October 20, 2014 | 1934 users online

Lipstick - NYX - NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by audiovideodisko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love the product. Whipped Caviar is a must have for fair to medium fair girls. It's the kind of lipcolor that will make people stare at your lips while you talk! The packaging needs to change! It's tacky and looks cheap. The matte plastic is great but the font and writings need to change. Lol! I like pretty lipstick packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried EVERY red lipstick. (Ok, a lot of them.) Being partial to red, I am painfully aware of the challenges red lipstick creates: with red, you have to have it perfectly in place or you are a scary clown lady. It needs to have a thick, rich formula that won't make it look like pieces of your lips are bleeding, an hour after application. It needs to be dry enough not to slide around your face when you start talking or sweating. This lipstick hits all the marks. The lipstick itself is firm so it's easy to apply without getting out of the lines (yeah, liner, concealer, I know but I don't want to do all that.) it goes on feeling a little like a balm but quickly dries without drying OUT. And it covers evenly; and totally. The red shade is very RED, and while I usually prefer blue based reds, this is still a nice color, and not too orangey or bright. To be honest, I've never bought an $18 lipstick, so I can't say how this would measure up to a nicer product, but it doesn't look cheap on, and it doesn't wear off, so you really can't ask for more.

Update: eh, actually after using this a few more times, I'm not a fan of the red. It does look cheap. Consistency and everything is still good, so maybe I'll try this in another color but this red isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Makebeautyhappen246

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick!! It has great texture, and color payoff. I repurchased it and both of them the same shade (Eden, MLS27). The only thing i don't like is the packaging, when i apply more pressure to it, it sinks. This has happened on both of the tubes i bought. I have read things about different shades being patchy, but this shade is absolutley perfect!!! (I reccomend pairing it with the red lipliner to make the color last longer because its waterproof.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I do enjoy a matte lip once in a while so on a whim, I picked up one of NYX's matte lipsticks at Ulta. They normally retail for $5.99 but they were on sale for $2.99. Being a nude lip lover, I went for the shade called "Nude". Nude is a very warm toned pale peach nude. It does have a very matte finish but it looks cheap. The texture is super dry which is expected in a matte stick but this is very dry. This lipstick goes on extremely pachy! Awful, it skips over any moist spots on the lips so you have to go over and over to make the finish look even. When your lips get wet, the color transfers like a bastard and it looks so grainy and blotchy. You can't top this with a gloss to change up the look either. I tried topping this off with NYX gloss in Smokey Look and the finish was horrid. My lips looked like railroad tracks. I really don't know how people like this lipstick. Maybe lack of experience with better quality matte lipsticks. Don't get me wrong, I adore NYX and have a lot of their lip glosses but their matte lipsticks are a bust! I guess I got what I paid for here. I have better results with the MAC matte lipsticks and Chanel RA Velvet matte lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Hrsilver

At first, I completely despised this product. I put on EOS balm before I put on the matte lipstick and it made a world of difference. The packaging is made poorly, when applying the lipstick it slides down the tube. If you do end up buying it, try going for the darker shades instead of the lighter. The lighter shades tend to set in the lines of your lips. The way I go about putting it on now, isn't horrible it's workable. Overall I wouldn't buy a light shade of this product again. The darker shades I would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like these lipsticks alot, & have brought several of them. I wouldn't consider them a true matte though, I'd say they're more of a satin finish. But they go on nice & smooth, don't feel dry at all, & have great pigmentation! Also, I love that they have zero fragrance to them-I'm very sensitive to smells, especially in lip products, so that's important to me. I do wish however that they had more neutral and nude shades in this line-even the one called 'Nude' isn't what I would consider nude-it's a pretty color & I love it, but it's more of a pastel coral than a nude color. Shocking Pink is a great color-I like to sometimes just pat on a little bit for a stain effect, or wear a full coat of it for a bolder statement & it's great sort of like an alternative to red.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by leeyinmei

I bought this on impulse since it was only 10 at sephora singapore. I was looking for a flattering pink and found it. It's called summer breeze. The lipstick applied easily with good color pay off and felt velvety not dry as other similarly priced lipstick. It lasted for two hours and obey needed to be re applied as I had a meal. Overall very pleased. Good quality reasonably priced

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by stef62391

I've always loved the quality and price of NYX cosmetics. Their brand always give you your bang for your buck! I bought their Matte Lipstick in shade "Pure Red" simply on a whim at ULTA and boy oh boy did I fall in love with this lipstick. It is my go to lipstick! One swipe goes on smoothly, pigmented, and is very light weight on the lips! I also own MAC's Ruby Woo shade but I have to say compared NYX's, NYX wins this match! I've always had a problem with Matte lipsticks being too heavy and flaking on my lips, but NYX's formula is rich and so light weight it feels like I'm not even wearing it! I don't have to touch it up too often because it is long lasting! I'm going to have to collect all their shades when I have a chance!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Where have I been, and why have I not snatched these up sooner? That is the question. I am a hard core matte lipstick lover, 90% of my lipstick collection is just that, but no nyx ! Until now... I threw Aria into my shopping cart literally last minute bc I love me some purple , but not expecting the greatest formula. The minute I got home I threw it on. Wow ! I think my head almost exploded with excitement and creative ideas on how/where to rock this beautiful color. This is a very wearable shade if plum purple leaning pink/ magenta. Looks edgy but still classy if I say so myself. Some of my other matte lippies fell a tad heavy, but this baby felt so lightweight I could totally forget I was wearing it. It has great lasting power I would say a good 4 + hrs and when I say plus I mean PLUS. I put this on , went to the grocery , took a nap ( exhausted ;p ) then ate a salad and drank from my daughters sippie. After all that the color was still hangin on. It was just hangin ! It was more of a stain by that point but it didn't look horrible. I was testing the longevity if I was out and about I would have definatly reapplied after eating to freshen and even it out a bit. But umm I'm in love. Like seriously, will you marry me. I want to get some back ups of this color in particular because it's soo beautiful with my medium warm complexion. I think it will be equally as beautiful when the weather cools and my completion cools off as well. I liked it so much I went back to try the soft matte cream... !!!!uhhaa heart attack!!! Love them as well but this is not a review of thoes. I also picked up ( street creed) beautiful warm hot rasberry ish pink. Didn't suit me well way to warm for me , but beautiful none the less. I take good care of my lips always applying Chapstick ( which if you love mattes you know that is a must) no problem with drying at all. These are a winner. Will I reperchase? Really, is there a need to ask.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ImUrAddiction

HG product for sure. I originally hated the product as I didn't know exactly how to apply it. Once I played with it... i fell in love! last a long time.