Estee Lauder Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder

Talc, Polyethlene, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Magnesium Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl stearate, glycine soja (soybean) Phospholipid, Lecithin, Phytosqualane, Tocopherol, Phytosterols, Linoleic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenoxy-Ethanol, Mica, Iron oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium oxide

on 1/11/2011 12:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have been using EL's Lucidity foundation plus this powder for many years, in my opinion both are the best. I have tried Chanel, Mac, Mercier, McEvoy, Too Faced, Dior and a few other high end brands.
This powder is very silky and applies like butter, it gives a beautiful glow to the skin, it never cakes or looks overdone, I own both the transparent and the first lightest shade (01). I truly recommend this powder for anyone who's looking for glowy/glamorous skin, this does not give a matte effect. Being a makeup junkie Im always looking for new products, after spending tons of money I have realized that I tried plenty of other powders and I will no longer purchase others because they simply did not deliver the results this powder does. I will continue to use Lucidity for many years to come.

on 1/4/2011 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Really love this powder, I use it over Tarte Smooth Operator and apply it with Ecotools Powder Brush. When I am finished all my makeup I then apply I more mattifying powder (maybelline dream matte) just on my t-zone (because I am super oily) and my face looks good for the next 6 hours or so running around at work with no touch-ups. That's almost unheard of for me, I always go blotchy or oily, just a mess after only few hours. I used to use just the Dream Matte but it was not working well for my entire face, started making me look chalky and washed out and it didn't last. Lucidity has a nice dewy finish and light application that lasts, I like the scent as well. I think it's incredibly overpriced and lowered my rating because of that. Otherwise would repurchase, love it!

Edit - Feb/2015 - Just tried this again after straying for a few years. Wow it's nice. Used it today over Tarte BB (no primer) and a light dusting of revlon colorstay pressed down the t-zone after application and my skin looked great all day. Bumping this up to 5. Gorgeous dewy finish, not flat but definitely not oily looking either. Oh I'm using the shade transparent, I have very fair skin.

on 9/11/2010 5:09:00 AM

Well the good thing i have to say is that it is not heavy at all, its actually very light on my skin, i use it after applying my liquid foundation, but i have to say that it is very important that you apply it with a powder brush NOT the sponge that comes with it because it would leave you a very chalky end..
I guess for next time im gonna try something with a little color in it, maybe i dont need much color after my foundation but i just like to know that my powder can stand by itself in case one day i feel like not using foundation at all,,..

on 9/5/2010 9:20:00 PM

I really like the "finished" look this powder gives. It complements the foundation I use well (Estee Lauder Double Wear Light). My only complaint is the very heavy scent, so while I find the powder adequate, I think next time I'll choose something without quite so much perfume to it.

on 8/9/2010 3:56:00 PM

i bought this in the horoscope compact and it's so cute! the powder is fabulous. i had previously been using mac msf natural and it broke my normally very clear but sensitive skin out badly. i got used to rubbing my powder brush into the powder to get plenty and dusting it all over. lucidity has a different texture. it's very firmly packed, so you can't get a ton at a time without some work, and if you do, you will wind up with the chalky face. if you dust a little all over to set your foundation, it's gorgeous. i never need to repowder, and at the end of the day, my skin looks perfect still. also-- something HUGE-- my eye makeup ALWAYS bleeds and creases under my eyes along with my concealer. i've tried benefit's powderflage, make up for ever's hd powder, benefit stay don't stray-- none of them worked for me, and if they did, they'd look cakey and heavy under my eyes. this powder keeps my concealer and mascara and liner in place.without looking cakey or ashy. this really is a great powder.

on 7/22/2010 9:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I've used this on and off throughout my adult life.In my early 20's I was an EL girl-we didn't have access to much else.I ordered this last summer and am now hitting pan-I think (gasp!) I will be getting another one to replace it.
I use this in transparent; it doesn't add color and gives the best finish of any powder (except Origins Silk screen) I've ever used.I've used T LeClerc,MAC,Lancome,Dr.Hauschka,Ben Nye,Alima,Guerlain and a variety of DS powders.Nothing comes close.
For the record,I'm combination to dry,depending on what my hormones decide to do on any given day.I had to go to Fl on a short notice last month (my mother passed away) so I had to pack light,and quick.I threw the EL powder in my traincase without giving it much thought.While I was there (in spite of the circumstances) my skin looked great.I got home and it was blah,despite all the things I was attempting to do to liven it up.Finally,I asked myself what I did there differently than I was doing here,aside from the fact that I was HERE (Maine,the state I despise).Then it dawned on me-lucidity (the powder,not the state of mind.)Bam,passable skin again!
I think most powders suck the oil out of my skin,leaving it sort of stuck in my pores (tiny pores are no treat either) and looking like spackle.Really attractive up close.This one doesn't,thankfully, and doesn't add color-just sets foundation.
Ladies with fair,dry skin who've tried everything as I have-don't overlook EL; it does add some luminosity without being glittery.I'll take it.

on 7/5/2010 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This was one of my first high-end powders, and for years I thought it was the best - until I tried MAC, which I actually prefer now. Still, this powder did well for me for many years. What was incredible about this powder is that the amount of product lasted for a long time (in the large blue compact). However, my mirror cracked about 4 months after I bought it. Then, I was at a wedding for a friend, and another guest was in the bathroom, and we were both re-applying our makeup. I noticed that she had the same compact as I did (the one reviewed here), and she said, "I love this! The only bad thing is that my mirror cracked." I was really surprised, because mine had too! I'm not sure if other reviewers experienced the same, but this is why I am giving it just a 2/5 for packaging.

When I first got this powder and took it home I thought the color was too dark for me. I have an olive skintone and I got this powder in Medium. I just dug this out of my makeup drawer a few weeks ago and I've fallen in love with it. It's perfect to set my makeup and controls my oil. It's light and my perfect powder. Would repurchase.

on 4/7/2010 11:53:00 AM

Works well, just as well as everyother translucent powder sets makeup without the color, which I really like. This can end up slightly cakey if you are not careful how you apply it.I enjoy this powder.

on 3/13/2010 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a fantastic powder! I use this in Transparent and i use it to set my foundation or tinted moisturizer. It helps my makeup last longer without adding colour of its own. What I love about it is the fact that it adds luminosity to my skin making it look vibrant/glowing. It also reflects light so that it draws attention away from my imperfections giving this illusion that my skin is flawless. I LOVE IT! I will always buy this pressed powder. I'm in total love!

July 2013: I came across Guerlain Voyage Pressed Powder in Mythic 01 which I've actually used up and have repurchased. The Guerlain powder is my HG pressed powder for sure. I can't live without that one.