October 21, 2014 | 1809 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garnier - Dark Spot Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by lizmorales

I have a birthmark on my side that has always bothered me when i have to wear bikinis so I've always been interested in dark spot removers but I tried this stuff and used an entire bottle of it and it didn't really do anything other than make my birthmark brighter. I guess it did fade a bit, but it's not the results I was expecting. It's more noticeable now. :( oh well...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Sayalathieo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for little over a month and haven't seen any significant changes. I have dark spots from acne, not a lot but its still something I don't enjoy looking at when I look in the mirror. I was hoping this would at least fade a few of the marks. So far nothing...so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by MegElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this product because of reddish individual blemish scars left on my chin.
I first used this neat on my bare skin, and my initial reaction ( on my incredibly sensitive skin) was patches of small red bums appearing underneath my skin around my mouth and chin.
I was slightly concerned but left it until the bumps had cleared. One week.
I tried it again knowing it is because my skin was sensitive. First, using a standard moisturiser on my face. Left for 5 minutes, and then a light application of the dark spot corrector.

This allowed me to gradually use the dark spot corrector to a point where I could use it straight on my bare skin- I think the red bumps were a reaction to the potency of the vitamin c in the dark spot corrector.

It leaves my skin glowing. I am very pleased with this treatment. It feels like it leaves a film over my skin- not unpleasant at all- that protects it throughout the day. My chin is no longer red- and I believe that the corrector not only helped with colour correction but almost helped the healing of my skin- which was appalling by the time I went to the doctors who prescribed me antibiotics for the state of my skin.

I would buy this product again, which I can now use all over my face after the slight desensitization. I also use Elemis SOS cream at £50 a go, and I feel I get the same glowing effect as with this corrector product despite them targeting different problems, and that I got the Garnier corrector for £7.49! Doesn't take a genius to figure out what I'll be re-buying!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by sillyme168

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for 5 months now, night and day. I have a very oily skin and my skin used to break out often. I have some acne scars as well unfortunately. So I decided to give it a try. I must say when I just started using this product, I was very impressed. The cream felt nice and not greasy at all. My skin felt very soft and it didn't cause any break-outs. So after a week, my skin was better and it felt smoother. What I also very like about this product, is the nice smell.

I noticed that my the acne scars did fade and my skin tone got better and brighter after a few weeks. But it didn't get rid off all of my acne scars/dark spots. Even, this product didn't do everything what was promised, I am still very pleased with it. I was not expecting miracles at all in the first place, especially for that price. I have also tried Clinique Dark Spot corrector before and for almost a year (it was soooo expensive!). And I think that Garnier Dark Spot Treatment does more for me.

This product works fine for me as a good moisturizer. But I do notice now in the summer, my skin gets very oily. so I decided to stop with the Garnier Dark Spot Treatment for a while and try something else to matify my skin. As soon the weather gets colder again, I will definitely start using this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Jamie47

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hope ya'll don't think this is weird but i'm a man. I bought this product to get rid of the age spots on my forehead. It worked great. You have to give it time. I started noticing results after 3 weeks. It takes 8 weeks for the full effect but it does work.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by HoneyT

This smelled great! Made my skin feel moisturized. Unfortunately, I did not see any results after 2 weeks and had to quit using because it made me break out. If applied at night, by morning I would be breaking out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by syntheticaesthetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had extremely bad acne scarring, and after using this product for two weeks it is barely noticeable. I use it every morning as a spot treatment, and let it sink in before I put on my moisturizer. I have some other mild discoloration, particularly at the corners of my mouth, which I haven't noticed as dramatic a change in the appearance of. However, this product was perfect for what I intended, which was the acne scarring, so I can't really complain.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by xkianax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

**I'm an american born middle eastern js**
I wasn't sure whether to buy this or not, considering it was expensive for something out of a drug store.
But I was pretty desperate, because of some pretty bad dark spots and scars left over from acne. (back when I popped them, Ew)
I like the smell of it, and the packaging is only bad because the foil type tube keeps the vitamin c fresh. Though I'm not sure if this did much for my skin to be honest. I used it religiously for a month and a half before I realized it wasn't doing anything. And I noticed my skin had actually broken out more. So the past week I stopped it and my skin has improved alot!
I really wish this worked because all the good reviews got me excited, but no :(
To be honest, I have bad acne and scars on my face so I'm giving up and going in for microdermabrasion. The splurge with be worth it! Groupon has good offers on it locally!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by MaliceInMakeupLand

I have been using this on my back daily to fade pigmentation from acne scars for 5 months now and up to my 8th tube. My back is definitely brighter and even toned, whilst this has not gotten rid of the more deeply pigmented scars this has definitely faded them and has approved the overall appearance of my back. I am no longer afraid to wear backless dresses.

I use a exfoliating seaweed soap daily in the shower and then apply this cream generously straight after. For the price it works really well, as I said previously you can still see some acne pigmentation but only professional laser treatments or high strength peels can fade pigmentation at that severity. I have used everything from expensive 4% hydroquinone which was $50 a jar! Neither have not worked as well and were a waste of money.

The only thing I would recommend with this cream is do not wear nice tops after applying it as I noticed it has started to fade some of my pajama tops.

I hope this product is never discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by VitaLuna7

I purchased this for my acne scars. i love popping the random zits i get and a few bad ones left disgusting dark brown almost purple spots. Have to say I was skeptical due to the price (drugstore brand) but seeing that nothing else really worked I gave it a shot and I am SO glad I did. I used the garnier dark spot peel and this moisturizer after washing my face twice a day and after one week saw results. I also exfoliated and my acne scars weren't too old. All within the year as I recently have started to break out more often. Any zits I popped (i know, i know, gross! but i cant help it) while using this regimen were strangely healed in like 3 days with no scarring whatsoever. ( probably all the vitamin c in the moisturizer) BOTTOM LINE: love!! Worked beautifully for me