking Pink lasted several hours - some fading after drinking a cup of coffee, but the color was still there.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by chittybear

I've always wanted to try a coral orangey shade for my lips, so I tried NYX in Indie Flick. The colour is fabulous and pops out really nicely. It's very pigmented. However, the drawbacks is that it's pretty dry as compared to other lip products I've tried. I have dry lips in general, hence, the dried skin actually shows after applying the lipcolour. I also feel that it doesn't spread as evenly as other lip products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was eyeing these and decided on two shades and ran to get them once there was a sale. I picked up Whipped Caviar and Merlot.

Whipped Caviar: Ohhh emm gee. I was thinking of getting a slightly more natural and darker pink matte, but I'm not such a pink person. I found this, which is a sort of taupey nude, not too cool though, and I totally wanted it. It was hard to decide between this and "natural" which look super similar but my guess is Natural is slightly more warm and rosey, but just by a very little bit. This color is so perfect. I like that it's different, I like that it's elegant and it goes well with blues or brown toned makeup. It feels great too, I put it on as soon as I bought it. **Side note: I have been looking for a blush in this color family that's not too expensive and I found it in Nyx Raisin, which I had to go to a beauty supply store to find an old one, I think it's discontinued.**

Merlot: Looovee. What a rich beautiful shade. Goes on like a vintage starlets lip color. It's not super vampy and dark, but it's deep and pigmented. More blue, yet still flatters my fair olive skin. I love how this wore. Looked perfect after hours.

Picked up Aria today too! This is pretty. I don't do too many violets but don't have a matte and the sale was fantastic so I grabbed it. I like this, but I like the other two more. This is just slightly less matte. Not shiny but not totally matte. It wore a little less powerful as the day went on than the others did, but it was still decent without reapplying. I was kind of hoping for just a teenny little bit vampier but not quite dark/black looking. It's almost weird, to see it look so purple in the tube but go on so much pinker than it appears. It's kind of bright too. It's ok because I can add a layer of a darker color like Revlon Black Cherry to make it how I want. They call it violet but it def has a dark magenta/fuchsia tone to it. It's a little like Milani Sangria, but I like this more. The color is pretty, it grew on me. Good to have for the price I paid. Will add comparison swatches.

I find their mattes are a little drying but I expect that and still love them. Oh and the tube is cute but it does slide down a little as you apply it. :P That's the only downside though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Blueberry1230

After reading a ton of reviews and seeing that fashion blogger Cara Loren wears it often, I bought Pure Red and Indie Flick. I absolutely love them. Super matte and easy to apply. They stay on through meals, etc. Only a little touch up required. I noticed a little dryness toward end of day but nothing too noticeable. This is one of my favorite lipsticks. I recommend google imaging different colors before buying as the reviews and links to fashion and cosmetic blogs help so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by felicitykeir

Love these! I have mine in the shade, hippie chic and summer breeze I think, and the colour is amazing. They don't stay on for more than 3 hours especially if you're eating, but for the price im happy to reapply

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Curlybird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shades I own, in the order I bought them:

Shocking Pink
Perfect Red
Sweet Pink
Aria
Street Cred

These lipsticks are quite creamy, deeply pigmented and have a decent lasting time, at least, longer than most other lipsticks I own. The formula is a bit thicker than other lipsticks I own, and I think that the formula combined with the the dense pigmentation is an unbeatable combination.There is no scent I can discern in these, which is a big plus in my book.

Shocking Pink is exactly that -- a very bright and bold purplish pink. It's fuchsia lightened to the point of POW brightness. In the bullet, it looks nearly identical to Sweet Pink, but Sweet Pink is a more subdued shade that appears more lilac than pink on the lips. So far, Sweet Pink is my favorite. It's a purpley pink shade but not too bold for everyday wear with simple eye makeup.

Perfect Red is a classic blue-toned red. I think Pure Red (which I don't have) is more of a neutral or slightly warm-toned red. This feels thicker (in a good way) than my other red lipsticks and the staying power on this shade is better too.

Aria is a deep berry shade on me. Purplish, but not as purple as the bullet looks. This is my second favorite after Sweet Pink. I love purple lipsticks for fall....winter, spring and summer! Aria looks like blackberry juice against cheesecake, a concentrated drop of red-tinged purple.

Street Cred is not the color I thought it was. It's not raspberry, as described on the Nyx web site, but a bright, warm pink on me-- coral pink as opposed to berry pink, and a bold shade of coral pink. If you like this kind of thing, go for it. I prefer cool-toned shades and so I will be returning this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Hilbean

Consistently some of the most comfortable matte lipsticks I've tried. Always great pigmentation, leaves a moisturized feeling on my lips, and pretty nice staying power as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I have these in Whipped Caviar and Eurotrash - beautiful colors that are on trend now. While I am happy with the color, I am disappointed in the formula. It's not as matte as I would like and feels sort of slick on the lips. I was not thrilled about the longevity either. Oh well, they are still wonderful colors worth investing in!