New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 1/22/2013 2:19:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm usually a die hard Coty Airspun girl but I was having trouble figuring out loose powder in my vintage compact, so I bought this and depotted it to stick in there. It compares favorably with Airspun -- I swatched them side by side on my hand and this one is just as silky and finely milled. I would say it's not quite as invisible as Airspun translucent and has to be patted and finessed a bit more but it's pretty stinkin good for about $2. I am pretty pale but by no means the fairest person I know, and the Translucent works for me.

on 1/10/2013 7:02:00 AM

I regret buying this because of the chalk-look I achieved after using it.
I wish I had bought a colored finishing powder instead from this brand.
Will not repurchase.
Don't even know who this product would work for.

on 10/12/2012 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Gives me quite a white sheen, even after giving myself a light dusting of the stuff.

Its ok I guess, however I'd probably go for a slightly tinted finishing powder next time to avoid the chalky face look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this product because it is really cheap but it is one of the best things i have ever bought. i use it every day and it is a good thing to just keep in your purse to touch up your face throughout the day!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this for a dollar cause I was no where near a decent place to find makeup. I suggest you apply this with a brush or sacrifice looking like you're on coke. Overall, I was impressed that it kept me matte for an hour (I have extremely oily skin). But this product is filled with parabens and made me break out for the first time in a year. I just bought this for fun at a humongous dollar store I was having too much fun at. My skin is sensitive and it's worth spending $30 for a foundation that won't break you out but keep the skin healthier and match your skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I struggle with a very oily tzone year round but also deal with all over oliness in the summer. I must have a travel friendly shine control powder on me and I always go from brand to brand. I've used this cheap powder in the past with no complaints. I feel that it does a decent job controlling my oil. I wouldn't say that this is longwear, I usually have to reapply throughout the day. The texture is not the best but considering it is a $2 powder, I'm not expecting HE finely miled quality. As for the finish, there is a trick to apply translucent white powder. Never rub/smear the puff of powder in big circles all over your face which I've done in the past. You will get casper face by doing this. When working with translucent powder, always start off with a little and build upon that. Start with a tiny smidge on the puff and pat on the oil spot firmly and roll the puff in a upward motion. The oil spot will be matte and you will not see a white cast by doing this technique. I'm NC40 and by applying this powder the correct way, I don't get a white face. Also, be patient when applying any white shine control powder. Take your time to pat and roll on each oily section until your face is at your desired matte level. For the price, you can't beat it but if you are looking for a more refined texture in a face powder, I would suggest something like Shiseido's translucent powder.

on 6/3/2012 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hate that this has talc in it, but I love it because it works well. I do find that it's easy to put too much on, which ends up making me look chalky. The container is fairly flimsy, but it does the job, and the sponge is utterly useless. I just use a little poof and roll it onto my skin. I probably won't repurchase because I think there are much better products out there, but it's nice to have on hand.

on 4/24/2012 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

um this powder is just okay. it is vey chalky and clings to my dry patches. it does a pretty job of controlling my oil. it also matches my skin but it is a little too dark for me (i am NW05-10 for reference.) for the price it is good. but i do not think i will be buying this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This powder is awful. It doesnt blend in well at all, so you end up looking like a chalky clown. I hate this stuff. I thought for the price I would try it, but I wish I had not purchased this. Would not buy again. I am pretty pale, but I think you would need to be goth to enjoy this, it is way too chalky. Seriously, similar to if you took chalk and ground it up and put it on you face.

on 4/19/2012 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I had to delete the review I did for this product a while back. Unfortunately it's caused me to break out pretty bad. I'm really gutted. I thought it was sooo perfect. It's a great match for super pale girls and it gave pretty decent oil control. I want to love it, but I just can't. I'd still recommend it, but it may not work for those with blemish-prone skin.