October 23, 2014 | 1428 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't belive I have not reviewed this product yet! I have had it for over a year and it still not empty or dried out like the Mac gel pot gets. its very black stays in place easy to remove with a makeup remover of your choice (I use origins oil cleanser or ponds) it will give you clean lines or you can smudge it very quickly, cause it sets fast. but over all cheap large size and works well. Just as good as the more expensive gel pots if not better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by r0san

I'm so amazed by Essence products! Can't go wrong with this gel liner, comparable to the well love Maybelline liners but a fraction of the cost. I paid $3 or $4 CAN for this at Shoppers Drug Mart.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by mrsdecker

This is honestly the best gel liner I have tried. Previously I had tried a couple of gel liners from drugstore to high end, but none of those add up to the essence one!! I hate glossy finishes on my liner, and I LOVE the fact that this has a matte finish. I got mine from Ulta for no more than $3!!! Def bang for your buck

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by misszb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't have much to say about this liner, other that I love it. It's very black and pigmented. It stays on all day. I can't compare it to gel liners from other brands, because I never tried one, but I know for sure that a lot of people prefer it over the raved Maybelline one, MAC, etc. (at least "Melmphs" on YouTube does :) )

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Jayyhoang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i looove this eyeliner! its soo creamy and pigmented. i use it with various brushes (whichever is clean really) and i cant complain about it. BUT it does irritate my contacts. If i get this eyeliner on my contacts... i have to rinse my contacts out and bear with teary eyes for an hour or so. but otherwise i love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by soyamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It glides on smooth, easy to control, very very pigmented, waterproof. I love it.

People are saying it takes too long to set but I just use a black eyeshadow on top and it seems to stay in places all day. I do a pretty big wing so transfers to my crease cause it's pretty greasy but i think that's just the eyeshadow, and my maybelline one used to run down the out corners of my eyes. I like this one way more and its significantly cheaper.

AND CRUELTY FREE

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is a cheap eyeliner but I find it useless, it smudges and doesn't seems to set.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Isti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great eyeliner with a very good staying power.
I even used it on my waterline and it didn't irritate my eyes.

It is very sad this product was DISCONTINUED. At least in Greece it is.
Bring it back!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by judywapner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Recently I went to Sephora and one of the artists taught me a weird technique of pushing gel eyeliner into the root of your lashes from UNDERNEATH. You pull your eyelid up and just smoosh in the eyeliner with an eyeliner brush...this forms a subtle line that makes your lashes look fuller. (I also look terrible with eyeliner ABOVE my lashline, so this was a cool trick to learn!) There is a certain name for this technique, but I've forgotten it.

Anyway, it works best with a waterproof gel eyeliner, which I didn't have and didn't want to buy the super expensive Nars eyeliner the artist used on me, so I used what I had, which was the Essence gel eyeliner.

It does migrate onto my undereye area a BIT during the day, but a quick swipe of my finger gets rid of that.

Overall I'm really loving this product. I've used a gel eyeliner before, I forget which brand but I know it was purchased from Sephora (probably a MUF or Stila?) and I remember it dryed out in the pot RIGHT AWAY! I've had the Essence eyeliner for over a year and it's still nice and moist in the pot!

I totally recommend trying this!

(I have it in black...not sure if they make other colours now?)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by mfguille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OILY EYELIDS REJOICE! I have tried every gel eyeliner out there but nothing passed the test except this. I have hooded, oily eyelids and this baby was awesome.

Fortunately I can now pick this up at Walgreens for about $3.50 rather than buy it online. The only thing I will complain about is the packaging. My eyeliner started drying up withing a week of buying it and I think it might be due to the loose lid. It is a glass jar but the lid does not screw on tightly no matter how hard I try. But even though its drier now it still works really great, but it works better with an angled eyeliner brush than a fine tip when its drier.

Highly recommend! It'll literally last all day on oily lids! For less than $4 you have nothing to lose.