July 24, 2014 | 1780 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Ikvira

I like how it makes my lashes look, but it's not very long lasting. I have the water proof version but it always manages to make it' s way under my eyes. I don't wear eyeliner either! It does it's job but i don't think i'll be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by jmmcd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought the waterproof version of this, and it does give very dramatic lashes, but does not volumize as well as some other mascaras I've tried (mostly fiber mascaras... I'm addicted to them), though it does give fantastic length and really makes my lashes stand out, as well as giving them a little lift and "flaring" them out some. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with it, but my main beef with it isn't so much the volumizing as it is the RACCOON EYES. To be fair, the only mascaras I've used that HAVEN'T given me raccoon eyes have been fiber based or the kind that flake instead of smearing (the smearing is what creates the raccoon eyed effect, which I absolutely HATE more than anything else a mascara can do)... and I should also note this DOES do a very minimal amount of it and I have seen far worse before from a mascara... but that factor alone really annoys me quite a bit, because if it weren't for that, this would make a really good second string kind of mascara for me, and it's available just about in every drug store that sells makeup. They really need to go for a formula that flakes instead of smudges like many other waterproof mascaras do... the whole reason I purchased this in waterproof was because I expected that... usually only the non-waterproof mascaras smudge. That being said, I do like that it isn't as prone to breakage as other waterproof mascaras I've tried, I've even accidentally slept with it on and my lashes didn't suffer any damage. The formula seems to be quite nourishing as well and doesn't make my lashes as stiff as other waterproof formulas tend to.

The packaging is quite horrible in that if the bottle gets wet while on your bathroom counter, you can fully expect the red print to bleed all over the place.

The brush is fantastic... but I really love scoop/spoon style brushes altogether because when flipped upside down (curved side up) it prevents me from getting mascara on my lids, grabs every single lash, and gives extra lift to my already naturally curled lashes. What I especially like about this brush in particular is that it separates my lashes very well, which is very important considering on one eye there's a certain group of lashes that like to clump together. every. single. time. But with this particular brush, I always get them perfectly defined and separated.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by erikakakaka

I came to write a glowing review about this mascara and am so surprised by all the negative reviews here! I am blessed with naturally long and curly lashes and over the years, have literally tried hundreds of mascaras in the search for 'the one'. Well - I am pretty sure I have found it in this one! I HATE clumpy mascaras...I like well defined, thick and full lashes! This delivers just the perfect amount of product onto my lashes. It holds my curl all day and I never experience any flaking or smudging. It makes my lashes look even longer than they are naturally and very voluminous. I have no complaints and have actually just purchased my second tube of it today as I've just finished my first one, (and I have honestly never liked a mascara enough to buy it twice).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by anndiee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Yet another mascara that I bought in the "Original" formula and the "Waterproof" version seems to get much better reviews. However, I am happy with it none the less! I like the thin, curved wand, and the fact that the formula is neither too dry nor too wet. I quickly achieve some length and thickness, and it doesn't flake or smudge on me. I love the leopard print tube, so cute! I will likely pick up a tube of waterproof as soon as the warmer weather hits, but I would repurchase the regular formula too! UPDATE (3/23): I have grown to love this mascara and have already purchased another tube in both regular and waterproof (for summer). I have come to really like the wand and the formula is easy to work with and gives me length and fullness. I am raising this to 5 lippies! UPDATE: (4/29) I am now on my Waterproof version, and like it just as much! It's a little more "wet" than the original, but still same fanned out defined lashes! Will repurchase both and both have reached HG status in my book!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by katyrenae16

This did absolutely nothing for my eyelashes. I don't recommend this at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I was thoroughly disappointed with this mascara. I purchased it on sale with Maybelline's Rocket Express volume formula, because I am out of my Bare Minerals The Voluminzer mascara (which I adore, but have to mail-order). This mascara did absolutely nothing for me in the volume department. It has the traditional fiber-like mascara brush (which I typically like better than the new plastic ones), but it picked up and dispensed almost no product onto my lashes, even after several coats. My lashes ended up very "well defined", aka long and spindly. I wasn't looking for the long and spikey-defined look; I like thick, powerful lashes and this does not deliver. I'm a mascara junkie, and this rates down there with some of the pathetic CG formulas I remember using as a make-up inexperienced teenager.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Natalka1999

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is my favourite from the drugstore so far. My eyelashes are very short, thin and I don't have very many. I purchased this product when it first came out and I love it! It is on the dry side but it's very build-able so I can go for the natural look or dramatic look. The mascara makes my eyelashes long and gives a bit of volume, but it does not hold curl so i find my eyelashes looking straight after a while. My favourite thing about this mascara is how easy it comes off, I can remove this mascara simply with a couple swipes of water. The brush is curved and is the plastic bristle one which I normally would never go for but I find the wand works great on my lashes coating every single one :) The packaging is also very cute and slim. One last thing is that it does smudge on me- but that is most likely because of my very oily skin. I would and will repurchase this product but this time in waterproof. Love this mascara!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by lashenova

I don't know why so many people gave negative reviews for this mascara. I personally found it to be great. My lashes are already decently long, have a natural curl, but they are not very thick. Since I am blonde my lashes are super blonde, and you can hardly see them without mascara. I love this mascara, it isn't clumpy, it makes my lashes super long and pretty. They fan out nicely and look amazing! It doesn't seem to clump and it doesn't irritate my eyes. I wasn't expecting a HUGE transformation. Mascara only enhances what you already have. If you don't have very long lashes it can only work with what you have....But that is why they make false lashes!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by TinaLeNguyen

This is an ALRIGHT mascara, its nothing special to be honest. It's quite clumpy, dry and I feel like it wares off throughout the day. For a girl who loves to curl her lashes this product is definitely not for me and it's terrible at holding a curl and is quite heavy.
Over all it's not worth what I payed for.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Mdens8312

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara dried out super fast for me, the first week it worked well but then I started to hate this mascara. It weighed down my eyelashes and it's gross