April 17, 2014 | 1379 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by iluvmakeup12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to give into all the hype surrounding these lip butters and I'm now in love! This is a beautiful deep, creamy red that I think could work on both warm and cool tone skin colors. I think this is a really pretty color for a red winter lip or a vampy look.

Pros:
-Super pigmented
-Buildable color
-Moisturizing
-Leaves a nice stain

Cons:
-Only last a few hours, even less if you eat or drink
-Can feather a little without a lip liner
-For a drug store lipstick I think this product is a little pricey

Tips: While this product is moisturizing I recommend exfoliating and moisturizing your lips for better results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by bisco

This is one of my favorite shades! A nice fall red color that is beautiful on my fair skin. Very pigmented and applies as well as most of the other shades. It doesn't separate as easily as creme brulee, and I get compliments when I wear it. Think of a dark brick, this is kind of along that line. As for longevity, it's not long lasting. But are most lipsticks and balms are? And if they are, they can start to look a little rough. It's got to get a rating of 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Okay, jumping on the Revlon lip butter bandwagon here!

This is a lovely, subtle red that leans slightly blue on me, but I've seen it show up as a true neutral on others. It's not as dressed-up looking as a lipstick, and so much better for everyday wear, which is great - I love red lips, but feel a little overdressed wearing even my favorite red lipsticks when it's just a regular day. Oh, and it's more comfortable than regular lipstick, too! Even with a layer of balm, there usually comes a point in a day where I need to wipe off my lipstick and give my lips a rest, but that point never comes with lip butters, I've found. Glee! However, the flip side is that this rubs off/fades REALLY easily. As in, I find myself needing to reapply it a couple of times a day, even without eating, which is very unusual for me. And if I even just barely touch my finger to my lips, even hours after applying, it comes away with a noticeable stain. So Red Velvet isn't the best choice if you're planning to do a lot of smooching!

Its one big failing is the packaging, which I can't say I'm super-impressed with. The plastic lid feels kind of cheap and tacky, it occasionally slips off when I don't want it to, and the fact that it's semi-transparent but tinted means that it's difficult to see the true color of what you're getting (the clear tops of the regular Revlon lipsticks are one of my favorite things about them).

Overall, this is a nice, deep, understated red that looks attractive without being overwhelming or fake-looking, especially against my light-ruddy skintone. I can build it up for a more matte, evening look (that's still kinder to my lips than regular lipstick), or wear just a few swipes for a lovely, understated push of color for daytime. I actually find myself struggling not to reach for it every day, because it goes with pretty much everything, no matter what I'm wearing or what the occasion is.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by CyborgAnnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite lip butter at the moment. It's very pigmented, with this one it can easily look like a full type lipstick but with the comfortablity of a lip butter. This color is very rich and deep. I was pleasantly surprised by how dark it is. Absolutely beautiful color. If you feel this is too dark, just add sheerly or only add to top or bottom lip and a clear chapstick on the other lip ad blend. I think this color could also be called "Dr. Pepper Lips". Beautiful...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by fz27

This is an almost perfect red lipstick. I started wearing this color because the Revlon Lip Butters seem less intimidating than wearing a full-on red lipstick, and I loved it and still do now that I've become more of an "expert" on red lipstick. The color glides on extremely smoothly, the red is a nice true red. Because of its creamier texture, you do have to re-apply more often than a matte red lipstick, but the plus side is that it isn't drying and it doesn't settle into the cracks of your lips like most matte lipsticks do. I lost my first tube and have already re-purchased a new one. Can't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by PerfumeMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely gorgeous deep red. A neutral red, which is hard to find..believe me, I have tried lol. This is very long lasting and stays on even longer if you use a liner underneath.

Not too pink, cool or brownish .... again, it's the perfect dark red and works well in day or evening as you can tone it down (or up) accordingly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loke the lip butters in general. Nice smooth, somewhat sheer, moisturizing. This color has a special place in my heart though because it drives dh crazy with lust hahaha! I normally dont wear reds, I like a more natural look. But this red looks ok on my somewhat fair face. And like I said, dh loves it on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wrote that I would repurchase this, although this particular color doesn't suit me so well. I would buy it again, just in another color, probably Cherry Tart. The formula for the lip butters is great! I have dry lips and these are nicely moisturizing and soft, while having decent staying power. I like that they are pigmented but not intensely so. They make for nice everyday lippies.

Now, this color is pretty but doesn't quite work for me, it's a little too brown, I think. I need something a little softer or brighter. I think I'm a little too fair for it, I have extremely fair skin, neutral but leaning warm, probably between an NC10 and NC15, and a smidge darker than Nars Siberia. I couldn't quite pull this off, so I gave it to my mom, and it was PERFECT on her. She's much darker than me, would probably be an NC25, and it almost turned a little plum on her, but it was so pretty. A perfect soft, but deep, pummy red. If that sounds like you, this is worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Perthro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS:
Nice deep red
No irritation
Minimal drying
Buildable color

CONS:
I needed to touch up after few hours, but I didn't expect this to be long-lasting anyway since it's a tinted balm

Overall, nice product for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ONLY CON:
The packaging, (to me), looks sort of tacky.
PROS:
The color is gorgeous and rich.
The formula is delectable and moisturizing!
It's like a gloss and a lipstick all in one.
No scent.
No taste.
Can work as a stain too.
The color makes me feel confident AND sexy.

I recommend this, yalls, but, sadly, I have other formulas that I prefer.

PEACE OUT!