October 25, 2014 | 1016 users online

Lipstick - NYX - NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by DisNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The pale pink is actually my favorite / go to lipstick. For only a couple bucks it is pretty good stuff. Nice texture and doesnt get cracky or gross, cute enough but not too loud, so it's good to wear whenever.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by jumersmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love these lipsticks but I find that they can dry out my lips, if I pair it with a balm underneath it helps so much! The colour payoff is so good, especially for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in butter beurre. Love, love, love. I really like the color. Stays on good, not too dry, but too moist. This is a winner among matte lipsticks for me. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by audiovideodisko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love the product. Whipped Caviar is a must have for fair to medium fair girls. It's the kind of lipcolor that will make people stare at your lips while you talk! The packaging needs to change! It's tacky and looks cheap. The matte plastic is great but the font and writings need to change. Lol! I like pretty lipstick packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried EVERY red lipstick. (Ok, a lot of them.) Being partial to red, I am painfully aware of the challenges red lipstick creates: with red, you have to have it perfectly in place or you are a scary clown lady. It needs to have a thick, rich formula that won't make it look like pieces of your lips are bleeding, an hour after application. It needs to be dry enough not to slide around your face when you start talking or sweating. This lipstick hits all the marks. The lipstick itself is firm so it's easy to apply without getting out of the lines (yeah, liner, concealer, I know but I don't want to do all that.) it goes on feeling a little like a balm but quickly dries without drying OUT. And it covers evenly; and totally. The red shade is very RED, and while I usually prefer blue based reds, this is still a nice color, and not too orangey or bright. To be honest, I've never bought an $18 lipstick, so I can't say how this would measure up to a nicer product, but it doesn't look cheap on, and it doesn't wear off, so you really can't ask for more.

Update: eh, actually after using this a few more times, I'm not a fan of the red. It does look cheap. Consistency and everything is still good, so maybe I'll try this in another color but this red isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Makebeautyhappen246

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick!! It has great texture, and color payoff. I repurchased it and both of them the same shade (Eden, MLS27). The only thing i don't like is the packaging, when i apply more pressure to it, it sinks. This has happened on both of the tubes i bought. I have read things about different shades being patchy, but this shade is absolutley perfect!!! (I reccomend pairing it with the red lipliner to make the color last longer because its waterproof.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I do enjoy a matte lip once in a while so on a whim, I picked up one of NYX's matte lipsticks at Ulta. They normally retail for $5.99 but they were on sale for $2.99. Being a nude lip lover, I went for the shade called "Nude". Nude is a very warm toned pale peach nude. It does have a very matte finish but it looks cheap. The texture is super dry which is expected in a matte stick but this is very dry. This lipstick goes on extremely pachy! Awful, it skips over any moist spots on the lips so you have to go over and over to make the finish look even. When your lips get wet, the color transfers like a bastard and it looks so grainy and blotchy. You can't top this with a gloss to change up the look either. I tried topping this off with NYX gloss in Smokey Look and the finish was horrid. My lips looked like railroad tracks. I really don't know how people like this lipstick. Maybe lack of experience with better quality matte lipsticks. Don't get me wrong, I adore NYX and have a lot of their lip glosses but their matte lipsticks are a bust! I guess I got what I paid for here. I have better results with the MAC matte lipsticks and Chanel RA Velvet matte lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Hrsilver

At first, I completely despised this product. I put on EOS balm before I put on the matte lipstick and it made a world of difference. The packaging is made poorly, when applying the lipstick it slides down the tube. If you do end up buying it, try going for the darker shades instead of the lighter. The lighter shades tend to set in the lines of your lips. The way I go about putting it on now, isn't horrible it's workable. Overall I wouldn't buy a light shade of this product again. The darker shades I would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like these lipsticks alot, & have brought several of them. I wouldn't consider them a true matte though, I'd say they're more of a satin finish. But they go on nice & smooth, don't feel dry at all, & have great pigmentation! Also, I love that they have zero fragrance to them-I'm very sensitive to smells, especially in lip products, so that's important to me. I do wish however that they had more neutral and nude shades in this line-even the one called 'Nude' isn't what I would consider nude-it's a pretty color & I love it, but it's more of a pastel coral than a nude color. Shocking Pink is a great color-I like to sometimes just pat on a little bit for a stain effect, or wear a full coat of it for a bolder statement & it's great sort of like an alternative to red.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by leeyinmei

I bought this on impulse since it was only 10 at sephora singapore. I was looking for a flattering pink and found it. It's called summer breeze. The lipstick applied easily with good color pay off and felt velvety not dry as other similarly priced lipstick. It lasted for two hours and obey needed to be re applied as I had a meal. Overall very pleased. Good quality reasonably priced