August 28, 2014 | 1085 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by ohbellaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love love love love love!!! Beautiful red lip. Can be applied lightly for a tint of color, or full on with a beautiful, big and bold red lip. Very moisturizing, but still stays put like a normal lipstick. I have about 6 different Lip Butters now, and non of them have disappointed.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

Wow! This product is amazing. It goes on sooo smoothly and makes your lips look buttery smooth. The pigmentation in this color especially is AMAZING - I would say it's borderline a very rich lipstick while still being as moisturizing as a lip balm. I highly recommend and will repurchase other lip butters as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This color is divine. Not too deep red and not too brown. It is a lovely, moisturizing lip butter with minimal staying power. The consistency of this lip balm is quite soft; do not expose it to [too much] heat or it will get really messy. My first red velvet got warped in the tube & i had to purchase a second -- lesson: keep these suckers in a cool spot, always. This color will probably suit almost all complexions -- i think it is gorgeous & suits my olive/pale skin (& brown hair; green eyes). The color looks just like red velvet cake!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by 247swimchick9

First off, LOVED THE COLOR! this is such a beautiful color, that looks great on the lips. the amount of pigment and moisture that goes in to the lips is on point. The lasting power, I have to say it won't stay all day, but maybe like a couple hours at most. It is deifinitely one that needs touching up. But i mean, come on--this is one that actually moisturizes!!! The packaging however, I felt was a little messy. I don't know, it's never really happened to me, but this got messy really fast. i got on to the sides of the container, and on to my fingers, as well as the lid. I have no idea how it got there, because I would wind is down so that none of the product would be out, but it just got messy. so i thought, "maybe it was just this one" nope...i bought another one, and it got messy too. Weird...i like to keep things clean, so its not like im throwing it around and messing with it a ton. But other than that--great product, and you should definitely try it if you're looking for a nice lip color. Also the price isn't too bad, I bought mine for about $7, but then I thought to myself--this is basically a lip balm and lipstick in one, so what the heck, thats not half bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ladypamela1

This is a great formula at a great price to try some colors you normally pass on - like this one, a true red. It's a balmy, smooth formula with very decent staying power and the color, although a true red is very forgiving and can be built up with more than one coat. It wears off evenly too, and is not one bit drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by iluvmakeup12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to give into all the hype surrounding these lip butters and I'm now in love! This is a beautiful deep, creamy red that I think could work on both warm and cool tone skin colors. I think this is a really pretty color for a red winter lip or a vampy look.

Pros:
-Super pigmented
-Buildable color
-Moisturizing
-Leaves a nice stain

Cons:
-Only last a few hours, even less if you eat or drink
-Can feather a little without a lip liner
-For a drug store lipstick I think this product is a little pricey

Tips: While this product is moisturizing I recommend exfoliating and moisturizing your lips for better results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by bisco

This is one of my favorite shades! A nice fall red color that is beautiful on my fair skin. Very pigmented and applies as well as most of the other shades. It doesn't separate as easily as creme brulee, and I get compliments when I wear it. Think of a dark brick, this is kind of along that line. As for longevity, it's not long lasting. But are most lipsticks and balms are? And if they are, they can start to look a little rough. It's got to get a rating of 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Okay, jumping on the Revlon lip butter bandwagon here!

This is a lovely, subtle red that leans slightly blue on me, but I've seen it show up as a true neutral on others. It's not as dressed-up looking as a lipstick, and so much better for everyday wear, which is great - I love red lips, but feel a little overdressed wearing even my favorite red lipsticks when it's just a regular day. Oh, and it's more comfortable than regular lipstick, too! Even with a layer of balm, there usually comes a point in a day where I need to wipe off my lipstick and give my lips a rest, but that point never comes with lip butters, I've found. Glee! However, the flip side is that this rubs off/fades REALLY easily. As in, I find myself needing to reapply it a couple of times a day, even without eating, which is very unusual for me. And if I even just barely touch my finger to my lips, even hours after applying, it comes away with a noticeable stain. So Red Velvet isn't the best choice if you're planning to do a lot of smooching!

Its one big failing is the packaging, which I can't say I'm super-impressed with. The plastic lid feels kind of cheap and tacky, it occasionally slips off when I don't want it to, and the fact that it's semi-transparent but tinted means that it's difficult to see the true color of what you're getting (the clear tops of the regular Revlon lipsticks are one of my favorite things about them).

Overall, this is a nice, deep, understated red that looks attractive without being overwhelming or fake-looking, especially against my light-ruddy skintone. I can build it up for a more matte, evening look (that's still kinder to my lips than regular lipstick), or wear just a few swipes for a lovely, understated push of color for daytime. I actually find myself struggling not to reach for it every day, because it goes with pretty much everything, no matter what I'm wearing or what the occasion is.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by CyborgAnnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite lip butter at the moment. It's very pigmented, with this one it can easily look like a full type lipstick but with the comfortablity of a lip butter. This color is very rich and deep. I was pleasantly surprised by how dark it is. Absolutely beautiful color. If you feel this is too dark, just add sheerly or only add to top or bottom lip and a clear chapstick on the other lip ad blend. I think this color could also be called "Dr. Pepper Lips". Beautiful...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by fz27

This is an almost perfect red lipstick. I started wearing this color because the Revlon Lip Butters seem less intimidating than wearing a full-on red lipstick, and I loved it and still do now that I've become more of an "expert" on red lipstick. The color glides on extremely smoothly, the red is a nice true red. Because of its creamier texture, you do have to re-apply more often than a matte red lipstick, but the plus side is that it isn't drying and it doesn't settle into the cracks of your lips like most matte lipsticks do. I lost my first tube and have already re-purchased a new one. Can't live without it.