August 23, 2014 | 1416 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - sensitive daily moisturizing cream

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this product like many of the other reviewers through BuzzAgent. Although I understand reviews can be flagged and removed if they are part of marketing campaigns, I still think my review should stay because it is honest. I won't play something up just because I got it for free, etc.

Anyway, on to the review:

I have oily and acne prone skin with some dry spots due to the acne. I am not a fan of this moisturizer. In fact, I actually hate it for my skin/skin type. I think it's much too heavy as a day cream. Within an hour my skin was an oil slick. I wouldn't leave my home with this on my face. After trying this for a week I gave up and ended up giving it away to someone.

It's unfortunate that it's selective in who it would work for. I think this would be somewhat decent only for those with EXTREMELY dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Foxy_C

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a BzzAgent and I got this as part of a BzzCampaign I just joined. I received a full-sized tube of the Burtís Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser and the Daily Moisturizing Cream. They claim to be 99.0% natural and looking at the ingredients, I agree. The majority of the ingredients are of botanical extracts, with some cocoa butter, aloe, cotton extract, rice extract and other natural ingredients. Only the bottom few ingredients are of colour and maybe some preservatives. I joined this campaign because I sometimes have sensitive skin. I also have eczema on my neck and cheeks. I will be updating this review as time goes by.

First Impression: I love it! It comes in a pump tube, so it's hygienic. It's fragrance free. I love how it starts off creamy then settles into your skin without leaving a greasy film behind. It didn't irritate my eczema at all, in fact, since using these products my skin has gotten better :). I do plan on using this all up and I do love it already. Prior to receiving this package, I was using Avon's Ultimate Age Defying Cream..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Calina_Oscura76

I received this product along with the cleanser from the same line of sensitive skin products from the Bzz campaign.. here are my two cents worth.
I was pleasantly surprised with this cream. Practically no odor, which is nice, and it feels nice going in IF the skin is still damp.. I found it hard to spread around otherwise, because my skin literally sucked this stuff up.. it sinks in beautifully .. and awfully quick.. lol.. too quick.. thus the suggestion to apply it to slightly damp skin.

No irritation, and my skin is very soft after applying this, I prefer this to the cleanser and I may very well keep this on hand especially for the winter months.. as i found it out performs some very expensive skin creams and lotions I presently have in my bathroom as I type this. I believe it goes for 24.99 CAD at my local SDM.. not too bad considering I have not reacted poorly to the product thus far. :) BONUS: no SPF. I know, everyone should use it.. but there are some of us poor souls, that burn with SPF. and burn badly. or react to it, rash, itchiness.. acne.. etc.. So I prefer my lotions and creams remain SPF free.

