October 22, 2014 | 2051 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Cherry Tart

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by underage

This is my favorite red at the moment. It's pigmented but not too overpowering. I also like how it has a slight sheen to it. I have fair skin and blonde hair and I feel like I can wear this for any occasion. I also like how it is moisturizing so it does not show any flakes! Great product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love love love this color! I'm very fair skinned and cool toned with grey eyes, and this is the perfect red with my skin. It's not super bright, and it leans towards raspberry instead of orangey. It's so pretty I want to buy backups so I can have it forever! It feels lovely on, too, very smooth and not at all drying. It does have a little bit of shimmer that to me is more obvious in the tube than on the lips. LOVE it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great red. I have very pale skin and red usually looks too bright on me. I look and feel like a vampire in most reds. I also need a red that is blue based rather than orange based. This lipstick is sheer enough so that doesn't scream at you. It can also be applied lightly or blotted down to a stain. I usually apply it with a lip brush depending on how red I want it that day. The formula is quite greasy so it doesn't have much staying power but it feels great on my lips. It's emollient and perfect for those dry winter days. I would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by pakiaish

So I finally went out and bought the Oh-so-popular Lip Butter, and after watching all the swatch videos on youtube I had a pretty clear idea of which colors I wanted but they colors do look different when you see them in the store. When I looked at my original first pick, Berry Smoothie, it had a lot of glitter in it, (on the top of the tube you can see the color on the inside) So I decided to get cherry tart just because it had such a creamy texture. Upon buying it I have to say its great! its really buildable and can look like a high end lipstick when applied to its full-opacity. I am a huge fan of the Baby lips in cherry me and this is very similar except much more pigmented and softer on the lips. I am definitely going to buy a few more colors. I feel that the lip butters allow you to experiment and try new colors on your lips without the "commitment" associated with a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sexysxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this lovely "Cherry Tart" few days ago from Watsons for SGD$11.90 (U.P: SGD$15.90). It was my first time purchasing Revlon's Lip Range & I am so in love with it!

After applying it, the staying power of this product is longer than my usual lippy. It's quite pigmented, gives my lips a nice shade, neither too opaque nor too sheer, just perfect! Not sticky, not too glossy/glittery, nice finish :)

Overall Review:

Packaging: 5/5

Price: 5/5

Results: A+ (Very Satisfied)

Re-purchase?: DEFINITELY! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by CyborgAnnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is THE red I wear. It's easy too pull off bc it's not to thick or bold as a lipstick and isn't as shiny or sticky as a gloss. So easy to wear. One layer for a sheen of color, two for the perfect red.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by reeseincharge

I have searched for years for a red lipstick/lipgloss that I can actually pull off, and I am happy to report that my search is over! Every shade of red (no matter what tone-cool,warm,or in-between) that I have ever tried has always looked clownish on me, and I was ready to give up on reds altogether. After reading so many positive reviews on Cherry Tart, I decided to give it a shot, and boy, am I glad I did! This shade wears SO beautifully, and doesn't scream "Look at my lips!" It's a gorgeous color with a nice shimmer effect and feels moisturizing, without being heavy or goopy! Love it so much I'm heading back to Ulta tomorrow to buy some backups!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

This was my first lip butter. I am now the proud owner of five but this is my favourite. I always fancied the look of a red lip but not quite bold enough to pull it off. One swipe on the lips and I'm good to go. I've had it for two months and use it almost everyday. When I wanna go neutral, I wear berry smoothie. But this is just fabulous for most days. I'm halfway done and I'd repurchase this in a heartbeat! For reference, I'm NARS Fiji or MUFE face&body 32.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by jwj123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have spent my whole life looking for this red. For some reason red lipsticks either scream look at my lips or turn orange immediately. I love this color and the smooth way it goes on. It is a nice red and wears well enough for me. I wish Revlon had testers so I could see how Fig Jam would look on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Annabells117

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Semi-sheer red that looks dull on me, but may complement other skin tones. It doesn't go on as smoothly as the other shades for me, but it still has some of the nice qualities of Revlon lip butters.

I don't like this shade. It's is 1 of my least favorite lip butters. I own almost all of them. I have pale warm NC 20 skin, blonde hair & blue eyes. This color does nothing for me. It's a blah light red that looks pink. It brings out any redness in my complexion like around my mouth, nose & cheeks. I'm assuming judging by the positive ratings, this looks better on darker or cool toned ladies.

The texture of the Revlon lip butters is moisturizing. This 1 is streaky, chunky consistency. It's not longwearing. You will need to reapply after eating or drinking. I don't mind that. It doesn't have a smell or taste. The price is good. I will say that you'll use it up quite quickly. Also, be careful as these are soft and will smush.

Overall, one of my least favorite lip butters. If you want to try a red and have coloring like mine, I'd suggest Candy Apple or even Red Velvet.