August 21, 2014 | 1914 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Oatmeal N' Honey Natural Facial Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by playmate420

beads in the scrub are small and exfoliate nicely
does not leave my face red and irritated
affordible
not too strong of a scent
good buy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

Smells so wonderful! I love the smell of sweet Ďol honey like pooh bear :D I use this scrub on the days when my skin is feeling the need of some exfoliating action. My skin feels smoother and refreshed after a good scrubbing with this product.

Itís so affordable as well! Donít use it every day since it might be too abrasive for sensitive skins. A very good supplement for an acne skincare routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this face scrub. The granules are small so they aren't as likely to cause micro-tears as some of the other more popular face scrubs can *coughStIvescough* and the smell is sweet and refreshing. Leaves my face smooth, gentle enough for me to use every day if I want to. Queen Helene is a quality brand.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Juhtima

First off, I will begin by saying I love anything honey. I love how it smells and tastes and I love that it has moisturizing and natural antibacterial properties. With that being said, people who battle blemishes on a regular basis are going to love this exfoliator. Before I stumbled upon this gem, I was using scrubs by St. Ives, Neutrogena, Skin Food, Olay, Clinique, and Origins. Never have any caused such a significant change in my skin. In fact, I always noticed most scrubs left a residue/film after I washed them off. Oh and boy were they all such a pain to wash off. I'd rinse my face probably a good few times until I noticed every grain or bead was washed off my face. Since scrubbing was such a chore, I exfoliated less-which equaled to a less than stellar complexion. Lo and behold! Queen Helene Honey Oatmeal Scrub to the rescue. I bought this from a beauty supply store last week, about 4 days ago and used it on the day of purchase. So on to the review:this stuff seems gentle enough to use everyday; it doesn't dry my skin and the grains aren't too abrasive. I also love that it rinses completely clean and is easy to wash off. The pleasant scent keeps me coming back for more so my skin is smoother, clearer, and less dull. I can't really say this smells like honey or oatmeal. I think it smells like cocoa butter; the smell is not overpowering to me at all. A little bit goes a long way since it's not so thick you can't spread it. I can see this lasting a while even with constant use. Though I love the price tag (dirt cheap), I hate the packaging! It's bulky, ugly, and screams dollar store. Other than that, it's my favorite scrub SO FAR! I will continue to use this and update if I have any adverse reactions.
** For people who have allergies or are looking out for certain ingredients this product includes parabens, sulfates (SLS), nuts, and fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Really enjoying this product!

I bought this to replace my St.Ives Apricot scrub, which I have noticed lately is way too harsh on my skin. Its gentle enough to not irritate my skin, but strong enough to really get the job done. I LOVE the smell, but if you are sensitive to fragrance, you might not like it. Great buy, will always repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a MUST HAVE in my opinion. Go out and buy it now! I love the oatmeal & honey ingredients (although the product itself is not that natural but it is like $3 so come on). The exfoliator in this is ground up walnut shells which is kind of cool but yes you guessed it: very abrasive so BEWARE. Do not use this regularly in other words, it will irritate your skin and cause additional redness.
The consistency of this product is nice, thick but not too thick so easy to apply. I love this product because it has multiple uses for me (if I find that in a product I ALWAYS repurchase). I use this once a week maximum on my face because I have very sensitive skin but I use it a few times a week on my FEET. Haha. It's a fantastic foot scrub! Helps scrub away that tough dead skin and gives my feet a smooth texture. Of course I apply a thick foot cream on afterwards (currently Burt's Bees Almond cream). Then put your feet in some clean socks and it's moisture city! My feet are completely renewed! So my recommendation: buy this product, try it once or twice on your skin to get an idea of how it works for you then try it as a foot scrub! Ha! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hear that oatmeal is a great all natural gentle scrub and honey is supposed to help soften up your skin. I decided to get this so it would be easier for me to use. It was the nice the first time i used it. However the scrub didn't do much for my skin. the fragrance also smells way too artificial. i use it for a body scrub. I still haven't found the exoliator i'm looking for.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makes my skin feel buttery soft and well exfoliated BUT, its also makes me breakout!!! I thought perhaps it was something else causing the breakouts...NO! I stopped using it (for about 6 months). Stumbled upon it in my drawer and thought "what the hay!" Well sure enough, four red bumps on my face in the morning. This went right into the garbage!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by bumped

I used to like it a lot, but now I think it is very harsh. It definitely makes my skin very very soft but I don't rubbing it onto my face at all--I've been mixing it with my cleanser (which is a gel). It's a shame because it works well, but it feels like it's scratching me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

first i have to say that i love all of QH products and own quite an assortment. i alternate them depending on my mood and what my skin needs that day. this one i especially love. first of all, i love the smell.. even after using it a hundred times. i don't know, i think it's just me but i like it when my scrubs and masks have different scents related to the name.
i think the grains are just the right size to not irritate my skin, as long as i don't get too scrub happy. it always leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft.
i'm really surprised to see that it helps people with breakouts! i've always shied away from scrubs when i have a break-out. sometime throughout my life i read that you shouldn't scrub with pimples, but maybe they were wrong and i will give it a try.
i recommend all the products in this line. they are cheap and fun and relaxing and comforting. at least for me. the only thing that sucks is i have noticed that there are some products i've never seen in pittsburgh stores, but know they exist out there someone. oh well, guess that's what ebay and amazon are for!