Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/8/2015 5:45:00 AM

To be honest, I don't feel like I'm reaching for this palette much. I love the naked and naked 3 but some how this palette I haven't used so much! The shadows have so much micro glitter fall out... The transition shade tease is so chalky and powdery it just doesn't look nice on my skin. Happy to have bought to complete my collection but haven't been reaching for it.

on 5/26/2015 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This palette is not even close to worth the hype. These shadows have fallout like you wouldn't believe. I HAVE to hold a kleenex under my eyes applying them. HAVE to. They're all VERY powdery and not pigmented in the slightest. Everything can be easily duped. The brush that comes with it is nice I guess, and the packaging is decent, although they took a step down by not having the velvet in this one. The colours are all grayed out and more "blah", the first naked palette is definitely superior and more universal. Just speakin' the truth. ;)

on 5/21/2015 12:39:00 PM

One of my fave eyeshadow palettes, extremely pigmented and I am able to create multiple different looks with it form causal everyday eye to night time eye. Defiantly a must have for any eyeshadow lovers

on 5/16/2015 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This palate was made for those with cooler skin tones. I had the Naked 1 and hated it because it was too warm for me, plus the velvet case got dirty rather fast. it still has a few warm colours in there like (half baked) but those work well with the cooler shades so they're nice to have.

The Naked 2 comes in a metallic container making it perfect for travel, the little brush is made of synthetic bristles so is not that great BUT it gets the job done so no complains.

This one is now my default palate as I've had it since it was first released in 2011, the colours transfer nicely and you have a healthy mix of both matte and high luster in there so it works for both a day or night look. it also has a pure black matted colour which for me is a must.

If you have cooler undertones then this is perfect for a more neutral look.

If you have warm or neutral undertones then skip it and go for the naked 1 or 3, this one was not made for you.

is it worth $50? Yes it is, you'll get alot of wear out of it and it's one of the few overall self contained palates that are of really good quality so it's a good investment.

on 5/13/2015 8:51:00 PM

If you have naked1 there is NO need to buy this. I think naked 1 is much better than this one. I got this one but sold it later because it was unnecessary. It's a good product, just not for me.

on 5/6/2015 10:42:00 AM

First off, I love all three Naked palettes. This is my favorite palette out of the three Naked palettes. I know a lot of Youtubers who don't like this one as much as the other two, but I think the rose-tone colors really compliments brown eyes. I also like the packaging of Naked 2 (and Naked 3, too) since it's not a magnetic box like the Naked 1.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The colours aren't very pigmented and it's very silvery. I am disappointed at how all the light colours (including Chopper and Suspect) have such little colour payoff. It's like GLITTER FIRST then colour second. Which sucks because, for the looks I want to create, I have to remember that the silver glitter appears first THEN I have to patch more colours. It's hard to work with. Then all the silver falls on my cheeks.

When blending, the glitter goes everywhere. I have to apply more just to get the colour to show up, but blending takes away the colour quickly. Thus leaving behind more silver. Thus I have to reapply the colour. It's a mess! But the colours are beautiful when they work, I like Snakebite and YDK a lot. I find I'm not very creative with Naked2, most of the colours work alone and don't work together. I have to pull colours from other palettes and other brands to finish my looks.

Compared to Naked:
Naked is warmer and it works well on my warm-toned, light Chinese skin (C3 with Face & Body Foundation). I find Naked to be much more glamorous than everyday. In fact I use Naked2 during daytime a lot more but the Naked2 looks aren't that special. I enjoy and have fun with the Naked palette, I love the smokey glam Naked creates, and I find Naked's daytime looks to be more elegant than Naked2. The looks I create from Naked2 are simple, casual, and it's probably my warm skin but I can't be glam with Naked2! The golds in Naked work better on me than the grey-based colours in Naked2.

I do prefer the lighter colours on Naked2 than Naked.

Compared to Naked3:
Naked3 also works better on my warm skin, it's rose/pink and it makes me look girly/pretty-type of casual. I love the smokey looks I create with Naked3, they look more natural on me. Naked2's smokey looks are too silvery and glittery, almost white. It makes my eyes stand out a lot but in a bad way.

So yeah it's not my favourite palette. But it's my palette of choice as a gift for my aunt (45 years old but looks 30, beautiful light (cool-toned) Chinese skin, works and lives in Hong Kong) since it's so casual. Naked palette is darker and intimidating! She really enjoys Naked2.

on 5/1/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My go to and my travel pallete. It's perfect for traveling b/c it's all in one and you can create so many looks for so many different occasions with one palette. It packs great in my makeup bag too! This palette has the most beautiful and pigmented colors, it's perfect for any skin tone. I am a fan and I have a lot of different types of makeup! I always get lots of compliments on my makeup when I use this palette. I am fair/medium skin with green eyes and brownish/balyage hair. A definite must have in your makeup arsenal!

on 4/28/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

simply put- yes its worth the hype

yes it is super pigmented, long lasting, gorgeous, easy to blend, comes with a high quality brush..

the packaging is the bone i have to pick, mine never want to close, and after barely having it one of my shadows fell out and i had to re glue, pretty lame right, regardless this is my fav of the nakeds and id buy again and again its lasted me a long while

on 4/22/2015 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Great colors featuring peaches, roses and shades of bronze. Unfortunately, this eyeshadow is not very good for sensitive eyes. My eyes are always irritated after applying it. It seems to be very powdery and goes everywhere. After blending for a long time, it does last. For $54, there are a lot of colors but it's not the right product for me.

Popular Palettes