October 24, 2014 | 1664 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by dtm428

I've tried a couple of the colors and I have to say, while I'm a lipgloss girl, these lip butters are wonderful. I love the texture and how soft my lips feel after application. Really nice colors that go with many skin tones. Two things I am not very enthusiastic about with this is that it's hard to get the cover off. The base to tube cover ratio makes it difficult to have anything to grasp onto at the base. Also, when you get close to the end of the tube, the lipstick pops right out - so unless you're careful, you could end up losing a fair amount of product at the end. I've been careful about this when I get near the bottom, but it still pops right out just from the light pressure of application to the lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I hadn't used these in a while when I decided to dig these out and it reminded me ow much I loved them!

They feel super moisturising on the lips and don't dry out throughout the day. The colour is super long lasting but it doesn't fade off in patches, it wears down evenly. I bought these on sale and I probably wouldn't pay full price for them as they are $21.95 here in Australia.

I have three colours (Raspberry Pie, Juicy Papaya & Wild Watermelon) and I look forward to getting more!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by medarrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm getting so close to having every single shade! These things are amazing. They don't provide full coverage and are not like a normal lipstick. The butter definition is right on. They provide a beautiful tint. I'm on my second tube of peach parfait, and my new favorite is tutti frutti. They leave your lips feeling super soft with nice golden flakes. I'd highly recommend them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by RedAngelWings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love love love love this! I have this lip butter in the shade "berry smoothie" (which is a warm rosy pink). This lip butter has beautiful color, is moisturizing, affordable, and great to take on the go! It's a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Susie0205

I have the shade 027 juicy papaya and I love it! Moisturising and like a lip balm but have nice colour! Definitely try other shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by 16chances

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have four of these lippies in Cherry Tart, Lollipop, Macaroon and Sweet Tart. The Revlon lip butters are wonderful. It is not as moisturizing as a lip balm but it is sufficient to keep my dry lips moisturised. The colour pay off is wonderful. Certain colours have a lil bit of shimmer but not glittery on the lips. The staying power is okay but needs to be reapplied after a few hours which I do not mind at all. These lip butters do not run or bleed. With the prices, the quality of these are amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Nutellamonster

This is a horrible product. I have it In cupcake and it is so light that it makes my lips look dead. The color is VERY shimmery so that it looks like a little kids Claire's lipgloss. The lasting power is like 20 minutes. Do not buy!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I purchased Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter on a whim when I found a peachy-nude shade on clearance. The first problem I encountered pertained to packaging. I had to ask DH to open it the cap was that hard to remove. After a couple times it loosened up a bit to where I could remove the cap on my own but it remained the toughest I have ever come across. The second problem pertained to the color. What looked like a medium peach-apricot shade in the tube went on white and clumpy. That was the final straw. Even though it was only $2, I returned it.

My observation regarding moisturizing lipstick formulas and tinted balms is that when they are more oily in feel meaning lighter and less waxy than, say, Chapstick or CG Lipslicks what at first feels so deliciously moisturizing in reality may become drying because without the wax content the staying power is reduced. Whether it's a moisturizing lipstick formula or a flavored lip balm, every time an oil-rich, low-wax product slips off it's actually leaving the lips a bit dryer (not unlike how licking one's lips when they are dry only hastens the drying effect). Old School waxier lipsticks and balms, by contrast, create a protective barrier that seals in the body's own moisture, which is more effective in the long run.

In conclusion, I wish true-wear lipsticks and balms were more prevalent. Not only do they transfer less, wear longer and have a better shelf life than oil-rich products which also makes for a better value for the money the "heavier" formulas paradoxically do a better job protecting the lips from the elements. In short, while I love the way lipstick-balm crossover products by Revlon and others feel when they first go on and I remain a sucker for flavored balms even without effective moisturizers I am not a fan of how much shelf space drugstore cosmetic brands have devoted to crossover lip products. IMHO, these lip butters represent the worst of both worlds in that they are not adequate replacements for ordinary products like Chapstick, on the one hand, nor are they genuine lipstick substitutes on the other hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in love with these lip butters! They have so many shades available, and they all provide a great wash of colour for your lips. Some are more pigmented than others, but none of them are a waste of money. They are hydrating, easy to use and wear, and very affordable! I love them so much!

Here is a video on my youtube channel with swatches of all the ones I have if you want to see them in action!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by vanillablue

I bought this in Sugar Plum. Very nice color, feels great on the lips. It reminds me of Clinique's Almost Lipsticks but it has better coverage. Not quite a lipstick but not a tinted balm either. Comes off very easily so expect to reapply a lot. Will be buying again but not sure if I will get any other colors. I was not really impressed with the rest of the color selection.