July 26, 2014 | 1597 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garnier - Dark Spot Treatment

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by HoneyT

This smelled great! Made my skin feel moisturized. Unfortunately, I did not see any results after 2 weeks and had to quit using because it made me break out. If applied at night, by morning I would be breaking out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by syntheticaesthetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had extremely bad acne scarring, and after using this product for two weeks it is barely noticeable. I use it every morning as a spot treatment, and let it sink in before I put on my moisturizer. I have some other mild discoloration, particularly at the corners of my mouth, which I haven't noticed as dramatic a change in the appearance of. However, this product was perfect for what I intended, which was the acne scarring, so I can't really complain.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by xkianax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

**I'm an american born middle eastern js**
I wasn't sure whether to buy this or not, considering it was expensive for something out of a drug store.
But I was pretty desperate, because of some pretty bad dark spots and scars left over from acne. (back when I popped them, Ew)
I like the smell of it, and the packaging is only bad because the foil type tube keeps the vitamin c fresh. Though I'm not sure if this did much for my skin to be honest. I used it religiously for a month and a half before I realized it wasn't doing anything. And I noticed my skin had actually broken out more. So the past week I stopped it and my skin has improved alot!
I really wish this worked because all the good reviews got me excited, but no :(
To be honest, I have bad acne and scars on my face so I'm giving up and going in for microdermabrasion. The splurge with be worth it! Groupon has good offers on it locally!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by MaliceInMakeupLand

I have been using this on my back daily to fade pigmentation from acne scars for 5 months now and up to my 8th tube. My back is definitely brighter and even toned, whilst this has not gotten rid of the more deeply pigmented scars this has definitely faded them and has approved the overall appearance of my back. I am no longer afraid to wear backless dresses.

I use a exfoliating seaweed soap daily in the shower and then apply this cream generously straight after. For the price it works really well, as I said previously you can still see some acne pigmentation but only professional laser treatments or high strength peels can fade pigmentation at that severity. I have used everything from expensive 4% hydroquinone which was $50 a jar! Neither have not worked as well and were a waste of money.

The only thing I would recommend with this cream is do not wear nice tops after applying it as I noticed it has started to fade some of my pajama tops.

I hope this product is never discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by VitaLuna7

I purchased this for my acne scars. i love popping the random zits i get and a few bad ones left disgusting dark brown almost purple spots. Have to say I was skeptical due to the price (drugstore brand) but seeing that nothing else really worked I gave it a shot and I am SO glad I did. I used the garnier dark spot peel and this moisturizer after washing my face twice a day and after one week saw results. I also exfoliated and my acne scars weren't too old. All within the year as I recently have started to break out more often. Any zits I popped (i know, i know, gross! but i cant help it) while using this regimen were strangely healed in like 3 days with no scarring whatsoever. ( probably all the vitamin c in the moisturizer) BOTTOM LINE: love!! Worked beautifully for me

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a month and it hasn't done anything for my hyperpigmentation. It did help fade some acne scars a little, but not enough to sell me on repurchasing. It smells nice, that's the main thing it has going for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by lolliepoppies

Didn't help diminish my dark spots at all

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by griffo74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided that I wasn't that impressed with this, but decided to use the whole tube up. It was as I got about 70% through it that I started to notice a difference. It has definitely reduced hyper pigmentation (along with using SPF) and does give my skin a more even tone and nice glow. It's good value for money and quite often on offer. I would recommend giving this a chance by allowing enough time for it to do its job. Reducing/fading dark spots usually takes time.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Summerkisses88

Been using this for over a month and it did nothing for my dark spots. Don't waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by ninaflorezbowling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After using this for a few weeks I have noticed that my skin feels much more smoother and hydrated and my makeup goes on very nicely without clumping up or causing any rough flaky patches. So far i have not noticed much of a difference in my dark spots fading but i will continue to use until i see some kind of an improvement. My dark spots are mostly from acne scars and a few sun spots. I am hoping that scars are not too deep and the treatment is able to reverse the signs of scarring. For an over the counter spot treatment i think this works very well but just may take additional time to heal and reverse signs of aging on the skin.