January 31, 2015 | 1009 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Coebags

This was my first large palette and Urban Decay and I was not disappointed. I didn't really experiment with eyeshadow until I got this, I used to just stick to grey, silver and black. Now I experiment every day, I have the Naked 1 and the Naked basics 2 and I wouldn't use another brand now, they are gorgeous.
The texture of them are so soft and easy to blend.. I'm not the most skilled eye makeup applier but I do a great job with these.
I don't rate the brush but I never do like the applicators that you get in makeup sets, no matter what the price. I use my trusty Real Techniques base shadow brush and a Mac 217 and find that it is a perfect partnership.
I have only just purchased Naked 1 so I can't really compare the 2 yet but the colours look beautiful in all 3 sets..I'm not sure that I will get Naked 3 because it looks too pink for me.
It seems pricey at 37 but the 12 shadows last forever and the packaging is both fancy and practical.
I can't recommend this palette enough, it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by VanillaMoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I own all three Naked palettes, but I can honestly say that this is the one that I reach for the most.

I have blonde hair, green eyes and very fair, cool toned skin, and I always found it difficult to find shadows that weren't too warm toned for my complexion. This is where the Urban Decay Naked 2 comes in. The shades are gorgeously cool toned (my favourites being Snakebite and Verve), and compliment my deep green eyes wonderfully. I personally quite like that there's a good mix of shimmer and matte shades in the palette, as this gives it a lot of versatility for me - I can create a subtle day look or a dramatic smokey eye, and everything in between.

The formulation of the shadows is what impressed me the most about this palette. They are buttery, smooth and super pigmented, as well as being very easy to work with, which is a huge selling point for me. They blend easily, and the brush that's included in the palette is amazing! The flat end of the brush is great for packing colour onto the lid, while the fluffy blending end is fantastic for blending out the shadows to create a pretty, seamless look. The packaging is both pretty and sturdy, and gives the satisfying "click" when it snaps closed. My only real complaint is that the primer potion samples are little pods instead of a travel size now. Don't get me wrong, I'll get a lot of use out of them, and I think they're quite generous, but I think the travel size with older versions was a better deal.

Go get this palette!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Lucindalou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the Naked 2 palette today after taking back Naked 3 and wow I love it. The colours are pigmented and show up lovely on my brown eyes..there are some gorgeous golds, beige and browns! I have a feeling I'll be using it a lot, especially Bootycall. It's expensive but worth it I think. You can do the smokey look with the dark colours but I like a nice base on the eye with a darker shadow in my crease!..great for hooded eyes like mine! This is much better than Naked 3 for my olive skin. You couldn't even tell you had any eyeshadow on with that Naked 3, I ended up putting loads on and there was dust everywhere. I'm really happy with Naked 2.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Urban Decay eye shadows are right up there in my favourites for application and lasting power. I have had Naked 2 in my stash for two years and reach for it as often as Naked and Naked 3 as they are all original enough imo to justify ownership of all three :)

I have been using Naked 2 solidly for the last month and really enjoying all the looks and pairing this with other palettes when I'm in the mood for some colour. It makes a great travel option and if you are fair Tease is a great eyebrow powder.

My current favourite subtle everyday look from this palette is Verve in the inner corner as a highlight, Tease blended into the crease and Suspect as an all over lid colour with Snakebite as an upper lid liner and Copper as a lower eye liner.

Not that I'm here to endorse buying everything you can get your hands on - ok I just might be :) For reference I am NC 15 with a definite yellow undertone, my skin is slightly more pale in the winter time and I find I can easily wear all three of the Naked Palettes so do not regret the purchase of any and should I find myself ever completely using up this palette I would be very sure to repurchase.

Unfortunately from NZ and Australia this is more expensive - I purchased mine from beautybay.com who ship direct to either country.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by kramsey111

My sister has just bought this palette and I am very jealous.
I have the first naked palette but after using this one a couple of times I have decided I like this one better, which is really quite difficult because I loved the first one! (this could partly be because the 1st one has lasted so long I feel like I need a change)
Both are really fantastic products, quite expensive but great investment products as they last ages!
I'm very pale and have blonde hair and blue eye, with the 1st palette I felt like something was missing for me but with this one there isn't. I like that with Naked2 there are better base colours for my colourings and there are more silver shades to so its much more versatile, buttt saying this there would be colours from 1 that I miss to!
The final thing that I like better with 2 is the packaging, its a lot cleaner than number 1 and won't show any marks.
Its so hard to decided which to get with these palettes because they all look so good, I think what I will do is when I earn some extra money I might be naughty and treat myself to the 2nd one to! but for now I will just have to keep borrowing my sisters! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by coricora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

When I first got it, I was totally in love with this palette but over the years I found some better ones. I guess the main problem for me is the fallout of some shades, you really have to put alot of effort to not end as a glitterbomb. Primer is definetly needed. I like the colors and how well all the shades work with eachother. I would not repurchase this palette again, due to the fallout of some shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by letsburnbridges

PROS: This palette gives a wide range of cool-tone colors that are great for everyday or night-time looks. Each of the colors are super pigmented, and glide on very smoothly. Even though it seems like you don't get much product for each of the colors, I have used this palette consistently for over two years now, and it still looks like it's in almost new condition. The snap closure packaging ensures that the palette won't randomly open in your purse or travel bag, which is always a great plus.

CONS: There is definitely a hefty cost to pay for the palette, but I still think it's an investment.

FINAL THOUGHTS: The cost of the palette is definitely not ideal, but I strongly believe that the benefits of this palette outweigh the cost. The reason I said I wouldn't re-purchase the item was because I think I can find other palettes with more colors of my preference that I would use more often, especially for the amount of money I am paying for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this palette! The eyeshadows are very smooth, long-lasting, and pigmented, plus the brush was super soft and easy to use! The colours also suitably match my medium-light skin tone :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by berae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been my main palette for almost 2 years! My oily lids won't tolerate cheaper eyeshadows so while $50 is a lot for eyeshadow by my standards, it's gotten a ton of mileage. I have no issues with fallout like others have mentioned but I have a pretty light hand. You can create subtle, flattering day looks to dramatic evening looks with a solid amount of variety in between. I'm only just now starting to run low on a couple pans. When it runs out, I will definitely replace it. My only gripe is that the hinge busted a couple months in and it never snaps closed, but tobe fair I bought it from an overseas seller and it was shipped economy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by SLeal13

I love the colors in this palette. The colors fall down a lot, which is annoying especially this palette is more of a blending palette. Also I think it was made pretty cheap especially for UD because I dropped my palette one time and my 'Blackout' color got totally messed up.