October 30, 2014 | 1515 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by brigidmarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Disappointing. I generally like Maybelline mascara, but this one is just blah. I have long, straight, light lashes. This mascara doesn't do much for them. It's not terrible, it's not much of anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by joeysgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i waited a bit to write a review, so here goes. i am a woman in my early 40's and have noticed my lashes are becoming pretty puny. i usually run back to almay one coat. but i have been on the lookout for a new on so i guess it wasnt my HG. I use my mascara a few weeks for the formula to "thicken up" before i say its a keeper or toss..and this seems to be just getting better and better. i usually use one mascara for thickening and another for length ( i like serious big lashes) but i have found that i am only using this. have not felt the need to look elsewhere..yet. i do wish they would have more of a curling effect..i suppose i could use a curler..(lazy much?) but i will buy again and also going to try the waterproof..its pretty cheap..GO FOR IT.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Floradanica

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara works well for my long but thin, straight eyelashes. The curved brush fits my eye perfectly, which is a help. (My eyes are quite oval/round.) The formula does not flake, which my last, much more expensive mascara did. You need to do a very thorough job removing it; once it's on, it's on! I find I don't really need an eyelash curler, which is a nice bonus. I like quieter, more classic packaging, so the loud, brightly colored graphics of the packaging are a turn off for me. But the mascara performs much better than the gorgeously packaged one I had before, and that is the main thing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by daisyyyxxo

I seriously loveeee this product. I loved how the wand is curved so you can get each and every lash. This made my eyelashes curled, long and full of volume. I bought it twice and i'm going to buy it again soon. The only downside is that it drys out too quickly and it sometimes gets clumpy. But other than that, I love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

Disappointing. I like a small and curved brush, but the product itself does nothing. My lashes look short and clumpy. I have to brush through using a clean wand (I do that with almost every mascara, but in this case it seems to wipe off the product too...) Not good.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by frinhewitt

wow! I bought this mascara along with maybelline the falsies flared in a 2 for $15 deal at chemist warehouse here in Australia. I first tried out the falsies flared and was pretty disappointed, I think because i like length and this didnt provide me with that. So then I moved onto this mascara and i am seriously impressed. Amazing length as soon as its applied and the volume compliments the length so well! It really does give you a cat eye like affect because the wand comes to a curve creating a swept effect on the outer lashes.

Can definitely say from what I personally look for in a mascara, this is definitely a HG

Pro:
-Amazing length
-Good volume
-great formula
-Created cat eye effect

Cons:
nothing so far!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by kings20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HUGE RAVE!!!!! I love the small curved brush as it dispensed the perfect amount of product onto my lashes. Made my puny lashes super long and defined. Didn't do too much for volume even with 3 coats but I am loving the length and definition. Will be trying the Falsies next to compare, but Cat Eyes is definitely awesome.

Formula is semi wet and dries easily. Will update if there is any flaking or smudging. Pricewise - $5 CDN (total steal!) I can't stop looking at my lashes LOL.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by masamim10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got the waterproof version of this product. I actually have relatively straight(asian) lashes that are pretty long. I have tried this a couple times, and surprisingly, the mascara actually curled my lashes. I used this without an eyelash curler, and I saw that the tips curled up, which was nice.

I didn't actually get a dramatic curl, but the tips curled enough that the lashes did not touch the skin under my eyes when I blinked.
I think I may get a better effect if I used it with a curler.

The formula is relatively dry, and the wand is pretty easy to use. It sometimes clumps, so I think it would be good to go easy on the application.

3/5 not an awful product, but not the best I've used.
May or may not buy again. Not sure. It is worth the price but I think I will want to keep looking for other mascaras. I am sure there are better out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by icanhazcheezburger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros to this mascara

-Wings out your lashes, I was hesitant to get the curved wand version versus the regular one because I have never used a curved wand mascara before this one so I didn't know how exactly it would grip the lashes, but I went for it and I love how it widens my eye shape.

-Doesn't smudge or flake, doesn't fade either.

-Easy removal, doesn't leave under eye stains.

-Separates lashes well, no clumping

Cons to this mascara

-I'm not sure if it's because of the curved wand or the way I'm applying it even though I have never had this happen to me before but with this wand, since it grips along the curve of the lash line...It makes my hand push back too much and my lashes end up touching my eyelid, leaving a mark along my eyelid. I may just need to help myself from not pushing the wand into the lashes so much, and more upward and/or tilting my head in a different way.

-Doesn't give much volume as it claims it does.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was a little nervous to try this because of all the bad reviews but I had a coupon for Maybelline and I have to admit, I was a bit of sucker for the leopard print packaging! Let's start with the brush, it's a curved brush and fits the shape of your eyes perfectly. Gets all the little lashes in the corners of your eyes as well. Super easy to use. Not that applying mascara is rocket science or anything but I really like the brush. The brush also doesnt overload with product, it almost looks like there's nothing on the brush but there is. It gets a little product at a time so you dont get nasty clumps. The formula did really well with giving me length and some good volume. It did NOT make my lashes look thicker or fuller though which was a bummer. It can make your lashes look a bit spidery if you apply too much. I do 2 coats and the no more! Anything more than 2 starts to look a little bit scary. It does last all day with me and I even took a nap one day forgetting I had it on and when I woke up 3 hours later it didn't smudge or move at all. But yet it comes off well with my makeup removing wipes, no struggle! It does look very nice once applied, not too over the top, but still looks glamorous. Also as I said, the packaging is super cute. Love anything animal print! All in all, it's a bit tricky to use when it comes to the formula but I love the brush and the staying power. It's not a mascara for everybody, I can definitely say I've had better but for the price it's really not that bad!