One one beef .. again.. the packaging.. the pump is kind of sketchy.. sometimes too much comes out.. some times not enough, and it feels like the pump is loose and the container will break after some time... will have to see about that..I hope it doesn't. otherwise, I am liking this moisturizer so far. I think it would be too heavy for the summer however. IMO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Had to leave a review for this because I am so pleasantly surprised by how wonderful it makes my skin feel! I usually make my own facial lotions but I was away and my skin felt dry and tight and my little travel jar of my homemeade goodies wasnt quite enough. It was 10 degrees out and my skin was parched. I was afraid to try anything new because it seems like every time I try a new product, I break out with cysts on my chin. 3 days after the start of a new cream, like clock work. I wouldnt believe it if I didnt see it for myself. Anyway, I like most burts bees products and they are very natural for mainstream drugstore products, so I tend to gravitate to them. My skin was already sensitized when I bought this...I had used a bp product for an emerging cyst from a sample of some other product I had used and the bp seemed to really make my skin go haywire. Dry and painful (o..and the cyst was still there!..good times).This was the best thing I could find that seemed gentle and was for sensitive skin. There is barely any scent to me, if at all. It absorbs quickly and after a month of daily use..no cysts! It could be a little more hydrating for my winter skin, but I feel that this is a great year round moisturizer. If your skin is really dry in areas, you can put on a second layer without getting any build up. You could also put another intensive moisturizer over it with no ill effects. I usually just put on a second layer on the super dry areas or use my homemade intensive moisturizer over it. Cant recommend highly enough!..And I am usually very critical of moisturizers..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by cr1000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it. It' goes on silky smooth and leaves my skin feeling soft. I like the soft fresh scent. I also like that that scent doesn't stick around for long after application.
I've used it on days when my skin was really dry and it was fine. I prefer something a bit more intense for those days, but for the most part I think you could probably use this every day of the year.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by milkypaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this moisturizer a few weeks ago after debating on 'hope in a jar' for quite a while. i'd been needing a good moisturizer for a while & when i saw this, made with 90% natural ingredients, & after i read great reviews on the burt's bees site, i bought it.
the packaging is simple but effective. it consists of a simple, easy to control pump. absolutely no mess.
as far as the product goes, i really love this moisturizer. the smell is so pleasant & gentle. the texture is creamy but not thick, & it goes on my skin smoothly. i've noticed that during these past few weeks of usage, any pimple that i've gotten seems to fade away much faster than before (i'm a very slow healer). i noticed a difference with one pimple that faded away almost completely in 3 days, as opposed to my usual week +. for that, i have to say that this moisturizer was worth spending $17 on. it also helps calm my constant rosiness.
my only downside is that i don't feel it moisturizes my dry skin enough. although it's very hydrating, around 15 minutes after application i begin to feel some tightness on the driest part of my face (forehead).
all in all, i'd definitely recommend this product, especially because it's so light & airy that i think it'd be amazing on most skin types. burt's bees is for me a brand that i'll continue to go to for my skin care.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by porcelainroses

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has become my all-time favorite facial moisturizer. The only downside to it is that it is not marked as having SPF (though zinc oxide is listed in the ingredients, so, hmm). The texture of this lotion is very light, but it moisturizes well. It absorbs easily and does not leave a film on the face. It just feels very natural to my skin, and my skin can breathe. I use it under my eyes too with no problem. I picked this up on a whim and I am so glad that I did!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by elleEelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been searching for a new moisturizer that doesn't make my sensitive acne-prone skin break out and is light enough to moisturize without making my makeup slide off my face within a few hours. This moisturizer fits the bill nicely! So many other products make me break out but this one hasn't after weeks of use, and it's light enough that my face is left moisturized without a greasy feeling. I was lucky to receive a few samples of this before purchasing which was great as it isn't on the lower end of drugstore products! No, it doesn't have an SPF factor, but I actually like that as all the other moisturizers I've tried with SPF are a bit heavier and I have a feeling that if this one had an SPF factor it would be heavier, too. Not an issue as other products I use have SPF so I am sufficiently covered. The only thing I don't particularly like is that the opaque bottle makes it impossible to tell just how much is left. But overall a 5/5 as I base my review primarily on the product itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by thebreezyboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is an AMAZING day moisturizer! I will say this is more of a heavy lotion than cream! & I wish it was a tad more moisturizing however I dont like a heavy moisturizer during the day because I feel it makes my make-up slide around. But if you prefer a super moisturizing day cream this would not be for you. I use my heavy creams at night! If you do that your face should be moisturized enough still from the night before to handle a light-med moisture cover for the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by ddpanda

I was chosen to participate in the Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin campaign -This review is for the Daily Moisturizing Cream. This cream feels rich yet lightweight when applied to the skin. Although it's labeled as a "cream", it has more of a lotion-texture to it. It absorbs very quickly & leaves a nice, matte finish on the skin. It is fragrance-free but has a pleasant smell to it; it probably comes from the sesame seed oil & shea butter. It hydrates nicely without any greasy feel whatsover. I have relatively normal skin w/seasonal dryness so I'm not sure if this will be enough moisturization for those with truly dry skin. The downside to the product is not having an SPF. Since it's labeled as a Daily Moisturizer and there is a separate product for Night, some kind of physical sunscreen really needs to be included in this product (titanium dioxide and/or zinc oxide). I posted on BB's Facebook Wall and posted this request, so hopefully, they will launch an SPF version. Otherwise, it's a lovely moisturizer and I'd recommend it to anyone, not just those who have sensitive skin.