April 20, 2014 | 1842 users online

Lips - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter in Cupcake

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

UPDATE: All my Balm Stains and Lip Butters are getting tossed, as they cause tiny pimples/blackheads on my lipline. Invariably by the end of the day when I wear these. Bizarre, and no thank you!

Whoops. I shouldn't have bothered -- but I saw the reviews here saying this is very highly pigmented. Doesn't show up at all on me, other than perhaps to kind of erase my lips and make me look washed out. One very light application is ok as a colourless lip balm -- except that these lip butters aren't really moisturizing enough to treat as a balm. I can possibly see layering this over a too-deep/bright/warm lipstick, but right now I don't have any of those, so this is going to the bottom of the drawer, where it will probably be forgotten.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by xXVampirePrincessXx

The Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter, is one of my all time favorite lip products. It's really moisturizing, that I don't even have to apply my Nivea A Kiss of Milk & Honey Lip Balm underneath it, even though I still do, since I can't go anywhere without it. But anyways, back on the lip butter, it's nicely pigmented, creamy, and they have pretty colors. I have my color in "Cupcake". It's such a pretty pink, and I would definitely recommend checking it out. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by xoxojordan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cupcake is a very cute shade! Better for the under 25 set, as it isn't exactly "natural" or muted. Its a vibrant cool tone and looks great as a barbie pink. Looks great with bronzer and black eyeliner :)

This color just made me happy- I didn't use it everyday- but rather when I wanted to look more "barbie" dumb blonde ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by highschool101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shade is so cute, the texture is wonderful....I love these<3 They are kind of shear, but you can build them up. This particular shade is adorable, a kind of baby pink. It is cute and looks good on most skin Colors. If you haven't tried this or the other ones- do! They are cheap, pigmented, good quality, and definately feel like butter!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I like how the lip butters have some really unique shades. Cupcake caught my eye as a pale, blue-toned pink. While this formula is just as smooth as the others I've tried, the colour isn't too cute on me. It is very sheer and gives me a wash of cool pink shine. I do like this colour on others but I wouldn't recommend it for NC40s/C7s like myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Annabells117

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Adorable light pink/ lavender!

This is 1 of my favorite lip butters. I own almost all of them. I have trouble finding a light lavender which doesn't look too dumb and blue-toned on my pale warm NC 20 skin, blonde hair & blue eyes.

I find this to be pretty & quite feminine, but not too girly looking to wear to the office. I like pairing this with bronzed looks to make the light cool tone lip shade pop. It also brings out blue eyes quite well.

The texture of the Revlon lip butters is moisturizing. Some are streaky, but this one has a nice, smooth consistency. It's not longwearing. You will need to reapply after eating or drinking. I don't mind that. It doesn't have a smell or taste. The price is good. I will say that you'll use it up quite quickly. Also, be careful as these are soft and will smush.

Overall, gorgeous color, nice moisturizing product, smooth application, & great value. Will repurchase over & over. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Krbeauty14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lip butter is a very light pink, with a blue undertone. My lips are darker, and it gives them a really nice, girly look. I really like this, but I wouldn't really consider it moisturizing. I really love these and I think they have a great selection of color!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I'm sort of mystified on why I wanted this in the first place, but I guess I just wanted to try a light pink. This is a very, very blue pink, which is supposed to look good on me, being cool toned and such. But I don't really get that, because it makes me look like I'm ill. If you're on the lookout for blue pinks, look no further. I could see someone who has an appreciation for candy, light, barbie pink loving this. And no offense if you love this or it looks good on you, but I just dont feel like it could be flattering on most people. I'd say only get this with the expectation of it being on the wild side and if you're into bright colors...but for me this is going in the garbage.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by conniehe

This is a very candy-ish pink!! its a ligh pink with high pigmentation so i was a bit exeptical on how i would pull this off since i dont usually like very bold lips... Due to the cream formulation it has, its not hard to manage the color as you like it! I have VERY dry lips and once i exfoliated them this lip butter worked geniusly!!!

WARNING: dont play with your lips during the day or it will go away..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by robinharmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I Love this lipstick. The pink color is amazing, and the lip butter feels so nice and creamy on. I feel like this one lasts for a long time, i dont have to reapply all the time. of course it doesn't last all day, but i really didn't expect it to. I love to wear it with nyx's dolly pink lip liner. looks amazing