Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I was so, so disappointed with this palette. It's not even available in my country except unauthorized retailers so I had a friend bring me it from overseas and DID I MENTION I'M DISAPPOINTED?

The packaging is beautiful. The case reminds me of those pencil tins I had at school a million years ago and I always for some odd reason loved them. The palette itself is beautiful, the names of some of the eyeshadows make me laugh but when I tried to use the actual eyeshadow I found it nowhere near as pigmented as it claimed to be.

Maybe my eyelids are too pale, but I saw no effect of the bootycall (lightest shade) no matter how many layers I tried to cake on it (I was going for a smokey eye but when the base layer won't cooperate it seems hopeless). The blackest black is a misnomer, and the overall shadows seemed too shimmery even if they're supposed to be half matte. The glitter is out of control, once you layer on a shimmery layer over matte, bye bye matte.

I did like snakebite and tease (med and light brown shades) but they were only 2/12 shades.

The brush that comes with the palette is too broad for me, I prefer a thinner brush so I have more control.

My son purchased this for me as a thank you gift when he obtained fulltime employment. I was using Revlon and Chi Chi eyeshadows prior to receiving this and thought they were good eyeshadows. This pallette has changed my mind about what good eyeshadow should look like. Unfortunately, I will never be able to use cheaper brands ever again because these shadows are THAT good. Did I mention the brush that comes with it? Yeah, well that is also fantastic quality and has lead me to try other Urban Decay brushes. Love, love, love this pallette. Will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Absolutely love it. One of the few products I think that actually lives up to the hype.
I use this palette frequently. It even inspired me to purchase the Naked 3 palette.
The colors are versatile. There are shimmery and matte shades to choose from which provide for a variety of looks for any occasion. The pigment lasts all day when applied after a primer.
It is an expensive palette, but I'd say that it gives you your money's worth because of how often it can be used.
I'm pleased with this purchase and will probably repurchase when necessary.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Not my fav palette. There are more shimmery shades than mattes and the matte crease shade Tease looks grey on my NC35 complexion which isn't flattering. Booty Call, YDK, Suspect, Busted and the black shade look nice.

This is the only UD Naked palette I own and I really enjoy it!I bought one for my daughter too and it quickly became her favorite. The UD Naked palettes are a bit pricey but it really is a nice treat.

LOVE! this has been my go to pallet for years now and I cant get enough of it. I use it almost everyday. everything about this is perfect, the colours how easy they blend, the awesome pigment everything. I love it and I would recommend anyone to go out and purchase it.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Love this palette as compared to the other ones. The packaging is better than 1 but the colors have a mix which are good for a day & night out. Perfect for ur travels cos u don't need to carry anything but this !

I'm glad that I got this palette for a present. I own all 3 naked palettes, and this one is my least favorite. It's supposed to be a cooler toned palette, but has Half Baked and Chopper in it, which are more warm toned, and if you already own Naked 1 then you have Half Baked (which I'm okay with, but for some people, it might not be ideal). I also feel that there is no great transition color, or at least not for my fair skin, because Tease is too dark. I will say that Foxy is a great matte brow bone color though, and Blackout wears well as liner.

For me, I guess, this palette just doesn't look cohesive. The shades almost just don't seem to go together, or maybe I'm just not as inspired by them. The silvers (Pistol and Verve) are great, but I have just as good drugstore silvers. I think Virgin is a better highlight shade then Bootycall too. I guess the weird mix of silvers and warm tones just seems odd to me.

I'm in the minority, but I hate the tin. The big mirror is nice, and so is not having velvet, but I prefer the cardboard packaging style of the original. My friend barely knocked hers over and broke one of the slots to shut it. I like magnetic closures better.

Overall, I guess I'm just underwhelmed by the Naked 2. I still use it, but almost always with something else, with this more of an accent. If I were to lose this, I think I would just pick up the Naked Smokey instead.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Overall I really like this palette. I loved it when I first bought it, but then I bought the Chocolate Bar by Too Faced and Naked2 got bumped to the back burner. I still use it every now and then but I probably won't repurchase. I really love a few of the colors but a couple I just can't find a way to use. I don't use it often enough to justify paying another $54 for the 2 or 3 shades I use. That being said, the shadows are very pigmented and creamy. I was very impressed with the formula on the matte shades. I love the quality of the shadows but the some of the shades just aren't that great.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If you are a minimalist like myself who really only wants one eyeshadow palette, then this could be the one for you! Due to the high price point, I'd recommend you go to a Sephora or Ulta to swatch it and see the colors in person for yourself before investing in this palette.

For me, this palette offers the perfect mix of matte, satin, shimmer, and metallic shades. The colors when swatched are BEAUTIFUL. Yes, there can be some fallout. But this is easily avoidable by tapping the brush a few times after dipping it in the shadow, then you won't have any fallout at all. Speaking of the brush, I use it all the time... it's good quality. The eyeshadows don't apply patchy and are easy to blend. You can create so many looks using this one palette.

The packaging is sleek and not bulky or problematic, especially if it's the only or one of the only palettes you own. I have carried this palette around in my purse and have never had it be an issue. Seems like it would be good to travel with since the packaging is also very sturdy.

Two other pros are that Urban Decay is a cruelty free brand, and also when I received this palette it came with some primer samples that actually lasted quite a while.

Video Reviews & Tutorials