November 26, 2014 | 1752 users online

Lips - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter in Cupcake

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this formula I love the color, pink lavendar but more pinkish nude after a bit. Goes on like NARS roman holiday but is lighter and more sheer. Looks like a gloss on my lips. Reminds me of MAC Slimshines & Estee Lauders stickgloss, put applies not like lipstick finish, stays wet~

Dont get it hot~

Similar to MAC Snob and Gaga Pink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

I love this product and this color. it is light to moderate coverage and glossy but not too high of a shine. this color is great with a smokey eye if you want to achieve that sixities pink-nude lips. this color is somewhat unique in that it is a barbie kind of color. if you are very light to very dark this will look great but if you are medium it will not show up on you. if you like the color but not the shine, apply blot, appy blot again and you will have the most beautiful natural pink.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I heard rave reviews about this product on Youtube, MUA, ect and figured why not? So i went to walgreens and picked this up for $7.99. I was so disappointed.. I thought this would be a softer formula and more pigmented but sadly it wasnt. My lips are naturally a deep mauvey/red color and this color didn't show up much. I do like that it is moisturizing other than that, I'm sad this product didn't work out for me :( I may try other colors.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

At first I really liked this but I soon changed my mind this blends on streaky I just find it hard to work with also I'm not a fan of the lavender lip look which this pulls more on my NC15 skin rather then pink also it melts in the tube and Inevitably deforms the lipstick causing it to break off due to its butter texture not a fan.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

UPDATE: All my Balm Stains and Lip Butters are getting tossed, as they cause tiny pimples/blackheads on my lipline. Invariably by the end of the day when I wear these. Bizarre, and no thank you!

Whoops. I shouldn't have bothered -- but I saw the reviews here saying this is very highly pigmented. Doesn't show up at all on me, other than perhaps to kind of erase my lips and make me look washed out. One very light application is ok as a colourless lip balm -- except that these lip butters aren't really moisturizing enough to treat as a balm. I can possibly see layering this over a too-deep/bright/warm lipstick, but right now I don't have any of those, so this is going to the bottom of the drawer, where it will probably be forgotten.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by xXVampirePrincessXx

The Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter, is one of my all time favorite lip products. It's really moisturizing, that I don't even have to apply my Nivea A Kiss of Milk & Honey Lip Balm underneath it, even though I still do, since I can't go anywhere without it. But anyways, back on the lip butter, it's nicely pigmented, creamy, and they have pretty colors. I have my color in "Cupcake". It's such a pretty pink, and I would definitely recommend checking it out. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by xoxojordan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cupcake is a very cute shade! Better for the under 25 set, as it isn't exactly "natural" or muted. Its a vibrant cool tone and looks great as a barbie pink. Looks great with bronzer and black eyeliner :)

This color just made me happy- I didn't use it everyday- but rather when I wanted to look more "barbie" dumb blonde ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by highschool101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shade is so cute, the texture is wonderful....I love these<3 They are kind of shear, but you can build them up. This particular shade is adorable, a kind of baby pink. It is cute and looks good on most skin Colors. If you haven't tried this or the other ones- do! They are cheap, pigmented, good quality, and definately feel like butter!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I like how the lip butters have some really unique shades. Cupcake caught my eye as a pale, blue-toned pink. While this formula is just as smooth as the others I've tried, the colour isn't too cute on me. It is very sheer and gives me a wash of cool pink shine. I do like this colour on others but I wouldn't recommend it for NC40s/C7s like myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Annabells117

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Adorable light pink/ lavender!

This is 1 of my favorite lip butters. I own almost all of them. I have trouble finding a light lavender which doesn't look too dumb and blue-toned on my pale warm NC 20 skin, blonde hair & blue eyes.

I find this to be pretty & quite feminine, but not too girly looking to wear to the office. I like pairing this with bronzed looks to make the light cool tone lip shade pop. It also brings out blue eyes quite well.

The texture of the Revlon lip butters is moisturizing. Some are streaky, but this one has a nice, smooth consistency. It's not longwearing. You will need to reapply after eating or drinking. I don't mind that. It doesn't have a smell or taste. The price is good. I will say that you'll use it up quite quickly. Also, be careful as these are soft and will smush.

Overall, gorgeous color, nice moisturizing product, smooth application, & great value. Will repurchase over & over. Highly recommend!