Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water, eau), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), sucrose stearate, cetearyl alcohol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, gossypium herbaceum (cotton) flower extract, oryza sativa (rice) extract, beta vulgaris (beet, extrait de racine de betterave) root extract, quillaja saponaria bark extract, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, yucca schidigera leaf/root/stem extract, artemisia umbelliformis extract, euphrasia officinalis extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane, extrait de canne à sucre) extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, silica, sucrose, fructose, glucose, coco-glucoside, inositol, maltodextrin, citric acid, benzoic acid, trehalose, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, CI 77947 (zinc oxide), alcohol denat., phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this cleanser...before this I was making my own oatmeal cleanser which was a huge pain! You only need a dime size amount as mentioned below and it's creamy..there is no scent and although it doesn't get off my eye makeup entirely, no face wash has ever done that, nor would I want it to because it would probably be too harsh and scrubbing my eyes isn't an option. So, I have always preferred using a wet hot cotton swab and cleaning any excess. My skin is very sensitive/allergic and rosacea prone. I also use the moisturizer from the line.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LIKED this cleanser, didn't exactly love it.

First the pros:

- its gentle and did not irritate my sensitive skin
- its moisturizing
- it removes face makeup well
- it left my skin with a nice even tone (no red patches)
- there's no scent (I dislike a scent in facial products)

Now the cons:

- it does not remove eye makeup, a separate eye makeup remover is needed
- it does not control oil, my skin was super shiny within a hour or so of cleansing
- the cleanser and moisturizer combo doesn't create the ideal base for makeup application
- it doesn't clear blocked pores / black heads

Overall it is a nice cleanser. I think though its ideal for someone with normal to dry sensitive skin, not oily.

Love it! I used to use the intense hydration cleanser and I like that too but I really like this stuff! I bought it because sunflower seed oil is the second ingredient and my skin loves sunflower oil. This cleanser is very creamy and soft. Does not foam or give a squeaky clean feeling (I hate that) or strip your skin of its acid mantle. Just soft, clean, hydrated skin afterward. I use maybe a nickel amount, if that, once a day at night. Rinses clean and I did not feel like I had to put on moisturizer even after my toner which was great! I do tone afterwards with a mix of water, witch hazel, lemon juice, a tad bit of sunflower/grapeseed oils, and a drop of tea tree oil. I moisturize with a natural oil based/plant based moisturizer only if I feel like I need it. The toner doesn't really pick up anything after this cleanser unless I wear a full coverage liquid set with powder type makeup which for me is only when I go to a banquet or wedding. Usually I just use light everyday minerals powder and this gets that off just fine. This routine is great, keeps my skin healthy, happy, controls oil, and no breakouts except for a couple tiny whiteheads here and there. Super nice gentle cleanser!!

I think it would be good cleanser for people with very dry skin. Since I have oily skin, I don't use it everyday. It helps moisturizes when I occasionally have dry skin. Might make the skin feel oily for some people.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've been using this for a couple of months now. I have dry skin & in the winter months extremely dry skin. I started in the winter months, and it did great. It keeps my skin clean and moisturized. I was mostly appreciative for it moisturizing, because most cleansers dry you out especially if used everyday. This is actually safe to use twice a day; I only use it at night though. I do have one issue though; it doesn't lather up, tingle, etc like other cleansers. I was worried at first if it really worked. I must say though it may not react like other cleansers, but my face is ALWAYS clear and moisturized. It could be the naturalness of the product that doesn't cause a lather, tingle, etc. Either way I'm definitely buying again to continue to use it! Face has never felt better!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After using Cerave cleanser for normal to dry skin all summer happily, it turned out to be too drying in the harsh winter weather of the upper Midswest. This creamy cleanser turned out to be fantastic for me, cleansing without stripping my skin of oils. It removes makeup well, too, as long as you massage it into your skin for a minute or two. Completely odorless was a big selling factor for me, as scents on my face drive me nuts. It reminds me of a creamier, cheaper version of LUSH's Ultrabland cleanser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have sensitive skin and eczema. I was at first surprised with the texture and the smell, it smells like cotton really! It is a cream base cleanser so it does not lather and you do have to gently massage it into your skin and rinse it off properly. I like this, I look forward to using this is in morning and night cleansing routines.

Nice packaging, I prefer tubes so the product stays clean and doesn't get contaminated but that's where I end on the praise of this product. My skin felt oily after washing with this (?????????) and the next morning my face had large welts all over it. Not sure if I had an alergic reaction to something in the soap or if that was from the oily feel but I do no like this one bit. I will try a few more times but I'm pretty certain the welts are from the soap. I will be pitching this and not purchasing again. I did not feel clean.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have OILY & SENSITIVE skin and I love this product. I have been using BB's Sensitive for 2-3 months now, and it works well. Doesn't "throw the baby out with the bath water" by stripping my beloved natural protective oils with the dirt. My face doesn't feel dry/tight or turn red like it does with harsher products. You get a lot of product considering it's only $10, lasts me at least 2 months per tube using a nickel size amount twice a day. It's not going to make blemishes disappear overnight, but it's a good standby product that, with correct cleansing technique in a balanced regimen, has kept my skin consistently clear, soft and supple.
One thing about it is, if you don't have extremely dry skin, you want to use only very little of a LIGHT moisturizer afterward (if I'm not going out, I usually don't use any). Since I use only natural, non drying products my skin breaks out if I try to put on a heavy winter moisturizer after using it.
The only thing that would make me happier about this product would be if it did have a LITTLE more cleansing power. it will NOT remove makeup (but really, you should be removing makeup before washing your face, anyway). A LITTLE more blemish fighting power would be nice--but not at the cost of its gentle, non-irritant, cleansing attributes.

Too oily for me. If you live in the climate that is so cold and the air is so dry from AC, like Alberta, this one may good. But here British Columbia, I am looking for more refresh and clean feeling than moisturizing from the cleanser. I don't know what to do with it. My daughter stop using it, too. I won't use but I can't throw away neither.....