Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

4.4

on 10/1/2014 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Can I first say the packaging is so beautiful! It screams, fabulous! I love when brands think about aesthetic of the product because it makes a difference. When I go through my two dozen of lip products that I have in my purse, (yes I said two dozen) this one definitely stands out from the rest.

Now for the actual product on the other hand. These lip butters set the standard for practical yet pigmented products. When I bought my first tube of Pink Truffle, I thought I was complete in what I thought was the never ending crusade in finding a MLBB color. It's a pinkish-rosy brown color which is a great pinkish nude for tan skin tones. It doesn't wash me out and goes great with pretty much anything whether if it's a neutral look or with a heavy eye look.

Then as other brands jumped on the bandwagon, they were coming out with different consistencies and colors similar to Pink Truffle which changed my preference. I gave mine away when I found the Clinique Chubby Sticks and the Burts Bee's tinted balms because the texture was thicker and not as greasy as the Lip Butters.

The product's name is actually as its description states. Ultimately it depends on your preference. If you like the slippery texture, then you'll love the lip butter. If you're expecting more of a thicker, moisturizing lip product, you may not be keen of it.

on 8/23/2014 11:36:00 PM

I have these in Red Velvet and Fig Jam- 2, one for home, one for my purse; I thought a nice neutral pink would round out the color spectrum nicely, so I grabbed Pink Truffle the other day at Target. I had been considering it, and as it was on sale couldn't resist. I was so happy with my choice- with a pink balm you can't really go wrong! I had been so pleased with the other two shades, and this one did not disappoint. I had started out with L'Oreal Le Balm, but was more intrigued by the Revlon shades, plus I love the packaging- Revlon seems to be adding Chanel touches- see my Whipped Colorstay Foundation review- the quilted design on the Lip Butter case is def a Chanel-y touch..Hmmm, will have to look for others- gold chains, perhaps ??! Would definitely repurchase, i.e., have an extra on hand !

on 8/20/2014 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is MLBB with my pale lips and NC20 skin, just like so many others have said. It's not an exciting color, but it's the most useful of my 12 Lip Butters. Unlike many RLB shades, it doesn't catch and appear lighter on chapped areas.

RLBs vary so much in color payoff that it's hard to make assumptions based on one color. And the formula/packing has major flaws (way too soft for a twist-tube) But if you're still curious, I'd recommend starting with this shade.

on 8/5/2014 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pretty MLBB color. I don't really care for yuong looking packaging of lip butters but I do like the look and feel. Pretty medium pinkish brown, looks very natural and is soft.

on 7/10/2014 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love the lip butter, but have huge issues with the packaging.

This is a moderately neutral, leaning almost brownish, pink. For me, it's a slightly deeper than my lips but better. I'm very pale with rather pigmented lips, and it enhances my natural lip color and adds a touch of healthy sheen. Absolutely lovely.

But! This is the second lip butter I have owned where the bullet does not sit flush with the tube. Hence, as you push the bullet up as you use the product, it becomes a huge mess on the casing. I certainly wouldn't throw this in my purse. This was a huge disappointment, especially since this costs 12-15 euros where I live (Netherlands) and never goes on offer like in the US. A rather expensive investment for a product that quickly turns into a deplorable mess.

It doesn't suck my lips dry of moisture, but once it wears off there is no lingering effect. Because it is rather pigmented, I definitely need a mirror to reapply, and I am lazy and rarely bother to do this. It wears off rather quickly and does not stain. I love the color, but prefer to use the Catrice Pure Shine Colour Lip Balm in Rose and Woody to this. The Catrice product is sheerer, but the packaging is better and it is less hassle overall.

I don't know if the packaging has been a problem for others, but because this is the second lip butter I've had issues with in this way, I'd be hesitant to recommend. I rate the product itself highly because the color, texture, and result are lovely. I wish I could throw this in my purse.

on 6/29/2014 3:31:00 AM

I love this! It glides on so smoothly and easily, and feels really comfortable on my lips. The colour is MLBB on my NC20 skin. I just wish Revlon products were more affordable in Australia. They are very overpriced compared to other DS brands.

on 6/3/2014 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have many lip butters that I hardly reach for anymore, but I decided to pick this up on a whim earlier this week and now I'm upset that I didn't buy this before! This is a MLBB shade for me. My lips are pretty pigmented and this takes it a little step further, makes them glossy, makes them smoother, a bit darker. I like that there's no shimmer or glitter at all. I hate glitter/shimmer.
This has JUST the right amount of brown in it and JUST the right amount of pink. I have a neutral skin tone, leaning cool, but my hair is very warm toned so it's difficult to find a lip color that works for me. This is the perfect every day lip color that I think will go with a lot of different makeup looks. It is kind of similar to the Made-It Mauve Color Whisper by Maybelline.
The formula doesn't last on me but that's because these kinds of formulas just don't stick around for very long no matter what brand or color.
The packaging is also nice, as with all of the lip butters. I've never had them break. The quilted pattern on the side is very cute.

on 5/26/2014 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my favorite lip butter, and my one of my favorite everyday lip products of all time. It's a nice rosey pink with a touch of brown and makes my lips the color I wish they were (they naturally have a very mauvey-blue tone and I look like a dead fish with no lip color on). I like to put this on and then blend it into the lips with my finger, otherwise I find these can kind of just sit on top of the lips and look kind of thick. I find the color lasts several hours but the moisture can wear off before that, so I'll top it with a little bit of balm sometimes. I think this one is very full color and is pretty much just a very moisturizing lipstick. It has no shimmer, and if you're looking to try one of the lip butters, I really recommend this one.

Love this lipstick - lovely moisturising texture. A nice shade of nudey brown but with a hint of dusky pink. A good everyday all rounder for me. Cheap, too and frequently on 3 for 2 at Boots.The only problem with Revlon products is the packaging - no pump dispensers with their
foundations and after a few applications this lipstick doesn't line up correctly when it goes back into the base and so smudges on the casing.

I really like this color. It's a nude brownish pink that I love to wear with a neutral eye. I have to reapply often, because it's very buttery and tends to wear off quickly. However, it leaves my lips silky soft and supple.

Recommended for Medium Skin