December 17, 2014 | 1703 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - sensitive daily moisturizing cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After my skin recovered from chemical burns due to a murad kit I had to change my skincare routine completely from having extremely oily spotty skin to now having very dry sensitive skin!. The avene range got my skin back into a calmer and not as dry state and I still use the cleanser toner and recovery cream at night but I just wanted a slightly lighter moisturiser for daytime, I found this on amazon with great reviews and have been using every day for a month now. I love that it comes in a sturdy sanitary pump action container and one pump dispenses just the right amount for me. It sinks in instantly even though my skin is very dry it still does feel very comfortable all day and my primer and bare minerals sit perfectly all day on top. Will definitely keep buying this great packaging and just the right amount of moisture and no strong fragrances to upset my skin!.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by steff612

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this moisturizer today after long exhausting searching. I have a hard time with moisturizers because parts of my skin are dry and parts are oily. I read the reviews here before buying and I will have to wait and see. It felt a little heavy going on and there really wasn't much a smell which is fine with me since I don't like perfumed moisturizers. I will give it a couple days and get back to you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by EveAmaranthe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried many moisturizers in the past year or two. At least fifteen, some with disastrous results. Out of them all only two haven't made me break out, and this is one of them. The other is only wearable at night, and I really needed something gentle that was suitable for every day wear.

My favorite thing about this product is how quickly it sinks into my skin. For the first time, I can wear moisturizer under makeup without having to worry that my face will be an oily mess in an hour.

It's also very soothing and has no fragrance, which is important for me. I've had reactions to things I never expected, like LRP Toleriane Ultra. I also recently had a bad reaction to an acne treatment, and this was the only thing that helped calm my skin down.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by bhenderson

I'm in my second container of this and I love it. Most moisturizers keep my face oily or break me out, but this stuff is lightweight and absorbs well. I use it in combination everyday with the citrus facial scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by BreAnn21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a full size day cream for free in my Bzzagent Campaign package.

I have sensitive skin that is red at times and I get cystic acne on my chin.

After using the matching cream cleanser I was surprised when I tried this moisturizer and liked it. I usually have oily skin but the winter and wind has been wrecking havoc on my face making it very dry. I think I will continue to use this instead of my lighter weight gel moisturizer for the rest of the winter. It is creamy and smooth and seems to have no scent. It absorbs quickly and you don't need a lot.

I love the pump. Keeps the cream sanitary.

I will be using this moisturizer when my skin is dry and flakey.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this product like many of the other reviewers through BuzzAgent. Although I understand reviews can be flagged and removed if they are part of marketing campaigns, I still think my review should stay because it is honest. I won't play something up just because I got it for free, etc.

Anyway, on to the review:

I have oily and acne prone skin with some dry spots due to the acne. I am not a fan of this moisturizer. In fact, I actually hate it for my skin/skin type. I think it's much too heavy as a day cream. Within an hour my skin was an oil slick. I wouldn't leave my home with this on my face. After trying this for a week I gave up and ended up giving it away to someone.

It's unfortunate that it's selective in who it would work for. I think this would be somewhat decent only for those with EXTREMELY dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Foxy_C

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a BzzAgent and I got this as part of a BzzCampaign I just joined. I received a full-sized tube of the Burtís Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser and the Daily Moisturizing Cream. They claim to be 99.0% natural and looking at the ingredients, I agree. The majority of the ingredients are of botanical extracts, with some cocoa butter, aloe, cotton extract, rice extract and other natural ingredients. Only the bottom few ingredients are of colour and maybe some preservatives. I joined this campaign because I sometimes have sensitive skin. I also have eczema on my neck and cheeks. I will be updating this review as time goes by.

First Impression: I love it! It comes in a pump tube, so it's hygienic. It's fragrance free. I love how it starts off creamy then settles into your skin without leaving a greasy film behind. It didn't irritate my eczema at all, in fact, since using these products my skin has gotten better :). I do plan on using this all up and I do love it already. Prior to receiving this package, I was using Avon's Ultimate Age Defying Cream..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Calina_Oscura76

I received this product along with the cleanser from the same line of sensitive skin products from the Bzz campaign.. here are my two cents worth.
I was pleasantly surprised with this cream. Practically no odor, which is nice, and it feels nice going in IF the skin is still damp.. I found it hard to spread around otherwise, because my skin literally sucked this stuff up.. it sinks in beautifully .. and awfully quick.. lol.. too quick.. thus the suggestion to apply it to slightly damp skin.

No irritation, and my skin is very soft after applying this, I prefer this to the cleanser and I may very well keep this on hand especially for the winter months.. as i found it out performs some very expensive skin creams and lotions I presently have in my bathroom as I type this. I believe it goes for 24.99 CAD at my local SDM.. not too bad considering I have not reacted poorly to the product thus far. :) BONUS: no SPF. I know, everyone should use it.. but there are some of us poor souls, that burn with SPF. and burn badly. or react to it, rash, itchiness.. acne.. etc.. So I prefer my lotions and creams remain SPF free.

One one beef .. again.. the packaging.. the pump is kind of sketchy.. sometimes too much comes out.. some times not enough, and it feels like the pump is loose and the container will break after some time... will have to see about that..I hope it doesn't. otherwise, I am liking this moisturizer so far. I think it would be too heavy for the summer however. IMO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Had to leave a review for this because I am so pleasantly surprised by how wonderful it makes my skin feel! I usually make my own facial lotions but I was away and my skin felt dry and tight and my little travel jar of my homemeade goodies wasnt quite enough. It was 10 degrees out and my skin was parched. I was afraid to try anything new because it seems like every time I try a new product, I break out with cysts on my chin. 3 days after the start of a new cream, like clock work. I wouldnt believe it if I didnt see it for myself. Anyway, I like most burts bees products and they are very natural for mainstream drugstore products, so I tend to gravitate to them. My skin was already sensitized when I bought this...I had used a bp product for an emerging cyst from a sample of some other product I had used and the bp seemed to really make my skin go haywire. Dry and painful (o..and the cyst was still there!..good times).This was the best thing I could find that seemed gentle and was for sensitive skin. There is barely any scent to me, if at all. It absorbs quickly and after a month of daily use..no cysts! It could be a little more hydrating for my winter skin, but I feel that this is a great year round moisturizer. If your skin is really dry in areas, you can put on a second layer without getting any build up. You could also put another intensive moisturizer over it with no ill effects. I usually just put on a second layer on the super dry areas or use my homemade intensive moisturizer over it. Cant recommend highly enough!..And I am usually very critical of moisturizers..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by cr1000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it. It' goes on silky smooth and leaves my skin feeling soft. I like the soft fresh scent. I also like that that scent doesn't stick around for long after application.
I've used it on days when my skin was really dry and it was fine. I prefer something a bit more intense for those days, but for the most part I think you could probably use this every day of the year.