Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

3.1

on 1/4/2015 12:55:00 PM

I really do like this mascara. I bought it on a whim when I just needed a 'filler' item at Ulta. Anyway - I like that the brush isn't huge, I can get in the corner of my eyes (both upper and lower) w/out getting mascara everywhere. I can also get away with not getting mascara all over my eye lid as well. It goes on super nice, it doesn't seem as 'wet' as other mascara's have been lately, yet it covers lashes quite nicely.

on 1/3/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This mascara is great at giving a full lash look without clumping! I like how lightweight the formula is, because it builds length and fullness with a single coat, but lashes don't feel weighed down or stiff. The wand is thin, and curved, which makes getting to the base of my lashes very easy to do. I get good definition/separation/length. No flaking or smudging problems. I am on my 3rd tube, so yes, I would re-purchase!

on 12/30/2014 5:41:00 AM

I really like this mascara!! You can build it up, so you have really intense long lashes. I use this at parties and when i just want an intense eye look, and it perfom really well. I doesn't clump all your lashes together, it clumps a little but in a good way if you know what i mean. The packaging isn't the most sexy, but i mean it's whats inside that counts lol

on 12/29/2014 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

this mascara is pretty good for lengthening and darkening lashes if you have sparse asian eyelashes. you just have to make sure you curl them good before applying or else it's gonna look spidery

on 11/10/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This mascara was ok. I guess if you have thicker lashes this product will work on you. I have very thin lashes and was looking for a more noticeable effect. This didn't keep my curl or enhance my eyelashes at all. It did separate them nicely but it didn't add volume as it is supposed to. For now I'll keep looking for something better.

on 10/15/2014 4:43:00 PM

The curved wand included with this mascara makes this a quick go to for everyday occasions. The formula is pretty unimpressive, as is the finish and the pay off, but for an every day mascara this does pretty good. The tube is obviously the seller with this one, who doesn't like the fun cheetah print packaging? It does flake, it can be dry, and really kind of lacks the WOW! factor. So why buy it? It's an average mascara. I like the brush, personally, I and I don't mind wasting it for everyday occasions. It's easy and cost friendly to replace. It's worth trying, I've purchased it several times and have yet to regret it, it just doesn't WOW me. It's not "date night" mascara. Application is everything, though, and this is a reasonable staple. It's "as good" as other drugstore mascaras with a fun package and nice wand. If your expectations don't exceed that, then this is worth picking up.

on 10/9/2014 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I picked this up on a whim because I wanted to explore the world of drugstore mascara beyond my all-time favorite, Covergirl's lash blast volume in waterproof. I picked up Colossal Cat Eyes because I was drawn by the promise of the winged lash that would give a cat eye effect. The wand is curved, which is something I've never tried, and for this reason, I had (and sometimes still do have) a hard time applying this. Plus, it takes me a while to get the result I want, but I have to work fast so it doesn't get too nasty and clumpy-looking. This, plus the wetness of the formula makes it too easy to accidentally leave mascara smudges on my eyelids. I live in Florida and have oily/combo skin to begin with and have stick-straight asian lashes, so my main make-or-break point for any mascara is smudging and its ability to hold a curl, which this mascara does about the same as my LashBlast. I tested this on one eye and Lash Blast on the other, and while the Lash Blast seemed to define my lashes more, the Cat Eyes had a bit more volume. Some days this mascara works really well for me, other days it doesn't :/ I probably won't repurchase this, but I will try other maybelline mascaras that have more user-friendly wands.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

this was pretty average although i have short lashes so never really found a good mascara.

on 10/3/2014 3:44:00 AM

I like this mascara for layering. I use it as my first coat to curl and define. It works well for that, but I could see how people wouldn't like it as much as a single mascara on its own. I would say try it if you like a curved brush and if you typically like Maybelline products.

on 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really have no true qualms with this product other than a longer-than-usual drying time. It doesn't clump and it lengthens my lashes pretty well (to the point where I can't look up while it's drying without getting it all over my brow bone) with a nice, not too dramatic black. I do wish it was a bit more volumizing, but overall it's a pretty solid mascara.