October 22, 2014 | 1001 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Candy Apple

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Candy Apple might very well be the first tube of lipstick I actually use up before I lose. Touch wood. Where is it now? Somewhere in the hotel room.
This has been my go-to red since the Lip Butters were launched. I love everything about this product - super non-sticky, moisturising texture; lifting colour. It's bright, but translucent enough to not make you seem too dressed up.
The swatches online of Candy Apple don't seem to do it justice. On me, it's a tomato red with a sheen.
My preference is to wear this with pale pearly eye-shadow and a flick of black liner. Retro and modern.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by emandemsinalamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this lipstick! Candy Apple is the perfect pomegranate red. It's beautiful for summer.

Pros:

- Excellent range of shades that will suit a wide variety of skin tones and preferences.
- Candy Apple is a beautiful, summery red.
- Lip balm-like texture is very pleasant and comfortable to wear. Not at all sticky, tacky, or grainy.
- Surprisingly great pigmentation despite its balmy feel. Great colour payoff.
- Coverage can be varied with ease---a quick swipe for a more natural look, or a heavier application for a nice, vivid pop of colour.
- Moisturizing.
- The price is definitely right at around $8 CAD, depending on where you shop.

Cons:

- The only real con is that this requires frequent re-application, but that is to be expected, given that the texture is so slippery. It is not a long-wearing lipstick, but that's the trade-off for having such a comfortable and moisturizing texture.

I would definitely recommend all the lip butters, but especially Candy Apple if you like reds. It's a really fresh, bright red that looks like you just bit into a pomegranate or something. It looks quite natural and is so comfortable to wear. For the comfortable texture, it does last longer than expected---about 2-3 hours on me. It's very pleasant to reapply it anyway, so I don't mind!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by HunnyBear12234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For some reason this color makes my teeth appear slightly yellow which is weird because my teeth are pretty white. Maybe it's just in my imagination, or maybe this shade of red just does not work with my skin tone, but it is not the most flattering on my olive skin. It doesn't look horrible, but I don't feel comfortable with it on because of the teeth thing. It looks better after I wipe it off actually and there is only a little stain there. I do like the lip butters though because they are creamy and will probably buy one in a different color that is more flattering and not so heavy looking for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by 4patti

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Candy Apple is the only Revlon lip butter I have tried, to date. I caved after hearing the glowing reviews and YT testimonials, choosing the color I felt I would wear the most. I love a good red lately and have been wanting to try something that was moisturizing but would still show up. Candy Apple reads on my lips as a true soft red. It is sheer but vibrant enough to be seen, either on its own or paired with a complimentary lip product. On me it doesn't have an orange tint and stays color true its entire wear time. I have worn it beneath MAC Ladybug, which is very close to it shade-wise IME and also over the same l/s (to give it a glossy finish.) I choose to line with Redd lipliner and have not tried a different one, but it would probably work well with any other true red shade. I wouldn't hesitate to immediately buy another of this shade when I finish this one; and my curiosity is definitely piqued to try another shade very soon. I think it's quite an "older lips" friendly lip product and I would recommend it to others who like their reds but do not wish to wear an intensely off the charts lip product- we all know what work that can be. Candy Apple does not present that problem; I can still wear a red lip look even on a casual day but it doesn't look overdone, my lips feel great and I feel like "me" (bright lips). Just what I needed- thanks Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this for 13 cents at CVS with my coupons and store sale. It was well worth the pennies! This is a slightly orange red that is flattering to my skin tone. It lasts as long as any other lip butter, but it leaves a nice stain on my lips that I really like. This pairs perfectly with Tarte AC Natural Beauty Blush and a nice neutral or bare eye makeup look. I will definitely purchase this again, even at full price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In spring with a slight tan on my cheeks this is a really beautiful warming shade - if you are pale with a cool complexion and have never been able to wear corals or scarlets I would recommend you try this, as it certainly works for me. I think it helps that these lipsticks provide a sheer, buildable colour, so you can achieve the exact intensity of colour that you find flattering and appropriate to your complexion. I imagine Candy Apple would suit almost anyone.

This colour can be worn subtly or as a richer shade for evening - it won't provide a film star statement lip but you will feel special enough in this shade and I like the fact that this one tube of colour can take you right through the day to evening.

The texture is absolutely beautiful - not as moisturising perhaps as a vaseline lip balm, but what is? I am seriously impressed by it's feel and have happily used it alone when I find many lipsticks require a layer of balm to feel comfortable. I have not noticed it being drying either. I seem to be lucky that it suits my skin.

The finish is light and moist looking without being highly glossed and there are no annoying sparkles. Even when built up over several layers it is comfortable to wear. There are no nasty flavours or scents to put you off either.

The only problem I have with this lipstick (apart from the fact that I think it is slightly overpriced in the UK) is the spectacularly tacky packaging. Flimsy, translucent coloured plastic that looks like it could have come from a "my first makeup" set for pre teens won't put me off, but it seems a pity to make this gorgeous product look like something you'd find in Poundland (or a dollar store, for US readers). Revlon can, and do, do better.

Needless to say I will be buying this shade again, and am looking forward to trying other colours in the range.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by CandyLatte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great wash of red on your lips everyday! I still put a regular balm underneath this though because it is not that moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by lairyfights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On the bright side: I love the color. It's a beautiful cheerful red that looks bright without being garish, However, as a lip butter, I expected this to be a lot more moisturizing (bought it because I'd run out of tinted lip balm). I won't be buying it again even though I do like the color. It's not moisturizing enough to be a good balm and not long lasting enough to be a good lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by jlee92

The revlon lip butters are definitely some of my fav lip products to use whenever I want something that provides a lil moisture and yet deliver colour as well( and believe me, lipstick junkie here). Candy Apple is definitely one of my most loved shades from the range. Beautiful orange-red and a somewhat different shade. This shade instantly brightens up my complexion and allows me to have my pop of colour without going overboard whenever im in the mood for colour yet not feel like going all out. So glad I picked this up and can totally see myself gravitating towards this shade very often. Also is leaves a nice beautiful reddish stain on my lips even after it has worn off! <3 just love it so much and this lil baby has gotten me some nice compliments too! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by dwducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only lip butter that I own, but I really like it. The candy apple color is beautiful, and looks really good with my skin tone. I only marked it down a point because it isnt as moisturizing as I would like it to be and it accentuated flakes on your lips. I need to apply it over a lip balm in order to wear it, which kind of defeats the purpose of a lip butter to me. I would repurchase but I dont wear it very often so itll be a while before I'm out.